Blowing In the Wind

By VannahMontannah

In her world full of trauma, entrepreneurship, loyalty, and insecurities, she finally decides to disappear fr... More

Welcome Home...Or Not
Stuck on Stupid
First Impression
Priorities Are Not Checked
The Lies You Tell
Trouble in Paradise
Down in the Deep
Making Up the Bed
Turn of Events
Key Exchange
Wasted
Unexpected Run In
This Is It
Blowing In the Wind

Accountability

3 0 0
By VannahMontannah

Back at Jayson's house, he is currently trying to figure out more ways to win Monti back. His friends had all left and Brandon had just got home.

"Hey Yay. What's going on?" Brandon asked, locking the door.

"This was all your silly lil idea. I can't believe I even fell for this shit!" Jayson yelled.

"Huh? What my nigga?"

"This stupid bet. Now here I am being desperate as fuck tryna get Monit back,"

"Nigga, thats your own fault. You the one who was thinking with your dick and now you in the love triangle. The bet was for fun anyways and now you deep into it. Ain't nobody tell you to mess up but you," Brandon said.

"I feel like you and it's a very shitty feeling. I knew I shouldn't have went along with this bullshit,"

"Well that was what the bet was about. To see if we gone swap places. And look, we swapped places...kind of. I actually like Kourtney and it's going pretty well. While you on the other hand let old fucking feelings get in the way and completely mess up. But catching old feelings for an ex wasn't a part of the plan. It was to see if you would have a glimpse of my used-to-be world. I would just ghost girls and find another one. Not go back to exes and continue seeing them. So technically, this is all you, fam. I know, a very stupid, long awaited bet. But I thought I learned one thing from you and that was to love and actually care about someone. Besides, I let that bet go a long time ago. I didn't think you would actually take that shit seriously after all it's technically using girls for fun. So the blame is on you my dude. You messed up because you wanted to. Not because of me. Have a nice day," Brandon said, before heading to his room.

Jayson was left to think long and hard. After all, he had a point. Brandon's old ways were not related to what he did and plus he stopped taking the bet seriously sometime after the day they met Monit and Kourtney. Jayson messed up because he still had some old feelings for Gabby and Gabby was pushing up on him and he couldn't resist it. If he had some self control, he wouldn't have to beg Monti for her forgiveness. Sure it was a stupid bet, but that has nothing to do with what he did. Jayson walked back to Brandon's room demanding answers.

"When did you stop participating in the bet?" Jayson asked.

"Like 2, 3 months ago when I was taking Kourtney to the movies and then she passed out and I met her at the hospital. And when she was talking to the nurse, she was talking about how her ex boyfriend took everything from her. Her house, her car, her property and something about her uncle disappearing. I really felt bad. Reminded me when mom and dad almost lost everything years ago. We were on the verge of getting put out of the house, the car was pounded, we got put out of school for weeks! Remember that?" Brandon asked.

"Yeah..."

"She was really lost and didn't know what to do. So from there I made it my responsibility to see her more, take her out, make her feel special. All the good things a woman expects us to do. And things have been going good so far. Which reminds me I haven't talked to her all day," He said, pulling out his phone.

"But how do you know if you're not going to go back to your old self?" Jayson asked.

"I realized being with one girl is actually worth it and besides, I got tired of all the drama and girls texting me paragraphs and crying and yelling to me on the phone. That's a lot,"

"Yeah, it is,"

"How could you even give Gabby the time of day when she cheated on you when you were nothing but all girls ever ask for?" Brandon asked.

"I don't know. I mean she was my only real relationship and it lasted for two years. I was invested in her,"

"She wasn't all that invested in you. And then she took you from your date? And she knew you were on a date? Yeah,"

"Well now I just feel guilty because this whole thing was based off of a fucking bet. Did you tell Kourtney about it?" Jaysona asked.

"Yes but it wasn't as easy. She was a bit confused and upset but I showed her my feelings were real and we're doing pretty good,"

"I already messed things up with Monti twice, man. I don't wanna do it again,"

"Just tell her when you're ready. I mean your friends and I see that you care about her and wanna make things work again. We'll back you up,"

"No ya cannot do that. That won't look good to the girls. They won't even believe ya,"

"Bullshit. I will back you up if nothing else works,"

"What if she is into somebody else?"

"Well...you have to live with it," Brandon said, shrugging his shoulders.

Jayson sighed and headed straight to his room and slammed the door. If he didn't get Monti back in time, someone else would.

GINO

The family house was quieter than usual. Ms. Maria booked a hotel for the weekend, Monti and Ryder were gone, and Dandy was upstairs, sitting in Gino's office, looking out the window. Gino was on his way upstairs to clean some of his office and come back tomorrow.

"What are you doing up here?" Gino asked.

"Looking at the view of a once happy home," Dandy said, rolling her eyes.

"You don't have to do this," He said, grabbing a box.

"You're telling me that but you're still packing,"

"I...I just don't want to leave our family,"

"You have a way of manipulating people. You were not thinking about your family when you were doing what you wanted to do. Your own mother is disappointed in you bruh. That doesn't make you feel guilty? Of course not," Dandy spoke.

"Dandy, I am sorry–"

"No, you're not. You're not. You're just saying that so I can be gullible again. No thank you. I had already filed and I am going all the way through with it. You should receive the papers soon. They will be delivered to your mother's home,"

"Why my mother's house?" He asked, getting angry.

"So she can see how fucking pathetic you are,"

"You're evil for that,"

"I'm evil? You have the nerve. Ha! Funny. But not funny "ha ha", funny "weird".

"You're being real childish right now,"

"You're another childish person cause you knew where I got it from if you wanna be technical,"

"Look, I wanna make this work, okay?" He said, putting the box down.

"No the fuck I will not! I am completely done with you! Done with you! Me, Ms. Maria, Ryder, and Montelliona! Even your mother! You are a sorry man! I will not allow myself to go through that anymore! NO! Finish taking your shit and go! You should have been gotten this office cleaned up. You got two brothers and 17 side hoes! They could have helped!"

"I cut all of them off for you!" He said, holding his arms out.

"You must be out of your rabbit ass mind if you think I'm gonna take you back after all you've put us through. Not! I want the rest of your things out of here by Wednesday and I mean it!"

"Fine. I will be have the rest of my shit out of her by then,"

"Such a manipulator I swear. Mad because you got caught. You're such a narcissist. I should have did this a long time ago,"

"Well you didn't,"

"That's why I said I should have. Wasted 15 years with someone who didn't even love me!"

"I do love you,"

"Hurry up and get out. I'm about to leave anyway. I'm going out with my girls. And I got three more weeks of vacation time and Imma enjoy every bit of it," She said, looking in the mirror.

"Where are you guys going?"

Dandy looked at Gino with disgust, rolled her eyes, and shook her head.

"So you've never cheated? Not once?" He asked.

"No. Because I had one man and one man was enough for me,"

"Maybe we can go and seek counseling for married couples,"

"Gino, it's over! We're over! Just get out. Imma have your shit mailed to you!"

"Are you serious?"

"Yes I am. Get out of my house. You are wasting my time!" She said, walking downstairs to the front door.

"Okay, fine. I'll go. But this ain't over yet," He said before walking out the door.

"Is that a threat?"

"Call it what you want,"

"Nah, call it how it is," She said, right before slamming the door and locking it.

TYREN

"Yo, Ty, we got a situation,"

"What is it?" Asked Tyren.

"Some of our boys have been getting caught lately and there's a potential snitch and 12 may be on our ass soon,"

"Who snitched?"

"We don't know yet but we're tryna find out,"

"Shit! I already got a situation going on and now one of the boys is a bitch! Aye! I need a favor? Get the guys in Sacramento to follow that nigga Ryder. He got my ex bitch with him and I don't know what the fuck is going on. He's another nigga to that's fucking up and it's not looking good for him either. I need one of ya to go and set something up down there. Imma handle the rest of this shit , man. Lemme call Lola. Niggas can't do anything right!

"Hello?" Lola answered.

"Hey, change of plans. When you get to Sacramento, catch a flight back. Imma have one of the dudes bring your car back. Imma have them finish the job and see what he up too. Something fishy is going on about that nigga,"

"Wait, what are you gonna do?"

"You know the deal. Why are you so sad? You gone miss them?"

"You're gonna get all of them?"

"Yes I am. Less evidence. End of discussion. Now hurry and get ther and my boys got the rest. You knew the deal when you got with me so don't even do all of that Lola! Bye!" He said, before hanging up. "This bitch is acting crazy like what the fuck! Yo, let's get this situation handled!"

"I lost his location!" One of the guys said.

"What you mean you lost it?" Tyren asked, rushing over there.

"It's gone. Looks like the phone has been disabled. I don't know how we'll be able to see where he is anymore,"

"What about Kourtney's?"

"Her's is off too. Both phones are disabled. They could have gotten new phones,"

"Okay, well can you see if you can get Monti's phone? That's Ryder's sister,"

"Uh, I can try and see if we can ping it with her phone number. Let me go to her business account and see if her number is there. If no then they all 15 steps ahead of us right now,"

"Shit! Just see what you can do. I'ma see about this snitch thing,"

At this point Tyren was stressed and reaching his breaking point. The police would be on him soon, Lola was acting weird, Ryder and Kourtney's locations had disappeared, and someone had snitched on their team. Tyren wasn't sure why they were all the way going to Sacramento...but then it all added up. Kourtney's uncle lived in Sacramento! Her friends were taking her to his house! And they would arrive within the next hour!

"Aye! They're headed to her uncle's house. Get the guys on the mission now! Hurry!" He demanded.

KOURTNEY

They were about an hour away from Sacramento and they had to hurry fast. Kourtney wasn't even worried about her uncle anymore. She was scared of what Tyren may do if they were caught. Since they disabled all of their phones, Tyren was definitely on the lookout for them. Kourtney was shivering so bad right now and she was having a panic attack.

"Guys, I don't know if this is right," Kourtney said.

"What's wrong," Asked Ryder.

"Tyren is coming," She said.

"Don't worry. We'll be quick. We're literally seeing what happened to him.

"No, no, no. You know how quick Tyren is. He is on his way! He is coming for you, me, and Monti!"

"Me?" Monti said, with a confused look on her face.

"Yes! I mean just look at it. Ryder is taking me, Tyren's ex girlfriend, to see about her uncle. And you're involved now. He's coming. He's about to come! I can't do this anymore! I just can't do it! I have to throw up. I feel nauseous," She said, placing her hand on her forehead.

"If we stop there's a chance he may stop and kill us all," Monti said.

"I feel really sick right now," She said.

"I'ma pull over just real quick," Ryder said.

Ryder had pulled over on the highway. As soon as he unlocked the car, Kourtney immediately got out of the car and puked all over the pavement. She had been stressed and worn out from all of the drama. She sat down on the concrete and let out her frustration by letting out a few tears. Her uncle could possibly be dead, her house and car was gone, and she barely had any family. She only had Ryder and Brandon and she didn't know if her and Monti's friendship would rekindle again. Kourtney was feeling it all and it was all catching up to her. She began to get a massive headache and became faint.

"We need to get somewhere quick," She said, almost falling over.

"Let's get her back in the car. She doesn't look too good," Ryder said.

Ryder and Monti picked Kourtney up off the ground and placed her in the back seat and advised her to lay across the seat. Ryder placed two pillows under her head to keep her elevated. While they were helping out Kourtney, a pink Range Rover had pulled in front of them. As she slammed the door, Ryder and Monti quickly looked over. Lola stood there looking at the two trying to bunch up some words.

"Didn't I do your makeup months ago?" Monti asked.

"Yeah..." Lola answered.

"Okay, what you pull over for you tryna help?" She asked.

"Man nah that's Tyren's girl. What are you doing here? Did you follow us? 'Cause ain't no possible way this is a coincidence!" Said Ryder.

"Yes I have been but–"

"Why?" He asked.

"Tyren basically forced me too. He just told me to go back home because he's handling it right now,"

"What you mean he's handling it? Asked Ryder.

"She's probably trying to get more information out of us and tell Tyren. We can't trust her. Let's just go," Said Monti.

"I'm serious. Look, Tyren has plans of killing all three of you and I didn't want that to happen and I think he knows that," Said Lola.

"Why does he wanna kill me?" Monti asked.

"Because you're a part of the plan. He already has his guy going straight to Sacramento. I'm not sure why you guys are headed there but it must be something serious. Look, about the day you did my makeup, Tyren wanted me to get some information about you because he had plans of taking over your property and finding out a little bit more about Ryder. I didn't know you guys were siblings. I just assumed you all were friends. I lost one of my siblings to this same type of shit and I don't know why I went along with his plan to help out but I realized this shit is real out here and I don't want no parts anymore. I was just in it for the money and the attention. But you can't go to Sacramento, they are going to be there," Lola explained.

"Who?" Asked Monti.

"Tyren's backup. He wants me to go back with one of his guys once I touch down so I won't be with you all for long,"

"I still can't trust you. I mean, you could be luring us back to Los Angeles so he can prevent us from going where we're going or you could be stalling us so they could come and shoot us down!" Monti said.

"That's not true, I promise you. Look, Tyren has treated me just like Kourtney and I can feel that he will just replace me too. I was the one who forged her signature. I'm not sure if this is true but if you are going to Sacramento to find her uncle, I just might know where he is," Lola said.

Ryder and Monti thought about it for a little minute. They weren't sure if they can really trust her since she is with Tyren and Tyren can have a lot of back up plans. But if she does tag along with them, they get more information out of her and make their jobs quicker.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.9K 1.9K 38
This story is about a girl named Destiny. She lives with the constant abuse from her father and an absent mother. All she really wants is to be loved...
18 6 9
After running away from her parents to elope with her boyfriend and being thrown from a cliff by her boyfriend, not knowing it was part of his master...
31.1K 824 13
(Rewriting) Tired of reading same old cliche teen romance where the good girls falls for the bad boys and the bad boys falls for the good girls? And...
27.9K 1.5K 29
Don't judge, try to know first. _________________________________ She is rude. He is polite and friendly. She is irritable. He is calm. People w...