A Rose In Harlem

By casuallyslaying

"It be the ones who say they real not true, it be the ones the ones you trust- them to it be the ones" "I... More

0.5
1.0
2.0
3.0
4.0
5.0
6.0
7.0
8.0
10.
11
12.
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29

9.0

1.8K 191 108
By casuallyslaying

   It was two am when the burner phone rang, he rolled over yawning and mistook it for his real phone. That was until he saw the time, he went through the nightstand and shuffled around in the dark before answering it.

  "I found a leak" Titans voice came through the phone and Chicago woke up at that one.

"How did you- how-

"Let's be real, we both know I got connections everywhere in this town" he spoke in a hushed tone. "I've been paying off cops for years— now the feds is something else but I'll be out of here when I find out all I need to know and get rid of everything I need to get rid of" 

  "So what do you need from me?" He asked Titan explained where and what to do- he told him he had a car waiting for him at one of the traps, that he only had about 2 hours to do everything and then he had some guys coming to take care of the rest, it was trash day on that street  and they had some guys on the truck ready to crush up the body and take it to the dump.  Chicago was already putting his stuff in a back pack ready to start heading down the street towards the trap.

  "Be careful Chicago"

"I'm always careful T- don't tell me your doubting me"

"The streets are getting ugly kid- I'll call you tomorrow night- be alive to pick up"  with that he hung up, Chicago shook his head a bit as he locked his house door and walked down the street the only light so far was the street lights. He knew that was his own way of saying he cared about him but Chicago never messed up before so why would he think he would now. A part of him was glad he was back out doing stuff like this, not that he was itching to kill someone but more so it felt normal to him. He was good at it, it wasn't him  struggling through math or history, or him trying not to walk out of the slow ass 9-5. He usually made real money off of stuff like this. Triple what the drug dealers made- another reason why everyone wanted to do what he did but not everyone could. You needed a strong stomach. By the age of 12 Chicago had already seen 6  dead bodies and one of them was his mother. Dead bodies stopped having a effect on him after you look at your mothers lifeless body.  Music played through one earbud and the other  his head on a swivel once again but he wasn't worried to much about it. He had several guns on him and the worst thing that could happen wasn't someone trying to rob him but a cop seeing a black man with a hoodie and trying to play hero.

   Within 40 minutes he arrived at the trap which meant he didn't have much time to change and get over there. When he saw whose trap it was he chuckled to himself. Trystan was a money hungry fool- but a good get away driver when he needed to be. The trap was empty and Trystan was rolling up on the couch. "I know you lying! I ain't think it was gonna be my boy!" He said with a wide smile. "Business with you is too easy" he cheered and Chicago only dapped  him up.

  "Do you know who it is?"

"The less I know the better- you just let me know if I gotta come in from the car" Chicago changed into a all back fit down to the gloves. They got in the car and he hit the blunt a few times Looking out the window. The car rides there were always quiet, he had to get into the zone. This job was all about departmentalizing your feelings. He had to become completely emotionless and focus at the task at hand. Chicago was surprised that when the car stopped he knew whose house it was. A old head, of course. Wanted to be Titans right hand man a few years back. But Titan declined it and now he understood why. Money rules everything and that's not always a good thing because money can rule loyalty. He got out the car pulled his ski mask over his head. Something still made him pull his hood over as she snuck in the back. He heard the noise of dogs and exhaled- everyone and they mama wanted dogs these days.

He wasn't no dog killer that's for sure- the sound of them he could tell they were big and Chicago couldn't let them bite him, it would leave blood. So he went back to the side of the fence and opened the gate- looking for someplace he could hide once he found it he got to work picking the lock. The door creaked open he threw something towards the gate and the dogs instantly ran out of it- he snuck in the back door shutting it behind him and looked around- he avoided to look at any pictures or read anything. If you knew about the family you would feel worse. He stepped lightly checking each room for the man he was looking for. Last time he was here was straight out of juvie. Titan started to take him places with him showing him what he did. He took him here to show him that he didn't always take from the streets. This guy use to travel across state lines with his big truck importing drugs when he did his CDL jobs. He was good as he never got caught but he was a loose end- knew just enough information to buy himself and whoever he cared about a spot in witness protection after he squealed like a pig. We couldn't have that. Slowly making his way up the stairs he looked only at the stairs avoiding the pictures on the wall. Sometimes they made it hard but maybe because Chicago never had a loving family dynamic he also didn't mind if he caught a glimpse at a picture or so.

He heard snoring coming from a room he checked all the other rooms - empty. After doing so he went back to where the snoring was coming. His gun already off safety he pulled it out. The snoring had stopped so he was making sure he was extra quiet. The light flicked on quickly and the man held a gun pointing right back towards Chicago. Atleast he won't go down without a fight. He dodged the bullets the man's gun spit out quickly. The gun waisted no time not caring about Chicago catching his balance as they shot out some more. "I knew he would send someone" the man spoke now getting out of bed. Chicago found the closest thing and threw it at him hearing a loud thud he saw the man now on the floor gun flew across it. He had thrown a computer at the man's head which left a forming knot on it. "I hoped It would've been himself- but of course his pussy ass doesn't take care of his own business" he spoke as he tried to slowly crawl for the gun. Chicago stepped on the man's wrist and bent down. He waved the gun a bit and the man let out a shriek in pain. He knew he had to be quick- the man looked into the barrel of his own gun and for a split second Chicago thought he was going to beg for his life.

"I told them about the trap house over the hair store- how you guys had some poor women being s ploy to your schemes- they'll raid it by morning and all of you will rot in jail" bang bang bang. Chicago shot him then threw the gun down. He checked the time on his watch that was on his left wrist. With 15 minutes to spare. He walked out the front door shutting it behind him and looked around for the dogs- they weren't anywhere close to the house so he just got in the car and Trystan looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"You hit?"

"Am I ever?" Trystan smile and let out a hyena laugh and they drove away from the house.

"You need to empty the trap above the hair store now! Send people to do it now/ get your guys off the street and send them over" he spoke after he relished what the man had said. "Have them do it in the dark most likely they have a cop already over there in a undercover. Send someone a child a women to distract him- make it look serious so he has to get out of his car and get them all to move stuff" he spoke as he took off his gloves and his ski mask.

"Look at you Twans Jr" Trystan said with a small smile he was already typing in numbers off his burner and holding the phone to his ear. When they got back to Trystans trap he took a shower immediately. The best thing was he didn't have to use his own gun so it didn't need to be cleaned or anything. He stood in the shower for quite a bit of time before actually cleaning himself off. Seeing someone's blood leak out of them made you feel dirty. Even if you didn't touch them- he always needed to take a shower after: he got changed into the change of clothes he brought and put everything back into his duffle bag.

"You need a ride back?im gonna go see the cops face when they find nothing" Trystan started and he shook his head.

"I'm good- you stay safe"

"You too Sly" Trystan spoke with an small smile and Chicago rolled his eyes walking out of the trap and back towards his apartment. The walk back wasn't as peaceful as the walk there. It was now daytime so the streets were flooded with people trying to get to work, or class or whenever they had to go at 6 in the morning. By  time he reached the apartment it was a little bit past seven he opened the first door and was greeted with Bishop who looked slightly  confused.

  "Long night?" He asked but Chicago just looked him up and down a bit and what he was doing then back towards the male and shrugged. "Did you eat last night?" The silence between the two was defending and he didn't even know what he did. Why he even felt guilty? Like he was in the wrong. "Chicago?" He looked up at the male who held the door open for him with a tired look on his face. His bags under his eyes darker then usual- his stare wasn't upset or angry- he like exhausted. "Did you sleep last night?" He asked and Chicago just shrugged and motioned for him to get inside. Bishop stepped closer to the male to examine his face and yep- he looked exhausted. His usually golden brown eyes were dull and almost lifeless. Bishop moved hair from his face to get a better look but it only showed a more tired version which his hair hid a little bit.

"I'm good Bishop" his voice was raspy due to his lack of sleep catching up on him. It was low toned like usual but had less energy behind it- not that it ever had much. "How was your date?" Bishop smacked his lips together at the question and looked up at the males tired eyes.

"It wasn't a date" Chicago confirmed but he was close enough to the other males face to see him roll his eyes. "I'm serious"

"You ain't gotta lie to me, I seen da flowers and shit"

"How's your girlfriend by the way?" Bishop asked and Chicago only let out a breath. Someone needed to get by and he pulled bishop closer to him the male stumbled slightly falling into his arms. He looked up at Chicago his scent filling his nostrils. Bishop looked up at him.

  "She's good" Chicago started and Bishop face turned into a frown without him realizing Chicago let out a laugh  and bishop pushed him back a bit walking through the door. "You know I'm playing" he spoke heading to his door to unlock it.

  "You wanna go get breakfast? Since we are both up and shit— I'll pay"

"Ion know bout all that but we can go get something to eat" he walked in his house and motioned for Bishop to follow. He placed his bag in the corner and put his phone on the charger for a bit sitting down to roll up. He needed this blunt.

  "Chicago?" Bishop asked as he rocked back and forth slightly he only hummed in response. "Why does Kenya call you Kaz?" He was being nosey and didn't want the male to ignore his question. "Actually never mind that's not my business"

  "Cause my middle name" he said as he continued rolling. Bishop just made a "o" shaped with his mouth before he sat down. "Why do you ask a question then take it back"

"You don't really tell me stuff about you- I don't want to pry"

"You never asked" Chicago looked up at the male and Bishop thought for a moment then nodded. "Most questions you ask I answer don't I?"

"Yea- you're right, so what's your middle name?" He asked and Chicago only laughed a bit shaking his head.

"Kaizen"

"That's cute- you're name is different like I don't think I met a Chicago before"

"Cause it's ghetto as hell" he spoke  before sealing his blunt. "We can go now" Chicago held his hand out after he got up and once bishop took it he helped him up. Everytime the two were this close Bishop found himself holding his breath- he didn't know why it was just a instinct. Chicago made him nervous, he would already try not to stumble over his words or make a fool out of himself but the way the male looked at him- or effortlessly touched him it was addicting. Chicago easily made you feel like you were special when he would do those things, maybe because he didn't pay attention to most people? Or that he didn't care about most people but when he looked at you. It could make anyone's weak in the knees.

   "Why are you holding your breath?" Chicago whispered into the other boys ear. He leaned in closer and Bishop almost fell backwards Chicago only placed his free hand on his lower back catching him and once again pulling him closer.

"I-I'm not"

"Right okay" Chicago spoke as he looked the male up and down- "Do I make you nervous?" He asked tilting his head a bit.

  "S-sometimes, you're unpredictable"  bishop voice was quiet as he had to force it out. Once again smelling only Chicagos scent he let his body relax into the males arms. He could get use to this.

"Am I?"

"Yes I can never tell what you're thinking- trust me I try- you always look annoyed or bothered and sometimes I think damn- maybe I should leave him alone"

"Is that what you be wanting to do?"

"No" bishop looked at Chicagos lips and then at his eyes, every now and then when he takes he would focus on his lips but try not to make it to obvious.

  "You want something" Chicago hummed, he leaned forward and connected their lips slowly- Bishop felt like he was in a dream, he didn't wait one second to kiss the male back- his soft lips against his own felt like a cloud landed on them. When Chicago pulled away he bite the males lip a bit then nodded. "Was that what you wanted?"he asked and Bishop  just nodded he was trying to slow down his breathing so his mind or body didn't try to go someplace else. "Words Bishop"

"Yea it was" he spoke shot and Chicago nodded.

"Should've just said that- come on let's go get some food"

.....

- ever since the last chapter the tik tok song "real delu delu yelling out my man" has been in my fucking head. Cause that's what Kenya is giving.

-yk my babies deserved that little kiss, I keep writing this story cause later a lot finna happen and y'all gonna be like BITCHH. & imma be like 😏😏😏.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

595K 28K 56
-COMPLETED- As if being the Sheriff's son wasn't stressful enough, he had to go fall, and get knocked up by Lakewood notorious bad boy who used to be...
5.2K 238 34
BDSM was not the lifestyle Dakota Moore had in mind. He had spent most of his teenage career running away from orphanages and taking care of his home...
54.9K 4.6K 52
"Please stop this, I am married," Yibo said in a shaky voice, hoping for the other person to stop, as he weakly touched his shoulders and tried to pu...
Mine By Kate

Romance

268K 6.8K 65
" what's wrong," he asked, fucking tears, now I have to answer him " nothing I'm fine," I said he scoffed " I didn't ask are you okay but obviously y...