The Legend of Tafari

By daniemari4

Circumstances bring about an awakening in the life of a young girl who gives up her freedom to honor her fath... More

Chapter 1 Wager
Chaper 2 The Queen
Chapter 3 Turmoil
Chapter 4 Chinue
Chapter 5 Fatal Attack
Chapter 7 My Anger
Chapter 8 Her Duty
Chapter 9. Audience
Chapter 10 For Her
Chapter 11 The Past
Chapter 12 Legend
Chapter 13 Goodbye
Chapter 14 The Prince
Chapter 15 Memories
Chapter 16 The News
Chapter 17 Strangers
Chapter 18 White Past
Chapter 19 An Oracle's Warning
Chapter 20 Little Time
Chapter 21 Betrayal
Chapter 22 Our New Hope

Chapter 6 New Treaty

1 0 0
By daniemari4

Chapter 6

The New Treaty

The next couple of weeks there was always a hustle around the palace. Being Tafari's shadow became routine and it seemed that she became bored with my wonder. Though daily I marveled at hers. There had been many nights where I stayed within her courters and she never came in. Rumors had it amongst the servants that she and King Haben had come to a truce and she agreed to play the part of a submitted wife in some aspects, while other say she had another young woman. I chose to believe the first.

If she was with her husband it was the proper way of things. Though my body craved her against me every night, or I longed just to taste her in my mouth again, I remembered that my duty was to care from a distance. With not being on duty as much as I use to be I was granted certain freedoms others were not. After my leg healed up and peeled properly, I was considered one of the luckiest girl at least that is what Miss Rasida said when I got the bandage removed.

"I never thought a scar would be beautiful, but Deola your scar is a beautiful work of art." I shrugged as I she placed one more ointment on it and I walked out without the heavy white cloth on my leg. Walking within the palace I got man wide eyes and stares even whispers as I walked pass a large group of the servants. I smiled as I made my way to the stables towards where Kairu was.

He neighed at me as I stroked his neck gently as we spoke in a language of our own. I heard footsteps as I looked up and saw Nyack. He looked at me a smile spreading across his face.

"I wouldn't have thought to find you here in the stables. Most women cannot bear the smell much less the horses," he said as he nodded at Kairu who nuzzled my neck playfully. I chuckled as I kissed Kairu's snout.

"Well I am not most women now am I?" I asked seductively.

"Indeed you are not my friend" His smile was genuine as he came closer to me, handing me a single red orchid. "To compliment your beauty sweet Deola," he continued as he stayed a couple feet away. His scent smelled masculine and of sweet hay.

"What a pleasure to see that you are still acquainted," Tafari's voice said as we both quickly turned and bowed almost in fear. "Rise, rise. It is quite alright and seemed innocent enough." My heart beat outside my chest as I made sure not to get hay on my scar as I stood up.

"Deola I have need of you girl," she said as she walked out the stables and I followed her not looking back to see what Nyack's faced looked like. I quickly kept at her pace as we walked through the queen's courtyard.

"You and Nyack seem very fond of each other," Tafari said as I bit my tongue as not to respond in anger about how now she showed concerned when it had been nearly six weeks since she even looked at me with eyes of concern. Not noticing she had stopped as I bumped into her.

"Are you even listening to me girl?" she said as she swiftly backhanded me with her hand. I held my face in shock as she looked at her hand realizing she had hit me. She immediately tried to comfort me, but I jumped at her raised hand again.

"Deola," she whispered so softly in a tone that made me yield as she grabbed me by my waist pulling me close. She gently grabbed my hand looking at where she slapped me. Without shame she kissed ever part of my face that was red. "I am sorry my dear. I just don't like the idea of you being attracted to Nyack, even though he is your age," the jealousy burned in her eyes.

"My queen, if this were the case, you could at least show me that you actually care for me the way you say." I said pulling away from her grasp as I fixed my clothes irritated. She smiled at me with that irritatingly evil and mischievous smile of hers.

"After you, my queen," I said as I waited for her to lead. She continued to walk in silence as we made it to a large room with white looking cement and tables were set. Yohance and other servants were inside of the room bustling around in a hurry.

"Yohance is it all ready?" Tafari asked as everyone froze as she spoke.

"Yes my queen, it is all ready for this evenings visitors." Yohance said holding an armful of things.

"Who is coming to visit?" I asked unaware there would be visitors.

"The kings and queens of Mali and the Congo will be visiting us for new treaty signings for trading. Tonight all the women will be in this place while the kings are entertained in other ways." Tafari said ordering someone to help Yohance.

"Everyone let us make sure that all is in order. They will all be here soon with 15 women servants a piece as well as men servants for the king. I have never met these queens so lets be on our best behavior in excellence." She demanded as we walked out the doors, Yohance behind us.

"Tafari did you still want me to do that to Deola for this evening." Yohance asked.

"No, Yohance. I will take care of Deola, prepare the others for this evening. I know you will not fail me," she admitted as she grabbed my wrist dragging me along.

I followed unwillingly as she brought us to a pool I had never seen that steamed. She snapped at the eunuchs who stood in the entrance of the private cleansing pool. They quickly left and no one was near.

"Undress yourself Deola," she commanded as I obeyed feeling powerless to her voice. She too undressed herself as my eyes ran up and down her beautiful body. My eyes stopping at her breast as I admired her nipples and then down to her hips and her le cul and chatte . She seemed to prance so my eyes would be on her as she stepped into the pool.

"Join me Deola," she asked as I joined her keeping my distance so not to fall into her spell of beauty. Her hands grabbed me pulling me close to her as I melted in her grasp.

"Tafari, where have you been?" I said as I grabbed her face in my hands. Those eyes of her shining as she smiled softly almost blushing in a sense as she hushed my questions.

"I am sorry I have been a stranger as of late. The duties of a queen are a constant and ongoing burden on my shoulders mon coeur (my sweetheart)," she chided in sweet nothings as her lips pressed against my neck in an earnest way to keep my displeasure of not seeing her under wraps.

She placed her lips to mine as I drowned in her essence yet again and nothing else mattered. Her hand stroked my sore face as she pulled away her eyes a glaze.

"Deola, do you see how I get with what belongs to me? I don't want to hurt you, for I love you too much to share you with any other soul." She said her tone concerning and protective.

"If I see you with Nyack in inappropriate ways again, you and he will pay the consequences. Do you understand??" she ended.

"Yes Tafari," I said as she kissed my lips staring into my eyes as she grabbed sponges handing me one as we scrubbed each other. And washed each other from head to toe, rubbing perfumed oils in one another hair.

Later that evening as we made preparation for the guest every servant in the palace was moving somewhere except I who stayed by Tafari's side the entire preparation process. Tafari joined the king in the main courtyard as the royal horns blew.

"Your majesties presenting to you King Jenue and Queen Amadi from Mali. And King Lencho and Queen Genet from the Congo," yelled the royal announcer as crowd of 50 people came in behind them as the royals greeted each other. The evening sky hid all their faces well.

"Come ladies follow me to our evening setting." She said as I attached myself to her left side as the other two queens traveled alongside her right side. The 40 other women following with murmurs. We finally made it to the large white concrete walls that had been decorated with silks and linens from all over the continent of Africa.

The women piled into the room filling all the tables as servants brought in pitchers full of wine. After all the women had about three cups the merriment began and when both of the queens unveiled themselves. It seemed that Tafari was not the only beautiful queen on the continent. Each had curly locks that hung way past their bottoms. Musicians began to play music and Queen Amadi stood in the midst of the company taking off another layer of her clothing. Her body gyrating in ways I had never seen one move before. All eyes were on her within the room as the musicians played. I watched Tafari who never took her eyes off of the beautiful golden bronze queen.

Some of her handmaids took off layers of their clothing as they joined her in a dance in sync. The night consisted of dancing, eating, and drinking. And when there was no more wine to give out, servants began getting showed to their rooms to give the queens space to socialize about matters of state. Queen Genet was so quick with her questions as she dished them out to Tafari who just as quickly gave answers. Queen Amadi asked few questions as her eyes constantly trailed up and down Tafari. I looked down many times to keep my composure in order not to be punished for jumping on a queen. Both were beautiful and made me feel so very low on actually being someone to Tafari.

"Ladies let us retired to our designated areas this evening so on the morrow we can write these treaties of trade bright and early." Tafari said standing as the other two stood following her out. I follow behind all three slowly keeping my distance as we dropped Queen Genet in her courters. While I watched as Tafari brought Queen Amadi to her courters as she told me to wait outside as she pulled Queen Amadi in with her closing the door. Instead of sitting by to listen I quickly walked towards the stables where the horses stirred to my quick footsteps.

Tears flowed down my face as I walked towards Kairu's stable, where his head looked out as he neighed softly at me as I hugged his head to me. He tried his best to console me with his nickers and neighs but it made the tears continue to flow.

"Deola, why are you not in the company of the queen?" I heard Nyack's voice say as I turned and ran into his arms hysterically crying.

"Shh it is going to be okay. You are too beautiful to be crying like this," he said as he wiped my face. As I froze looking in those honey brown eyes as he did that adorable grin of his. He grabbed my chin going for a kiss. I pulled away startled at the thought.

"Forgive my familiarity with you my friend, but I wish to spare you any punishment that could ever come from my queen. So I will head into the floating gardens, have a good night." I said quickly running off as my heart beat out my chest. When I made it to the floating gardens I laid behind the flower bed of gardenias until I fell asleep from crying.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

342 101 23
Mphoentle just finished college and she's moving into the big city to start her life,But things take a sudden turn and nothing she planned comes to b...
47 13 11
It is a story about a young girl who finds her happiness after crossing many struggle in her life.
154 24 10
it is about a promise a girl given to her mother by this how her life take different turns ..
10.5K 335 80
She was just an ordinary girl , but living a life no one deserves. ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️This story is triggering so please read own risk , it does contain...