When the Tide Switches - Rafe...

By svevarossi2

Lillian Bianca Jones and Rafe Cameron have been enemies for as long as they can remember, but when the tide s... More

Prologue
๐ŸซถCHARACTERS๐Ÿซถ
Playlist๐Ÿซถ
Chapter 1- The Boneyard
Chapter 2- Homeboy Likes You
Chapter 3- Thorton Playboy
Chapter 4- Big Revelations
Chapter 5- Mind Games
Chapter 6- For What It's Worth
Chapter 7- My Person
Chapter 8- Heavenly Looks
Chapter 9- Apologies & Discoveries
Chapter 10- He Missed It
Chapter 11- Damage Control
Chapter 12- Dead Past
Chapter 13- Cozy Future
Chapter 14- Revealing Comforts
Chapter 15- A Big Secret
Chapter 16- Stupid Dare
Chapter 17- Meaningful Words
Chapter 18- Love Bomb
Chapter 19- What A Night
Chapter 20- Tough Day
Chapter 21- Party Hustle
Chapter 22- Throwing Up The Past
Chapter 24- Police Sirens
Chapter 25- The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 26- Open Mouth
Chapter 27- Anger & Panic
Chapter 28- He Did It
Chapter 29- Finally Together
Face-Claim
Chapter 30- Back To Real Life
Chapter 31- Clubbing on the Mainland
Chapter 32- Altruism or Selfishness?
Chapter 33- What The Fuck
Little Update
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 1)
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 2)
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 3)
Editing
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 4)
Chapter 35- Unmerited Favours
Chapter 36- Harmful Memories
Chapter 37- Used To Saying It
Update
Chapter 38- The Monster's Gone

Chapter 23- Celebration of Love

513 8 3
By svevarossi2

A week had passed since the party and everything was going much better. 

No more messages, no more panic attacks, just fun. 

I had gone on a date with Rafe, hung out with the pogues and with Topper, and had a sleepover with Sarah and Kie. Everything was great. I thought the messages were simply pranks made by someone who felt like slut shaming a girl. 

Today was the day of my parent's anniversary. They were celebrating 20 years together. Every year for their anniversary they would host a big party. Everyone in the OBX knew about it, mainly because we were the most influential family (With the Camerons). 

As to be expected every kook was invited, and none of the pogues were. It was a huge event, and surprisingly it was actually made to celebrate their love and not only for business. That's why I always looked forward to it. My parents were the best and I loved them a lot. 

"Ethan?" I yelled for my little brother from my room. "Are you ready?" I asked and he came into my room. He looked a little bit stressed and that worried me a little. I am very protective of my little brother, he has just turned 13 so he isn't very young but regardless I see him as a little kid who can't defend himself. 

We have a very nice bond which makes me so happy, I've seen Sarah's bond with Rafe fade away as we grew up and while they still loved each other, it wasn't the same. 

"I can't tie my tie," he says pointing at the untied tie around his neck. I chuckled and came over to him. "You need to learn how to do these Ian," I said as I tied his tie up. "I know," he said with a chuckle. "You look pretty," he said to me and I smiled. "Why thank you," I said. I was proud of him, he was so polite and kind, yet he was also really funny and extroverted. 

He was a nice kid. I gave him a hug and reminded him of a few things. "Remember no arguing with anyone, always say thank you and please to waiters, and just be yourself," I said to him and he nodded rolling his eyes a little. 

He was always kind of afraid of ruining these events for our parents by doing something stupid on impulse, which is why I reminded him. 

He left my room and I looked at myself in the mirror, I was all ready. I was wearing a really pretty lilac dress. It had thin straps that lifted a corset-type top which was pretty revealing. It had a pretty puffy skirt. The bottom hems were ruffled and the dress reached the floor. I paired it with heels of the same tone of lilac. For jewelry I just kept the necklace Rafe gave me and the promise ring, I also added a few gold bracelets. I wore a lilac clutch with gold details. I blew out my hair and I did my fancy makeup routine. It consisted of concealer, blush, eyeliner, highlighter, mascara, and lip gloss and then I added some lilac eyeshadow. Everything turned out really good and even though I felt a little extra I knew I was dressed to the occasion. 

(Lillian's Outfit) 

I texted Kie, Sarah, Topper, and Rafe and asked when they were arriving. I felt really bad about not inviting Jj, John B, and Pope but my parents forbid me from doing so, the pogues knew of the party and understood the circumstances. 

I left my room and met my parents downstairs. We hosted the party at the country club because they were used to planning those events. 

"Oh Lillian you look gorgeous sweetheart," my mom said as she saw me. 

"Thank you, Mom, you look so beautiful as well I love you," I said, she smiled at me. "I love you too honey," 

My dad arrived downstairs and I could see the way he looked at my mom. As to be expected by a married couple, they were really in love, when I get married I want to have what they have. Hopefully with the boy whom I loved more than anyone at the moment, Rafe. 

"Oh my god, you look so beautiful," my dad said to my mom and they kissed making my brother pretend to gag and me smile. I was a hopeless romantic, any moment I saw a happy couple my heart melted. 

"You look beautiful Lil, and you look very handsome Ethan," my dad said to us as he pulled away from my mom and we both thanked him with a nod. 

"Let's go," my dad said and we followed him and my mom to the car. We drove to the country club and as we saw all the decorations my mom and dad were stunned. 

Ethan and I met up with the Country Club Event Planner and planned the event as we have been doing for a few years. That was always our gift to them. This year we went all out, balloon arches, their initials engraved on any merchandising for the guest and so many more details. 

My mom was wearing a beige dress and my dad a beige suit and the color theme of the event was beige and white so that they would match with the decorations. This day had to be perfect, it meant a lot to them. 

Shortly after guests started arriving and everything was going smoothly. 

The Camerons arrived and I finally got to see Rafe. He was wearing a suit that looked really charming on him. He looked at me, first at my eyes then down to my body, I saw his eyes flickering at my sight and I got butterflies. 

He quickly excused himself from the small talk his family was having with one another and walked over to me. He picked me up and turned me around by the waist. We kissed pretty quickly because there were many people and then we just looked at each other.

"You look," Rafe said while looking at me trying to express how he felt, "So beautiful," he said while looking deeply into my green eyes. 

"I love you," I said to him and he smiled. "I love you more," 

"May I escort you to your seat sir?" I said to him with a British accent and he looked at me funny. "You may?" he said with a doubtful tone which made me giggle. I showed the table that was arranged for me, him, Sarah, Kie, and Topper, and he sat down. 

I stood up to greet the Camerons, the Carreras, and the Thortons and he grabbed my waist and sat me down on his lap. "Rafe," I giggled. "After we are done with this event, you're coming with me yeah?" Rafe said to me, it wasn't a question, more like a fact. I nodded and we both stood up to greet the other families. 

"Lil," Sarah yelled so that I would see her through the crowd. "Hi," I squealed. "You look so pretty Lil," She said while we hugged. "So do you," I said looking at her, she really did. She was wearing a very pretty yellow dress that fit her really nicely. 

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Cameron," I said to Ward and Rose and they smiled. 

"Oh please call us Ward and Rose kiddo," Ward said and I fake smiled at him. I hated that man with all my heart for what he constantly did to Rafe. 

"You look very pretty Lil," Rose said and I smiled at her. "Thank you, you also look gorgeous," I said to Rose and she smiled warmly. The Camerons sat down at their table with my parents and I looked for the Thortons to find Topper. "Top," I said when I saw him speaking to someone. He excused himself and came over to me. "Lil," he said and hugged me tight. "You look pretty," Topper said and I smiled. "Thanks, you also look nice. I'll show you your table," I said and dragged him to the table where Sarah and Rafe already were. 

"Sit down, I'll find Kie and come back," I said. Sarah stood up and told us she would come with me. We found Kiara and finally sat down enjoying the dinner and the things that were planned in the event. Soon enough most of the courses were served and it was getting dark. 

Rafe's hand was positioned high on my thigh throughout the whole dinner. He kept massaging my inner thighs  through my dress's skirt giving me almost chills. 

"I think it's time for speeches!" The announcer said into the microphone making me get back to real life. I stood up and headed towards the stage ready to give my pre-planned speech. 

"Hello everyone, for those who don't know I'm Lillian Jones, the eldest daughter of the couple that we're celebrating. We are all here to celebrate love, the force that keeps two people together no matter what happens. I think that true love platonic or romantic means sticking to each other at any point in each other's life. A high or a low, a happy moment or a sad one, a dark time or a bright time. When someone you love is in a dark tunnel that doesn't seem to end never forget that what will get them out is knowing that you're still there. That you didn't run away, scared that the darkness will get to you, that instead you dove into their tunnel and showed them that you still love them. Love is a force, a magnetic one, it pulls people together no matter how far they can be. Love has no barriers, no matter where you come from, or how much money you have love will always pull people together, like a string, each end is held on by a person, tangled around the world with obstacles and dead ends, somehow it will always bring you to the right person. My family was blessed with true love, that love was sealed twenty years ago on this very day. Simon and Laura demonstrated that even when things got tough and the darkness seemed to take over, their love was stronger and unbreakable. So make sure to stick by the ones you love, cherish their presence next to you, and treat your love as a blooming flower. Love needs care and attention and then it will be so beautiful. Now let's raise a toast to Simon and Laura, whose love is, never-ending." I said and I could see some people tearing up in the room, especially my parents. 

The whole time I was talking Rafe was looking at me with a look. It was sort of indescribable, it was full of love and care. Just looking at him in the crowd made me want to run to him and kiss him until I had no more air in my lungs. All this talk about love made me think of the love that Rafe and I had, I wasn't letting go of it. Never. 

Everyone raised their glass and toasted my parents. 

"Now may I invite you to take the hand of someone whom you love, platonically or romantically, and make your way to the dance floor," I said and stepped off the stage. 'All Of Me' by John Legend started playing and everyone stood up and went to the dance floor. 

Rafe walked to me and smiled. "May I have this dance m' lady?" he said and I nodded giggling. He delicately grabbed my hand and dragged me to the dance floor. I positioned both of my hands around his neck and intertwined them behind it. He put his arms around my waist and let them hang on my lower back. 

We danced to the music like all the other people on the dance floor. Our bodies were close enough for us to inhale each other's scent. Our eyes locked and we just enjoyed each other's presence. He was holding me softly yet so tight, he wasn't letting go, he looked at me with love in his eyes and so did I. He looked down to my neck and saw the necklace he gave me hanging on my chest. 

He smiled at the sight and twirled me around to the music making my dress spin around. When we got back to the original position he pulled me closer to him and whispered 

"I promise to love you forever, never forget that. I love you so much Lillian Bianca Jones," in my ear. That sentence was just another reminder of how much he mattered to me, hearing him say that sent my heart a feeling that I've never felt before. One of happiness and the deepest love. 

"I love you more Rafael Cameron," I said and he smiled at that. 

"I'm going to forgive you for saying my real name if you kiss me right now," he said teasingly and I chuckled at him. "Yeah?" I said with a soft teasing tone and he nodded like a little kid. 

Our lips made their way to one another in a soft yet passionate kiss. He held me closer making my lips even more intertwined with his and soon tongue was involved as well. The feeling of his lips on mine is one I never want to end. 

Notes from the Author:

Hi!!!! Thank you for reading!!

I apologize if this chapter is a little boring but once again I have to set things up and don't want to rush the book!! I felt like this chapter is really cute and romantic and it was fun to write even though it made me feel REALLY single. 

More  interesting things will happen in the next chapter and even more in the one after that so be ready!!!! 

Please vote and comment if you want to!! 

I love you all so much!! X! 

*Dms are always open if you need someone to talk to about ANYTHING so just know that❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 24 18
kaylin parker was born a kook, but lost everything after her mother passed away. now she lives on the cut, and is best friends with the pouges. will...
1M 13.1K 80
๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ, ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ...
44.2K 323 42
๐ˆ๐’๐‹๐€ ๐Œ๐€๐ƒ๐ˆ๐’๐Ž๐ | moved beside the Camerons after her father, Mark Madison had became business partners with Ward Cameron. Isla, the oldest c...
29.1K 407 38
Rafe Cameron is a kook. A well known one too. Y/n Y/l/n is a pouge. A well known one too. Y/n hates kooks and Rafe hates pouges. But could things cha...