𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 | 𝐋𝐢𝐥 𝐃𝐮𝐫𝐤

By asapebony

" I got a habit and I like that you don't judge me And it's so fucked up that I'm glad to be a junkie" More

Intro • Cast
1 •
2 •
4 •
5 •
6 •
7 •
8 •
9 •
10 •
11 •
12 •
13 •
14 •
15 •
16 •
17 •
18 •
19 •
20 •

3•

1.2K 66 8
By asapebony

Justice

"I hear you Mom, I'm fine and the building replaced the key fob for me so chill out. You buggin' for no reason right now" I rolled my eyes listening to how she kept going on and on about my safety. I swear she acts like if you lose a key somebody would know exactly which building and apartment it would belong to. I had my key fob replaced and Car key replaced all within a week.

Walking out of my closet, I set my phone down beside me and put it on speaker so I could slip on my Givenchy Shark lock boots. Tonight Dessi was having a get together for her birthday at a rented Airnbnb in the suburbs.

"Yuh need fi call mi more" She ranted switch back and forth between her accents letting her Jamaica roots take over. She only did that when she was deadass serious about a situation and when speaking to family members.

"Okay I'll call you later, I promise. I love you goodbye" I hung up and let out a loud sigh, if it wasn't my dad it was her nagging me. I need them to realize I was way too grown for this and would appreciate it if they put this energy towards Zoey she's the one who is a minor doing whatever she wants to do.

After spraying on some perfume I looked at the time that flashed across my lock screen and cursed to myself. "I'm running late" Going into the closet I picked out my red Givenchy Antigona hand bag that matched the boots. Double checking to make sure I locked my front door I got onto the elevator and pressed the button leading to the private garage.

I heard my phone ringing I knew it couldn't be anyone else but Dessi. I waited until I was fully into the driver's seat of my car to check my phone. I bit my bottom lip while contemplating if I should return the call to the last person I wanted to hear from right now. That was until I seen his contact flash across my screen again.

"Fuck it" I answered the phone and waited until it was quiet on his end since it sounds like he was at a party. I took that time to go to the Google Maps and put in the address Dessi sent me.

"Damn stranger what's up?" His voice irritated me so much yet made my heart flutter.

I laughed and focused on the road while heading out onto the street leading towards the expressway. "What do you want Jay?"

it was silent on his side of the line for a while before he spoke up "I just wanted to hear your voice Justice, Im coming to Chicago soon and want to see you"

I shook my head as if he could see me through the phone "I don't know Jason I'm super busy with school and it's so much going on" I attempted to express some excuses but I knew he wasn't buying it.

"That's Cap Justice but it's cool"

"Fine, I'll see just let me know ahead of time when you are coming here so I can tell you if im busy or not" I gave in. It was going to be hard to completely let Jason out of my life he's been there for some of the biggest moments in my life. He knows some things that Dessi didn't even know. After having this brief conversation with him, I was happy when the call ended. Pulling into the neighborhood where Dessi was having her party. I looked around at all the cars parked around the house curious as to how she even knew this many people in Chicago.

Pulling into the driveway there was a open spot next to Dessi's car, since most of the other car's were parked on the street. I cut the engine of my 2022 Range Rover Velar and just sat in the car for a while going onto Instagram and clicking on the stories of people from back home. I came across Jay's story.

@JayCritch 18s

aside from him scamming and being in the streets, we shared one passion that we've supported each other with and that was music. He used to rap all the time when we were younger. He grew up listening to his brother rap and went to all of his battle raps. Until his brother stopped all of a sudden. Jay then just focused on basketball in high school as his get away.

I was very happy to see him finally getting himself out there and making music for the world to hear. Me on the other hand was still very personal about my passion. Although my dad was a singer it would be so hard for me to come out as a rapper/singer my anxiety and nerves always made me turn down the opportunity each time.

A knock at on my passenger side window made me quickly look up from my phone.
"Brooooklyn" Von said smiling. I laughed and got out of the car hitting the lock button on the fob.

"You're irritating Dayvon" I walked around the front of the car and gave him a side hug.

"Why you don't just call me Von like everybody else" he looked at me with a straight face.

"Because I'm not everybody else duh!" I playfully pushed his shoulder "Where is Dessire?" I looked around seeing a few people outside standing by their cars talking and drinking while everybody else was inside.

"She in there drunk as hell man" He looked down at his phone "This her right now asking me to come get her"

Seeing that same Trackhawk from two weeks ago approach the driveway I quickly turned towards the entrance of the house "It's okay I'll go get her just bring up some water" I opened the door and waved my hand in front of me to push back the clouds of smoke that now filled the air.

Some of the faces I could remember from campus and the rest I've never seen before. I went straight up the spiral stairs and looked left and right once I got to the top. I went to the left side of the house first going to each and every room looking for Dessi. I then to the other side of the house and finally seen her sitting in the bathroom at the edge of the tub facing the toilet. "Hey boo, are you okay?"

I closed the door behind me and sat my purse on the sink so I could sit next to her.

"Yes, I'm fine J I just need some water and to throw up. I should've eaten something earlier" She replied while holding her head down.

"You know better than to be drinking without eating Dessi, I told Von to bring some water upstairs and here" I adjusted her shoulder so she was now sitting up straight "Let your body react and let it come up naturally don't hunch over it's not going to make you feel better"

"I'll be right back" I stood up and went headed downstairs into the kitchen. It was crowded as hell I guess this was the meeting spot for the smokers. I squeezed through a few of them and went to the refrigerator. I didn't mind walking through crowds of people, this was normal for anybody from New York.

After grabbing two water bottles I closed the fridge door and seen those same big brown eyes and blonde ass locs I was surely trying to avoid seeing. He was leaning against the counter while a girl stood in front of him, her back pressed against his chest. He nodded at me and I returned the same nod and quickly tried to make my way back out the kitchen. That was until I felt someone pull on my arm. I looked back and raised a eyebrow, He was actually cute. "Wassup?"

I tilted my head to the side a little "I know you?" I asked while looking down at his hand that was still touching me.

"Shit you can, whats your name?" He let go of my arm.

"Justice"

"Justice and Muwop. That shit sound good together don't it?" He smiled.

I put my finger to my chin and pretending like I was thinking about it "Hmm nah I've heard better" I turned back around to walk away but was pulled back again. "You got beef or something you keep touching me" I now had a slight attitude.

"Aye chill out Bronx" Dayvon came over just before Muwop was about to get disrespectful. He put his arm around my shoulder "Aye get off that, she cool as hell" He nodded at Muwop who waved him off.

"Don't mind him, he just mad because his girl left him today" Von laughed and Muwop scrunched up his face. "She ain't leave shit I bet she come running back tonight"

I rolled my eyes "I don't care who left him. Tell him keep his hands to himself before I beat his ass"

"You so damn mean Harlem" Dayvon laughed.

"Here you go with the names move man" I laughed and went back upstairs to the bathroom. I'm sure Dessi was probably sleep now. Pushing the bathroom door open I was surprised she was at the sink rinsing her mouth as she just finished brushing her teeth. Her mood changed she was happy now, I could see across her face. "Okay I'm ready to finish partying. I just needed to throw up" She took one of the water bottles out of my hands and chugged it down.

My phone that rested on the sink near Dessi lit up with a message notification. She picked it up and rolled her eyes handing it to me "I thought you said you were done talking to him?" She referred to Jay. She didn't like Jay for some reason. I understand being a protective friend and standing up for me but I felt like she hated him more than I did which was a little weird to me.

"He called earlier to check on me. That's all" I grabbed my purse and put my phone inside of it. I watched as she walked past me leaving the bathroom "Whatever J, you know that I care so much because I know that I'm the one that's going to be there when he breaks your heart again"

I didn't respond I instead shook off what she just said. It was her birthday and the last thing I wanted to do was argue with my Bestfriend. I went back downstairs and found a open spot in the living room. I pulled out my vape and hit it a few times before putting it back in my purse. I would hate to have to tear this place apart if I lost it.

I pretty much stayed in this same spot for the remaining of the party. As soon as the crowd completely died down there wasn't really anyone else in the house besides Von and his homies. Including the flock of girls that were desperately trying to get their attention.

"Okay yall don't have to go home but yall have to get out of here. I'm tired" Dessi said while standing on the kitchen island.

"Man get the fuck down" Von looked up at her and helped her off of the island.

I stood up stretching slightly since I was in the same spot for a while. Following the remaining people that was now leaving the house. Dessi found her way to my side and latched her arm around mine "Don't worry about the mess. I'm having a cleaning crew come pick everything up in a few hours" She said while closing the front door and putting in the code to make sure it was locked. "Im riding with you Justice, I want to do brunch tomorrow"

I nodded and looked at the time on my phone and the missed call notification. Clicking on the notification I started to return the call to Zoey while leaning against my car. A few people were still here now playing music and talking by their cars.

"Justice, thank god you called back. I messed up" Zoey spoke into the phone.

"What did you do?" I closed my eyes it was always something with her and me being the big sister that I am, always found a way to help.

"I crashed mom's new car" she said.

I quickly opened my eyes "Zoey! Wah you a call me fah?" Similar to my mother my patois was strong when I was mad.

"Because I needed your help. I wasn't even supposed to be driving it and I mean they come back in like six days. Please Justice"

Sighing I seen Durk approaching me. "I'll see what I can do and if Jay knows any mechanics out there tomorrow"

"Okay thank you!"

"Yea whatever" I pulled the phone away from my ear and smiled. "Wassup?"

He held my old key ring in his hand "You left these"

I took them from him "Thanks but I already replaced them" I walked around to the driver side of the car "Late ass" I said with a light smile so he knew I was joking.

"Aye she done fa' you about to take her home?" Von leaned on the passenger side window shaking his head at Dessi who was sound asleep.

"Yeah I'm about to bring her to my house so I can bring her back in the morning to get her car" I hopped in and rolled my window down "Can I help you sir?" I looked at Durk who was close to the driver's side window

"Aye what you on with my brother?" Von asked laughing.

"Your brother has a girl so im confused why he all close to me" I started my car up.

Durk smirked "You right I do have a girl. Let me use your phone real quick so I can call her my phone dead as hell" he held up his phone showing a black screen.

I smacked my lips "Why would you want to call your girl from another woman's phone?"

"Just dial the number for me she too fine to be insecure and shit"

"Whatever and if she try to curse me out it's gone be a problem" I pulled my phone out and dialed in every number he said. Once the line started to ring he reached in his back pocket pulling out another phone that was ringing. "See, my girl calling right now" He smiled and walked off leaving me shocked at how he just finessed his way into getting my number. Truthfully he didn't even have to do all of that because I would've gave it to him willingly.

~~~

I'll definitely be more consistent with updates for this book.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75K 1.6K 19
"Her pussy just like glue, it got me stuck Changed who I was." -KV
61.8K 1.9K 28
𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝖻𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗂𝗇 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝖻𝖾𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾? - 𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓 -𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘
62.8K 2K 32
𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃 - 𝙃𝙀 𝙒𝘼𝙎 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙊𝙉𝙇𝙔 𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙎𝙃𝙀 𝙏𝙍𝙐𝙇𝙔 𝘿𝙀𝙎𝙄𝙍𝙀𝘿. © 2023 | 𝙆𝙖𝙢𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙂𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩
65.9K 800 28
𝑨 𝒍𝒐𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒈𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒈𝒐, 𝑯𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒆𝒎, 𝑩𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒙... 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒍𝒊𝒍 𝒅𝒖𝒓𝒌, 𝒅𝒅 𝑶�...