A Misty Memory

Von Jay_Addams

As promised, I am here to re-post the Wednesday/Reader book that I had created in the 'Oh, Who Is She?' book... Mehr

Act One - Scene 1: A haunting face
Act One - Scene 2: Across the sea of time
Act One - Scene 3: Just a dream?
Act One - Scene 4: A Mystery
Act One - Scene 5: A lost embrace
Act One - Scene 6: A love immortal such as mine
Act One - Scene 7: Come to me, Eternally
Act One - Final Scene: Immortal she, Return to me.
Intermission
Intermission: Scene 2
Intermission: Final Scene

Intermission: Scene 1

1.1K 61 28
Von Jay_Addams

A/n: Alright! Settle down! Do you have your popcorn? Your drinks? Yes. Okay good. It's time for the mini intermission chapters to begin.

As always, enjoy!~

~•~•~

It was easy to settle into the Addams House.

Is what I wanted to say.

On the outside, I remained calm. I was polite and allowed Morticia to show me around while Gomez and Lurch took my things inside. But on the inside, I felt lost somehow. I didn't know these people, hell I barely knew Wednesday, and yet here I was.

"Would you like a room next to Wednesday?" The woman had asked me. She was so polite and kind, it made me question what real kindness was, because this wasn't what I grew up with.

"Um, I-..." I felt eyes on me and glanced over to see the girl in question. She was quiet, had her hands in front of her much like how the first time I met her. Her gaze was softer, for sure, and held something that reminded me of curiosity.

"I think any room will be alright."

I wanted to be close to her, but I didn't trust myself to be just a room away from her. I'd never be able to sleep knowing she was next to me. I'm not saying that in any sexual way, in fact, I just crave her. Now that we're dating, it feels different. The air is different. She's less cold with me but still her regular stoic individual self. I can't explain it.

"Come with me, I'll show you the spares we have." Morticia placed a hand on my shoulder and guided me away from the foyer.

The stairs went straight up, so I followed the woman. She made me feel safe and like I was welcome. Her touch was firm yet hesitant, I guess because I was still so stiff.

As we walk up the steps I take in the area around me. From the wooden railings to the dark wallpaper. A black, Gothic chandelier hung above and honestly looked stunning. The entire estate was beyond my wildest dreams. Once at the top of the staircase, Morticia guided me to the right side first. Three doors sat along the way: a bathroom, Fester's room and then Things. If you walk further down the hallway you'll find three other rooms. One on each end and then another right in the middle.

It happened to have another set of stairs that led to the third floor.

"Those are my mothers rooms. We don't bother those."

I nodded my head and let her lead me further around till we got to the left side of the top floor. Four rooms lined the way. Wednesday's was first, then Pugsly's, a bathroom and then another spare room. She led me to the door at the end of the hall and opened the door for me. It was clean, almost spotless aside from the cobwebs in the corner and dirt on the furniture. No one has been in here and you could tell.

"I'll take this one."

"The one at the end of the hall, near Wednesday's, is also empty." Morticia tried to say but I was already shaking my head.

"It's okay. I don't mind taking this one."

Morticia left it alone after that, giving me a smile, and then turned to call down to her husband and butler. I had waited by the door as they pulled in the minimal luggage I owned. Gomez had clapped my arm with a warm smile and then met his wife at the staircase before they walked down together. Lurch was the next to leave, giving me a grunt when he ducked out of my room.

I don't hesitate in stepping inside to take a closer look. The walls were Grey with black stripes. The bed frame was a dark brown wooden style with long bed posts that almost reached the ceiling.

As I look around I start to feel everything crash down on me. I was alone. Truly alone. No parents. No Weems. Just me. I sucked in a deep breath and let it out but it sounded shaky. I push the feelings away and walk over to the window. The curtains were black. I actually didn't mind these, I enjoyed blacked out curtains from time to time.

My window faced the side of the house where I could see the road on the other side of the gate that wrapped around the land. That feeling, like I was trapped, started to settle on my chest. I should be happy that I was here but I couldn't bring myself to be. My hand grips the curtain as I tug it open a little more. I didn't have anything familiar here. No one-

"Y/n."

I flinch at the sound of my name and turn to look over my shoulder. Wednesday stood there.

"H-Hi Wednesday." I say breathlessly.

If she sees the tears in my eyes then she didn't mention it.

"How are you settling in?"

"Good." I say almost too quickly. Wincing internally. "I mean, I still need to unpack but so far I'm doing okay."

Wednesday tips her head back, as if she were sizing me up. I take a step away from the window before walking over to my luggage.

"What about you?"

"What about me?" Wednesday asked.

"Are you settling in?"

I look up from the duffle I was unzipping and smile softly at her slightly baffled look.

"I am. I have to unpack my own things but that can wait till after dinner."

"Oh?" I stood up. "Is that why you're here?"

"No."

I held a jacket in my hands and turned to face her.

Her brows furrowed together slightly before she wiped the expression away.

"Y/n. You are making this hard. Please."

Now I was confused. I guess she saw this because I watched as she walked closer to me. She then stops just a few inches away. She wore her platform boots so we were eye to eye.

"I came to see if you were doing okay."

I blinked a few times and opened my mouth to say something but her hands cupped my cheeks. I let out a soft gasp.

"Please don't lie to me."

My mouth shut and I knew instantly that she picked up on my apprehension. I lower my gaze and sigh.

"I'm starting to realize that I'm alone now." I say.

My words were shaky a bit so I played with the collar of the jacket in my hands. Trying to distract myself.

"I have no parents, and We-...Larissa is gone. I have no family and..." I stopped as the start of a sob began to bubble up. I swallow it back and take a deep breath, her cold hands kept me from spirling so I was grateful to her for that.

"I feel so lost. Like I don't belong here."

I felt her hands squeeze my cheeks and I was quick to look up at her.

"I'm sorry Wednesday. I didn't mean to sound ungrateful. I promise I'm very thankful. To you and your parents. I jus-"

The jacket dropped from my hands when her lips pressed into mine. I was shocked, since I wasn't sure if this was something she wanted to do. But here I stand corrected. The kiss was simple, just a press of lips on lips. Probably to shut me up. I let my eyes flutter shut and enjoy the pressure of Wednesday's mouth on mine.

And then, they slowly part. Which causes my lips to slip open. I suck in a breath and just as the pressure lessens, I open my eyes and look into Wednesday's dark gaze.

"You were talking too much."

I lick my lips and blink. "Hmm."

"Y/n, don't feel like you're a burden here. We want you here. I-...want you here."

I was watching her with half lidded eyes. Feeling fuzzy.

"And you are not alone, not anymore." Wednesday takes a step closer as her hands leave my cheeks to take my palms into them. "You will never be alone for as long as I have air in my body. I assure you."

The confession caused my heart to quicken and my cheeks to flush.

"Can I kiss you again?" I blurted out. Wednesday raised a brow at me.

"If you must..."

I wrap a hand around her lower back and tug her in to press into my body. She gasps and then I cover her mouth with my own. My lips trapping her bottom lip between them. She raised a hand up and touched the side of my face. Her nails gently dig into the skin over my jaw. 

As I pull from the kiss, her hand is quick to reach around and grab the back of my neck. I go with it and kiss her deeper. She keeps me close and I'm left with reconnecting our lips everytime. It was fast at first, a little bit of urgency, before it slowed down. I could feel my lungs scream for air, but I didn't pull away.

Once we had stopped, just lips on lips, I was the first to pull away. I pant softly against her mouth, softly licking my bottom lip as I'm reminded of the bitterly sweet taste of her morning Quad she consumes on a daily. Wednesday's breathing was uneven but she looked to be recovering quicker than me. I felt her hand slide from my neck and down to rest on my sternum. She then pushed me away.

"I know this is a hard adjustment for you, but you are not alone."

My hand released her waist and then she stepped out of my grasp. Her hand grabbed mine and instantly I felt myself relax.

"But, dinner is ready. So we must not keep the others waiting."

I let her lead me out of the room, my jacket left behind. I'd pick it up later.

~~~

"Pugsly?"

"Hm?"

Currently I was sat next to Wednesday's younger brother while he stacked each dead fish into the wooden basket we brought with us. I realized how much Wednesday was the same here at home as she was at Nevermore. She takes her writing time very seriously and no one will get in the way of that.

It's been a week since I settled in and I was still getting used to how an entirely different family works. For the most part, The Addams live normal lives. Albeit kooky at times, but aside from their unusual personalities, they're just a normal family.

"Do any of you ever go into town?"

The younger Addams places the lid on top of the bulging basket before he turns to me.

"Father does, sometimes mother goes with him, but that's like once a week."

"What about for food or other essentials?"

Pugsly shrugs his shoulders before grabbing a grenade and plucking the pin. I watch him toss the grenade into the pond,  wait a few seconds, before my shoulders flinch at the explosion. I was still getting used to that as well.

"We normally get it delivered to us," he announced.

I quietly watch him pack even more fish into the basket before he stands up and wipes his hands on his black shorts.

"Help me carry this? Thing normally does but he's with Lurch right now."

I don't question him, just grab one handle as he grabs the other before lifting it. I had to admit, it was a bit heavier than I expected.

"So why do you ask?"

I think of a good answer before shrugging my own shoulders.

"I guess I wanted to cook dinner for everyone. Given your parents' hospitality and all, I was planning on asking your mother if I could."

"My grandma usually does the cooking but since she's on vacation, it's been up to mother."

Honestly the food wasn't bad at all. Morticia is a fantastic cook. But it seems she only knows a few dishes and for the past week it's been alternating between those dishes. We end up back at the house where Pugsly places the basket near the back door.

"What do you do with these fish after you fish for them?"

"Sometimes I'll eat them, other times they're for mothers pets."

I hum to myself and look at the large pile of never ending fish.

"Mind if I take a couple?"

Pugsly shakes his head. "Take as many as you need." He then heads inside, leaving me behind with the basket.

"You smell awful."

Not even a minute after he leaves, his sister replaces his spot. I've come to the realization that whenever she pops up like that my heart always quickens, out of being scared? No. Out of nerves because of the feelings I hold for her? Yes.

"Hello to you too, Ghoul." I say with a little smile as I turn away from the basket to meet Wednesday's dark gaze.

She was dressed in some black slacks, her combat boots and a white and black striped sweater.

"I overheard your conversation with my brother."

"Oh?"

"Mother is a terrible cook. So if you were to ask her, I'm sure she would be more than ecstatic that you'd like to take over the cooking."

I wouldn't go as far as to say she was a terrible cook. But instead of correcting her, I wait to see what else she has to say.

"Is that something that you...like?" She finally asks. Her head tilts a bit as if she were trying to gather the information so she can store it for later.

"Cooking?"

She nods.

"Yeah. I took classes when I was younger and then just kept going from there. I'd cook for Weems on occasion."

At the mention of the woman I feel my heart squeeze painfully. I swallow the lump in my throat and meet Wednesday's gaze head on.

"Is there anything you like to eat specifically?"

I watch as she watches me, offering her a little smile as I do, and wait.

"I only eat for sustenance," she begins, "whatever is made for me I will eat. So I don't quite have a liked or disliked meal."

"And what of your family? Any allergies or foods they like or don't like?"

I saw the little tilt of her lips, unlike at Nevermore, she let the smile stay. I noticed she did that alot at home. You could tell how comfortable she was between the two places.

"Given my family's history, I believe it is safe to say that they will eat anything prepared for them."

I really did have a lot to learn. But that only made this experience all the more better.

"What do you plan to do with those fish?" She asked.

I looked over my shoulder to the basket, the lid was half off and a few fish were poking out.

"It's cold," I say and turn back to face Wednesday with a smile, "I was planning on making a soup of sorts."

Wednesday stares at me for a moment, trying to figure me out. I just let my smile widen.

"Caldo de pescado."

~~~

I had Morticia on one side while Wednesday stood across from us. Their kitchen was beautiful, clean and a gorgeous marbled island in the middle.

Which is what I was using currently as I took the filleting knife and effortlessly sliced along the spine of the fish. I then, without missing a beat, cut just beneath the right fin and along the gut. I made sure the blade followed the grain of the bones. The blood and guts spilling out though it didn't bother me seeing it.

"You're awfully skillful with a knife, Y/n." Morticia mused. My eyes never left the fish as I finished cleaning the meat from the bones.

"I was taught how to fillet a fish when I was 10. My instructor handed me a knife and pointed to a salmon and told me to fillet it. Took me a year and a half to master it."

If i had looked up, I would have seen the impressed look written across Wednesday's face as she watched my hands work.

In a pot close by, I had filled it with onions and garlic, I would toss the tail and head of the fish, and any other bones that were left over inside.

"Will you keep the bones?" Morticia had asked.

"I could but they'd be little splinters and end up getting stuck in your throat."

Morticia glanced at her daughter before smiling. "Sounds delightful."

I smile at this and finally look up to meet Wednesday's unwavering gaze. I almost forgot that these people weren't exactly normal. Which means my dishes would have to be an extra step above what I typically make.

The recipe calls for veggies of any kind. So I worked with what Morticia had in her garden. Which was oddly taken care of. Every vegetable looked a beautiful vibrant color, and most looked about ready to be picked.

I turn to Wednesday and she stares back. "Mother has a bit of a green thumb. This is where most of our produce comes from."

"The fewer trips into town, the better." Morticia was the one to speak.

I guess I got my answer about town visits. I did have to remember this family isn't particularly accepted by normal human beings. So I could only imagine the stares and whispers that might come their way.

"If I wanted to go to town on my own, could I?" I asked. I was currently picking some cilantro and then placing it into the little basket Wednesday had handed me upon arrival. 

"Of course you can, Y/n. All you need is to let Lurch know where you want to go and he'll take you."

That alone helped ease the anxiety I held by being here.

"Okay, thank you." I mumbled.

I could feel the intense stare that was placed upon me.  It made me aware that Wednesday had her full attention on me. I used to find it unnerving. But now, I like it. I couldn't quite explain it.

~~~

When I served the soup, I had gotten approval from Morticia when she saw the full head of one of the fishes in her bowl.

"You decided to leave them in?"

"I did."

When she took her first bite she hummed, or purred, before turning to her husband with a loving smile.

"She can cook, darling."

Gomez had already finished half of his own bowl before he wiped his stache, taking Morticia's outstretched hand to kiss the back of it.

"A tasteful rabbit for our little viper to sink her teeth into."

I watch Morticia's eyes flash as she smiles seductively at her husband. I was quick to look away, feeling like I shouldn't be watching this. I then end up getting caught in Wednesday's stare. Her eyes peeked over the edge of the spoon while she took a slow, quiet sip of the broth.

"Yes, this is quite delicious." she had said, taking another spoonful. "While I do prefer cold dishes, I appreciate the way the broth burns my tongue and lips."

I forgot to remind them of how hot it was but it seemed to me none of them cared. Pugsly being on his third bowl.

"I'm so glad I let you take some of the fish. This is amazing!" he commented.

Their positive words hit me right in the chest and caused tears to prick the corners of my eyes. I had to push them away, however, as I didn't want to be crying in front of my girlfriend's family. It was just overwhelming to know that these people were so accepting of me with open arms.

"I'm glad you all like it. Next time I'll make Pumpkin cheese soup."

"With real pumpkin, I hope." Morticia pointed out as she plucked a piece of the corn cob onto her fork. Taking a bite that looked like a goddess was eating it. Like how?

"If you make it with canned pumpkin you ought to be stabbed in the throat. It takes away the flavor." I say only to feel my brows furrow. Did I really just say that?

When I glanced up, the family was staring at me with accepting expressions on their faces. Wednesday looked about ready to drag me away from here. The look in her eyes was telling me a whole spicy story while her face looked as neutral as ever.

"I might add a secret ingredient and see if you can guess what it is." I say, while keeping the staring contest with Wednesday.

~~~

After dinner, Wednesday asked me for a nightly stroll through her family cemetery. Any time spent alone with her would be a gift at this point.

I lived in Vermont most of my life so I should be used to the cold but New Jersey seemed brutal when it came to its weather. I had a Nevermore hoodie on with some jeans and sneakers that I barely wore. It was comfortable though as Wednesday led me around. She wore her black wool jacket, the one I remember using to support her head back at Nevermore when we checked out that old barn.

We walked side by side, shoulders brushing every so often, while keeping quiet most of the tour. Eventually, Wednesday was the one to break the silence.

"I must say, I am impressed by all of the things I learned about you today."

I blink my thoughts away and realize we weren't walking anymore. Instead we were standing in front of a tombstone with the name 'Joel Glicker' on it.

"It's nothing really," I say with a shrug.

"Nonsense. You can cook and you know your way around with a knife." her eyes practically devoured me while she took my entire being in.

"I assure you I'm not as skilled as you are with a knife." a nervous chuckle left my lips as I looked at the headstone.

"Do not discount my approval of you, Y/n. It's not very attractive."

I clench my jaw at this and avert my gaze back to hers. She was giving me that look again, the same one she gave me when we first started dating. So much heat and...hunger?

"Why do you always look at me like that?" I finally asked.

Wednesday blinked and the look was suddenly gone. "Like what?"

"Like you want to eat me alive."

"Maybe because I do."

I was still facing the headstone, staring at the name, when I felt movement from next to me. I feel her cold fingers take my chin and hold my head so I can't turn it. I then feel her lips ghost themselves over the shell of my ear.

"You can not run away from a viper's bite, sweet rabbit."

And, as if this girl couldn't surprise me enough, she leaned in and nipped the edge of my ear lobe. Her cool breath made my already cold skin prickle with heat.

Her hand left my chin and I was left there, frozen, while she walked back to the house. Was this the same Wednesday I met all those months ago? I slowly turned my head and noticed that she wasn't anywhere in sight. What did she do, vanish?

"I'm definitely dating a ghost." I mutter under my breath and then turn from the grave to follow Wednesday and head back inside.

~~~

A/n2: Just a bit of an Easter egg in there. Be careful, if you blink you'll miss it. ;)

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

57.9K 1.1K 99
Moving to Nevermore wasn't what Wednesday Addams expected until she met with the bubbly walking rainbow, Enid Sinclair. p/s: please bear with me . En...
26.5K 764 13
โ๐ˆ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฐ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ.โž ๐–๐ž๐๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐๐š๐ฒ'๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ง๐ข๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ญ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ...
14.7K 932 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...