England's Bloody Rose

Flytrap4534 द्वारा

Lydia Euphemia Potter. Daughter of Fleamont and Euphemia Potter. Heiress of the Potter fortune. One of the gr... अधिक

Prologue
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #1
Flashbacks Chapter #1
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #2
Flashbacks Part #2
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #3
Flashbacks Chapter #3
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #4
Flashbacks Chapter #4
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #5
Flashbacks Chapter #5
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #6
Flashbacks Chapter #6
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #7
Flashbacks Chapter #7
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #8
Flashbacks Chapter #8
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #9
Flashbacks Chapter #9
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #10
Flashbacks Chapter #10
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #11
Flashbacks Chapter #11
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #12
Flashbacks Chapter #12
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #13
Flashbacks Chapter #13
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #14
Flashbacks Chapter #14
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #15
Flashbacks Chapter #15
Mid Story Character Guide:
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #16
Flashbacks Chapter #16
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #17
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #18
Flashbacks Chapter #18
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #19
Flashbacks Chapter #19
Iolanthe Potter: Epilogue:
Flashbacks: Epilogue:

Flashbacks Chapter #17

2.2K 92 3
Flytrap4534 द्वारा

"I'm glad Iola's doing well," Fleamont spoke softly to his wife, careful to ensure his daughter didn't hear, "I was worried she'd get into as much trouble as our Lyddie, but it seems, other than this pesky tournament business, she's a lot calmer than our girl."

"I wish we got to see more of Benjy and Callie," Euphemia sighed, "they're also our grandchildren."

"Agreed," Fleamont said lovingly to his wife, "maybe we will."

"I hope so," Euphemia grins.

"What are you doing?!" Regulus screams as he rushes into the office, only to find a heavily pregnant, soot covered Lydia Potter grinning in the middle of a burnt room.

"What has she done now?" Augusta clucks her tongue, "always a little rascal."

"I'm trying to figure out how to make a cure for lycanthropy," Lydia explains, "but it's not working out very well. I'm sending all my research and test results to an old student of Slughorn's, a Mr. Damocles Belby. Slughorn, when I wrote for advice, told me that he's researching lycanthropy as well, and is well on his way to achieving results."

"Impressive as that may be," Regulus gave Lydia a sharp look, "did you really need to blow the office up again?"

"No," Lydia pouted "sorry Reg. I'm just really bored."

"I know," Regulus sighed, "I've been made aware of that fact at minimum twice a day."

"Regulus is a literal champ," Lyetta whispered to her brother, "anyone who can reign Lydia in is a force to be reckoned with."

"I have an idea!" Lydia shouts suddenly, "let's go shopping!"

"I can't be seen in public," Regulus deadpanned, "or have you forgotten that."

"I haven't," Lydia rolled her eyes, "but we can go shopping in the muggle world! We can set my little girl's room up!"

"It's not a terrible idea," Regulus contemplated, "and both of us have needed to get out of the house for weeks already. I guess it couldn't hurt."

"Good," Lydia pointed towards a small cabinet, "the polyjuice is in there. I have 20 different hairs for you to chose from. I suggest you take number 13. He was a particularly good-looking man."

"Why do you have so many hairs anyways?" Regulus muttered to himself as he went to set his potion up.

"An excellent question," Dorcas mumbles, "because that's rather gross."

"Sirius brings them to me," Lydia shrugged, "he peels them off his uniform. Apparently people have a strange habit of clinging to their rescuers."

"Only Sirius," Regulus groans, and downs the potion. Soon enough, a tall and blonde man had replaced Regulus in the room. 

"Let's get in the car," Lydia smiled, "we only have so long before that potion wears off."

The film shows a montage of the two shopping and setting up Iola's nursery. It seems that Regulus has horrendous taste.

"We did it," Lydia looks at the finished product, "my little girl will love it."

"It looks beautiful," Euphemia, ever the interior designer, observed, "rather tasteful if I do say so myself."

"I still think we should have bought that giant chandelier," Regulus huffed, sitting with Lydia on the ground.

"This is a baby's nursery Reg," Lydia laughs, "it's not necessary. My little girl is going to be a tiny little thing. She doesn't need such a big thing in her room."

"Speaking of," Regulus leaned back, "have you thought of any names?"

"I-" Lydia took a deep breath, "Benjy and I had of course, discussed it at one point. I'm pretty sure we were drunk, but that's irrelevant."

"And?" Regulus, tone softer, asks.

"Give me a moment," Lydia says, eyes glowing their tell tale silver, "welcome Iolanthe Peverell to the mortal plane."

"Hello," Regulus waves to the spirit he cannot see, by now he's learnt how to interact with spirits despite not being able to see them.

"It seems that Regulus has acclimated well to his life with the Potter girl," Alphard whispers to himself, "I'm glad. He deserves more than this farce we call a family."

"Iolanthe here is a special lady," Lydia explains, "she's an incredibly kind-hearted woman, who would do anything for her family. In an instant, she can turn from a beautiful flower, to an angry Devil's Snare. I pity those who incur her wrath. She was married to one of Linfred of Stinchcombe's sons, Hardwin Potter. She and Hardwin are the patriarch and matriarch of my family line."

"Admirable," Regulus notes, "but why have you introduced her to me?"

"I wanted you to get to meet the namesake of my child," Lydia smiles, "I have decided to call my child Iolanthe. I wish for my child to be just like her. Kind to everyone, but a warrior when needed. I want my daughter to become a better person than I could ever be."

"But you're an extremely kind-hearted individual," Regulus asks, "how can you wish for someone to be kinder than you? Especially your child?"

"I am not as kind as I wish I was," Lydia sighs, "I won't get into that matter. It's far too depressive for this moment."

"Alright," Regulus moved on, "are you going to give her a middle name?"

"I had thought of three options," Lydia tells Regulus, "the first is Euphemia."

"Makes sense," Amelia says, "Euphemia is her mother's name."

"But she didn't name her that." Gabriel points out to his little sister, "she named her Serene, after Sirius."

"Oh right," Amelia realized, "I wonder why."

"I had thought so," Regulus admits, "you loved your mother very much. An excellent way to preserve her memory."

"I decided not to though," Lydia continues, "because quite frankly, I find the name to be horrendous. I loved my grandmother, but her naming sense was horrible."

"Lydia dear," Euphemia looked at her daughter, smile eery, "is that truly what you think of my name?"

"Well yeah," Lydia unabashedly answers, "but I'm tactful enough to not tell you that. You can't fault me for not liking your name. I still love you, name and all."

"Perfect," Euphemia's smile returned to cheery, "that's my Lyddie."

"I wasn't aware you had such distaste for your mother's name" Regulus looks rather shocked, "so if Euphemia is off the table, what were your other two options?"

"The second was my own name," Lydia explains, "and while I think Lydia is a beautiful name, I mean it quite literally means beautiful, I don't think it will suit my Iolanthe. Also, it feels really weird naming my child after myself. I'm still alive and kicking."

"That didn't last long," Lydia laughed, "what a sense of humor I have."

"So the third option," Regulus looks at Lydia, "what is it?"

"Serene," Lydia smiles softly, "I want that for my girl. I wish for her to live a life of serenity. I wish for her life to be as peaceful as mine was chaotic."

"And it's similar sounding to Sirius," Regulus shakes his head, "I should have known."

"And it's similar to Sirius," Lydia blushed at being so easily caught, "Sirius is my everything. My anchor. My lifeline. Also, Sirius and I swore to name our firstborns after each other."

"You two are really something, " Regulus laughed, "Iolanthe Serene Potter. It sounds beautiful."

"Just as she'll be," Lydia agrees, before a desperate knocking is heard at the door, "who is that?"

"I have a bad feeling," Remus could feel it in his gut. This was not going to end well.

"Would you like me to get the door?" Regulus asks Lydia, who is struggling to get off the floor.

"No," Lydia grunts, "just give me a hand." The two walk to the door, and open it to find Alice and Frank extremely worried.

"Get in," Frank pushes Alice before him, "we need to be careful."

"What in Merlin's name is going on?" Lydia asked Alice, as all four hurry into the house.

"We just got some information from Remus," Frank, out of breath, says choppily, "and it's really not looking good for us."

"What's wrong?" Regulus asks, waving his wand. Cups filled with water appeared from the kitchen, and Alice and Frank accepted them gratefully.

"Lily's in St. Mungo's," Frank began, "she lost the baby. Someone poisoned her."

"So they're going to find out about the prophecy," Augusta noted sadly, "the timeline is slowly approaching the inevitable."

"Merlin's beard!" Lydia gasped in horror, "do they know who?"

"Dumbledore knew," Alice speaks, and her voice is not it's usually kind tone, "he wouldn't tell Lily and Remus. Not until Remus really pushed. It was Severus Snape."

All the people who's previous anger at the boy had simmered down, suddenly felt it spark up again.  The boy had nothing to say for himself. Since he found out, he'd been rather quiet. He didn't want to risk being cursed by Potter's creepy magic.

"That little slug," Lydia growled, "I knew I should have ended his miserable existence back then. Stupid morals."

"Potter had a chance to kill him," Lily whispered to herself, "and chose not to. And Sev likes to pretend he's the good person here. I know Sev would never have held back from that. What has he become?"

"This doesn't make sense," Regulus voices, "Snape was annoyingly obsessed with Lily all throughout his school years. The upper years would harass him about it all the time. Despite calling her a mudblood, hating her kind, and being extremely violent, he still loved her. He never stopped. It was highly concerning and borderline obsessive. So why would he poison her?"

Marlene and Mary both wanted to use this to prove to Lily that Snape was bad news. They've been telling her that for years. But Lily wasn't in a state where they could. She was heartbroken and terrified. All they should be doing is comforting their friend. And so they did.

"Because he overheard a prophecy," Frank sighed, "The time for one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the third month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark as his equal, but will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives..."

"Huh?" Regulus asks, "what does this have to do with anything?"

"Lily's due date was March 29th," Frank sighed, "two days away from the end of the month. Snape was, according to Dumbledore, worried that you-know-who would target her. So he poisoned her, killing her daughter. Now her child can't be the child of the prophecy."

"And the only other women who have fought you-know-who three times are us," Alice adds, "and I'm due March 30th."

"But I'm due April 8th," Lydia protests, "do you think I'm still a target?"

"It's not as if early births are uncommon," Frank defends his worries, "we thought you should know this. You-know-who is on the prowl. He's looking for both of us."

"I think we should move into the Godric's Hollow house," Lydia finally speaks, "it's not as well-known as Potter Manor."

"Good idea," Fleamont agrees, "it has extremely strong protections. It's where Iolanthe and Hardwin lived their lives. It has old protection spells."

"I'll help you pack up," Regulus offers, "is there anything you two need?"

"No," Alice declines, "we'll be alright. We're going to go under the fidelius charm."

"That's risky," Lydia warns, "are you sure of that?"

"We are," Frank reassures Lydia, "and we want you to do the same. It's the most powerful protection spell you can use."

"I'm not sure," Lydia says, "we'll consider it."

The scene switches to Sirius, Regulus, and Lydia hanging out in the park.

"This is nice," Lydia sighs as she leans back, "it's been awhile since we've left the house, eh Regulus."

"So it seems that they did go into hiding," Dorcas notes, "good."

"It is," Regulus agrees, "why'd you ask us to come Sirius though? We normally have our meet ups in the Manor."

"I just needed some advice from our lovely Lydia," Sirius smirked, but seemed rather nervous about something.

"What's up Pads?" Lydia asked, "did you and Moony have a rough night?"

"No," Sirius responds, "it's not that. It's more personal." Sirius rubs his neck sheepishly.

"Spit it out already," Regulus rolls his eyes, "you're not going to get anything done without asking."

"How do you ask a girl to marry you?" Sirius blurt out, "because I have no idea."

"He went to Lydia for advice," Nico cooed, "that's so cute. Wonder why he didn't ask Frank, Bart, or I. Not that it matters, but Lydia never asked someone to marry her before."

"While I'm flattered," Lydia turns her attention to her brother, "why didn't you ask Frank or Bart? I'm sure they would have been able to answer a lot better than I could."

"Because I wanted to ask my sister," Sirius answered, "and I wanted Regulus to be there. This was just the best time."

"Aww," Lydia cooed at a blushing Sirius, "well-" Lydia suddenly froze.

"Lydia?" Regulus slowly asks, seeing how her face froze up.

"I'm glad Regulus has learnt to care for people," Andromeda smiles, "it makes my heart burst."

"We need to get to St. Mungo's," Lydia tells the two men with her, "it seems little Iolanthe is as impatient and unpredictable as her mother. She does what she wants, and what she wants right now is out."

"So she's going into labour," Tina shakes her head, "poor Lydia. Labour is not very fun."

"You don't have to tell me twice," Augusta shakes her head, "why do you think I only had one child?"

"This is not going well," Lydia puts her head in her hands, "poor future me."

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

Mortem . Sirius Black o द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

1.9M 67.8K 142
TW: drugs, physical abuse, torture Book Two (Frigus) is out now! Some people are just born to fight. It's not that they're born brave. It's not tha...
553K 14.1K 33
Faye Luna Montgomery, the name of a girl who is anything but ordinary. Her father dying when she was ten and her mother murdered when she was sixteen...
13.9K 334 29
As Azkaban's icy walls closed around Sirius Black, accused of the heinous murders of James and Lily Potter, little did he know that the life of his w...
27.7K 695 34
My story is a little different from others. "Of course that's why he knew what to give you Harry!" Hermione tells him. "Who is that? Jayden Potter...