17

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

I pace around the Slytherin common room, stressing over the last day of the O.W.Ls's exams which are literally tomorrow. I've been studying nonstop but what if that's not enough for me to get a good grade? I mean I am how many years late to wizardry. The stress has taken a toll on me, I've barely slept or eaten.

"Tina, stop pacing," I stop in my tracks as Enzo tells me.

I start fidgeting with my hair. "I'm stressed. Can you tell?"

He gets up and grabs my arm, making me sit on the couch. "Yes, I can tell. You don't stop mentioning it every thirty minutes."

I sigh and drop my head to my hands. "I wish I started this school sooner. Maybe I wouldn't feel so far behind in my academics."

I feel the couch sink as he sits down next to me. "You always do great on the homework and quizzes. No doubt you will pass especially with high grades."

I lift my head up and stare at the fire that dances around the burning wood. "Thank you, Enz," I stand up and grab my bag, turning to look at him and give him a tired smile. "I'm gonna head to bed and try to sleep now, so I don't fall asleep in the exam."

He stands up and embraces me in a tight hug. "Goodnight, Tina, try not to stress anymore."

I pull away and give him a nod, heading to my room. I open my door and meet a happy Midnight that runs around my legs. I sigh and drop my bag to pick her up.

"I'm so stressed, Midnight. I wish mum were here so I could ask for advice," She purrs against my face, and I place her on my bed then grab a random shirt and pants and walk into my bathroom, getting undressed and getting into the shower that pours out cold water. I quickly wash myself and get out, getting dressed into my clothes. I throw my towel on the floor and walk out of my room and get into bed, throwing the covers over my exhausted body.

"Are you awake princess?"

I roll over and see Mattheo quietly closing my door behind him. "Sadly, I still am."

Mattheo walks over to my bed, lifting up the covers, and laying down next to me as I lay my head on his chest getting comfortable.

"What's wrong?" He asks softly while his fingers gently play with my hair

I sigh and snuggle my face into his neck. "I'm so stressed. Tomorrow is the last day of exams and I feel so behind. I don't want to fail which then leads to everyone being disappointed in me."

I feel his hand leave my damp hair and he lifts my chin up so I'm looking at him. "You could never disappoint me, Valentina. No matter what you do."

I give him a small smile and I feel his lips leave a gentle kiss on my forehead, bringing a shy smile to my face.

His hand finds its way to my back, tracing shapes in a soothing motion that makes my eyes start to get heavy and my breathing becomes steady as I drift away thinking about the way this boy calms me.