His Coco

By choobeibi

Ailee ate her ice cream licking every bit of it and then Xavier pushed his cup infront of her. She looked con... More

prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
!please read!
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
Epilogue♡
ANNOUNCEMENT!

chapter 38

14.7K 487 72
By choobeibi

"Fuck" he cursed.

She panicked and hit him on his forearm repeatedly.
"Zai turn around! Turn around!"

He was calm about the whole situation but the stress in her voice made him comply and immediately take action.
The quick cornering of the car caused her to jerk sideways but he held her shoulder with one hand so that she wouldn't hurt herself and stopped the car when they were not in sight anymore.

"Coco we could've got into an accident." he said, sighing and turned to look at her for any injuries.

" I'm sorry but I would not have been able to explain to them so suddenly" she said in a feeble voice. She was aware of how dangerous it was, panicking like that while he was driving, but he handled it so well that it didn't look like a big deal.

"This is one of the many reasons you shouldn't keep it from your family. Take your time but you'll have to think and try for it baby" he said and tucked her hairs behind her ear and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

" I will. I promise" she said and wrapped her arms around his neck.

" Hmm let's go now" he got out and opened the door for her.

" I'll drop you nearby" he said, taking her hand and leading them ahead.

She waddled behind him guiltily. He was trying so hard to prove himself in front of her family, though they don't know about them yet and here she was, being a baby and not gathering enough courage to talk it out with her family.

It does sound stupid to her as well but she can't help what she was feeling. The thought of confrontation and the questions that would follow, made her anxious.

What if they fight and go their separate ways?
What if he stops liking her and finds a new girl, a better girl?
What if she fails to become a perfect partner?
What if he-

"Coco, darling" she flinched when he shook her shoulders gently.

"Hmm? Sorry I was- I was just thinking about something" she murmured and looked around to find that they've reached.

"Not thinking but overthinking. You need to give your little head some rest. It's going to be alright. We're going to be alright" he said, burying her head in his chest.

Her eyes widened hearing him reassure her like that. Can he read her mind? How did he know she was thinking about them?

Nevertheless, she managed to smile genuinely at his sweetness and nodded like a toddler who just got the answer to her curious question.

"Now hurry inside. I have somewhere to be" he ushered her forward after kissing her small fists.

With a small smile she walked up to her house and still found her family lingering outside.

"Lily! Honey, why are you coming alone?" her mother asked and her smile shrank.

"My friend had to go somewhere so he dropped me there" she pointed at the back with her thumb.

" Ah, next time make sure to invite him for lunch or dinner. I would love to meet your friend"

" I will, " she nodded.

" Oh and there's been calls from your school mates since yesterday on my number" she said and gave her phone to a baffled Ailee.

She had many friends in school. Like anyone, junior or senior, could easily pass as her friend but she still kept to herself even after being so popular.

Why are they suddenly calling her now?

"I'll talk to them now but, why are you all here outside?" They all slowly started walking back to the house and Alex and Iris were already inside.

" Oh Damien came by so we were just seeing him off. Then he came back again because he left his wallet here" she said happily.

"I highly doubt that was the only reason he came back for like he and Em were in the kitchen alone for five minutes. Bro how long does it take to pick up something from a damn table?" Gigi whispered in her ear.

" Giiiii I heard you! " Emma said, slapping her back jokingly.

" I don't care," she replied.

Entering inside, they all dispersed.

Ailee strolled in her garden enjoying the cool and windy weather while calling back the number that was saved as 'Lily School'

"Hello," Came a girly voice laced with a heavy Scottish accent.

She immediately knew it was Evie, her close friend. Only Evie and Grace, her sister, had that accent in Ailee's class.

"Hi Evie, how are you?" she asked, smiling.

" Oh God, finally Ailee. I thought I would never get to talk to you" she said with a tinch of exhaustion in her voice.

" Uh I was umm out" she ran her fingers along the soft surface of the petals of the colorful flowers and replied.

" Yeah I heard. Also I only had your mother's number from school so say sorry to her for bothering her so much"

" It's okay, she doesn't mind."

" She's the best. So the great occasion for this urgency is..... Grace's wedding!" she exclaimed with joy.

" Wow, that's amazing. When is it?" she asked, genuinely drowning in happiness for her friend.

"In two weeks. I'll come to deliver the card myself very soon. You'll have to come"

"I wouldn't miss it. I promise"

"Great. I gotta go now. It was nice hearing from you so please stay in touch always"

" I'll try to. Take care" she said and hung up the phone.

Evie and Grace both are siblings and Ailee was the closest to them but then they shifted to other countries for higher studies and lost contact.

She was only reached out by her other mates when they wanted to know about the vacancies in her father's company or whenever they conducted some random reunions.

Once she was ready to go to a reunion but when they added her to the group chat, she got anxious and insecure of all the people who were talking like they usually do now....... inclusion of curses and dirty talk....... so she politely declined.

She knew the majority of them would be there at the wedding as Grace was kind of popular and because she made a drunken promise to invite them all at her knot-day.

Sighing, she went inside. She brought her art supplies to the balcony and painted a beautiful scene of her garden which she has previously done numerous times but there is always some difference in the flowers, the trees, clouds and other objects around.

___

Heavy footsteps echoed in the dark hallways as he made his way to the security room with a thick metal door.

Two guards, with grave expression, were stationed outside and one of them immediately opened the door for him.

He entered with long strides and sat on the chair behind the desk.

"Show me" he commanded with his usual gruff voice.

The man on the computer played the video files in which two men seemed to follow him everywhere he went.

But they also stopped the day before he went on the date with Ailee.

Thank Lord.

"We ran a check on their number plates sir but those were fake. We are hoping to get a clearer view of their faces from the surveillance cameras of the places that are yet to send their files in."

" I don't want hope, I want a clear and perfect answer. Were they behind me when I was on my personal schedule?"

"Not all the time sir. Fortunately they only stayed a far distance from you so as to not get caught." Enzo replied, knowing what his boss' concerns were.

" And no they are not following someone else, rest assured." Xavier hummed in approval at his efficiency.

"What was the other thing?" He asked, turning towards Enzo.

He hesitated at first then sent all the other people outside for the conversation that was going to take place now.

"Sir the person who has been troubling Miss Ailee matched with the person Dino was talking to frequently according to the data we found in his phone."

He froze hearing that for a second. So it is related to him somehow. His worry was justified.

" Search for more and let me know, " he said and walked out.

He dialed Luka's number on his way and waited for him to pick up the call while settling at the back of his car.

"Hi mama" he said, soon after accepting the call.

"I need you to check something for me"
he said in all seriousness.

" Okay.... where are you right now?"

" Den"

" Hmm then you can come to my place and we'll discuss it here" he suggested.

" Alright" he hung up the call and instructed his driver to take him to Luka's house.

___

"Romano, this is serious," Luka said, gulping his beer.

He knows.

Xavier didn't reply, instead kept staring in space.

It happens very rarely, him being challenged.

Before he was not sure if all the things happening to him are also somehow connected to the unknown stalker of Ailee but now that it was confirmed that his little piece of chocolate is already entangled in this, he would go on a killing spree if any harm comes to her.

"What do you plan to do now?" He asked.

" Find the fuckers" he murmured and pressed the bridge of his nose in annoyance.

"Yeah genius, no shit, but how?"

"Just get me the man Dino informed about"

He was leaning back on the couch and his phone kept vibrating again and again.
With a frustrated sigh, he aggressively checked his phone and soon his anger dissipated.

Those were some mirror selfies sent by his little baby who was shopping for her friend's wedding.

'Which one?'
Said the caption.

He looked through the pictures carefully and picked a beautiful off shoulder white dress that had the upper layer of net. It suited her the best, complimenting her beauty and innocence perfectly.

'Thank you bubba. Loved it' came her immediate reply and he put his phone down to hear what Luka was saying.

"What about Igor? Is it his doing?"

"I don't fucking know. If it is, I will kill him with my bare hands. He has prolonged his existence for more than necessary."

"Hmm I will look into it personally. You take care of yourself and Coco" he said and on cue Amara, his girlfriend, entered.

"Ailee, her name is Ailee" Xavier grumbled, not at all liking the fact he was calling his girl by the nickname he has given.

"Who is Ailee, Romano?" she asked, putting the pizza on the table.

"His choco-pie," Luka whispered.

He hit him on his head.

"Ow bit-" he rubbed his head.

"I am sitting right here" he said, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Yeah on my sofa. I can see that"

" That is amazing. I would love to meet her" Amara gushed while joining her hands.

" I'll bring her over later," he said and stood up.

" Bye Zai, love you, muah muah" Luka said, passing him loud flying kisses.

Xavier closed his eyes in pure annoyance and looked at Amara.

"Take care" he said and left.

"Didn't even eat the pizza huh" Luka murmured while taking a bite.

" More for us, come on baby"

➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷

232k+
Thank you so much 😭❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

324K 10K 25
I shrunk back into my seat as his head snapped towards me. He looked like his head was going to fall off. His eyes were blazing with rage. His face w...
733 9 35
The girl screamed, as Joey was punched in the mouth. By the best. "You. Are. Crazy!" Joey screamed, in my face. I sat still, crossing my arms. I had...
1.2M 26K 99
Lia I'm a sucker for romance, especially romance in novels because let's be honest, love like that doesn't exist in reality. Yet, he makes me feel a...
47.7K 1K 51
[Completed but Editing/rewriting] 🐎🐎Hold your horses for just a bit🐎🐎 ‼️READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ‼️ 🔴🔴🔴This isn't my...