The Broken Six (2) || Mattheo...

By theunseenpoet

The pain of last year hasn't been forgotten, as Valentina Black wishes. She has already lost her mother and s... More

Authors Note.
Characters.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22

11

2.4K 57 4
By theunseenpoet

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

"Did you guys hear?"

I look at Pansy questionably.

"Obviously not. What is it?" Theo pushes her to answer his question.

"UmBitch made a new rule, that all students will have to answer her questions when she calls each house into her office. Apparently, Potter is making an army, for some reason but I doubt Potter could even do that.," The boys laugh, and I fake a laugh with them. If she calls me into her office then I can just easily lie to her, but it's the others I'm worried for, they can't lie for the life of them.

Just as we stop laughing and start to talk about the homework for Charms, we hear the voice belonging to the devil herself. "Will the Slytherin house report to my office, now!"

The Slytherin table erupts in groans, and we all start to make our way out and to her office. Already there is a line, but we push in near the front of the line.

"I wonder what questions she will ask us?" Blaise hums, agreeing with Draco.

"Lucky, we don't befriend the Gryffindors, unlike Black," I look behind me and notice Riddle pushing in the line to be with us.

I roll my eyes at him and turn my back to him. This is the first time in a week I've seen him since the argument at dinner. I've been so busy with classes and then going to the secret meetings, that I haven't had time to argue with him.

I keep my mouth shut and stop listening to what they talk about as the line starts to move up.

"Miss Black, come in," I look up and notice I was indeed next to go in and the first out of the group.

I cross my arms over my chest and walk up her stairs and past her into the office that still looks the same as the last time I was here.

"Sit down," She points to a chair in front of her desk where there is a teacup full of what looks like tea. "Would you like some tea?"

I look at the tea and back at her. She has never been this nice, it's weird and suspicious. "No, I'm good, thanks."

She breathes in deeply and slowly exhales. "Try some. It's really good for you." She lifts the teacup up, basically shoving it in my face.

I push it away harshly, making some of the liquid spill onto her desk. "I said no. I'm not drinking your damn tea."

She looks at me unpleased and sets the teacup down. "Right. Well, with that attitude I won't bother to even question you. Leave now!" She shouts at me and points to her door.

I stand give her a smile and turn around. "As you wish."

She follows me out the door but stays standing at the top of the stairs ready to call in Theo.

Why would she not question me? She has questioned everyone before me. She grew frustrated when I wouldn't drink the tea, but why? Unless it's the tea that she's put something in it.

I walk down the stairs and slowly walk past the group. "Don't drink the tea."

Theo gives me a slight nod understanding while the others just give me a confused look.

I walk out by myself as Theo gets called into her office and soon, I make my way back into my dorm, kicking off my shoes and I pick up Midnight, giving her a hug. As I'm hugging her, I notice an envelope on my bed, one that is addressed to me, but I never put it there. I place Midnight down and walk over to my bed, opening the letter. It's from Remus.

My dear Valentina,

This letter will say it's from Moony, but it's Padfoot. I have been extremely busy and, in all honesty, I'm not sure what to say to my only daughter, that's why I haven't written to you sooner. It doesn't matter though, because you are a Black, and from this point on I will make a better effort to build a relationship with you. On a different note, I hope Hogwarts has been treating you right. I heard you're doing well in Muggle Studies, no surprise. I hope you and Harry have been getting along, you need each other.

I wish this letter would stay on a happy note, but I have some news. You need to watch your back, I feel things are about to happen, and not in a good way. I want you to protect yourself at all costs and look out for Harry as he will for you. As much as I don't want you protecting anyone but yourself, I know you have your mother's blood in you, and you will protect others you love so please protect those you truly love and know you can trust with your own life. I will let you get back to your homework now but if you want to write back, just give it to Harry. Be safe daughter.

Love, Padfoot.

I reread the letter, not expecting this from him. I thought he would have disowned me by now. What does he mean that bad things are about to happen? I need to write back to him. I need to know more.

I stand up and walk over to my desk, pulling out my quill and a piece of paper.

Padfoot,

I understand how busy you must be at this time and that it seems difficult for either of us to talk. I truly hope we get to build a relationship because, at the end of the day, I'll always need my father.

I've made a few new friends, and enemies already, definitely your daughter. What did you mean when you said that bad things are about to happen? I know you said it's just a feeling, but I need to know more. This whole world is still new to me Father, please tell me more. I hope I hear from you soon. Take care.

Love, Tina.

I fold the letter and put it into an envelope as I stand up and quickly put my jumper on before leaving my room and rushing to the Great Hall. My body is full of anxiety, I feel fear. Fear of what my father means. The danger that could be possibly coming. I walk down the side of the Gryffindor table until I see Harry with Ron and the twins.

"Harry," I say softly, and he looks up at me shocked to see me as do the twins while Ron focuses on his food. "Here. Please get it to him as soon as you can," I hand him my letter which he takes, understanding who I'm talking about, and puts it in his bag.

I turn around and walk to the Slytherin table, sitting down at the end that has no one but one boy who is studying. I sit down and close my eyes, trying to take a deep breath. As I open my eyes, I notice my hands are shaking.

"We were wondering where you went," Blaise says as he sits down next to me with Enzo, making me jump at his voice.

Enzo gives me a confused look and then notices my hands shaking and he grabs them both, quickly pulling them under the table, holding them gently so no one else notices.

"Tina, what's wrong? You look white as a ghost," he whispers as Blaise leans in closer. I look at them both, shaking my head slowly and not talking in case I'll stutter like I used to when I was scared.

Blaise looks around us and then stands up with Enzo and they both stand me up, linking their arms with mine.

"Keep your breathing steady. We are going to your room, okay?" Blaise whispers and I nod my head understanding as we silently walk out of the Great Hall and all the way to my room.

Blaise opens my door and I pull away from them both, rushing over to my bed as I try to remind my brain that I'm still in reality. My eyes dart around my room, trying to steady my breathing.

"Tina, it's okay," Blaise says gently as he stands in front of me with Enzo. "We are in your room."

I ignore his attempt of trying to calm me down.

"Look at us, Tina," Enzo says but I don't dare to look at them.

"God damn it, Valentina. Look at us," Blaise grabs my face, making me look at him. "Focus on me, okay? Breathe Tina, breathe with me," he starts to show me how to breathe, and I copy him slowly. He wipes under my eye where a tear escaped, and I feel another one escape a second later that he wipes away.

"What's going on? You can tell us," Enzo says with concern written on his face.

I take in a deep breath and close my eyes and take a few more deep breaths before looking at them. "Y-you can't tell anyone, p-please?" They give me a worried look but agree they won't.

I stand up and grab the letter from my father, turning around and holding it up. "My father, he sent me a letter," Blaise looks at me stunned but Enzo doesn't. "I stayed with him before our break ended but we didn't get along. In this letter, he warned me that he has a feeling something bad is coming. He doesn't get feelings, he knows things. I'm scared. I'm fucking scared. I know what he's up to and I know how dangerous it is, so for him to say he has a feeling, it means we are fucked. You can't tell anyone. Here read my letter if you don't believe me," I give Blaise the letter that he takes but doesn't read.

Enzo pulls me in a hug and holds me as I let out a huge breath of relief. "We won't tell anyone; you have our word. We won't read your letter either. This is yours and yours only," he pulls away and Blaise hands me back my letter which I take and put at the bottom of my trunk.

"Thank you, guys. Thank you for always being there for me," I tell them truthfully and they give me a smile.

Blaise grabs my arm and pulls me into a hug. "You're basically our little sister. We'll always be here for you, no matter what."

Enzo nods his head with a smile and I smile back at him, hugging Blaise tighter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 378 38
When Hermione finds out she's a Zabini her life turns upside down, soon her past comes to haunt her and she's suddenly surrounded by secrets. What ha...
73.6K 2.2K 25
โ๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ?โž -๐’“.๐’‚.๐’ƒ. โž In a world of shadows and secrets ๐™๐™ค๐™ญ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™š...
15K 475 59
To the outside world Isabelle Luvair had it all.. but to her, something was always missing. She hoped to fill the ever looming void, when her overpro...
268K 2.8K 19
Hermione granger has it all, or does she? Her boyfriend cheats, her friends forgot her so what does she do. She does what any sensible witch would ha...