Forsaken Loner

By Anum008

๐“”๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐”‚ ๐“’๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“น๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ผ ๐“ผ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ณ๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ...... Amulet stood at... More

๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ: ๐–๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ˆ ๐‘๐ž๐š๐ฅ๐š๐ญ๐ž...
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ: ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐–๐š๐ฌ๐ง'๐ญ ๐๐จ๐ซ๐ฆ๐š๐ฅ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ‘: ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ’: ๐”๐ง๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐…๐ž๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ“: ๐–๐ก๐ข๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐ƒ๐ž๐ฌ๐ข๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ”: ๐๐ž๐ฒ๐จ๐ง๐ ๐–๐จ๐ซ๐๐ฌ

๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ•: ๐๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ

10 18 1
By Anum008

As the day of revelation arrived, my nervousness was palpable. It was only natural, given the weight of what I was about to reveal. But as I embraced positive thoughts, my fears gradually melted away. In recent conversations with Samuel, I'd noticed a certain enchanting closeness between us. He seemed to gravitate towards my presence, always finding ways to be near me. This only deepened my connection with him.

The long-awaited moment finally materialized. I arrived punctually, just as Samuel had asked, and he was already there.

Me: Hi, how's everything going then?

Samuel: Nothing new, just the same old routine with the same old boring people.

Me: And how many boring people does that include? Am I one of them?

Samuel: How could I call you boring? You bring delight every time I see you.

Me: Well, I find pleasure in your company too.

Samuel: Really? Do you mean that?

Me: Yes, I genuinely feel that way. Though, I'm just an ordinary person, nothing more.

Samuel: You're not ordinary. But when will you stop underestimating yourself?

Me: Maybe when the person I like and love says that to me.

Samuel: "So, if I were to ask your heart, who do you like?"

Samuel's question led me to take a deep breath, my heart pounding. It was the moment I had longed for, the moment that held the potential to change everything decided it was time to be honest.

Me: The person I like the most is You!

An odd sensation washed over me. It was the end of uncertainty, but also the start of a new journey. Saying those words felt strange yet liberating. A silence lingered between us.

Samuel: You really like me?

Me: Yes, I do.

Samuel: No one has ever said that to me before. Can I ask why you like me?

Me: Sometimes, there's no concrete reason for liking someone. You just do, and over time, it turns into something more profound. If you're asking for a reason, I can't provide one. It's just a feeling.

Samuel: Is that so?

Me: Yes. But can I ask you something too? What do you think of me? Do you like me?

Samuel: Hmm, a challenging question. The answer is... Maybe!

Me: Maybe? Could you please give a straightforward answer? Yes or no?

Samuel: Alright, enough teasing. I'll admit it—I don't just like you. I love you. I fell in love with you long before you even knew what I thought about you. But I was held back by thoughts of rejection. I never imagined anyone feeling like this for me.

Hearing his unexpected confession left me dumbfounded. My heart danced within my chest, my blood raced through my veins, and those familiar butterflies filled my head.

Me: Really, are you being honest?

Samuel: I would never lie to you, Amulet.

Me: Don't say things like that.

Samuel: But before we continue, there's something from my past I need to share.

Me: What is it?

Samuel: "I had a girlfriend once, but we broke up."Me: "Did she leave you or did you leave her?"

 Samuel: "She left me for someone she thought was better. She ignored me and left for the guy she started liking." 

Me: "Do you still miss her?"

Samuel: "Not so much anymore, though I did when I was alone. She left me in darkness, where I've been living alone since. No one has dared to bring light into my life again."

Me: "Why do you think that way? Sometimes, people find others who mirror themselves and find joy in that connection."

Samuel: "Just like you did."

Me: "Can I ask you for a favor?"

Samuel: "Sure, what is it?"

Me: "Please don't tell our classmates or anyone else about us talking."

Samuel: "But you should've mentioned that earlier. I've already told some of them."

Me: "What? Why?"

Samuel: "Because I find pleasure in our conversations. I want people to know that we're important to each other."

Me: "Why people should know but what if those people freak their self out and tell it to the principal and then what if the principal tell it to my mother and what if my mother will slap me and what if she insults me!!

Samuel: Oh, so many "what ifs." You seem scared. I've found a girl who loves me but is afraid to love me.

Me: I'm not scared, but I am worried about the consequences. You know, I didn't even have the courage to tell you I loved you. It was my friends who encouraged me. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't be here.

Samuel: But you're Amulet Conner. You possess more courage than I do. You can stand up to boys, argue, and even insult them in our class. You're fearless and confident, and that's what draws me to you.

Me: Can I ask if you're praising me or just pointing out my silliness?

Samuel: Haha, definitely counting your silly moments.

Me: Samuel, please tell your friends that you never talked to me, that you were just joking.

Samuel: Done. Anything else?

Me: No, but I need to go now.

Samuel: Letting you go isn't good for my health. Can't you stay a bit longer?

Me: Not today. Can I go? Take care. Bye.

Samuel: "Won't you say you love me before you go?"

Me: "Why should I say it?"

Samuel: "So it means you hate me."

Me: "No, I love you. Of course, I do."

Samuel: "Now you can go, Miss Silly, you confessed."

Me: "What? God damn it. You know how to make me talk."

Samuel: "Well, I know, and good for me."

Me: "Now I'm really going. Take care. Bye."

Samuel: "Okay, bye and i love you too"

My heart, brimming with happiness, compelled me to immediately share this news with Lizzie. Without wasting a moment, I called her. Her phone rang, and she picked up.

"Yes, Amulet, what is it?" Lizzie's voice sounded curious.

"Lizzie, don't even bother asking what happened. Sis, I've got something to tell you," I blurted out.

"Alright, I won't pry," she replied, teasingly.

"Wait, hold on! This is not the time for our usual banter. I'm calling you to let you know that I confessed my love to Samuel," I announced.

"Really? You did it? What did he say?" Lizzie's excitement was palpable.

"He divulged that he had been grappling with the same emotions ever since our paths first crossed and we met, but like me, he was also hesitant to express his feelings. You were right, Lizzie, my step really did bloom," I gushed.

"Oh, Amulet, I'm genuinely thrilled for you! You've achieved victory! I'm over the moon for you!" Lizzie's joy echoed through her words.

"And Lizzie, that's not all. He said he loves me too, not just once but twice," I added, my heart bursting with joy.

"Wow! He said that? Please remember the date when both of you confessed your feelings to each other," Lizzie suggested.

"Yes, I'll definitely mark that date. I'm just so happy right now," I replied, overwhelmed by emotion.

"Now, Miss Samuel's girlfriend, please come to school tomorrow. You're going to tell Kate about it, and then we're going to celebrate. It's like your good days have finally started, my dear," Lizzie proclaimed with infectious excitement.

"Of course, count me in for tomorrow," I agreed, ending the call. It was a whirlwind of emotions. I had actually achieved it – the love I yearned for. This day marked the pinnacle of happiness in my life, and my feelings were too immense to be contained. I found myself dancing around my room in sheer jubilation. Suddenly, Noah appeared.

"Noah, Noah, Noah! I did it! Your sister did it! You deserve a treat from me because I won!"

In a state of surprise, Noah responded, "But tell me, what did you win?"

"I won my whole world," I proclaimed.

Noah chuckled, "I understand. Okay, enjoy living in your daydreams. I'm going to eat. I just came to call you for dinner. Come along."

"Alright, go ahead. I'll join you shortly." My thoughts were swirling with happiness, making it nearly impossible to contain. I was waiting impatiently for the next day to arrive, eager to see how Samuel would act. I couldn't wait even a minute longer for the dawn to break. As I lay in bed, gazing out of my attic window, I saw the stars shining brighter than ever before. It was as if they were sparkling with hope – hope for a promising future. Lost in their brilliance, I drifted off to sleep.

I found myself sitting on a bench atop grassy hills, surrounded by a chilly atmosphere. The wind tousled my hair gently, and then she appeared

"You appear to be having a good day, Amulet," Ms. Lowen observed serenely.

"Yes, indeed. This feeling is entirely new to me. There's no one I've ever been able to share my happiness with so genuinely," I confessed.

"But don't you see? Who else do you need when you have yourself, your emotions, and your dreams?" she gently reminded.

"I still feel a void, though it's much less pronounced now. Ms. Lowen, I've found someone I can share my purest joy with. Just thinking about him makes my heart melt each time."

"You've become deeply attached to him. How can you believe that you've found the right person?"

"I know it might sound strange, but perhaps fate has been kind to me. It's given me the chance to choose. I don't want to fall apart when challenges arise. Perhaps that's something we all need to remember, don't you think?" I inquired.

"When I first met you, I saw a young girl with a void she believed could never be filled. A void of love. Every time we met, you asked me to explain how someone can love. Perhaps now you have the answer – love has no predetermined schedule. It happens when it's meant to happen."

"Much like it happened to me. But I worry about the consequences. Because I believe that anything can happen at any time," I voiced my concerns.

"I understand that you hold onto the belief that anything can happen anytime. However, you must also believe that if anything happens..."

Ms. Lowen's sentence trailed off, and I completed it, saying, "It happens for a reason, right?"

"Exactly. You've come to understand a great deal, Amulet. Yes, you should be concerned about the consequences, but remember that if anything happens, always know that it occurred for a reason – a reason that we may not initially comprehend. What you need to do is search for that reason."

"I promise I'll do my best to uncover it," I reassured her, and together, we looked up at the magnificent sky. It was as free as it could be, and the wind brushing against my face filled me with hope.

"Amulet! Amulet! Wake up! It's late. Get ready for your classes. Are you planning to spend the day at home?" My mom's voice suddenly broke into my thoughts.

"Hmm, where am I?" I yawned, slowly waking up.

"You're at home. Wake up, please. You're running late," my mom urged.

So, it had been a dream. Or was it? It felt like my mind had taken on a different form, offering guidance and insight when I needed it most. It was a unique ability my brain possessed – a way to help me even when I struggled to navigate my own thoughts. I took a deep breath, centering myself, and prepared to head to school. As I walked in, I found my cheerful friends waiting for me.

"Look who's here! The center of everyone's attention has arrived," Lizzie teased.

"Please, don't call her that. She's more than that now. She's not the same Amulet we knew. Now she has a better companion," Indila chimed in.

"What are you guys talking about? Why should I be anything different? I'm the same person you met five years ago," I replied.

"Ehem, ehem, no, you don't look the same. You seem to be bathed in someone's love. Is it Samuel, by any chance?" Kate playfully suggested.

"Oh, so that's what you're talking about," I chuckled.

"Absolutely! Ever since Samuel set foot in the school, he's been the happiest person on earth, from what we've observed," Indila explained.

"Well, that's something I want to see for myself. Is he really happy, or is it just a facade?" I wondered aloud.

"Of course, he's happy. Why doubt it? You'll see for yourself when he comes to you," Lizzie assured me.

While we continued our conversation, I felt a presence around me. Turning around, I saw Samuel watching me, waving.

"Look, Amulet. He's there, waiting for you. Go to him," Lizzie urged.

"What's he waiting for? Why should I go to him?" I questioned, puzzled.

"Amulet, I'm about to slap some sense into you. Maybe then your memory will come back. He's calling you. No one's watching. Go to him!" Lizzie scolded me playfully.

Just as I was about to walk toward Samuel, he came over himself. He stood before me, looking at me expectantly. I paused for a moment, a smile forming on my face.

"So, you finally showed up," he said.

"Waited long for me, did you?" I asked, feigning concern.

"Of course, I did. My day only starts when I see your smile ," he confessed.

"Such a big liar," I teased, 

punctuating my words with laughter as I caught his playful expression.

"Unbelievable! I was genuinely waiting, and yet you suspect it's all a ruse," he lamented, feigning wounded pride.

"Alright, alright. I'm convinced now. You were waiting, and I believe you," I conceded, playfully waving a surrender.

"So, how have you been?" he asked, the glint in his eyes reflecting genuine interest.

"I'm as content as the last time we talked. How about you?" I mirrored his question, genuinely intrigued by his response.

"Well, I'm heartbroken to admit that I've discovered someone who I don't believe I'm deserving of," he confessed.

"Why on earth would you say something like that?" I asked, my concern growing.

"It's a sentiment that might elude your understanding, but it resides within me," he replied cryptically.

"Perhaps I may not fully comprehend, but I'm not pushing you to share your thoughts at every turn. Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to head over to where Lizzie is waiting," I expressed.

"I have a keen sense that no one is really awaiting your arrival. Could it be that you're hesitant about conversing with me? Is it that you're not much of a talker?" Samuel probed, trying to unravel my reluctance.

"It's not that, really. I simply tend to be reserved, particularly with new acquaintances. And while you hold significant importance to me, it might take some time for me to feel entirely at ease in person. In the meantime, I'm more than happy to engage in messaging. Would that work for you?" I explained, offering a glimpse into my hesitations.

"Absolutely, I respect your comfort zone. Funny thing, even when I try to communicate my true sentiments, I find myself momentarily tongue-tied when talking to you. Perhaps, as you suggested, we need time to truly get to know each other. So, don't worry, I won't push for conversation," Samuel reassured, his words carrying a sense of empathy.

"Thank you for understanding my perspective," I replied with genuine gratitude.

"Of course, now let's make our exit before any curious eyes catch wind of our interaction. We wouldn't want wild speculations, would we?" Samuel suggested with a wink.

"No, definitely not. Your discretion is appreciated," I agreed, warmed by his consideration.

Following that encounter, Samuel and I maintained our connection. While I desired to keep our relationship under wraps to avoid potential awkwardness, it seemed that many were already aware of Samuel's feelings for me, While it was common knowledge that Samuel had a crush on me, I didn't want our connection to be the subject of gossip. Nevertheless, things took an unexpected turn when Andrea confronted me one morning

"Hey, Amulet, how's everything going?" Andrea inquired with a casual tone that seemed to belie a deeper intention.

"Nothing out of the ordinary. Need any help?" I responded, prepared to lend a hand.

"Actually, I'm not looking for assistance. I'm just curious about something that's been bothering me," Andrea admitted, her gaze focused and determined.

"Oh, what's on your mind?" I questioned, intrigued by the intensity in her expression.

"Can you be straightforward with me? Do you and Samuel actually talk?" Andrea asked, her curiosity seeming more like an investigation.

Caught off guard, I struggled to formulate a response. Eventually, I settled for, "No, that's not true. Who told you something like that?"

Andrea replied with conviction, "It's quite evident that you two do converse. And you can trust me; I won't spread it around."

"I've told you, we don't really talk and this seems like baseless gossip. Can I ask who's been feeding you this information?" I probed, curious to uncover the source.

"Well, Samuel himself, actually. He didn't seem to think it was a big deal to mention it," Andrea revealed before departing.

Andrea's demeanor also suggested that she held more knowledge than she was revealing.

Her words left me perplexed. I realized that Samuel had broken the promise I had made him, not to reveal our conversations to anyone. I decided I needed to discuss this with him.

"Hey Amulet, I was calling you loudly, but you didn't respond. What's on your mind, Samuel?" Lizzie's voice pulled me from my thoughts.

"Lizzie, it's about Andrea," I admitted.

"Andrea? What happened? What did she say?" Lizzie asked with concern.

I recounted the conversation to Lizzie, and a wave of worry crossed her face. "Why would Samuel share this with her? You need to talk to him."

"I intend to," I affirmed.

The next day, I messaged Samuel, feeling a sense of urgency. After a short while, he replied. 

Samuel: Hello, Amulet. What's on your mind?

 Me: I really need to have a conversation with you. Can you promise not to lie? 

Samuel: Why do I need to promise that? 

Me: Please, just hear me out. I need complete honesty.

 Samuel: Alright, I promise.

Me: Please tell me that you don't love me. 

Samuel: What's wrong? It's true that I love you.Me: Then did you tell Andrea about us?Samuel: No, I didn't tell her. Who told you this?

Me: She revealed it herself. And what about her? Is there anything between you two, given that she's your neighbor? 

Samuel: No, absolutely not. She's not telling the truth. My heart belongs to you, and no one else.

 Me: If what you say is true, then who might have informed her?

 Samuel: It's possible that Aimy could have told her. Aimy and Andrea are close friends, more than just acquaintances.

 Me: Please ask Aimy not to jump to conclusions. I'm not interested in having others know about us. It's not just about keeping things private; I don't want people to form misconceptions. I don't even want to inform my mom. People often read more into things than they should, and I don't want that to happen. But remember, my love for you is real, and I'm scared of losing you due to misunderstandings. 

Samuel: I understand your concern, Amulet. You don't need to be afraid. As long as we're together, no one can break us apart, not even Andrea. Please trust me.

 Me: Samuel, you have my deepest trust. I can't explain why, but I believe in you wholeheartedly.

 Samuel: I feel the same way. Please don't worry. 

Me: Alright.

Samuel: Can I ask, aside from this, why did you question my feelings for Andrea?

Me: It was just a thought I had. I wondered if you might have feelings for her and I was... 

Samuel: Jealous, right?

 Me: Jealous? Not at all. Why would I feel that way? 

Samuel: So you were a bit envious, then?

 Me: Well, maybe a tiny bit. What's the big deal?

Samuel: It's a good sign. You're progressing, It means your feelings for me are growing. You can't stand the idea of me with someone else

Me: Progress? What do you mean?

Samuel: It shows your love for me is deepening. You're getting more attached. 

Me: You think so? 

Samuel: Yep. Anyway, I'm heading to Andrea's for coffee.

 Me: Wait, what? If I see you with her, I'll be upset.

 Samuel: So, you're jealous. 

Me: Okay, fine. So what?

 Samuel: It's natural. It means you care.

Me: By the way, what do I mean to you?

Samuel: Quit joking around.

Me: I'm being serious

Samuel: you're my world. And my future wife too.

Me: Stop it. Don't tease. 

Samuel: I'm not teasing. You hold a special place in my heart.

 Me: I can't take this anymore. I'm done. 

Samuel: Why do you always disrupt our romantic moments? Is there something bothering you?

 Me: No, it's just... I'm not used to talking like that. I lack the experience. 

Samuel: When you're in love, your heart guides your words. You've become my everything.

 Me: It seems like you've become my everything too. 

As time passed, Samuel became an integral part of my life. I couldn't fathom living without him. Days turned into months, yet our love remained steadfast. It even grew stronger. Whenever he needed me, I was there for him, and he was there for me.My life had become more beautiful than I ever imagined. Our time together was nothing but pure happiness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

436 57 23
Missing agency and direction in her life, River takes matters into her own hands to realize she never had much control to begin with. Thrust suddenly...
1M 80K 100
Ranked #65 (09/02/2018) "Dev...please don't.." she struggled "What about....No!" he smirked, inching closer to her. Her Innocence attracted him. Her...
330 24 33
The last thing Darena Matrixlyn expected was to be the Princess of the Twilight Realm of Trinitarian Mythology. But when a pair of teenagers tell her...
378 29 12
Tallulah Collar is a twenty five year old witch who lives in a small town run by a pastor who seems to have it out for her kind. She is one of the mo...