Girl Crush

By obxfan11227

Madelyn Cline recently broke up with her boyfriend. She's looking to focus on herself and bounce back from th... More

Characters
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20

Part 1

891 25 0
By obxfan11227

MADELYN

💌

Madelyn sat on the bed in her dark apartment. Her golden locks were thrown into a messy bun on the back of her head. She sighed and rubbed her eyes tiredly as her phone began to ring. It was Jackson, her boyfriend. Madelyn was finally going to do it this time, she was going to call it off. It wasn't working anymore, in fact it hadn't been working for a while. She was in Los Angeles and he was in Miami at the moment, but it wasn't just the distance that kept their relationship from thriving. He hadn't seemed to care about her these past few months, and she needed him, she loved him.

Madelyn answered the phone and brought it up to her ear, her heart beating faster by the second.

"Hi." She said softly, her voice shaking slightly.

"Hey babe, how was your day?" Jackson asked, as if he didn't know he did anything wrong.

Madelyn took a deep breath and moved a few stray hairs out of her face; she ignored his question.

"I need to talk to you about something." She said.

"Ok..." Jackson replied hesitantly.

She wanted to feel confident, but she couldn't. Madelyn felt bad about this situation even though she knew she shouldn't of. She deserved better, and better was not something that Jackson was capable of giving her.

"I can't do this anymore." Madelyn said.

There was silence on the other end. She waited anxiously for his response as she dug her long nails into her palm.

"What do you mean?" He asked, finally breaking the awkward silence.

"I'm breaking up with you." Madelyn replied.

"Mads, wait-" He said before she interrupted him.

"You don't get to call me that anymore." She said frustratedly, referring to her nickname.

"Maddie, I'm sorry." Jackson pleaded with her.

"It's too late. You really hurt me. Where have you even been these past months? Just ignoring me?" She said all in one breath. He tried to butt in but she didn't allow him. "You obviously need time to figure your own shit out, and I deserve better." She said.

"I deserve better." Madelyn repeated, her voice breaking.

"I'm sorry." Was all he said.

She knew he wouldn't say much or own up to any of his mistakes, but it still broke her heart. Madelyn really thought that he could be better, but he wasn't willing to fight for her, and she was finally done.

She hung up the phone and laid face down on her pillow, allowing the emotions to come out. Madelyn was exhausted, being in that relationship really took a toll on her physical and mental wellbeing, it was finally time to focus on herself. Her tears wet the pillow below her.

Madelyn's phone chimed. For a moment, she thought it could be Jackson. She was still holding onto the last bits of hope that he could change and be better. But it wasn't him.

It was her best friend Caroline, whom she called Caro.

Caro🤓

I'm coming over in an hour to get ready. What are you wearing??

Maddie💗

I'm not going

Caro🤓

Why? It's gonna be fun

Maddie💗

I just broke up with Jackson

Madelyn's phone rang.

"You broke up with him?" Caro asked worriedly.

"Mm-hm." Madelyn mumbled, trying not to cry again.

"I'm so sorry Mads." She said.

"It's ok." Madelyn replied.

"I think you might feel better if we go tonight. You can forget about him and have some fun." She proposed.

"I really don't want to. I feel like shit."

"Exactly. I'll come over soon and we can get dressed up, put makeup on, drink a little, get you laid, and you know the rest."

Madelyn scoffed.

"Please, Maddie? It'll help you get over him..." Caro said.

She thought about it for a moment. "Ok, fine. But I'm not fucking anyone tonight." She replied sternly.

"We'll see about that."

They were planning to go to their friend Odessa's party. Not only was she a good friend to Madelyn, she was Drew's girlfriend, Madelyn's co-star. She loved hanging out with all of them, but didn't want to ruin the night with her moodiness. She hoped Caro could help her feel better and make her laugh.

Caro arrived soon after with two bottles of tequila.

"I'm so sorry babe." She said as Madelyn answered the door. They hugged for a while, and Madelyn appreciated Caro's support.

"Thank you." Madelyn whispered.

"Let's get ready, ok? It's gonna be fun, I promise." Caro reassured her.

"It better be." Madelyn replied. She went to her bathroom to start putting on makeup and that's when she noticed the dried mascara all over her face from the tears.

"Fuck." She whispered while wiping it away.

"I'm coming in...with shots!" Caro shouted from behind the closed door.

Both girls took two shots and Caro put on lively music as they got ready. Madelyn wore a black mini dress and her Doc Martens, a go-to party outfit of hers. Caro promised Madelyn that she would take her home whenever Madelyn wanted to leave, in an Uber of course.

They arrived at Odessa's house, and it was crowded. She didn't recognize most people, but everyone looked like they could be famous...it was LA after all.

Caro immediately spotted one of her friends when they arrived. She invited Madelyn to hang out with them, but she didn't want to. It was loud and she was feeling claustrophobic. Madelyn could feel the beat of the music in her chest and she began to panic. Caro was a great friend to her, but she was distracted and drunk at the moment, and she couldn't find Odessa or Drew. Madelyn squeezed her way through a sea of dancing drunk people until she found an empty bathroom. She closed the door and sat on the toilet lid, letting her head fall into her hands. A few tears dripped onto her palms. All of the emotions from earlier were coming back. Even though Madelyn was slightly tipsy, she didn't feel like partying, she just wanted to go home and cry.

Suddenly, the bathroom door swung open. She must've forgot to lock it. Madelyn gasped quietly. In flew a beautiful woman; She was slim and her long dark hair fell perfectly into place. Madelyn recognized her, but she didn't know from where.

"Oh fuck! Sorry." The woman said drunkly, shielding her eyes, assuming Madelyn was peeing.

"No, it's ok." Madelyn said, quickly attempting to wipe away her tears.

The woman locked the door behind her after noticing Madelyn's shaky tone of voice.

"Are you ok?" She asked, looking over at the crying girl on the toilet. Her face then lit up. "Oh my god, I know you! You're Sarah Cameron!"

Madelyn chuckled. "That's me. I'm Maddie."

"I'm Gracie. Sorry, I'm pretty drunk." She slurred.

"No way...you're Gracie Abrams." Madelyn replied, realizing how she recognized the woman.

"Yeah, oh I remember your name now, Madelyn Cline, right?" Gracie checked.

"Yeah."

"Why are you crying?" Gracie asked, approaching Madelyn.

"It's nothing."

"No it's not...What's wrong?"

Madelyn sighed. "I broke up with my boyfriend today."

"Sorry, that sucks. He probably didn't deserve you. You're fucking gorgeous." Gracie said.

Madelyn giggled. "Says you." She teased, noting the elegance and natural beauty of Gracie.

Gracie knelt down in front of the toilet and placed her hands on Madelyn's knees. She immediately felt comforted.

"You are so pretty." Gracie said.

"Thank you!" Madelyn replied shyly.

"Seriously, like wow. I can't-" Gracie said before she was hit with a wave of nausea.

"You ok?" Madelyn asked.

Gracie's face turned pale. Madelyn quickly got off the toilet and opened the lid to allow Gracie to throw up if she needed to. Gracie gagged and hung her head in the toilet bowl. Madelyn stood behind the sick girl and gathered her dark hair in her hands.

"You're ok." Madelyn reassured her while rubbing Gracie's back.

They stayed in that position for a few minutes until Gracie threw up everything in her stomach.

"I'll get you some water, stay here." Madelyn said as she handed Gracie a few sheets of toilet paper to wipe her face with. Madelyn closed the door behind her and made her way to the kitchen to find a cup. She could barely make it through, there were so many people, all drunk. She was probably the most sober person there.

When Madelyn finally returned with a cup of ice water, the bathroom was empty. She felt a tinge of disappointment. It was Gracie Abrams that has just called her pretty and gorgeous moments before. Madelyn was flattered and even though Gracie was very sick and drunk, there was something about her that she really liked.

After her smile faded, Madelyn stood in the bathroom feeling more alone than ever. She received a text from Caro and responded. Caro seemed very drunk as well.

Caro🤓

where are you maddieeeee

Maddie💗

I'm ordering an uber. I'm tired.

Caro🤓

Maddie I love u im downstairs I wanna hug you

Maddie💗

I'll call you tomorrow. Lmk if you need help getting home tn, love you

Madelyn made her way outside and felt like she could finally breathe. She got into her Uber and leaned against the window. She immediately got into bed after arriving at her apartment, more exhausted than before. Madelyn closed her eyes, but couldn't stop thinking about her interaction with Gracie. She was confused as to what she was feeling. A crush? No, it couldn't possibly be, Madelyn had never felt that way with girls. But Gracie was different.

• • • •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 375 22
Mia Predergrast has been crushing on Joanna McIntosh, a popular art student at school, since she knew her. But what she didn't know was that her cru...
69.9K 2.9K 57
"I really want to kiss you right now." "Then do it." "I can't." -- In which Gracie Abrams watches Stranger things and ends up stalking the newest cas...
2.7K 112 12
"๐™ˆ๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ง๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ข๐™š, ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™›๐™š๐™š๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š," ึดึถึธ ๐“‚ƒห–หณยทห– ึดึถึธ โ‹†โ˜…โ‹† ึดึถึธห–ยทหณห–๐“‚ƒ ึดึถึธ Singer and song...
491K 17.3K 34
Gracie Slater and Colleen Witzel couldn't be more different. Gracie was the popular cheerleader and Colleen was the shy weird girl hated by all. To...