blossom out | minsung

By masterof-none

where is jisung gets hired as a babysitter and meets the baby's handsome brother. what happens when he finds... More

esthetic. & playlist
1.
2.
3.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.

4.

631 35 16
By masterof-none

| jisung's pov |

it's been a 3 days since i started working as a baby sitter for hana. it's been easy, and fun, and thrilling to say, i've gotten much closer to her than before, and rather than having timid talk, we just talked casually. and sometimes we'd go insane over the littlest of the things. such as, playing with her toys, and talking gibberish. she really likes it when i talk to her. even though she probably doesn't understand half of the things i rant to her, she still replies with other things that turn up into another short but entertaining conversation.

i've made her food and we play with her toys and watch at least one movie before going to take a walk. when i make my to work i've noticed a park not far from the house, giving me an idea that i should at least take her to have fun there instead of always having her inside the house. that's how we've spend the past 3 days.

and, for the last 3 days, i have not seen her big brother, minho.

i guess you can say i'm sorta relieved. at least i won't be bothered by his pheromones or his presence being in the house. that's a weight off my shoulders.

it's not like i want to see him or anything. i mean, i won't lie his scent is pretty calming and soothing. very different compared to the ones i'm usually smelling all over the streets. but, that's not what i'm here for. i need money. and i'm not gonna let my stupid omega instincts ruin that for me.

🌷🌷🌷

hana now greets me with a hug, and june has now look more comfortable having me there. i'm glad though, that she at least had some sort of hesitation to let a complete stranger in their homes. because i know i would have, if i cared about my daughter.

anyway though, today i'm feeling far more comfortable then i should be cooking some eggs for hana in the kitchen. i'm not even sure why i'm suddenly feeling so light but it feels nice. i will enjoy it while it lasts.

i look at hana who's dancing in the living room hearing some kids songs.

"hana, do you want to go the park later?" i called out.

hana turns around to look at me, and she has a wide smile on her face. "yes! let's go! yes! yes, yes, yes!"

i chuckle. "yes, we'll go. but later, okay? when the sun gets a little more down, hmm?"

hana smiles and nods her head fondly. "yes! okay! i'll wait patiently!" she said, and continued on dancing. i smile at her fondly and continue cooking the eggs and some pancakes for her. this seems to be my first time ever cooking something from another country than the usual things i eat in my day. but, hana likes these, so i hope she'll like mine too. what i mean is that i hope they taste good.

as i'm about to grab a plate to put the pancakes on, the front door turns and before i know it, hana is running to the door and yelling out "big brother is home!" and "big brother i missed you!" and i realize how my mood instantly falters back to my depths of seeing her brother.

ha...why am i disappointed all of a sudden now?

i sigh heavily and shake the thoughts off, knowing there isn't really nothing for me to do now, because after all, this is his home. his house. not mine. i'm just invading his space.

i grab the plate and ignore the way my heart squeezes from the thought and from the now stupefying scent trailing along the air, forcing it's way inside my nostrils.

sweet.

i turn off the stove; flip the pancakes around and then start removing them from the pan, along with the scrambled egg. but then i feel his presence in the room and i turn around and our eyes efficiently meet. i suck in a deep breath and grab the plate to put it on the counter in front of me. "hana," i called out, shifting my gaze elsewhere. "your pancakes are done," i added.

minho puts hana down and she walks over to me. "already?" she asks.

i nod along with a soft hum. "yes. they're right here," i show her the plate of small pancakes.

she smiles and touches them, but when she does, her hand instantly retreats and she gasps, letting out a yelp of "hot." my brows furrowed and i quickly put back the plate on the counter. i'm about to reach out for hana but then with a blink of an eye, minho is already there, holding her and bringing her to the sink to rinse off her finger.

"ow..." hana mumbles as the cold water runs on her small finger.

i watch from afar, unable to move my feet as i've gotten a whiff of minho's luscious scent the mere second ago.

oh gosh...i think i'm starting to sound insane.

i clench my hands together and clear away the smell, walking to the table to grab some napkins set in the center. i stand beside them, making sure to keep a some space between him and i, not wanting for him to think i want to get close to him. or that i've purposely leaned closer to them than i necessarily needed to.

i grab hana's hand and with what i know to do, soak the napkin with cold water and place it lightly on her hand. minho turns off the water and takes a step back, and so i do. but i take two steps away from them, just to make it clear to him that i have no intentions to jump on him.

minho looks at me, and i expect for him to glare at me for letting hana to get hurt so easily, or something like that but he doesn't. he just stares at me like any other normal stare. i don't know what i was expecting, but he didn't look mad at me for accidentally making his sister touch hot and barely out of the pan pancakes that could have been easily avoided if i didn't have to be so distracted by the presence of him.

he opens his mouth though, and with his silky voice he says, "she'll be fine. it was just a small accident. don't worry about it." and then he makes his way to the couch, still holding onto hana by his side.

i follow behind them. when he takes a seat on the couch, i take a seat on the sofa across from them. hana looks at minho, and says, "big brother, i want a band-aid."

minho hums, "it's just a small wound, it'll be fine in no time."

hana frowns. "but i want a band-aid," she whimpers.

minho smiles and pats her head softly. "okay then, i'll go get one for you."

and then like a switch off, hana shakes her head enthusiastically with a smile on her lips. "no! i'll get it! i know where it is! i have some," she says.

minho hesitates to say something. "where is it at? i'll get it for you," he said.

hana shakes her head. "i want to get it. i know where it is." hana gets off minho's lap and starts walking towards the bathroom. quickly, minho goes after her and helps her get the band-aid inside a drawer.

when they return hana has the band-aid on her finger and she shows it to me with a smile. "i'm all fine..!" she says.

i smile softly. "i'm glad," i respond, and she takes a seat on the carpet and begins playing with her toys. minho returns and he takes a seat back on the couch.

i scratch the back of my neck awkwardly as silence fills the room. though eventually, i clear my throat in attempt to break the silence. "i'm sorry," i begin. minho's brows furrowed and he straightens his posture. i continue, "this whole thing...it's probably bothersome coming home and seeing some random omega taking care of your sister..."

minho shakes his head slowly. "no, it's um...fine. i get it, you need the money."

i hum softly, "i just...don't want you to think, i want to..." i pause, unable to find the right words to explain to him that i have no intentions of jumping on him. thankfully though, he seems to understand and he waves a hand and leans back.

"ah, no i understand..."

i nod awkwardly. "yeah, great..." i don't know why i said that when there's clearly not any sort of emotion of relief in my voice. i trail my eyes elsewhere now that there's a beat of awkward silence.

five seconds pass by but then minho finally decides to speak first, making me drift my attention back on him. "i wasn't so kind the last interactions we had..erm, sorry about that.."

i quickly try to reassure him that's fine. "ah, you don't have to worry about that...it's all...? in the past, now..?" i slowly quote, not completely used to reassuring someone. or replying in certain conversations like this. especially with someone i don't even know at all.

minho merely hums. "yeah, cool. okay.."

i nod my head along as silence threatens to return. quickly, i open to say something that'll stop the silence from following us. "i'm not that great of a cook but if you're hungry, if you want, i could try to make whatever you'd want. since, i'm supposed to make some dinner food for hana.."

minho hums, a little more attentive this time. "sounds good. i could also if you'd like. i'm actually very good at cooking."

my brows raise in amusement. "oh, really?"

"yeah. i have some photos in my phone, wanna see?" minho grabs his phone from his pocket quickly and he gestures for me to look. hesitantly, i made my way towards him. i made sure to leave some safe space between us when i take a seat beside him. he hands me his phone, "you can swipe through if you want."

stiffly, i grab the phone and look at the photos carefully. from the corner of my eye i see hana stand up and make her way towards us. "i wanna see," she says, and i feel a sense as if she was my hero now.

relaying on a child to save the day, how idiotic of you jisung.

hana stands between my legs and i hold her carefully as i show her the photos so we can both see them together. with every swipe hana makes a amused 'wow' and 'ooh' sound. i smile softly, and after the fifth photo i stop and hand the phone back to minho, afraid i might see a photo i'm not supposed to.

"so, what's you think?" minho asks, as he put his phone beside him.

i smile softly and hum delicately. "they look well made," i respond.

minho nods along. "yep. they all tasted good too."

"what'd you think of macaroni then? was it good too?" i can't help my curiosity as my thoughts went back to that day. i remember, i was so nervous and afraid my cooking would taste bad that i half wanted not to give him any of it. it's not like i cook to pleased others of the taste, i've never actually cook for anyone else but me. and the way my food tastes doesn't at all matter to me just as long as i would get to eat it. i never cared enough to change anything of my cooking up, but at the moment, i wished i paid a little more attention to what i was doing.

minho stares at me long and hard, and i eagerly wait to hear his reply. but when he finally does do something, he does this hissing sound with his mouth as if he were second-guessing something. my lips curve slightly to the side upon hearing the noise he made. "i could be honest if you'd like."

his words completely leave me shook and i can't help the gratifying laugh that escapes my mouth. "you're asking me if i want to hear the truth now?" i questioned between my laugh.

minho's lips twitch and he nods his head slowly. "i mean, since we just started talking, i don't wanna ruin it by saying something harsh or something.."

jisung waves it off with a hand, the other covering his mouth. "no, no, it's fine. i don't get hurt by those sort of things. i like hearing the truth more better."

"ah, okay then..well, the macaroni wasn't that bad...it was just a bit burnt. but it taste like macaroni either way so, i think you did a good job."

i smile at that. "that's good to hear. would you mind if i asked you if you can help me cook from now on?"

minho nodded. "i was planning on helping either way."

for some stupid i reason, i give him a thumbs up. "thanks." my awkwardness is getting stronger and i don't know if it's going to take over me at this point. i stand up before the silence would get me. "i hope we can have a good relationship with each other."

minho hums and stands up as well. "yeah, i agree."

"that's good," i blurt out.

minho stares at me hard and i began to feel embarrassed about being here. i wish i can run away, but i can't knowing i'm here after all because i have a job to take care of. it's not like i can go running away in the middle of taking care of hana. i mean, i'd probably need to take hana with me, right..?

a chuckle breaks me out of my thoughts and i shift my attention back on minho. he's already staring at me when he says, "if you want, we can drop the honorifics. you seem to look a little bit uncomfortable."

surprisingly, i feel a little more relief after hearing him chuckle and seeing him smile.

at least i know i can make him smile.

"oh, you noticed that?" to be honest, i'm not extremely used to being formal to people looking my age. though, it's mostly because the people who are my age, are the people i can comfortably talk to without being formal with. generally, i just don't talk to other people my age unless it's my friends.

summing it all up, i'm completely an introvert who only speaks with those i already know.

i'm not used to talking formally for so long.

"it's completely obvious, to be honest," minho said through a smile.

i nod and awkwardly scratch the back of my neck. "yeah well, i don't really talk to anyone i don't know so, it feels odd talking so formally."

minho sits back down on the couch and gestures for me to do the same. i don't have much of a choice but to listen to him. really, the only reason why i stood so suddenly was to escape the awkward conversation, but now the awkwardness and tension is slowly dying away. i hope it doesn't return any time soon.

"i can tell you a few things about me if you want," minho suggested.

i nod my head only once stiffly. "yes. i think that would loosen my tense bones a little."

minho chuckles quietly at my words. "i hope you can loosen up more than a little," he mumbles.

my eyebrows furrowed at his comment but he doesn't leave me anytime to think more about it as he's already moving on. "i'm 23, birthday is on october 25. i like to cook and i work at two jobs. at a movie cinema and as a waiter. i go to college and i'm majoring in literature and sociology. i'm also pretty good at math. my hobbies are: reading books, writing, and watching movies. sometimes, i like writing reviews for the movies i watch. oh, and i also sometimes get paid writing reviews for a movie. my mbti is isfp, and i like playing video games, if i have time to do so..and that pretty much sums up most of my bio," minho finished off with a delicate smile.

i hum along as i rehear his entire words that he had just said.

he reads, writes, and watches movies. also, he gets paid writing reviews for movies?? what? how did i not know of this?! and goddamn, this guy literary sounds so perfect...! he majors in literature and sociology?? and you're telling me he's still capable of being 'pretty good' in maths? and i can't be forgetting the fact that's he's a total domestic alpha! since when did i ever run into a alpha like this?

i don't think i ever have, to be honest.

my entire life i've been thinking there's no such thing as a soft-spoken, well-mannered alpha like this. the ones i've ever met before have this strong smell to them that it practically made me feel dizzy. they'd be so over-confident that some omegas even fall for that sort of typical sort of thing. i've always thought those sort of alphas were the most toxic unable to live with type that i began hating the idea of alpha and an omega together. that i began hating the thought of ever dating again.

but damn...did this surely surprise me.

not that it should. because now that i surely can think about it, there must be more people like him.

minho's throat being cleared out snaps me out of my thoughts and i regain my attention back to him. "your turn," he said to me.

i slowly try to process what i'm about to say as i've gotten far too distracted my minho's introduction. "ah, right...i'm 22 years old...oh, my birthdays in september 14. i like to listen to music. i basically hear it every day. um...i like to watch anime more than watching regular human movies...i like seeing new places but i sometimes can't leave my house without any sort of trouble following after me once i step foot...my only job is this. baby sitting hana. ah, right..! people say i'm good with babies. like, i have the gift of taking care of babies...that's all i could think of right now.."

"your mbti?"

"erm..." i pause, trying to remember.

clearly, i know it was something with 'i'.

"oh, istp," the answer came quicker than the way my brain functioned.

minho nodded. "cool. some people say knowing someone's mbti helps you get to know more about them...but i honestly think that doesn't matter."

i can't help the next thing that leaves my mouth. "why did you ask me then?"

"because, it's nice to hear your four letter english named given to you by a simple question-answer test. there my mother was, giving so much thought of what to name her baby, when this test thing just does it for you so quickly. hello, i'm a isfp, nice to meet you~" minho randomly changes his voice of tone at the end as he bows formally to me. i stare at him blankly, unsure of what to do and what was suddenly going on.

for a moment, i think this was when our conversation would end, but then, surprising me, minho lets out a laugh. a short, awkward, stiff chuckle. "erum, sorry about that...i promise i'm not a weirdo."

i wave it off. "no that's okay...you be you, right?"

my response makes minho do that same awkward-embarrassed chuckle. "yeah, thanks for that."

"no problem," i manage to say back.

he looks at the watch in his hands before he looks back at me in misfortune. "i have an online class right now that i have to take. i promise, once i'm done i'll help you out with the food and all, ok?"

i nod and hum softly. "yeah, that's fine. i was gonna take hana out on a stroll either way, so...totally fine."

minho smiles softly at me as he stood up. "cool then. i won't take long. it'll be done by an hour."

"okay, i'll be waiting then.." i mumble, not quite used to saying such a friendly thing i would say to my friends and no one else. after all, i still feel like a complete stranger to him even after we both informed each other of our favorite things in the world. and, had our first ever proper conversation, not to mention with loops of awkwardness.

could you say we're close already?

no. obviously not.

i watch as minho quickly walks to the stairs to make his way to his bedroom. his scent of cologne lingering behind him.

he doesn't just have good pheromones. but his cologne is also attracting.

i think i'm stuck with a perfect all-too-good alpha.

how will i be able to not fall for him?...

fuck.

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

love my introverted and
awkward- soft couple 🫶🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 885 15
Every day was filled with anxiety and the need to walk on eggshells in her own home. Y/N never even wanted him as her mate, he was chosen for her des...
177K 5.4K 47
Minho was a recessive omega. Jisung was a pure blood alfa. What if they meet in a very curious situation? What if their eyes meet? What can happen...
542K 21.9K 40
An Australian Omega moves to Korea, In high hopes of succeeding his career as a professional dancer. What shall happen when he rooms with a new frien...
23.6K 939 30
Xu Minghao, an omega and the only omega that doesn't have a smell. Everyone consider him as a beta since no one can feel his pheromones, the only per...