THE BASEBALL CONTEST ; THE SA...

By LIL_ST4RR

𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗗𝗢𝗘𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗟𝗢𝗧 𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗞 𝗔𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗧 ; Scotty Smalls moves to a new neighbourhood his... More

OUR BASEBALLS PLAYERS ✨
THE BEGINNING OF SUMMER VACATIONS
A/N
THE SLEEPOVER
THE POOL
FOURTH OF JULY
THE BEAST HUNTING
A NEW BASEBALL TEAM AROUND

THE BIGGEST PICKLE WE ALL GOT IN

53 0 1
By LIL_ST4RR

TOMORROW

3RD PERSON'S POV :

The sandlot boys and "The Incredible Beasts" we went to the sandlot to play some baseball was the day I got us into the biggest pickle I got us in.

As usual they all played baseball, Kenny throwed the ball and Benny hit it high making it go over the fence, confused they all ran in a circle.

"I can't believe it!" They said.

One of the boys tried to make him get the good side of how probably only two or three guys did that and they must be old mans.

"That means we can't play no more! I mean, it's only 12 'o clock and I just ruined the day for us." Benny said.

"No you didn't, that's the most amazing thing I ever saw." Kenny said with noises in agreement.

"Exactly!" Y/N mentioned agreeing to her twin brother.

"Anybody got money?" Benny asked.

"No." Everyone said.

"Then okay, we can't play no more!" Benny said.

"Isn't that 5$ in your pocket?" Giselle asked to Aaliyah.

"Yeah." Aaliyah nodded.

"Then why you said you didn't have money?" She asked.

"Not wasting money on that." She said making Isabella laugh.

"No we can." Scotty denied.

"What? You got 99 extra cents at home, Smalls?" Benny asked.

"No, I got a ball." He said.

"Go get it!" They all yelled at Scotty.

ON SCOTTY'S SIDE

Scotty looked around and saw the ball, it was signed Babe Ruth, "I got it guys!" He yelled, "I got it! Right here!"

"We got this!" Aaliyah said.

Scotty hit it so high Benny was trying to run after it, "Yeah!" Scotty said happy.

"Yes! Ready to go to school, man!" Ham said.

They all started to cheer on Scotty, "You forgot to third! You got a third base!" Ham told him, "Smalls!" Ham yelled, "The hell is he doing?" He asked, Bertram answered his question making Y/N confused. "What..?" She asked turning to him.

Everyone walked towards Smalls, Ashley screamed, "It's the monster! It's the monster!" Ashley ran away before Scotty took her arm, "No, no, no! Stay." He said.

"There's no monster!" Y/N denied laughing nervously making Ashley give her a "be for real" look.

"We gotta get the ball back." He said.

"Oh yeah.."

"Good one, Smalls!"

"Let's get another ball!" Benny said.

"No, you don't understand!" Scotty said.

"What should we do? You feel bad 'cause you hit it so high now we can't play no more." He said.

"No, you don't understand! That wasn't my ball!" He explained.

"What, do you mean that wasn't your ball?" Squints asked.

"It was my step dad's. I stole it from his trunk room it was a present or something. Someone gave it to him, we gotta give it back! He's gonna kill me!" He said.

"Listen to me, Smalls, it's the matter of life and death. Where did your old man get that ball?" Squints asked.

"What? I don't know, some lady gave it to him, why?" Scotty answered.

"What?" They asked confused.

"Yeah, she even signed her name on it! It's some lady named Ruth. Babe Ruth!" Scotty explained.

Y/N screamed shocked but Kenny shushed her, "Oh yeah your step dad is definitely gonna kill you!" She said.

"Babe Ruth!?" They said in shock running to the fence climbing.

They all looked over the fence to hear growling sounds, they all screamed out of terror and ran away from the fence, "I don't wanna die!" Amelia said.

"The Beast got it!" Kenny said.

Timmy said something to Scotty which made Tommy repeat it : "Smalls, you mean to tell me you at home swiped a ball, that was signed by Babe Ruth?! Timmy said shocked of the situation, "And you actually brought it here to actually play with it?"

"And play with it?" Tommy repeated.

"Yeah, but I was gonna bring it back!" Scotty defended himself.

"But it was signed by Babe Ruth!" Squints said.

"Yeah, you keep telling me that! Who is she?" Scotty asked making the girls laugh.

Y/N scoffed and rolled her eyes playfully at the situation, "You mean he." She corrected crossing her arms chuckling

"What?! What?!" Ham said shocked of what just happened.

They all gave him complimentary names, about Babe Ruth, Scotty seemed confused.

"The greatest of all time of baseball?" Mariana and Sophia said that the same time.

"The Great Bambino!" Ham yelled.

"Oh my gosh! You mean that's the same guy?" Scotty asked.

"Yeah." They all said.

"You are in a big pickle, Scotty." The Christian twins said at the same time.

"Smalls, Babe Ruth is the greatest baseball player that ever lived. People say, he was less than a guy, more than a man." He said added more things, "This ball worth's more than your whole life, man." Benny said.

"That's a little bit harsh saying this ball worth's more than his life but he's not wrong, Smalls." Y/N said, she sighed, "I'm gonna go get it."

"No!" They all yelled dragging her back.

"Y/N, no! There's a monster, remember?" Ashley said.

"I don't feel so good" He said falling on his knees, everyone took their baseball caps and moved them like a fan, "We gotta get that ball back." Scotty said.

"Alright, what does your old man get off work?" Benny asked.

"He's on business, out of town. But he could be back anytime." Scotty answered.

"Alright find out when, and guys : Spread out and look out for cash. We gotta find 99 cents to fight us a ball." Benny said.

They ran to Vincent's Drugstore, bought a ball and took a pen to imitate Babe's Ruth signature, they gave the ball to Scotty and he put it in the right spot.

LATER WHEN SCOTTY GOES HOME

His mom was here asking what he was doing, Scotty explained he was looking at his baseball things. His mom told him that he doesn't like him touching his stuff, he apologized, his mom asked him if he ever told him and Scotty said "no".

His mom explained to him the whole story, Scotty rushed to the sandlot to the treehouse, he was pretty nervous of the whole thing and was in a big pickle. "Hey I got it! Why don't we just go over, and knock on the door and ask Mr. Mertle if we can get the ball?" Scotty proposed.

"Are you out of your mind?" Squints asked, "Mr. Mertle is the meanest all-man that ever lived! He's the one who makes the Beast eat that kid. Forget about it!" He said.

"Sorry." He apologized, "I will." He said,

"Let's look out the window." Squints said.

LATER ON

They had an idea, they took a plank of the fence off, had a pole to take the baseball and Squints checking with a cereal box the area like binoculars, "Why can't I just get over that fence?" Y/N said to herself.

"Because you're going to die if you go here!" Benny explained, Y/N shrugged and with her own mind realized that they were making over exaggerating, they heard growlings making everyone scream, smoke came over the fence leaving everyone in shock.

"I think we seriously under estimated the Beast." Timmy said.

"Yeah, why don't you go over that fence, Y/N since you wanted yourself?" Kenny asked.

"Y-yeah.. U-uhm.. I'm good." Y/N said.

"That's what I thought." He said.

Y/N groaned but they found out with a new plan, going on the top of the tree house, used a pole connected to an air blowing machine with a attached to glove, the air would put the ball up making the glove catch it making them have the ball.

a/n : NAH BECAUSE THEY SMART ASF THEY WALKED SO 5 MINUTES CRAFT COULD RUN

Ham put the pole up like the plan but the Beast bit the stick making all of them scream in terror, the air machine wouldn't stop and smoke was blowing out making everyone leave the tree house. Ham was panicking, people were jumping over him going off the bridge and he jumped too. Even if they hurt themselves they got up, The girls slid down the pole to leave and Danielle jumped over Ham, "Ham get out of here!" Danielle yelled to him. The tree house exploded and Timmy was full of dust, they all looked shocked at his state..

"We've been going about this so wrong. I blame myself, we need a total surprise, an air board attack. The Beast will never expect it." Timmy said.

They had a new plane of sticking Yeah-Yeah to a rope like in bungee jumping, "Be careful, Yeah-Yeah!" Amelia said.

Yeah-Yeah nodded, "I will." He said to Amelia and he took the ball and was disgusted of the ball's state, "I'm done!" He whispered.

"Get him up." Squints said quietly.

Ham lost the train of the cycling and was panicking, "Ham, everything okay?" Y/N asked.

"Uh I don't know!" He said.

Yeah-Yeah was finally up, but stuck and everyone was panicking and screaming, it was now Science against Nature. It was the third try, third time's the charm!

The ball was flying : "I got it! I got it, I got it!" Benny yelled before the Beast swallowed it.

Y/N was breathing heavily trying not to scream angry of all these tries, "You okay?" Benny asked.

"Yeah.." Y/N mumbled breaking a branch stick.

Smoke started to blow out and everyone sighed. "I give up." Y/N said, "I can't do this anymore." She said.

"Y/N wait-" Benny tried to stop her.

"There's no wait, Benny, I mean we tried everything.." She said making noises in agreement.

My life was over just as Bill had finally warmed up to me and made me the man of the house. Great, I had a dream that, a giant baseball was signed by Babe Ruth falling out of the sky and hammering the ground like a spike. I didn't know what that meant, but Benny and Y/N had dreams.. And their's were a lot more helpful!

BENNY'S DREAM

"Who's there?" Benny asked, Babe Ruth came in, "But you're.." Benny stated.

"Dead? Legends never die." He said.

"But you're really him?" He said turning to the wall's picture and to him, "You're the Babe!" He said, "The King of crash."

"King Crash, I know. We don't have much time, I'm here because you're in some kind of pickle, right?" He asked.

"Yeah." Benny nodded.

The Great Bambino started to explain things to Benny, that were important and advice for him to solve the pickle he and his friends got in. "Everybody gets one chance to do something good.

Most people don't take that chance because they're too scared or don't recognize. This is your big chance." He said, Benny was scared since Babe Ruth told him to hop over the fence and decided to ask him about it, "Wait. You're saying I should hop over the fence and pickle the Beast?" He asked.

"Think about it, kid, I'll see you later." He said closing the door.

"Remember kid, there's heroes and legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die."

Y/N'S DREAM

"Who's that?" Y/N asked, "Is there a killer trying to kill me? If so, tell my families I love them." She said covering herself with her blanket but saw Babe Ruth and squealed of excitement.

"Oh my gosh! Babe Ruth! That's you! Wait, you're.." She said.

"Dead. But I am here, now, right? Legends never die." He asked making her nod.

"Yeah that's true. So, what are you doing here? Is it just my imagination or you actually came?" She asked.

"Oh wait! How's the after life?" She asked, "What happens?"

"Uh, maybe let's not repeat that one kiddo. Too many questions at a time." He said, "Anyway, I heard you're in some kind of pickle with your friends, I mean, he used his step-dad's ball, that was signed by me, right?" He asked.

"They're not my friends, only Aaliyah, Ashley, Giselle, Sophia, Mariana, Amelia and Isabella are my friends they're our opponents." Y/N denied.

"Oh no, you guys are definitely friends, you see how you guys act to each other? Pure friendship." Babe Ruth denied.

"Okay well why are you here?" She asked happily.

Babe Ruth sighed at the girl's cluelessness, "I'm here because you and your friends are in a pickle and I'm here to help you."

"Yeah, Scotty took a ball signed by you and we played with and it went over the fence, so we spended our lives looking for 99 cents and they faked your signature." Y/N explained.

"Listen, Y/N, heroes get remembered but legends never die, think about it. You could make a whole impact if you hopped of that fence."

"Are you sure?" Y/N asked, he nodded.

"100% sure even." He said leaving.

Y/N eyes widen, she wasn't sure if she was dreaming or if it was a vision, she wasn't sure of doing it either..

SCOTTY'S POV

"I had a dream, get your clothes, we're going to the sandlot." Benny said climbing on my window.

"Okay!" I said like he told me.

I changed into my clothes and ran into the sandlot, I met everyone and everyone was here except Y/N.

"Where's Y/N?" Benny asked.

"Why do you care is it because-" Kenny asked.

"Shut up!" Benny said hitting his shoulder.

"Whatever." Kenny said.

"Well what she's taking so long?" Benny asked.

"She stayed up so late she's taking extra hours of sleeping and she was talking in her sleep to Babe Ruth." Kenny explained.

"She did what?" Benny asked shocked "You didn't wake her up?" He said changing the topic.

"Yeah but she wouldn't wake up so I just left her." Kenny said.

"She's here!" Timmy said.

"She's here!" Tommy repeated.

3RD PERSON'S POV :

"Hey guys! I stayed up late so I slept more so sorry I'm late. Anyways, I actually had this crazy dream when Babe Ruth told me to hop over the fence and I was like, why? And he told me that there's legends and heroes, heroes get remembered but legends never die! I actually didn't know if it was a dream or reality, but I consider it more as a vision." Y/N said running to the sandlot.

"What?" Benny said shocked.

"What, what?" Y/N asked.

"I had the same dream too!" Benny said surprised,

"Is that normal that we got the same dream?" Y/N asked, "Nah, I don't think so." She said answering to her own question.

"Then come on, let's go." Benny said.

"No, no, no! I can't do that, I mean, uhm.. Can someone else do it?" Y/N said turning to the girls.

"Nope, sorry girl! Not dying today!" Giselle said.

"No, I don't think any of us had a dream about that." Aaliyah said with yeah's, "Except you and Benny." She added.

"But I don't want to-" Y/N said.

"Y/N, I know you're scared, but hear this out : Everybody gets one chance to do something good. Most people don't take that chance because they're too scared or don't recognize. This is your big chance to do something great." He said.

"You have to do it, you wanted to hop over that fence, remember?" Benny added.

"Yeah, I guess so." She said.

"I'll be with you." Benny said giving her a side hug.

a/n : that's pretty cringe but you get the point

"Gross!" Kenny said.

"Stop it, Kenny! He's just giving her moral support. It's gonna make her feel better." Aaliyah said.

"Whatever." Kenny mumbled.

Everyone was worried for Benny and Y/N : "Benny, wait. It's okay, it was my fault. You don't have to do this, neither do you, Y/N." Scotty said.

"Yeah, you guys don't have to do it. It's like committing suicide!" Squints said.

A/N : HELPP

"Don't do it, guys." Timmy said.

"Yeah, don't do it." Tommy repeated.

"No! Don't do it Y/N!" Ashley said running to give her a hug.

"Ashley.. I need to breathe." Y/N said.

"Sorry but please don't do it you could die!" Ashley said, "Also you Benny, of course." She laughed nervously.

"Yeah, okay." Benny said rolling his eyes knowing Ashley added him in not to make him feel left out.

"Yeah, we do, Smalls, we have to do this, come on Y/N." Benny said.

The two hopped over the fence, Y/N looked around nervous and can't believe she did it, she heard growls amd saw the Beast "Awwh! He's kinda adorable." Y/N said.

"Y/N, stay focused." Benny said.

"Okay." Y/N nodded.

"So, here's the plan : I take the ball and when I'm getting towards you, I throw it, you catch it and we hop over the fence. Okay?" He said.

"I got it." Y/N nodded.

Benny walked slowly towards the Beast, he growled making him step back a bit, he cracked his fingers, ran to take the ball, started to run away, "Catch it!" He yelled to Y/N throwing the ball, Y/N catched it and the two hopped over the fence making everyone cheer on them but that didn't last for long seeing the Beast jump over it too growling.

"Oh sh*t!" Benny yelled, "Let's go. Come on!" He said taking Y/N's arm, the two started to run away from the Beast.

"No! Y/N, don't leave us!" Ashley said.

"Ash, you're being a little bit too dramatic. She'll make it." Giselle said.

"You're acting like she's gonna die." Mariana and Sophia said.

"Well she is if she doesn't make it!" Ashley said.

"Benny too!" Bertram yelled.

"And Benny too. Of course." She said side eyeing Bertram.

Benny bumped into a cyclist and jumped on the top of a car, "Benny!" Y/N yelled, "I'm fine!" He said back. Benny was trying to push things on the way of the Beast trying to make him avoid him. He opened the door into the movies, "Ladies first." He said letting Y/N going first, at his turn, he entered in the building and closed the door. The Beast broke in by the window, the rest of the sandlot boys and the Incredible Beasts ( 😨 ) tried to follow Y/N and Benny and started to run following them. They entered to the cinema and the Beast went over the projector paper making everyone panic and scream. Benny climbed over the table while the dog was chasing him. They all went into the Father's founding day party, "Excuse me! Sorry everyone!" Y/N apologized. Benny went over the table while the Beast was chasing him with people screaming in shock of what they just witnessed. Keeping up with the two they all jumped over the table and continued their run.

Ham and Timmy took a piece of the bakeries and ran away. They set the cake on the floor, the clown suddenly fell on the table making it crack, the cake flipping going all over the bakers.

They ran into the pool, people were screaming in terror of the presence of the dog, Philips waved at Y/N making her wave back out of reflexes when Benny pushed her to go fowards not to get distracted. They all ran the opposite way of Benny and Y/N to the sandlot, everyone was pretty tired of all the running.

"Here they are!" Scotty yelled pointing them.

"Benny hurry!" Y/N said.

The dog scratched Benny's jacket, Y/N was more in advance so she pushed Benny so he could go more in front of her so she tried to by distracting the Beast. They hopped in the fence one again but Benny fell, "Benny!" Y/N yelled helping him get up. Suddenly the fence fell over the dog.

Scotty walked over the fence and tried to raise it up, "Come on, guys! Help me! Y/N, Benny, help me! He's hurt." Scotty said. Y/N and Benny went to help Scotty and threw the ball to Ham. "Keep it safe." Y/N said to Ham. They went on their knees raising the fence up and letting it go.

"He's so cute!" Y/N mumbled.

The "Beast" licked Scotty's face and jumped on Y/N, "Y/N!" Benny yelled.

"I'm fine!" She said, "He's so cute!" She squealed.

"Oh well at least you're not dead! I knew it you were gonna make it out alive." Ashley said with everyone giving her a "be for real" look.

"What?!" She asked confused.

They all followed the dog and he had a place with tons of baseballs, "Now we can play forever." Benny smiled.

They all knocked to a door, "Hello?" The man asked.

"We're here, ya blind?" Danielle asked.

"Danielle!" Y/N scolded her friend.

a/n : danielle, about that!...

"This is bad. This is very bad." Squints said.

"Uhm.. Well.. We.." Scotty stuttered.

"Well what happened is that we got a baseball into your yard, we're trying to get it back." Benny explained.

"So you're the one who's been making all that noise." He said.

"Yes sir." Scotty nodded.

"Get it." The man said.

"Y-yeah." Scotty stuttered giving it to him.

All of them suddenly started to hit Squints, "We got the ball back, didn't we?" Squints said.

"Dude, we almost got killed!" Ham yelled back.

"But we got the ball back!" Squints said pushing them.

"We got the ball back!" Squints said one more time making the man laugh.

The man told the three to enter in and they did not like they should enter in a stranger's house though. Anyways, "You're in trouble, aren't you son?" He asked.

"Yeah, well, that was my step dad's ball. I took it without asking, it was signed by Babe Ruth." He explained.

The man started to explain something to him making Scotty confused, he took something out of his belongings, "Here. I'll change it." He said.

"That's really nice of you, but that ball really is, signed by Babe Ruth." Benny said.

"Yeah." Y/N said in agreement.

He gave them the ball, they were shocked of why he'd did that, Scotty looked at his belongings, "You knew Babe Ruth?" Scotty asked shocked.

"No way!" Y/N said in shock.

"Baseball was life." He said.

"I don't think we can't take this ball." Benny said.

"You guys come by once a week and talk baseball with me, we could even trade." He said.

The three looked at each other and nodded, "Deal." Scotty said shaking his hand.

They all went out of the man's house, "I get it now!" Y/N said, "The Beast, wasn't trying to harm us! I think the guy we saw was blind and that's his service dog so that's why he's in his backyard to protect his area from strangers." Y/N explained.

"That's actually pretty logic." Benny said, "Yeah." Scotty said in agreement nodding.

ON SCOTTY'S SIDE

Scotty wrapped in a tissue a baseball and gave it to his step-dad, "Wow." He said. Scotty gave it to him as an apology for taking his ball without permission. Scotty and his dad worked out a lot together and had fun, sometimes he would play ball with him, his mom was very happy they got along and they all had fun.

AT THE SANDLOT

"Hey Y/N." Benny said.

"Hey." Y/N said back.

"I have something to tell you.." Benny said turning to the boys cheering him on and chanting "Say it!"

"What is it?" Y/N said having her heart beat faster.

"I like you." He said scratching his neck embarrassed, "I hope we can still be friends if you don't like me back-"

"No.. No.. I actually like you too." She said.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah." Y/N nodded.

"So.. May I be your boyfriend?" He asked.

"Of course!" Y/N smiled making Benny give her a kiss.

"Gross!" The boys said.

"I knew it! I knew it! Get that Danielle!" Ashley said jumping around excited.

The "Beast" wasn't bad after all and the dog would assist to some games, I keep being touched with all of them after these years but I found out that Yeah-Yeah's parent sent him to military school. After the army, he became a planning developer for bungee jumping because I think we all know why. Bertram well, Bertram got into the 60s. But no one really saw him again. Timmy and Tommy became architects in a contract, they started out small designing play grounds equipment and pre-fabricating tree houses. But they became multimillionaires after making mini malls.

a/n : THEY GETTING THAT BAGG 💰💰💸💸💵💵💶💶💶💷💷💴🤑🤑🤑🤑💲💲💲💲

Squints grew up and married Wendy Peffercorn, they have nine kids, they bought Vincent's Drugstore who is still on to this day. Hamilton Porter became a professional wrestler, you know him as the great Ham-Bam. Denunez played triple ball but he never got to the main. He got his own business and coaches a little team with his son playing on it called The Heaters. Luckily he lived to 199 years old, in doggy years..

a/n : NOOOOO MY POOKIE KENNY DIDNT EVEN HIT 50 YEARS OLD IM GONNA CRY LETS JUST PRETEND HE LIVED LONG OKAY LETS JUST IGNORE WHAT HE SAID AND HE DIDNT DIE OKAY YALL HE LIVED HAPPY AND ALL???

I was the last one to live left, but when I did, the sandlot was still there, after Y/N and Benny pickled the Beast, they got married later and got known as Y/N 'The Hunter' for attempting to hunt The Beast and Benny 'The Jet' Rodriguez and the nicknames got stuck with them with the rest of their lives. Benny became a professional baseball player and Y/N became an interpreter translator.

a/n : adult y/n speaking ⬇️

Anyway, for the rest of my friends here's what happened : Danielle became an activist who does protestations for the rights of unprivileged countries and has donated to many charities all over the world. As she should! It fits her so much. Mariana and Sophia became models. After they retired, they made a luxury clothing store who became in Timmy and Tommy's mini malls. Aaliyah became an astronaut for the NASA and studied the sciences of space later on after her career of astronaut. Amelia became a journalist to a known TV channel that all of us watch. After quitting her job, she opened a bakery who was the most famous in town. Us, "The Incredible Beasts" and the sandlot boys go here for reunions.

Let's continue : Giselle moved in and became a teacher at Harvard for marketing studies. After years of teaching, she came back in town after being a teacher she worked as for the marketing of Mariana and Sophia which made the store worldwide and made them pretty rich. Ashley became a therapist especially experimented in love problems, she helps people here with their life problems. For Isabella, she became a Librarian to the "biggest library in the world".

"Go Benny!" Y/N said clapping happily.

"Another win for Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez!" Scotty said turning towards Y/N making her nod.

We smiled at him from the window and he smiled at us back.

THE END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 2K 15
{Benny x Reader} Y/n just moved back to her hometown with her new stepbrother Scotty Smalls. He goes and plays baseball with the sandlot boys and the...
8.6K 67 26
(I know it's in 1962 but she's gonna have a Walkman cause I need her too) Y/n Peters has known Scotty Smalls since she was in second grade, she's old...
35.9K 1.1K 14
- BENNY RODRIGUEZ. the story of how the sandlot's best outfielder got her nickname. [ THE SANDLOT ] [ SWEARING IS FREQUENT ] [RIGHTS:] - THE ONLY CH...
123K 1.5K 23
"How do I catch it?" Smalls asked "Just stand there, and stick your glove, out in the air" Jess said, pointing to the sky "I'll take care of it" she...