That time I failed as an Auth...

By elite3532

Elite3532, an individual who can be considered as an icon among the Tensura fandom community failed in accomp... More

Prologue: An pitiful end
Chapter 2: Unexpected early surprise
Chapter 3: Birthday
Chapter4: Years later
Chapter 5: A year of training
Chapter 6: Partner
Chapter 7: Moving forward
Chapter 8: Departure
Chapter 9: Destined fate
Chapter 10: Academy prelude
Chapter 11: A good first day
Chapter 12: Proving yourself
Chapter 13: Superiority
Chapter 14: String of fate
Chapter 15: Lara Arceid
Chapter 16: Nightmare
Chapter 17: Prelude to disaster
Chapter 18: An early goodbye
Chapter 19: Loss and rebirth
Chapter 20: Arceid's will
Chapter 21: Leap of fate
Chapter 22: New resolution, new era
Chapter 23: 20 Years later
Chapter 24: Cursed by Loneliness
Chapter 25: A request from Elmesia
Chapter 26: Moonlight
Chapter 27: Odd dungeon
Chapter 28: Far away to another continent
Chapter 29: Sorrow and Guilt
Chapter 30: Fated disaster/Moving on
Chapter 31: Conclusion of an Era
Chapter 32: Reaching the Sky
Chapter 33: Ace of God
Chapter 34: Conqueror of Flame, Shizue Izawa
Chapter 35: Prisoner of ourself
Chapter 36: Orc invasion/Trust?
Chapter 37: Lost control
Chapter 38: Author and Character
Chapter 39: Understanding/Hinata vs Rimuru
Chapter 40: Falmuth war
Chapter 41: Demon lord Rimuru/A tale sourcing from the regrets of the past
Chapter 42: Walpurgis Prelude
Chapter 43: Demon lords/Walpurgis
Chapter 44: Demon lords's demise
Character Profile [1]
Chapter 45: False God? Chaos through Ruberios
Chapter 46: End of Crisis
Chapter 47: Hero and Schemes
Chapter 48: The demon lord, the saint and the hunter
Chapter 49: A fruitful evening

Chapter 1: A fresh start

4.5K 136 62
By elite3532

3rd Pov

3 years have passed since the news of the Destroyer Milim Nava becoming a demon lord...

Dawn was now 3 years old and was carelessly walking around the mansion, the maids seeing him quickly stepped aside to make way.

Dawn : (Ahh, i can't get used...i understand your pain now Rimuru ! Passing from a casual environment to nobility, everyone has something stuck in their ass here...worse i have to follow them growing up or I'll be seen as bad seen by the other nobles...)

During those 3 years, Dawn managed to get his thoughts right and overcome the shock of being reincarnated in Tensura.

Flash back Dawn Pov

I crawled around thinking...I am really inside Tensura, during the last few days I managed to get some information about my new family.

The Arceid family is a low nobility from the kingdom of Falmuth...right, I had to reincarnate there, but luckily it seems the current king isn't as greedy as Edmaris.

Though to be exact, I am in what will become the kingdom of Falmuth in the future, right now it's called the kingdom of Muth...yeah they just added a Fa in the future...

Also I concluded that my family will surely be wiped out in a few centuries or heck years...I remember no mention of that name in the novel...

That means, it was either not an important family or one that just didn't exist in Rimuru's era...this led to 2 possibilities.

Either this family is corrupted and was taken out or it naturally went out as the heir chose to abandon that name...in either case I feel like I'm going to be the center of this.

Well i'm the sole heir and a male at that...yes i checked after overcoming the shock of being reincarnated...

I just can't imagine myself to be a girl or genderless...oh there was that question too, since i know most of the characters, how should be my relationship with them.

It could be a lover, close friend or enemy...well it doesn't matter, my main goal is to survive for now and I already chose what I want.

Dawn : Rimuru...

The name subconsciously slipped from my mouth...hopefully no one was present as I am still just a few months old, talking now would be rather weird.

Anyway, i want to join Tempest in the future but before that there is a long way...Milim just became a demon lord, so there is at least 2000 years that separate me from joining Tempest.

I would be dead by then...my only hope is to become a saint...

So much to do...and me being a lazy bun, i guess i have to put my brain into it or i won't last long.

Taking a meditating position, I closed my eyes and tried to look into my soul...and as expected I couldn't.

Only a few extraordinary people inside Tensura could see their skill directly in their soul but I guess I am not...

I have to wait a few years until I get the authorization to use those devices to see my skill...and hopefully I got some cheat codes...

It wasn't explained in the novel how you could learn the name of your skill but I guess I know now...

Flash back end.

3rd Pov

After that, Dawn let time pass until he was 2 where he could start reading without too much suspicion...yes it was odd for a small kid.

But genius and prodigies exist, being labeled as one isn't bad considering the fact that he would be able to earn more knowledge directly inside Tensura, information that he didn't have before as they weren't shown in the novel or anime.

Currently Dawn was in the mansion's library, it wasn't extraordinarily large but for a low noble family like his, it was average.

As a former reader, Dawn easily goes through the pages and books, one by one absorbing the useful knowledge while leaving the useless one.

He also deduced that his mental capability had increased...

Dawn : (Though i didn't get perfect memories...ahh that sucks, my head hurt with how many books i had read...also magic, it's more common than i thought.)

In the novel, magic was rarely used as the author preferred the usage of skill...but now that Dawn looked into it.

The population who had no skill was much larger than those who had...meaning magic was their weapon and by no means negligible.

Dawn : (It seems there is also a device to see which natural element you are good at...though anyone can use any type of magic...)

The book explicitly explained that anyone possessing magicule could bring forth elemental magic, some people have better affinity with some elements but at the end, they are also able to use other magic.

Elemental magic works with 3 factors, you first need enough magicule to cast a spell...second you need to imaginate the spell, it can be with an incantation or just imagining it.

Lastly, you need the right amount of control to properly cast the spell and throw it...

Dawn : (Fascinating...i am confident i will be able to use magic, i also just noticed but it seems I do have a skill.)

Smirking to himself, Dawn just realized that since day 1 he could understand the adults talking and reading without difficulty...

Extra skill : Universal language...

Dawn : (I wonder if this skill was default given to me or it is because of my characteristics in my past life...)

He thought for a moment..perhaps the requirement to have this extra skill was due to him speaking more than 1 language in his past life...

Dawn : (If that were the case, then I would potentially have some kind of plot manipulation...that would ease everything up.)

He thought about it again before shaking his head, such a utopic future was sure a possibility but he couldn't just rely on that...

Relying on a « If » could be destructive, no, the most logical thing for him is to live and train as if he had nothing...

Dawn : (For now i need to grow up while training this body, i should also start training in swordsmanship when i reach my 6 years...but for now.)

Dawn Pov

Bringing my arm forward, I let my palm facing the ceiling while closing my eyes.

Every human in the Cardinal world should possess magicule, as feint as it is they still have some...otherworlders have naturally more as they absorb magicule while crossing the world barrier.

So for someone like me who saw Tensura as fiction...i should at least possess an equal amount of magicule as an otherworlder.

Still, it has been 5 minutes now and i still can't feel it...in the anime magical was represented like a purple galactic like nebula fog...but in reality it doesn't have color.

Magicule is the ambient mana...the energy that surrounds everything at the same state as the air...it has no form or color.

I just can't imaginate it...

Dawn : I can't manifest something I can't understand...

I see, as I was about to stop and focus on my research...a sudden bright light appeared, it wasn't physical.

My conscious was like in a long tunnel with the end of it a bright light...It's weak, is that magicule ?

Well I just have to try...let's imaginate a small flame, the process of creation of a flame is based on what we call « fire triangle ».

Basically igniting the combustion of a flammable material...the show and friction generated by two pieces of stone...

With that image, I started feeling something warm igniting in my palm...I smirked as I realized what it was.

Dawn : A success.

Opening my eyes, the sight of a small blaze made of true fire appeared...it was so small that my simple could probably swipe it away.

Yet I was proud, a success...I hadn't succeeded in anything after losing hope of becoming an actual author.

Dawn : It's weird, I don't even feel hot...

I wonder if I also got natural resistance ? Or is it because I am the one who made that flame ? Or is it just too small to actually burn...

Well it doesn't matter for now, I was just happy...this is like I was finally leaving that hell of a reality.

Using magic is probably the dream of all fans of isekai.

3rd Pov

Days then passed with Dawn secretly training...he soon discovered that he was right, the more he practiced, the more magicule he managed to bring out.

It was still to the level of a kid but his magicule capacity should too...meaning he had more than the average kid at his age.

In the future, the possibility of him getting more magicule than the average human is very high.

Dawn also found an affinity with ice...he discovered it when out of curiosity he tried to freeze water...

Unlike the flame days prior, it didn't come small and turned bigger as training went on...instead the ice formed in the center of the glass of water.

And immediately froze up until the glass shattered in a thousand pieces...it was clear his ice elemental magic was higher than any of his magic.

And this was fine with him, he was always told in his past life that closely and when he talked...he kinda sounded lifeless, cold...

Just the way people would prefer to avoid him.

Anyway, now Dawn was finally taking steps outside the mansion...inside a vast garden, the surrounding of the mansion was carefully managed.

Dawn could feel the peaceful air...something he wouldn't have expected from the rotten country that Falmuth is...

Dawn : What should I do now...exploring ?

Thinking about his next action, he suddenly stopped and hid himself behind a pillar.

The noise of a few maid snickering then reached his ears...

Maid : Poor lady Lara...becoming the mistress of such a monster...

Maid 2 : Yes...she deserves better...

Lara ? My mother's name ? What do they mean...now that i think, Arceid is the family name of my mother's side.

What about my father ? I still haven't even seen him once...

Maid : So young yet fell pregnant with the viscount...

My eyes narrowed as I started to link everything together...from the many stories I had read, this scenario is probably similar to those noble and mistress relations...

My mother must be from a lower noble class or just commoner but the second possibility is not possible.

As she has a last name, my fathers name from what i had heard is Lavane...which is much less cooler than Arceid.

I have to admit...anyway, coming back to the situation, my mother probably had sex with my father and fell pregnant.

But since she was from a lower family, she was forced to be his mistress...that would mean my father already has a wife...

The fact that I also use my mother's name instead of my father would also mean that he doesn't recognize me as his child and that he might have another kid...which will become the heir.

Dawn : It seems I have a few familial problems ahead of me...

He muttered before leaving, fortunately he got more things than he needed...he memorized the faces of those two maids.

They are compassionate people...they might be useful in the future.

Dawn : (I also have to look out for assassins now...those maids weren't able to sense me despite my lack of control of my magicule...that means they aren't suited to battle or assassination.)

The possibility of them acting was there too but why would they act ? In front of a monthly old boy...

That just made no sense...the more he thought about it the more questions he had, perhaps he was just being Paranoid...that was the only thought that could comfort him.

Months then passed again and Dawn was now celebrating his first birthday...there were not many guests but it was fine for him.

He was never one who liked to celebrate events in general, and for a long time despised his own birthday.

But this time it was really special, it will be the first time he will meet his father and the main family...

It's also his first birthday in this world...

Lara : You look perfect Dawn-chan !

Wearing some kind of ceremonial outfit adapted to his size, Dawn cringed a little at how tight the outfit was.

Dawn : (Just bear with it...your mother is happy that all that matters...)

It was in a way for him to atone for his regrets...his mother in his past life was disappointed after he dropped his studies...along with the multiple failures that followed...

Dawn : (I wonder if she was actually disappointed in me...well i wouldn't fault her if she did, i truly failed everything i was given.)

Smiling sadly, his thoughts stopped when a maid knocked on the door and announced the arrival of the main family.

The first event of his new life was about to start.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226 13 9
Jimmy enjoys a rich suburban life and has everything basketball, friends, and the ability to get whatever he wants. Then one day he lost all of that...
67 1 7
In a world where superpowers, known as Quirks, define one's potential, Locke Lamora, a globally recognized art prodigy, confronts a reality that seem...
156K 3.7K 17
This is the story of Rimuru Tempest, he was the strongest being that ever existed and the oldest. he was bored because he was the only one in the voi...
19.3K 1.2K 36
A collection of Side Stories, Bonus Chapters, What If's and other random stuff that I couldn't fit into Odd Beast World. Or I could - later. BEWARE o...