Love & War | S.Rogers

By raynelbabe

โWE'RE GONNA BE TIMELESS.โž In which the Goddess of Love and War finds some of that love she's been busy s... More

๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ
๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ด
๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต ๐˜ช๏ผŽ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ณ
001. ๐˜ซ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ
002. 1943 ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ
003. ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ
004. ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ
005. ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ด๐˜ฌ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ
007. ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ
๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ช๏ผŽ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ
008. ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ
009. ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ
010. ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜บ
011. ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ด
๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ช๐˜ช๏ผŽ ๐˜ข๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ
012. ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต
013. ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘š๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘‘
014. ๐‘๐‘–๐‘˜๐‘–๐‘›๐‘–๐‘ 
015. ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘œ๐‘“๐‘“ ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘‘

006. ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ

743 41 4
By raynelbabe

By the time Steve, Freya, Bucky, and the rest of the men they saved marched back into camp, it had been a little over a week.

While they managed to bring back a few of Hydra's tanks, most of them had to walk since unfortunately for Freya, none of them could fly.

While she was more than happy about all the lives they saved, all she could think about was her own personal failure. Of how she had Schmidt, right there in her hands but let him go.

She had been on Midgard for a few months now and still was no closer to the tesseract than she first was. Standing off to the side, she watched as the men at the base cheered seeing their fellow soldiers return.

"Some of these men need medical attention," Steve said as Colonel Philips walked up to him. "I'd like to surrender myself for disciplinary action."

"That won't be necessary," Philips told him.

"Hey! Let's hear it for Captain America!" Bucky shouted. Freya watched with a sad smile as everyone cheered and clapped. It was praise that Steve deserved and she was proud of him for it.

It didn't change the fact that she still believed herself to be a failure in her own right.

Steve smiled at the praise but looked around for the one person he wanted to share it with. Seeing Freya walking off into the trees surrounding the camp, he quickly excused himself and followed after her.

Finding her slumped against a tree, her eyes closed and a distressed look on her face, he approached her slowly.

"You know, for someone who just helped save hundreds of lives, you don't seem very happy," he said.

Freya opened her eyes, forcing a small smile on her face. "I'm more than happy that they're all okay. You should be out there celebrating. This was a huge victory for you" she told him.

"It was for you too. I couldn't have gotten them all out without your help" he said.

"I know. But-"

"The Tesseract. I know. But we found him once, we can find him again" Steve told her.

"Will we? Steve, I know that it seems like we're fighting the same battles but we're fighting a different war. And while it's imperative that you win, defeat Hydra. I need to get the tesseract off this planet or all the good you doing here will be for nothing" she sighed.

"I know. I know" he said, walking closer. "But you don't have to do that alone. I can help you. I want to help you."

"I don't want you to get hurt because of me," she told him, thinking back to her last battle in Hel and how horribly it ended.

"I won't. You don't have to worry about me" he told her.

Freya closed her eyes. Wishing his words were true. That she didn't have to worry about him or anyone else. But she did. She always did. That was her job, it was her life.

Whether she was worried about the happiness of others as she spread love throughout the nine realms, or worried about the people she was leading into battle she was always worried.

As all the thoughts swirled through her hair, she could feel the tears falling down her cheeks.

"Hey, you don't have to...are you..." Steve stuttered over his words as the liquid gold dripped down her face in place of the tears he was used to.

Freya opened her eyes and let out a small laugh. "Crying gold?" she asked with a sniffle. "Yeah. I've kinda...always done that."

Steve couldn't help himself as he used his thumb to wipe away one of the golden tears. "You're so beautiful" he whispered, cheeks turning red as he realized he had voiced his thoughts out loud.

But Freya smiled as she looked up at him.

"You're only saying that because you found out I cry gold" she teased and Steve let out a small huff of laughter.

"No, I'm not. I promise" he said, one of his hands still cradling her face.

"Thank you," she said, her voice low and soft. "I think you're beautiful too."

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

Pointing at a map, Steve shared the location of the other Hydra bases, able to remember their locations based on a glance at a map he saw when rescuing Bucky.

"The fifth one was here in Polan, right near the Baltic. And the sixth one was about here, 30, 40 miles west of the Maginot Line" Steve said before another soldier took the map from him.

Looking around, Steve realized people were impressed with the amount of detail he was able to remember.

"I just got a quick look," he said.

"Well, nobodies perfect" Agent Carter mumbled.

Walking over to a different map, Steve gestured to the different flags that were placed around.

"These are the weapon factories we know about. Sergeant Barnes said that Hydra shipped all the parts to another facility that isn't on this map" he said.

"Agent Carter, coordinate with MI6. I want every Allied eyeball looking for that main Hydra base" Colonel Philips said.

"I know I've already told you this but it's more important now than ever that you allow me to work with you to find it. Now that Schmidt is making these enhanced weapons it's only a matter of time before things go from bad to worse" Freya said.

"Fine," Philips said. "You'll assist Rogers. Think you two can manage to wipe Hydra off this map?"

"Yes, sir. We'll need a team" Steve told him.

"We're already putting together the best men," Philips said.

"With all due respect sir, so am I."

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"See, I told you. They're all idiots" Bucky laughed. Sitting in a bar in London, Steve was able to round up a few of the men he helped save to join his team in fighting Hydra.

"How about you? You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?" Steve asked him.

"Hell, no. That little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him" Bucky said. "But you're keeping the outfit, right?"

Steve looked at him, rolling his eyes. "You know what? It's kind of growing on me."

Hearing the music stop and the chatter die down, Steve and Bucky peered out behind the bar to see what was going on.

They were both shocked to Freya walk in, wearing a long flowy green dress with gold accents.

"Hi," she smiled walking over to Steve and Bucky, ignoring the stares of everyone else in the bar.

"Hi," Steve smiled as he stood up to greet her. Looking around, it was only then that Freya noticed how different her attire was from the other women at the bar.

"I didn't realize how overdressed I was," she said, slightly embarrassed.

"You look great," Steve told her as a smile overtook Freya's face before she quickly shook her head.

"Um, Howard sent me. He said he had some new equipment for you to try tomorrow morning" she told him.

"Sounds good" he nodded.

"So, what are we drinking?" she asked.

"What do you usually drink on Asgard? I bet it's something weird" Bucky said.

"Usually just ale. Why? Do you not have that here?" she asked.

"No, we have it" Steve said, ordering her a pint thinking that'd be enough for her.

But when the bartender placed it in front of her she picked it up, drinking the entire glass before they could drink.

"Not bad," she said, licking her lips. "Should we have another?"

"Amazing" Bucky mumbled, shaking his head.

"Are you sure?" Steve asked.

"You should try what we have on Asgard. I promise you won't even be able to walk after" Freya said.

"I could visit?" Steve asked.

"Well, the Allfather would probably throw a fit but I could get Loki to help me sneak you in," she said.

"I wouldn't want to get you in trouble," he said.

"I think you might be worth it," she said, smiling at him before clearing her throat. "Will you excuse me? I have to run to the restroom."

"I can't believe Steve's finally interested in a girl and she turns out to be a god from another planet" Bucky scoffed.

Steve shook his head, a smile still on his lips. "Maybe she has a friend."

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"What do you think you're doing?" Freya shrieked, seeing Howard and a few other scientists analyzing a spec brought back from one of the Hydra weapons she and Steve said.

"I needed to get a better look. Its emission signature is unusual" Howard told her.

"Maybe that's because it's not of this realm and you should be careful," she told him.

"Seems harmless enough," Howard said as he stared at it through a glass case, two robotic hands holding it in place. "Hard to see what all the fuss is about-"

Freya turned her body as the spec exploded, sending glass flying everywhere as Howard and the other scientists were sent flying back.

"Write that down" Howard mumbled.

"I told you to be careful" Freya sighed, reaching out a hand to help him up.

"Yeah, I'll make sure to listen to you next time" he groaned. "Is the uh, Captain here yet?"

"I'm not sure" Freya laughed, watching Howard fix his hair that was now standing straight up. "I'll go find him."

Walking out of the lab, Freya made her way down the hall. Turning a corner she froze, seeing Steve mid-kiss with a secretary who worked at the base.

Clearing her throat, Steve turned and jumped when he saw her standing there.

"Howard is ready for you if you're not already too busy," she said as she turned to walk back to the lab.

"Freya, wait" Steve called out and he jogged up to her.

"I'm very happy for you, Steve. She's very beautiful" Freya said, keeping her gaze straight ahead.

"Freya, that's not what you thought it was," he told her.

"Whatever it was, it wasn't my business. I imagine you're free to kiss whoever you want" she said.

"Well, what about you and Stark? How do I know you two haven't been fondue-ing?" he asked.

Freya stopped as she turned to face him. "I don't even have any clue what that is" she scoffed before walking back into the lab.

Howard looked up as Freya stormed in and walked right past him, occupying herself by looking at some of the things the other scientists were working on.

"What's wrong with her?" he asked Steve as he walked over.

"I asked if you two were...fondue-ing. You know, like what you asked her on the plane" Steve said, like it was obvious.

"Fondue is just cheese and bread," Howard told him.

"Really?" Steve asked, looking over at Freya. "I didn't think..."

"Nor should you, pal. The moment you think you know what's going on in a woman's head is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked. I imagine that's only tenfold for a literal goddess. Me, I concentrate on work, which at the moment is about making sure you and your men do not get killed" Howard said, leading him over to a few designs.

"Carbon polymer. Should withstand your average German bayonet. Although Hydra's not going to attack you with a pocket knife" he said, turning to the shield that came with Steve's uniform. "I hear you're kind of attached."

"It's handier than you might think," Steve told him.

"I took the liberty of coming up with some options," Howard said, showing him the different shield designs. "This one's fun. She's being fitted with electrical relays that allow you to-"

"What about this one?" Steve asked, picking up a simpler round design.

"No, no, that's just a prototype," Howard said, trying to brush him off but Steve was more than interested.

"What's it made of?" he asked.

"Vibranium. It's stronger than steel and a third the weight. It's completely vibration absorbent" Howard told him.

"How come it's not standard issue?" Steve asked.

"That's the rarest metal on Earth. What you're holding there, that's all we've got" Howard said.

Looking over at Freya, Steve called her over. "What do you think?"

Freya looked up and walked over, still frustrated by his accusations of her and Howard fondue-ing.

With a smirk she pulled out her sword, only holding back a bit as she charged at him. Slashing at every angle while Steve used the shield to defend himself.

Stepping back, Freya resheathed her sword and nodded.

"It's not bad," she said, before leaving the lab.

Staring at her as she walked out, Howard and Steve stood there in awe. "I had some ideas about the uniform," Steve said, handing Howard a small paper.

"Whatever you want, pal," Howard said, his eyes never leaving Freya as she walked away.

if you've read these chapters before they were edited, the next chapter is where the plot really changes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.8K 736 41
"You made it hero! I knew you could do it! You never lost hope" " I'll always be here for you no matter what happens!" .....IN WHICH she helps him fi...
95.6K 4.7K 75
"You're a good girl, you couldn't break my heart even if you wanted to." DISCLAIMER!! This story does not follow any specific timeline in the MCU, ev...
6.5K 312 27
[complete!] "๐•๐„๐๐ˆ, ๐•๐ˆ๐ƒ๐ˆ, ๐€๐Œ๐€๐•๐ˆ" (latin) ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ฃ๐™จ๐™ก๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ: I came, I saw, I loved Rebecca Cooper had never fallen in love before...
62.3K 2.9K 29
๐๐Ž๐Œ๐๐’๐‡๐„๐‹๐‹ โ”โ” โœงห–*. | โI'm not the same woman from the '40's.โž | โœงห–*. In which Steve encounters the Goddess of Love and they save each other f...