That time I failed as an Auth...

Від elite3532

Elite3532, an individual who can be considered as an icon among the Tensura fandom community failed in accomp... Більше

Prologue: An pitiful end
Chapter 1: A fresh start
Chapter 3: Birthday
Chapter4: Years later
Chapter 5: A year of training
Chapter 6: Partner
Chapter 7: Moving forward
Chapter 8: Departure
Chapter 9: Destined fate
Chapter 10: Academy prelude
Chapter 11: A good first day
Chapter 12: Proving yourself
Chapter 13: Superiority
Chapter 14: String of fate
Chapter 15: Lara Arceid
Chapter 16: Nightmare
Chapter 17: Prelude to disaster
Chapter 18: An early goodbye
Chapter 19: Loss and rebirth
Chapter 20: Arceid's will
Chapter 21: Leap of fate
Chapter 22: New resolution, new era
Chapter 23: 20 Years later
Chapter 24: Cursed by Loneliness
Chapter 25: A request from Elmesia
Chapter 26: Moonlight
Chapter 27: Odd dungeon
Chapter 28: Far away to another continent
Chapter 29: Sorrow and Guilt
Chapter 30: Fated disaster/Moving on
Chapter 31: Conclusion of an Era
Chapter 32: Reaching the Sky
Chapter 33: Ace of God
Chapter 34: Conqueror of Flame, Shizue Izawa
Chapter 35: Prisoner of ourself
Chapter 36: Orc invasion/Trust?
Chapter 37: Lost control
Chapter 38: Author and Character
Chapter 39: Understanding/Hinata vs Rimuru
Chapter 40: Falmuth war
Chapter 41: Demon lord Rimuru/A tale sourcing from the regrets of the past
Chapter 42: Walpurgis Prelude
Chapter 43: Demon lords/Walpurgis
Chapter 44: Demon lords's demise
Character Profile [1]
Chapter 45: False God? Chaos through Ruberios
Chapter 46: End of Crisis
Chapter 47: Hero and Schemes
Chapter 48: The demon lord, the saint and the hunter
Chapter 49: A fruitful evening

Chapter 2: Unexpected early surprise

3.4K 120 136
Від elite3532

3rd Pov

As his birthday party was about to start, Dawn watched closely as the main family part of his father's side entered the mansion.

Making way to them in a royal motion, the maids and servants all aligned while bowing.

As for Dawn and his mother, they were a floor above watching them arrogantly walk...Dawn had a disgusted expression as he for the first time saw the man he was supposed to call father.

Dawn : (Now i'm happy i didn't get too much from him physically...)

A grassy pig taking the form of a human, his arrogant smile and way of walking along that the 3 ugly women that followed him made Dawn have some flashbacks.

The typical noble in anime, one that is destined to die painfully in the most pitiful way after begging for mercy.

The begging that he must have heard from all the people he harmed...

Dawn : (And she must be the heir, huh.)

As he deduced, his father already had an offspring acting as the heir...walking behind the group was a lone girl who inherited her mother's blonde hair and green eyes.

She was around her third year yet walked alone and had an air of maturity.

Dawn : (Oh?)

This intrigued Dawn, someone like that shouldn't exist when they were born and lived around greedy nobles.

Children are often influenced by their parents, even if you don't notice it. They are signs and behaviors that you inherit and naturally assimilate from your parents.

Dawn : (If i am really in a novel, then beside the main cast everyone should be npc but this girl is acting weirdly off...or am i wrong ?)

Until now, he had realized that this world was real and was now his new reality but the thought of being inside Tensura was still there.

All these people, maids and even his mother are living beings but for Tensura novels, they are just npc and wanable characters.

And this was quite proven when Dawn saw how everyone would act...they had emotion and will but no development as if they were destined to live a life of no change.

That was when Dawn realized, everyone is npc...even back in his past world, all follow the cycle of daily life and just live on.

There is no main character as they aren't in a novel properly, rather than that everyone is their own main character...

But for the world, there is none...but among all those characters some are developed...the great man who achieved great things.

That's why Dawn found this girl odd, why would she be different ? Why does she act differently when she should be an npc...

The answer is simple: she isn't one...

Dawn : (Now, what really intrigues me is that there is no mention of the Arceid or Lavane name inside Tensura...)

His logic was why would a developed character not appear in the novel ? The only answer he could form was that she is like him...

Someone who shouldn't be there normally, an anomaly who reincarnated inside Tensura...

Dawn : (That might be just a theory but something tells me I'm right...)

As his eyes carefully followed the girl as she followed their father, she suddenly turned and looked at him...their eyes meeting, gray against green.

It was brief, the matter of a second yet for them it seemed to have been an entire conversation.

As if reading each other instantly...

Dawn Pov

My birthday party starts tomorrow, all the important family guests had already arrived and went on in their room without even greeting me...

I guess for them, I'm just an insignificant son of a lower branch, not like I care, rather I'm happy they don't have interest in me.

Dawn : Ahh family matters...I was never good with it.

It's the same for parties like that. I'm sociable but at the same time hate noisy and loud places with many people.

From what I heard from the maids, there are at least 50 guests in total...they are surely there to establish relations with the Lavane family while estimating me as an individual.

It's the same for father surely, he isn't interested in me...he just came here to solidify his relation with other nobility while keeping his image as a father in front of others.

If i make a good impression, i would manage to earn more attention from the other families...heh, as if i wanted that.

This might be embarrassing for the employees of this mansion and mother but i don't plan on going on with the lazy noble life.

Nobles' attention isn't wanted, I'm going to make sure no one will come back next year.

Dawn : !!!

I suddenly jolted when 3 knocks were heard coming from my door, weird...the maids would have already voiced my name to announce their arrival.

Mother would have immediately entered after knocking, i don't expect to be treated with respect by the other family members...

Maybe...it's her...

I slowly went on to open the door and surely my intuition was right as my half-sister...the heir of the family.

Wait heir...i just thought about it but is she the heir ? Falmuth work with the law where even if the son is born after the daughter, he will take the place as the heir.

I wasn't announced as such mean that there is forcibly a male among his children...why would father come to my birthday with the heir or other children of his...

And now that i rethink about it, he wasn't very close to his daughter...like they weren't walking together as my half-sister was steps behind...

As my train of thought finished, my hand was already pulling the door open...revealing the same blonde girl with green eyes I had seen earlier.

???: It was about time for you to open this damn door.

She smiled cockily before looking past me, it was basically a request for me to let her in and I just did that.

Moving aside for her to pass, I immediately closed the door afterward.

Dawn : What an odd girl, acting all mature when you are still so young.

???: The same for you, well i already expected it when i saw you...reincarnated i suppose.

It seems I was right, she is reincarnated too...

Dawn : It makes things easier to explain now...

Sighing, I leaned on the door and stared at her while she gracefully sat on one of the many chairs I had in my room.

Our eyes met again...I still didn't know her name...

Sola : I'm Sola by the way.

Dawn : Did you just read my mind ?

Sola : Nope.

She smiled brightly...that kind of smile...it basically means yes but don't ask many questions...

Sola : Anyway, excuse my rudeness but how did you get reincarnated ?

Dawn : SO how did I die ? Well I honestly am not sure...

The most probable way is by heart attack or i got killed in my sleep...well the second possibility isn't really realistic like who would even be interested in my life...

Sola : I see, if I tell you the word Tensura, do you understand it ?

My eyes widened slightly, Tensura is a term used by us readers...the character inside the story shouldn't know it.

Main cast or side character, there is no exception...meaning Sola is the same as me, someone from earth where we saw Tensura as a novel/anime and manga.

Dawn : I guess I'm not the only one having read the light novel then.

Sighing to myself, Sola grew a big smile as she jumped up and approached me.

Sola : I'm so glad I'm not alone ! Been 3 years since i got here...you know how boring it was to pretend to be a baby...

Dawn : I can understand that...

We both shared a pity stare before bursting into laughter, I guess it isn't bad to know I'm not alone...

The problem now is the plot, we are two who know the future and can affect the original plot...and potentially there are more people like us.

Surviving inside Tensura is already hard but until now I knew the event I had to avoid but if some people started to mess with the plot...then everything would turn chaotic.

And all my knowledge would be a waste.

Sola : I guess you have the same thought as me...indeed, until now I had met none other reincarnator like us...but possibly one would appear and destroy everything.

Dawn : Again...you did read my mind...

That's dangerous...was there any skill that allow mind reading ? Or is this confirmation that our appearance in Tensura generated a whole new skill ?

Sola : Don't worry, I can't fully read your mind, instead I can see the emotion you transmit and deduce it from there...like you just felt anxious.

Dawn : A unique skill ?

Sola : Yup, the unique skill : Insight !

So there are really new skills...well it's normal i guess since we are now inside Tensura, our existence should also follow the course of reality.

Dawn : What does it do ?

Sola : Hehe, i'll keep it a secret but i have to admit Insight is more on the intellectual side, for fighting it's barely useful.

Dawn : I see...

So a skill more based on management and deduction ? Insight, huh...if I translate the skill literally, it would help her look deeper into details...

Sola : Anyway, I came here to confirm that you're like me, now let's pass to intel time !

Dawn : Intel...time ?

Sola : Naturally, from what I can see you are an ally, plus you're hella smart...I have to admit I wouldn't be able to even deduce you were like me without my insight.

Dawn : I see...then what can you tell me ?

Sola : No no no, before I tell you anything we have to make a deal.

What ? Didn't she just tell me she was going to help ? SO why now the deal is not like i'm against it, like it's fair...

Dawn : What do you want ?

Sola : Well you see, I don't plan on staying on the side in the future...

Dawn : So you want to go out of the plot ?

Sola : No...i want to live a good life here, i have no ambition or goal, i just want to live in peace but as you know it's impossible.

I nodded, that was true and false at the same time, in the future where Rimuru would appear...war and conflict will happen.

But right now we are in Falmuth or at least what seems to be the kingdom who will become Falmuth in the future.

Though again this isn't really a problem as we naturally won't live long enough to see the event of Rimuru.

Dawn : Can I conclude you want to evolve too ? And live long enough to see everyone from the main cast ?

Sola : Yes, naturally as a fan of Tensura.

Dawn : So what does it have to do with me ?

As I asked she shook her head...

Sola : As i said i am not strong enough and my ability doesn't allow me infinite potential...at this rate i fear i might not be able to awaken as a saint in time...

So that's the problem, she doesn't seem the fighter type...that's probably why she gained ability outside fighting usage.

But what about me then ? If ability and skill are given based on our preference before reincarnation...then what would be my skill ?

Sola : But then I saw you ! With my skill I can see your power and gain hope ! So you have to help me !

Dawn : Huh ?

Wait...she can see my skill ? Insight, don't tell me that skill can work like the magical device that can see your skill directly into your soul ?

Dawn : Can you maybe explain ?

Sola : No, first promise me to help me.

Dawn : Tch, very well now tell me what you can see !

I slightly raised my voice which made Sola grin before a chuckle escaped her mouth.

Sola : Hihi, I guess I found my knight, anyway my skill allows me to see everything like a video game.

Dawn : Video game ? Wait, don't me...

Sola : Exactly, one of the sub-skill allows me to see an interface above everything being alive or not.

Dawn : I see, that explains a lot of things...
Sola : What do you mean ?

I didn't respond but instead closed my eyes...i don't know if it was purposely done but now i have the confirmation.

It might just be a weird tic of mine but I had carefully analyzed my room...and by analyzing I mean for example testing the chair to see which one was the most comfy.

Coincidentally she just chose that one despite it being the chair with the oldest less attractive look.

A chair which was in a very bad state...yet she chose it, humans naturally search for luxury so choosing the worst option isn't something you do by instinct.

But then, if you get a skill that gives you the info then Sola must have seen that in reality the most crappy chair was the best one to sit on.

Dawn : Well you have a very useful ability...

Sola : It is useful but the downside is that my physical strength is very low...i can see every stat like a video game and my strength is below the average.

Dawn : You can even see that...

That's broken not gonna lie but i couldn't expect more from a special reincarnator like me.

Dawn : Anyway, can you see my skill ?

Sola : I do, that's why I made a deal in the first place.

This can be hardly considered a deal, she basically has something I need and uses it to her advantage.

If i refuse now, i would have more loss than her...she has the advantage of the situation...

Sola : Anyway first your stats are way above average.

Dawn : Develop please.

Sola : Yeah yeah, a normal 3 years old kid stats are around an overall of 2...yours is already at 1.5. !

So my physical stats are boosted ? That's good, speed is an important factor in the future, if i don't have a body that can support it, then fighting won't even be necessary.

Dawn : So a growth boost skill ?

Sola : No, your skills are apart, it's rather your body has a passive which allows fast growth.

I nodded, this is useful...i didn't train at all yet my stats increased or was it already that high ? I can't know for sure.

Sola : Now passing to your skill, you got 2 of them.

Two skills, huh...i need to keep that number in mind it might help, secretly i hope i am myself an anomaly like Rimuru among the group of reincarnator from a higher reality.

Otherworlder naturally gain one unique skill when summoned but Rimuru gained 2...if Sola only has one and me two.

Then perhaps I am too an anomaly...as a fan of Rimuru, I couldn't help but imaginate this.

Sola : First is the unique skill : Reader, it's a useful ability that allows the user to read any kind of text being secret code or ancient language but also understand them instantly and retain the information forever.

Eh ? Wait, that would mean I don't have a universal language but an alternative to that...this skill sounds kind of dumb and useful only for management and data collection.

But when you think deeper into it, this could mean I could read ancient text including forbidden knowledge.

It's naturally known that in the past, strong and overpowered spells were created but then disappeared with time as humans started to fear them.

Also can I retain them ? So perfect memories...

Overall this skill would help me understand and make plans easier, it seems it works like a passive or at least the language translation.

Sola : And your second skill is weird...but that's why I chose you !

Dawn : Weird ?

Sola : Yup, it has interrogation points so I can't read it at all.

Putting her arm behind her back, she smiled sweetly...the worst is that i could understand her.

Her skill seems to work even on people stronger than her, so if you suddenly saw someone whose skill cannot be seen...mean this person has something that blocks you or that the said skill is too powerful to be seen.

Sola : It's says the unique skill :-

3rd Pov

After their small discussion, Sola left without anyone seeing her...the birthday party will take place in 3 phases.

1. a first banquet presenting the main individual of the day aka Dawn.

2. a dinner with the entire family (There the family members present).

3. The gifts are presented to the birthday holder.

Dawn : All this would normally take 3 days but it seems they made it shorter for me...i guess because i'm just a low member of the family.

Sat in front of his desk, Dawn was planning his next action...he got the information of his skill earlier though he was just able to get one of the two.

The second skill he was granted is still merely unknown with just the knowledge of its name.

Dawn : I clearly received skill from the characteristics of my past life...if I fully follow this logic then I can predict and anticipate which field I will be the best at.

With a solid base, Dawn made himself a schedule which he would start when he turn 6...this included physical training, swordsmanship training, magic training and lastly something he wouldn't have done in his past life...studying.

Dawn : There are 3 schools who are worth attending inside Muth...you can only enter them when you reach the age of 11...by then i should have concluded which is the best for me.

Nodding to himself, the question of the school academy was put on hold...his eyes then shifted to the two biggest problems.

Dawn clearly knows, he has an insane potential...he wasn't one to underestimate himself when the facts are there.

Activating magic without incantation, having 2 unique skills and a passive that grants exceptional growth.

He needed a teacher who would teach him the art of sword and magic...unfortunately, this is a kingdom and instructors here are directly affiliated to the knight order and the kingdom itself.

If he was discovered to be a talent off the chart, he would be taken away and trained for later war usage.

That's why he needs to find someone strong and trustworthy.

Dawn : I have to think about it later, I have 5 years ahead of me to search and find...if not then I will have to learn with the hundreds of videos I have watched about martial arts.

Fortunately I got the skill reader with its function to retain memories. I didn't understand it at first but I got the gist of it.

Closing my eyes, I can see like a giant library with hundreds of books...inside are the information of everything I have seen and read or even heard.

This subspace seems to have also a sort of thought acceleration as the time passed inside to search for information isn't proportional to the time that passed outside.

I had used a simple clock made with grain of gravel...building a sort of hourglass.

The sub skill works like that : the more distant the memories are, the more time I need to pass inside the library.

I tried to get memories from my childhood in my past life, and i had to close my eyes for 1.8s...the downside is little but i can still get overcharged and do a burnout.

My memories seem to have increased but if too much information is sent at the same time I just can't analyze and stock them at the same time.

Dawn : Heh, with training I should be able to make something dangerous of this.

Well that for me to figure out in the future, for now i have a banquet to attend.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

44.2K 2.3K 37
What if Tempest was never founded? Rimuru missed his opportunity to save the lives of those who would've become some of his first and closest friends...
13K 339 9
⚠️PLEASE READ THE FINAL CHAPTER [ANNOUNCEMENT]⚠️ Rimuru and Veldora adopt a newborn slime and named it Adani Tempest. What kind of life will Adani Te...
4.4K 229 20
Raj a average guy struggling with poverty and his life dies by the hands of some not important bastard. While bleeding to his death he wishes to be r...
243K 6.3K 39
Rimuru achieved everything which was possible but there is one regret he has in his mind even after the 12 years of the great war that he cant save h...