Oshi no Ko X Tensura

By StaciaPLE

Through fate and destiny, an upcoming Idol called Hoshino Ai got pregnant with triplets. A shocking revelatio... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Siblings
Chapter 2 - Acting
Chapter 3 - Disappointment
Chapter 4 - Superstar
Chapter 5 - Inherited Will
Chapter 6 - The Downfall?
Chapter 7 -The Spotlight
Chapter 8 - The Spotlight II
Chapter 9 - My Star
Chapter 10 - My Star II
Chapter 11 - Opportunity
Chapter 12 - Opportunity II
Chapter 14 - Rising Star II

Chapter 13 - Rising Star I

3.8K 163 33
By StaciaPLE

A three-Michelin-star restaurant had enough glamor and prestige to it that even the best celebrities would feel out of place. This restaurant in particular was owned by one of the most popular chefs in the world.

Rimuru felt excited to be able to enter much less dine in this establishment. However, it would be bad if she started acting like a child now. Frill was calm and composed, as usual. Rimuru thought to follow her example. 

"The food here looks very expensive, I don't know if I'll be able to afford a glass of water."

"Hahaha, you have a great sense of humor, Rimuru."

Frill laughed at Rimuru's supposed 'joke'. Rimuru didn't feel like she was joking at all. Rimuru only brought enough money for a taxi ride home. Frill would never know Rimuru was serious since Rimuru had mimicked her calm demeanor. 

"You're here! Take a seat!"

A young man that looked like he was in his mid-20s greeted them energetically. He had funky hair and wore shades. Overall, Rimuru thought he was a DJ from his attire alone. Is this guy the producer Frill talked about?

"Thank you."

Frill and Rimuru sat down. Their table was rather large for a 3-person meeting. Rimuru was uncomfortable sitting down in such a luxurious seat. As evident from Rimuru's expression, she had never been in a restaurant as luxurious as this.

Why?

"You really do resemble your mother, Rimuru-san." 

The man observed Rimuru's face and noted she looked a lot like Ai. "Well, believe it or not, Ai is my mother." Rimuru's response was blunt.

The man wasn't surprised when he heard. "I know. I was there when your mother had that press about her secret. I gotta say, it was hilarious how she lowered her head all the time."

The man's words seemed to intentionally provoke Rimuru. Rimuru didn't react, however. She kept up a smile and laughed along with the Director. An uncanny response from the teen left the Director intrigued. 

"What has your Mom been up to ever since she retired?"

"I have no obligation to say."

It was a series of personal questions and a series of immediate rejections. The Director kept asking Rimuru about Ai's personal life, but Rimuru answered none of them. The way Rimuru was handling the Director seemed like she'd been through a situation like this for years.

"A tough cookie... Were you secretly acting and taking on another identity?" 

"No. I just know how to deal with people like you."

The Director was rather amazed at how Rimuru perfectly avoided his questions. Rimuru seemed less and less a teen and more of an adult the more she talked to him. The reason he tried to rile up a reaction from Rimuru was related to the role he was offered.

"Excellent. I love it. You will be perfect as 'Saber Alter'. I look forward to your performance."

"Uhm, thanks...?"

Frill stopped observing and decided to explain.

"I'm sorry, Rimuru-san. Director Seiji Kishi likes to do this often. I hope you can forgive his attitude earlier." 

Frill lowered her head in an apology.

"It's nothing, I'm used to this kind of stuff. Plus, I'm glad he deems me acceptable enough to take on the role."

Frill looked at Rimuru and smiled. "How mature of you. Why don't we discuss our roles after we eat? This is our treat, so feel free to order whatever."

And so, Rimuru and Frill along with Director Seiji had a lengthy discussion about the Promotional Video. To summarize, Rimuru and Frill were required to be physically fit since they'll be wielding heavy props. Rimuru especially. Since it was a fight scene, naturally they had to fight using some form of martial arts. Both actors said it wasn't a problem and they could do it. Director Seiji didn't ask any further and trusted the two.

Director Seiji didn't have much trouble assessing the two's capabilities. Frill told him Rimuru's acting level was the same as hers, so he kept that in mind during this entire conversation.

"The only thing you two need to keep in mind is...."

***

"We're gonna be late, Rimuru!" 

"I'm coming, wait up! And don't yell at me!" 

Aqua yelled across the hallway. Rimuru's figure started to appear as soon as she approached the sunlight's reach. Ruby was beside Rimuru every step of the way, casually admiring her sister's appearance in her school uniform. 

"Ruby, make her hurry up. You'll be late as well, you know?"

"I don't mind as long as I go to school together with her."

Aqua looked dumbfounded. He massaged his temples and opened the door. After a few minutes, they arrived at the school. Aqua in particular looked distressed knowing he'd be late to his very first day in class. 

"We'll talk later, Rimuru, Ruby. Go to your class."

Rimuru had a feeling Aqua was going to scold her on their next break. For now, Rimuru and Ruby rushed toward their classroom. Their classroom was in sight, but there was another girl who was walking in the hallway as well. Rimuru recognized the girl.

"Oh, Frill! What a coincidence!"

Ruby had a shocked expression when she heard that, "Do you know her, sister?!"

"No time to explain, let's get into class." Rimuru moved her head straight and noticed Frill was waiting for them to catch up. 

"Are we classmates, perhaps?" asked Frill.

"Are we?!" Rimuru and Ruby looked shocked by the sudden thought. To be classmates with one of the most popular stars in the Industry was a feat worth bragging about by itself. Frill, Rimuru, and Ruby reached the classroom. 

Frill opened the door without hesitation.

"Excuse me, I had to go on Live TV for a promo this morning. I do wish I could've attended the entrance ceremony."

The class went silent the moment they saw Frill. Gazes of admiration and awe directed towards Frill made it difficult for Rimuru and Ruby to enter right after her. Unnecessary pressure and attention were the way of the world for stars like Frill.

"Uhm, I'm also with a friend. Are there two... no, three seats free?"

Rimuru's pressure rose immensely. Lady, introducing me as a friend right off the bat? Are you crazy?! 

***

If I didn't know any better, I'd say this was one hell of a situation. The most popular student in our school (probably) introduced me as her friend. This is a tough situation to navigate, even for me. I was planning on taking it easy the first few days in school, but who'd have thought we'd run into Shiranui?

"Uhm, I'm Rimuru. Nice to meet you." 

I could only blandly say my name in front of expectant gazes. Rather than feeling embarrassed, I feel like this was a prank. It couldn't be. Shiranui-san doesn't have that side to her, right?

Ruby barely introduced herself and hid behind me, and it's probably from the gazes our classmates were giving us with Shiranui beside us. Trust me, I had a lot of these gazes when I first met her too, so I can totally understand Ruby's feelings right now.

In the end, Ruby sat in the corner of the room near the window. Meanwhile, Shiranui and I sat in the back row a seat away from Ruby. Ruby seemed to immediately become friendly with her seatmate whose name was Minami Kotobuki... damn those are huge.

My bad. You can't fault my eyes for wandering.

I felt a finger tapping me on my shoulder. I look to my right and see Shiranui-san looking right at me. "D-Do you need anything...?" 

"We have free time after homeroom, do you wanna hang out?"

It was hard to swallow this situation. I wanna laugh but I can't. "I'm meeting with my brother after this, are you fine with that?"

Shiranui-san gave me the thumbs up. "Yes. It'll give me the opportunity to apologize to your brother which I couldn't do before." Her expression and her gestures were too far apart. I wanna laugh so badly. Shiranui's private personality is quite adorable.

"You seem amused. Do tell."

"Well, I was just thinking how adorable your private self is." 

Oh crap, I didn't mean to say that. She's gonna think I'm a creep. Frill's expression was unamused from what I can gather. That's one way to mess up a conversation. I learned these lessons back when I was Satoru, but I barely remember them now. The only faces I can remember from back then are the faces of sly old men. 

After classes had ended, Ruby introduced me to her new friend. It's weird how I barely heard them talk even though they were right next to me. Ruby seemed shy seeing Shiranui-san was right beside me. 

"You're amazing, sis. Not only are you friends with the Frill Shiranui, she's even asking to hang out with you!" Ruby's words which were whispered in my ears had a lot to say. I was exasperated by her admiration towards Shiranui, but oh well. I'm glad she's able to hang out with her Idol.

Aqua's figure was visible in the distance. He was on his phone and it looked like he was on a call. I wonder who it could be. Was it Mom?

"Aqua, we're here."

Aqua glanced our way and his eyes widened for a second. "Let me finish this call real quick."

After waiting for about a minute, Aqua finished his call. "Sorry, Mom called and asked us to buy some groceries on the way home. Anyway, you've got quite the line-up today, Rimuru."

My eyebrows rose, "What do you mean line-up? You wanna go?"

"Don't forget you made us late." Aqua shot down my attack in a matter of seconds. Shiranui and Ruby's friend looked at us like they had something to say.

Shiranui didn't hesitate to say a few things on her mind. "You three are rather beautiful in a way. You don't usually see triplets, much less on a caliber of you three." Her expression didn't change much, but her tone was fun and energetic. The passing students glanced their way. 

Is it just me, or have I been in a lot of situations where people are staring at me? Well, it's not that that's a bad thing for the foreseeable future.

Frill stood closer to Aqua and lowered her head slightly. "I'm sorry for taking away Rimuru that day, Brother-san. I will recompensate you and your family for any inconvenience."

Ruby's reaction was priceless.

"Ehhh?! What does that mean, Aqua?!" 

"...You don't need to go out of your way, Shiranui-san." 

Aqua looked troubled. He tried to downplay what Shiranui was doing. After all, Aqua didn't like getting attention all that much. This is the best time to laugh at him. Although I don't want to get any more scolding, so I'll do it in my mind.

"Thank you for accepting my apology. On another note, I've seen you before. You acted in the final episode of "Sweet Today" right? You were good."

"Thank you..."

Bwahahahaha, Shiranui-san you're doing great! Relentless even! Aqua can't put a foot in the pedal, he doesn't have the chance. Thank you, Shiranui-san! I knew you'd prevent my sermon. 

After abandoning Aqua, Rimuru looked at Ruby and noticed she had something to say. 

"Sis, do you mind if we go there for a bit, there's something I wanna ask." 

"Hmm? Sure. Aqua can keep Shiranui-san occupied for now."

In the background, Rimuru could hear threatening words and S.O.S signals. But Rimuru decided to ignore them all.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 546 20
What happened when an we get put into the mixture of Ai Hoshino's life? Will we change her fate, or will we fail to change the scene that crushed so...
6.6K 168 13
Collin is a simple guy. He enjoys all the finer things in life, video games, anime, photography, cars - and most of all, music. He sets his sights o...
171K 5.8K 22
โš ๏ธWARNING: DO NOT REPORT OR DELETE THIS BOOK IN THE SAKE OF OUR READERS!!๐Ÿฅบ THIS MAY CONTAIN LANGUAGE OR LEWD, IDK. IT'S A FANFICTION AFTER ALL. BUT...