CLAIMED BY THE ALPHA

Von princessreign297

All she ever wanted was a normal life. But Caden is anything but normal. Unmated, unmatched, and the Alpha of... Mehr

LET ME IN.
STAY
ALL OR NOTHING
THE RIVAL
FALLING FOR ME
FAMILY REUNION
NOT AGAIN
TRAITOR
SLEEP WITH ME
MY POWERS
THE TRUTH
A WHOLE NEW WORLD
ONE OF US
🌶️BURNING DESIRE🌶️
🌶️OUT OF THE ASHES🌶️
STRONGER TOGETHER
🌶️NO ESCAPE🌶️

AMBUSH

263 6 0
Von princessreign297

ARABELLA'S P.O.V

"Smoke."

I do smell it. The sickening sweet smell of fire in the air. A fire much larger than the one burning before us. Before he can say more, a sharp scream pierces through the air.

"Was that Koda?" We don't waste a moment as we grab both our clothes and charge back to the estate. There is no question where the smell of smoke is coming from: A blazing fire wreaking havoc throughout the pack house.

"No!" Caden lets out a growl.

"We need to look for survivors." I intervene.

"Get everyone to the tree line before--" Caden stop short, his eyes catching sight of something through the flames. That's when I see him too, almost entirely hidden by the shadows of night.

Raphael.

And there, by his side, holding a torch with a victorious grin is the person who set the fire.

James.

Our doctor.

Caden's closest ally.

"How could he?" Caden only stares, the shock and hurt in his face brighter than the roaring flames.

With a smirk, Raphael and James both take off into the woods. After everything that has happened. After everything this pack, my pack has done for me, I can't let them get away. Not like this. I don't hesitate tearing after them.

"Arabella. Wait! Stop!" Caden calls out.

"Caden, I won't let them get away with this!"

"They don't matter now! It's not safe! They are not worth it!"

"I'm sorry Caden. I have to do this." I bolt off alone through the swampy woods at top speed, ignoring the tearing branches and sharp rocks beneath my feet. I can feel the woods around me calling out to me, guiding me, the trees bending to part for me.

"Raphael! Get the hell back here!" I shout out into the forest. My head pounding. The demon that's caused me so much pain is here again, almost within my grasp. "I'll kill you. I'll kill both of you!"

Just then, something shifts in the ground beneath me and gnarled vines shoot up from the ground to tangle around my feet. I fall to the ground with a loud crash, letting out a grunt of pain as the vines constrict in tighter. He emerges then, stock still from the shadows, grinning with too many sharp teeth.

"Well, isn't that cute? The pup's inherited the same powers I have." Raphael remarks. The thorns sprout from the vines then, lacerating my skin with razored thrusts. "Too bad I'm still better."

I break free at the last second, rolling from the mess of bloody thorns, but it's clear Raphael is just toying with me.

"I'm nothing like you." I spit out and he lets out a grim laugh.

"True. There are echoes, but at most, you're a pale imitation of me. Still, even broken reflections have their uses." James walks out of the shadows next, his face illuminated by the torch he used to set fire to the estate.

"James...why?" He just sneers down at me with cold eyes I don't recognize.

"Why would I slum it with a false Alpha like Caden for as long as I have? I've always been loyal to Raphael, Arabella. I would follow him to death."

"And for his service he will be richly rewarded."

"Caden treated you better. Why would you do this to him?" I do nothing to hide the betrayal in my voice.

"That runt can't offer me a fraction of what your father can." James says striding towards me, the flames from his lit torch licking the air. "You know, breed mates should really learn to shut up and do what they're told."

"Well, assholes like you should really find a hole to die in." I try to stand, but Raphael bares his teeth.

"Nice try." He commands the dark vines to hold me down, forcing me to kneel before the doctor. James lets out a laugh, lowering the torch to my face, the heat threatening to sizzle my cheek.

"James...you helped me...all those years ago...you helped me escape. Why would you do this now!?"

"I did that for me. Not for you." James whispers just loud enough for me to hear.

What's that supposed to mean?

James grips my hair, pinning me to the ground. He lowers the torch towards my face but just then, something crashes hard into the doctor from behind, causing the torch to fall to the ground.

"Don't you fucking touch her!" Caden possessive growl echoes throughout the woods as he squares off with Raphael and James, anger pouring off of him.

"Caden, get out of here. Run." I beg of him. This is my fight not his.

"Not a chance."

Raphael lets out a deep laugh.

"So good of you to join us, Caden. Now, it's a real party." Raphael and James back Caden up against the edge of the river clearly outnumbering him. Caden swings his fist at James but Raphael catches it mid-air as they struggle against one another.

Caden grits his teeth, shoving Raphael back and his feet slip.

"Getting stronger, I see. But not strong enough." With a surge of power and a flash of red eyes, Raphael slams Caden into the dirt and James stands over him.

"Arabella, the touch. Hurry." Caden quips as Raphael and James raise their claws over him, victorious grins clear on their faces. "Get your revenge."

With a mighty heave, I hurl the torch at Raphael, hitting him square in the chest.

"That's for my mate." I snarl. Caden regains his footing, catches the torch and holds it to the burning hole on Raphael's chest.

"No!" James rushes to his Alpha's side and Caden swings out and splashes James with burning flames as well. Their clothes ignite and they let out a howl, darting back into the shadows.

"Come on! We need to get out of here. The estate is still in danger."

"Right." We race back through the woods, not looking back.

"That was a solid hit. Your father won't be forgetting injuries like that anytime soon."

"He'll heal from them."

"Maybe, but it'll take time. Time we can use to save the others."

The estate is still ablaze as we charge back. A few people have made it outside.

"You came after me, even knowing not everyone here was safe."

"My pack had orders to protect one another, and to get out however they could. They had each other, but nobody else was going to help you."

"Caden, you should've stayed here. These people are your family."

"We're back now. That's all that matters." Just then, Roman runs up to us.

"We couldn't get everyone out. Some of the structural supports have collapsed. Some of the pack...they're still trapped inside." Roman states.

"Who?" Before Roman can respond, a frightened voice calls out from inside the burning wreckage.

It's Koda.

Without giving a second thought, I run up to the burning building.

"Grab some water, sand...anything to put this fire out." I bark an order.

"We don't have any water left."

Caden rushes to the door, even as fresh flames block his path. He tries to fight past it, but debris comes crashing down, blocking the entrance.

"Shit, there has to be something we can do. But what?" Suddenly, I feel a mysterious call. The trees in the forest, the roots beneath my feet, they beckon me.

I can save them. I'm the only one who can.

Taking a deep breath, I close my eyes. Everything goes quiet as I focus the power within me.

'Forest, please help me. Help me save everyone.' I chant in my mind. My veins flash ice cold as the power within me answers the call.

Suddenly, a booming crash sounds beyond the tree line and everyone turns. Soon, a massive stretch appears as branches rush towards the burning house. The vines and roots slice a clean hole straight through the front door and I rush inside.

In the burning entry hall, I find Koda, his dads, and several others trapped behind a fallen beam.

"Arabella! Help!!" I just my hand out, and the roots blast through a window near the trapped wolves, creating an escape route. Everyone rushes out of the building. Once outside, Koda slams into me with a grateful hug while Beau and Everett give me a nod.

"Thank you. You saved us."

"You saved all our lives, Arabella." Beau says as Caden appears out of the smoke looking both amazed and relieved. He looks like he wants to say something to me, but he shakes his head, refocusing on the problem at hand.

"We...we need to get moving. It's not safe here anymore." Caden turns back to his pack. "Follow me. I know a place. Somewhere we can lay low and heal our wounds."

It's a long trek through the woods, set at a rough pace, but finally, Caden is able to lean the pack to the safe house he mentioned.

"Not much in the way of supplies and possessions but this will keep us safe for the time being." Caden says.

"We'll be okay. We're just lucky to all be here together. Thanks to Arabella." Although beaten down and exhausted, the whole pack nods, grateful for my aid.

Entering the abandoned house, those able to set about setting up what vamps they can desperately holding onto want they have left.

There has to be something I do around here.

I find those too injured to aid themselves and offer what help I can, bandaging wounds and applying salves. I know I can't fix their spirits but I can mend their bodies.

Fortunately, wolves heal fast, and with the added benefit of my help, it doesn't take long before many of them and back on their feet.

"Thanks, Arabella. I owe you one." Arden says.

Finally, when the basic duties are taken care of, Caden breaks off from the group, making his way towards the exit.

"I'm going to scout out the area. Shouldn't be gone long." His back is to the pack, his shoulders high and stiff.

"I'll come with you. I can help you look around." I offer my help.

"No. Stay here."Caden's words came out in a sudden growl. The tension cuts through the room. A few wolves turn, surprised at his sudden intensity.

"Caden--"

"Stay." He says with finality in his voice before he storms off, out of the safe house and into the woods beyond. There is no way I'm leaving things like that. I storm off after him, keeping pace behind his as he angrily rips through the trees, to a cleaning filled with wildflower.

"I thought I told you to stay."

"We both know I don't follow orders. Caden, just tell me what's going on. I'm not leaving you until you do." I insist.

"Do you really not get it?" He deadpans.

"Get what?" He stops in his tracks, turning to face me head on.

"I almost lost you, damn it! Why are you always rushing headfirst into danger? Why the hell did you take off after Raphael like that?" He snaps.

"Because someone had to take him down. Someone had to--"

"That someone didn't have to be you!"

"Listen, I know you have some instinct to protect me but--"

"This isn't instinct! It's..." He stops short.

"It's what?" I ask as he locks his gaze on me, his eyes burning with a light from within. A light I can't name.

"It's more than that." He says, taking the back of my neck and pulls me into a deep passionate kiss. The red moon is gone, but the passion coursing from his mouth to mine is undeniable.

"Caden, what do you mean it's more than instinct?" Caden's hands slip inside my clothes, finding my body. I can feel the need in him. The desire to take me all the way.

"Come here, I'll show you what I mean."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

768K 17.8K 47
Mia is a sassy girl and a werewolf with an honest heart and, she lives with her father and her older brother, her father is the beta of her pack, Sil...
932K 30.8K 42
Highest ranking - #1 in Werewolf #2 in Attraction "Damn Bella, why the hell are you so stubborn?! You are my mate and if I want to mark you, I will f...
5.1M 134K 37
Alpha Cross of the Macabre Pack was a ruthless killer. He was known for leaving pack after pack in a bloodbath with not a single survivor in sight. A...
42.4K 1.1K 51
"I, Caden Knight, Alpha of the Mystic Falls Pack, reject you Lily Rose of Silver Moon Pack! From this day forth I release you from our mate bond". L...