Collide

Av liyahthewriter

Cherie is an 18-year-old freshman and Jeremiah is a 21-year-old senior. They both attend the infamous HBCU FA... Mer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chaper 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 5

2.5K 119 10
Av liyahthewriter

Omniscient

Cherie sat down at the dinner table with her family sharing a good home cooked meal prepared by her mother. She was home for the weekend visiting. She had only been away at school for a month and she'd already gotten home sick.

"How's school been?" Cherie's father questioned.

"It's been good."

"Have you met any boys yet?" Her mother questioned.

"Mom." Cherie chuckled.

"What? I just want to know."

"I've met a male friend, he's not my boyfriend or anything but we hang out sometimes. He's Kristen's boyfriend's roommate."

"Do you have a picture?" Cameron chuckled at her mom.

"Mom she said it's her friend why do you need to see a picture of him?" Cameron questioned her mother with an amused smirk on her face.

"I just want to see."

Cherie went to Jeremiah's Instagram page, that she was now following and clicked on a photo. She passed the phone to her mother.

"Oh he's cute." Her mother swiped through all of the photos from the post then gave Cherie her phone back.

"He is isn't he?" Cameron agreed, she'd said the same thing when she first saw a photo of him.

"Have you made anymore friends so far?" Cherie's mother questioned.

"Not really, I usually just hangout with Kristen, Trey, and Jeremiah."

"Well that's good that you have a  group of friends. I remember when your sister first went to college, she called us crying the first night." Cherie's mother laughed as she reminisced. Cherie and her father joined in on the laughter.

"I wanted to come home so bad and dad said no." Cameron laughed.

"You were all the way in Georgia, I was not driving back down there." Their dad spoke. Cameron had attended Clark University where she'd gotten her BS in early childhood education.

"Yeah, you made that very clear." Cameron chuckled.

Once they finished having dinner, Cherie left with Cameron. Tonight, she was spending the night with her sister. They were going to have a movie night, like they used to do all the time when they were smaller.

When they arrived at Cameron's luxury gated apartment complex, Cherie dropped her things off in the guest bedroom then headed back into the living room with Cameron. Cherie took a seat beside her on the couch.

"So what are we watching?" Cherie questioned, grabbing the remote.

"Do you want to watch 50 Shades of Gray? I've never finished it."

"You've never finished it?" Cherie questioned, shocked. The movie had been out for years, she'd watched all three of them.

"No, I always get bored." Cameron admitted.

"I don't see how that's possible but okay."

"Let me find out you're into that kinky shit." Cherie laughed.

"The most I would probably do is let someone blind fold me and maybe handcuff me."

"Oh God, my little sister is a freak." Cherie rolled her eyes.

"Well actually now that I think about it, I don't know about the whole handcuffing thing. But blindfolding yes."

"Oh wow."

"You wouldn't let someone blind fold you?"

"I don't know honestly."

"Mhm."

"Wait you're still a virgin, right?"

"Yes." Cameron let out a sigh of relief.

"Okay good."

"You know you would be the first one to know if I lost it."

"I'm pretty sure, but I just wanted to make sure."

"What if I wasn't a virgin for real though?"

"I mean, I wouldn't be mad or anything. I would probably just be in shock. Even though we don't have a big age gap you're still like my baby." Cherie smiled at her sister.

Cherie and her sister had always had a good bond. Even when they were little, they didn't fight like most sisters. When Cameron would go out with her friends sometimes she allowed Cherie to tag along. She never felt like her sister was a bother to her, she loved her company and her friends did as well.

"Aw." Cherie leaned over, giving her sister a kiss on the cheek.

"Girl don't be kissing my face, I don't know if you be kissing those little boys at school." Cherie rolled her eyes.

"I have not kissed anyone at school."

"Mhm." Cameron gave her sister the side eye.

"Don't look at me like that." Cherie laughed.

"I'm just playing." Cameron laughed, picking up the remote. "Do you want to watch Mean Girls? I haven't seen it in a while."

"Yeah, let me go change clothes."

"I'll pop some popcorn while you're gone."

"Okay." Cherie headed into the guest bedroom to change into some pajamas.

...

Cherie stood in the kitchen fixing Sunday dinner. It was evening time, and she was back at her apartment. She had left home earlier that morning and had gotten back by that afternoon.

Tonight, for dinner, she was fixing some cheeseburger flavored hamburger helper with a green salad and some garlic bread. She wanted something quick and easy. Her phone buzzed indicating she had a text. She grabbed it, looking at the text Trey had sent in the group chat with her, Kristen, and Jeremiah.

"Ya'll want to go out to eat?"

"Sure."

"Cherie?" Trey questioned.

"I'm cooking, ya'll can come through if ya'll want."

"What you cooking?" Kristen questioned.

"Fuck that, the real question is can you cook?" Trey questioned.

"LMAOOOO." Jeremiah laughed at Trey's text.

"I cooked some hamburger helper and yes I can cook Trey🙄."

"I guess me and Trey will slide through." Jeremiah replied.

"I'll be there too."  Kristen replied.

"Alright, I'm cooking now so everything should be done in about twenty minutes."

"Bet." Trey replied.

Fifteen minutes later, there was a knock at the door. Cherie went to the door opening it, revealing Trey and Jeremiah.

"Hey." Cherie spoke. Trey and Jeremiah spoke back, stepping inside of the house. Cherie closed and locked the door before going back inside of the kitchen.

Jeremiah took a seat on the couch while Trey followed Cherie into the kitchen. Cherie and Jeremiah both laughed as Trey peaked over into the pot.

"The hamburger helper looks good, hopefully it tastes as good as it looks." Cherie rolled her eyes playfully.

"Hamburger helper is not hard to cook."

"It's not but you can still mess it up."

"Well, I didn't."

"I'll be the judge of that." Trey made his way back into the living room.

A few minutes later, Kristen showed up with some drinks and some strawberry cupcakes from Edgars. She was a person that liked sweets after she ate.

"Since everyone is here, ya'll can come fix ya'll plates."

"Ain't gotta tell me twice." Jeremiah was the first one up.

When everyone fixed their plates, they sat at the island bar and ate.

"For somebody who had so much to say, you sure are fucking that food up." Cherie joked.

"Right." Kristen laughed.

"I'm just hungry that's all."

"So it's not good?" Cherie questioned.

"It's ight, you could've put a little more milk in there." He smirked.

"Oh whatever." Cherie laughed.

"It's good, he's just messing with you." Jeremiah spoke.

"Thanks, I know."

When they were finished eating, Kristen helped Cherie wash the dishes. There were no leftovers since Cherie had only fixed one box of hamburger helper. After washing the dishes, they joined the boys in the living room.

"Hey Cherie, did you put some extra cheese in that hamburger helper?" Trey questioned, his stomach was rumbling.

"Yeah, why?"

"He's lactose intolerant." Jeremiah chuckled as he played 2K.

"Oh my gosh, I didn't know."

"Man, I gotta go to the bathroom." Trey stood up. "Where's the bathroom?"

"You're not blowing up my bathroom; you better go back home." Trey sucked his teeth.

"Seriously?"

"Bae you literally live a few doors down." Kristen jumped in.

"Man, come with me so you can keep me company."

"You're literally about to take a dump."

"Don't act brand new, you know I shit with the door open and talk to you."

"Oh my gosh." Cherie laughed.

"You did not have to say that." Kristen grabbed her purse off the sofa.

"We'll see you later, we're probably not coming back."

"Okay."

"Thanks for the food." Kristen thanked Cherie.

"Yeah, thanks." Trey cosigned.

"You're welcome."

"Jay, you staying?" Trey questioned.

"Yeah." Jeremiah was playing the game; he wasn't leaving anytime soon.

"Alright, ya'll be good." Cherie rolled her eyes at Kristen.

"Bye." Kristen and Trey left.

Cherie took a seat beside Jeremiah on the couch. "So, what made you want to stay with little ole me?" Cherie questioned. Jeremiah shrugged.

"I just wasn't ready to go."

Truth was, Jeremiah enjoyed Cherie's company. Whenever they were together, they always had a good time. Whether it was just going out to eat or Cherie braiding his hair. They'd only known each other for a month, but he was feeling her. He wasn't about to admit it yet though. If they were going to pursue each other he wanted to be friends first. He noticed that when people started off as friends their relationships were stronger.

A few minutes went by of the two just sitting in silence. Cherie was on her phone and Jeremiah was playing the game. When Cherie got tired of the silence she sat her phone down in her lap.

"So you just stayed so you could play my game?" Cherie questioned playfully.

"Maybe." Jeremiah smirked.

"Well if you're going to stay here, you're going to have to make it worth my while. Get to talking." Cherie was a quiet person, but once she was comfortable around someone, she was a complete chatter box.

Jeremiah chuckled before starting up a conversation. "How was your visit home?"

"It was good, I hung out with my parents and spent the night with my sister."

"You and your sister are pretty close huh?" Cherie talked about her quite a lot.

"Yeah, she was my first best friend." Cherie smiled. "Are you close to your sisters?"

"Yeah, I'm like their third parent since we have such a big age gap."

"How is it having such a big age gap?"

"It's not bad, I got to experience being the only child for majority of my childhood."

"I couldn't imagine being an only child." Cherie loved having a sibling.

"It's straight, my grandparents on my mom's side used to spoil me since I was their only grandchild."

"Only child and only grandchild, yeah I bet you were spoiled."

"A little." Jeremiah downplayed. "How is it having an older sibling?"

"It's amazing, especially if their the same gender as you. You get to go to them for things you aren't comfortable with going to your parents with." Jeremiah nodded.

"I always wanted an older brother."

"Well it's too late for that." Cherie smirked.

"I know that smart ass." Jeremiah returned the smirk. Cherie giggled, pushing her natural curls back.

Jeremiah placed the controller down, placing his full attention on Cherie. "I heard your birthday is coming up next month. What are you doing for it?" Cherie's birthday was October 13, which was only three weeks away.

"I don't know, maybe the club."

"Have you ever been to the club?"

"No." She admitted with a laugh. "But I want to try it."

"Mhm, that should be fun."

"Yeah, you should come." Cherie suggested.

"Bet."

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

94.8K 4.8K 32
Nineteen year old Messiah and eighteen year old Justus meet not knowing how much of an impact they would have on each other lives.
8K 131 19
He never thought Jeremiah would ever love him back. Sure he had his wishful thinking, but his father's words pounded in his head. "No one would ever...
Boogie Down Av Sunflower

Allmän skönlitteratur

369K 17.4K 49
Tristen's life is driven, spoken, and drilled into his head by a code. But will Zadie destroy that code?
1.3M 5.9K 8
Cassidy Peters is finishing up her junior year at Howard University along with her 3 best friends Zaniyah, Gabby and Karah. Cassidy has everything sh...