Realised Embraced Sacrificed

By shewhowriteslove

~Completed~ "Love knows no battlefield when it finds a soldier's heart." Meera Thapar opens her diary after a... More

Author's Note
Dedication
Chapter 1 : The Love That Met
Chapter 2 : The Love That Collided
Chapter 3 : The Love That Blossomed
Chapter 4 : The Love That Tried
Chapter 5 : The Love That Promised
Chapter 6 : The Love That Hoped
Chapter 7 : The Love That Struggled
Chapter 9 : The Love That Sealed The Deal
Chapter 10 : The Love That Lingered
Chapter 11 : The Love That Grew
Chapter 12 : The Love That Sacrificed
Chapter 13 : The Love That Died Yet Lived
Bonus Chapter
Thank You
Aesthetics
QnA
Special Update

Chapter 8 : The Love That Dreamt

1.7K 148 16
By shewhowriteslove

//तुमसा मिले जो कोई राहगुज़र, दुनिया से कौन डरे
चार कदम क्या सारी उमर, चल दूँगी साथ तेरे//

18th September 2018, Chandigarh
9 PM

Dear Diary,

Last 15 days were a dream!

A literal dream!

God bestowed me with so much happiness.

Kabir was back for a break, and I got a new and better job.

No bossy seniors this time!

But the best part, Kabir and I are getting married.

Yesss, Kabir surprised me with a dream proposal on the first day of his break.

It was a Sunday afternoon, and my lazy self was busy lounging in my room when I heard my mom shouting from downstairs, "Meera, there's a letter for you!"

Letter, means Kabir!

I ran down the stairs at the fastest speed possible and asked my mom, "Mom, where's the letter?"

"Outside.", she said with a mysterious smile.

I, surprisingly, asked, "Outside! Matlab postman se letter liya nahi aap ne?"

She said, "Nahi!"

I could feel my anger rising and I ran to the main door, yelling, "What's wrong with you, mom? Agar wo letter le kar chala gaya hoga to?,"

I opened the door and, to my utter surprise, there stood him.

The center of my universe.
The light of my world.
The love of my life.

Kabir.

Lieutenant Kabir Sethi, in all his glory, black t-shirt and black pants.

I launched onto him and hugged him tight.

I suddenly felt alive.

That afternoon, Kabir had lunch with my family. He cracked jokes with dad, helped mom in kitchen and heard Chiki's stories.

Can this guy get any better?

Evening came, and all of a sudden, he politely asked my parents, "Uncle, aunty, can I take Meera out?"

They instantly agreed and I ran up stairs to get ready.

As I was getting ready, I saw Chiki walking into my room, singing the tunes of some romantic song, and smiling.

She came near me, and whispered in my ears, "You are in for a big surprise today!"

"Surprise? What surprise?", I asked, but she just laughed and ran away.

I ignored her and continued getting ready.

Soon, Kabir drove me somewhere.

It was "Books N Brew".

The cafe outside which we first met and had out first date.

He took me to the cafe's terrace and I saw the whole area decorated with fairy lights, flowers and candles.

"Wow! I never knew about this terrace.", I said.

He replied, "It's not open for public."

I questioned, "So? What are we doing here?"

He said, "The cafe's owner is my friend, so, I asked him to prepare it. For us."

I was floored away by his gesture.

"Kabir, this is so nice.", I just whispered.

He took my hands and brought me to the centre of the terrace.

"Meera, I got a promotion. I am a Captain now. Captain Kabir Sethi.", he said with a hint of a smile gracing his lips.

"Wow, Kabir! This is such a brilliant news. I am so happy! So happy, Kabir!", I yelled and pulled him in a hug.

He broke the hug and held my hands, and said,"But, I want one more promotion."

"One more promotion?", I exclaimed.

He smiled and said,"Haan! One more!"

I said,"Haan, haan, Kabir! I am sure you'll get the next promotion very soon. I have full faith in you. You'll be a top army officer one day!"

He laughed out loud and said, "Aree, meri jaan! I am not talking about the promotion in the Army, this is different."

"Different?", I asked.

He nodded.

"Kyaa different?", I said, trying to understand what he means to say.

Kabir, trying to control his laughter, said," Jaan! This promotion is really different because only you can give me this promotion!"

My foolish brain still cannot get what he was trying to say.

I was about to snap, when I saw him get down on his knee.

"Kabir!", I whispered.

He took out a box from his pocket and looked up with eyes full of passion, love, dedication and devotion.

The next moment, I saw huge lights in the shape of the words "Marry Me" lightning up as he continued, "Meera Thapar, can I get promoted from your boyfriend to your husband? Will you marry me, my love?"

I, in utter disbelief, uttered, "Marriage, you mean shaadi? Main aur tum?"

He smiled, "Well, mujhe to sirf yahi pata hai! Aur bhi koi matlab hota hai marriage, I mean, shaadi ka? Aur rahi baat, meri aur aapki, to mujhse nahi to kisi aur se marriage, I mean, shaadi karna chahti hain aap?"

I laughed and said, "Nahi, Captain sahab! Aap ke hote hue kisi aur ki kya zaroorat?"

Kabir asked again,"To phir, main Army mein Captain, aur aap meri Captain? Deal?"

I grinned and tried to copy the accent of an army officer and yelled enthusiastically, "Ji, Sir!"

We both laughed out loud and Kabir slipped the ring onto my ring fingers.

It was a simple ring, with a slender band of polished silver that held a single, flawless pearl. The pearl's lustrous surface seemed to capture the light, casting a soft glow that mirrored the tenderness of our connection.

He got up and we both clutched onto each other in the tightest hug possible.

I heard Kabir murmur, "Thank you, Meera!"

I couldn't stop myself as my eyes teared up and I began to cry.

Kabir broke the hug, and held my face, trying to wipe my tears, "Meera, why are you crying? Did I say something wrong? You don't want to marry this early?"

I murmured with tears in my eyes, "I am so happy, Kabir!"

He leaned in, his breath mingling with mine, and our lips met.

Suddenly, I felt water droplets falling on my face.

It had begun to rain!

The rain fell gently, creating a soothing melody around us. The kiss began as soft and tender, like the first droplets of rain hitting the ground. His lips were warm against mine, a contrast to the cool rain that drenched our skin.

Suddenly, his fingers found the small of my back, encircling my waist and pulling me closer, diminishing all the distance between us. The touch ignited a tingling warmth that spread through my whole body. A shiver raced down my spine.

He deepened the kiss, his lips began to assert a more urgent pressure, a hunger that mirrored the yearning we felt deep within. He pried open my lips, and our tongues mingled.

The taste of rain coupled with the taste of him, a combination that was uniquely intoxicating. My hands found their way to his chest, fingers curling against the fabric of his shirt. I could feel Kabir's heartbeat, steady and strong, as if it were echoing the emotions that swelled within me.

Time seemed to lose its meaning as our kiss continued, a timeless interlude in which all that mattered was the connection between us. His lips were like a promise fulfilled, a whisper of devotion that echoed in every touch, every brush of skin against skin.

The rain kept falling around us, a gentle accomplice to our intimate encounter.

We separated as my breaths started getting heavy and I gasped for air.

In that moment, this kiss in the rain became a memory etched into our hearts, a memory that would forever remind us of the love we shared amidst the sweetest dance of nature.

"I love you, Meera!", I heard Kabir whisper, as he leaned, touching his forehead with mine.

"I love you too, Kabir."

We found the rain getting heavy and rushed out of the terrace.

We were both drenched from head to toe, as we made our way to his car.

"I am sorry, Meera! I should have checked the weather and made better plans. I couldn't even give you a nice proposal.", he whispered sadly while driving.

"Excuse me, Captain sahab, this was the best proposal." I said.

Kabir smiled.

He suddenly parked the car, took my hands in his and said, "Meera, there is nothing much I can give you. Forget about things, I can't even give you time. We have been dating for three years, but I don't think I have even spent three months with you. Long distance and uncertainty is the only thing I have been giving you, and...."

Before he could continue further, I leaned in, my hands on his cheeks. "I wouldn't trade our moments together for anything, even if it means dealing with long distances and uncertainty."

He intertwined our fingers. "You've been my constant support," He said, a touch of seriousness in his voice. "Through the distance, the uncertainties, and the challenges that come with this uniform."

My gaze softened. "And you've been my hero, even when you're miles away."

He leaned in, brushing a soft kiss against my lips.

"I promise that one day I will make up for all the things we have missed.," he said, gazing into my eyes.

I grinned, leaning in for another kiss, "I know, you will!"

"Thank you again for saying yes," he whispered.

I smiled, my heart in my throat, "Chalo, bas bahut hua! Aur waise bhi, ye emotional, senti baatein mujhe suit karti hai, aap ko nahi, Captain sahab!"

We shared a loud laugh and Kabir resumed his driving.

That night was still, but our hearts were dancing to a tune that only we could hear-a melody of love, resilience, and unwavering commitment that had carried us through every obstacle. As we held each other, I knew that our love story was a testament to the strength of the Indian Army and the unbreakable bond we shared.

The next day, our parents met and decided on the dates for our wedding. With deliberate consideration, we locked 11th November as the D-day.

Fifteen days passed by in blink, and Kabir left for his duty to Rajasthan.

This time, I was sad about his going, but was more excited about his upcoming visit.

Cause, this time, when he comes, we'll be husband and wife.

Mr and Mrs Kabir Sethi.

I never, never expected I would marry this soon.

When I landed in Chandigarh three years ago after my graduation, marriage was a far off thing.

But, who knew, this little break to Chandigarh will write the biggest story of my life.

Who knew a certain fauji was going to fight and win over my heart?

I am so excited about our upcoming wedding, and of course, about our life ahead.

How will it be to have Kabir as my husband?

I have seen perfect marriages in my family, and I surely dream of one with Kabir.

The marriages where they have been married 20 years but are still crazy in love and still their eyes shine and brim with love for each other.

I hope our marriage is one such.

But, with Kabir's profession, things are different.

My friends feel that I should have considered a lot of factors before saying yes to him, most importantly his profession. After all, marriage is a big thing!

Am I ready to spend my days and nights alone, waiting for my husband, not having any idea when will he return? Am I ready to marry a person whose life is always in danger? Am I sure of marrying a man who might not be there for me when I'll need him the most?

These things often cloud my brain.

But, do I regret saying yes to Kabir?

No, I don't.

I know our love is going to face a lot of struggle, I don't know what our future holds for us, but the only thing I know is nobody could give me the love and happiness that Kabir could.

His profession is his pride, and I, his strength.

Kabir's strength won't ever weaken his pride.

Meera

Another update!!

Dedicating this beautiful chapter to
sakshirana787648 and nehajaplot! Thank you so much!

Kabir & Meera are going to marry!
Tell your thoughts about the chapter, and also about Meera & Kabir.

Vote, comment, share and follow.

Also, if you have not voted for the past chapters, please do so.

Follow me on Instagram @ shewhowriteslove.

Until next time

Love

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83K 7K 34
*Status - Ongoing* (COMPLETED on Scrollstack-link is in my bio) UPDATE - ONCE THE TARGET GETS COMPLETE Book 2 of the Childhood Sweethearts series. "F...
2.3M 91.8K 72
Preeti is a simple girl like every indian girl. Her parents fixed her marriage to Siddharth who lives in America. Siddharth and her family came Preet...
970K 47.8K 73
Naina Rao: She's a 22 year old engineering graduate. Loves to read books , write and is an intellectual thinker. Aspires to study AI in Canada. Lives...
51K 5.7K 49
#1st book of promises series. Drishti Khanna is an ambitious girl who fights with every insecurity she has had. Witnessing a struggle full of childho...