Blowing In the Wind

By VannahMontannah

In her world full of trauma, entrepreneurship, loyalty, and insecurities, she finally decides to disappear fr... More

Welcome Home...Or Not
Stuck on Stupid
First Impression
Priorities Are Not Checked
The Lies You Tell
Trouble in Paradise
Down in the Deep
Making Up the Bed
Key Exchange
Wasted
Accountability
Unexpected Run In
This Is It
Blowing In the Wind

Turn of Events

1 0 0
By VannahMontannah

Three months have passed and some things are far from getting better.. Monti still wasn't talking to Jayson and Brandon and Kourtney seemed to be doing just fine. They have started dating and seeing each other more often. Gabby on the other hand was not in the picture anymore. She mysteriously disappeared from the internet and in person; she ghosted just about everyone she knew and no one knew why. Ryder was still dealing with Tyren moving drugs for him while getting paid under the table. Dandy and Gino, however, haven't really been getting along so well. Dandy is having mixed feelings about her marriage and she is trying to figure out how to handle it. Things weren't looking too good for a lot of people.

Kourtney and Brandon arrived at the movie theater around 8:00. They decided to see a horror movie only because that seemed to be the only good thing playing. Kourtney was still devastated over what had happened and tried to keep her cool. She was just happy that she got a bit of freedom from all of the bullshit.

"You okay?" Brandon asked.

"Yeah I'm alright," She said.

"Okay, I'm just checking. We are about to see a horror movie and I'm tryna make sure you are prepared," He said.

"I'm cool. I like horror movies. Me and Monti used to watch them all the time. We used to be up all night watching all the horror movies,"

"Well tell Monti to scoot on over cuz Imma take that spot," He said.

"Yeah..."

Kourtney had an uneasy feeling while being out with Brandon because Ryder told her to not leave the house. She became anxious at the thought of Ryder coming back home and she was gone. She also did not want to run into Tyren while she was out. She had her guard up the whole time. Suddenly, she started to panic and sweat due to her anxiety. Everything was going too fast for her; the room was spinning, her breathing became fast and heavy, her head was flipping out, then suddenly, she passed out.

Kourtney woke up in an empty hospital room. Confused and conflicted, she threw the cover off of her and began looking for her clothes and shoes. She began going through every cabinet to find her belongings.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! What are you doing?" Asked the nurse.

"I'm looking for my clothes and going home," she said.

"Okay we need to get you your discharge papers first," said the nurse.

"That's gonna take forever!" Kourtney yelled.

"Hey Ms., I really need you to calm down for just a second. You need to lay down and rest until we get your papers,"

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"You passed out at the movie theater just a couple hours ago. It could have possibly been because you have a history of anxiety, depression, stress, and panic attacks. Is there anything that triggered you?" Asked the nurse.

"Uh, I was with my friend and I just started to think about if I got caught by my ex. It's a long story between us and I wasn't supposed to leave the place where I was but I left anyway. And I thought my other friend was gonna come look for me. My anxiety was high, I was anxious, and I was scared,"

"You need to calm that down. You have too much on your mind. Stuff like this can decrease your lifespan sweetheart. I don't want that for anybody. Especially young women like you," the nurse spoke.

"Might as well let my lifespan get short! He took my house, my car, my money! Everything! How can he just do shit like that! My uncle gave me up and now he has all the ownership over everything! I don't have any family and no friends. They all hate me because of the occupation and life decisions I've made. The only person I have is my ex-best friend's brother. He's helping me,"

"How did he do that?" The nurse asked.

"He got my signature forged to sign off my property and now I'm practically homeless. Shit is ridiculous! I don't know what to do now,"

"Get yo shit back! You fight for whatever it is that you want! Don't sit ad let no nigga take the shit you worked hard for. Show him that you are not weak...take control. A man has to be real low in the deep end to take away something they never had to work for. You go and get your stuff back and get all the information you need to show. A man with nothing will run you dry! I've been there before. He tried to take everything I had when we divorced but I wasn't going down without a fight. You can take what you had and I take what I had and in my case, that was a whole bunch of shit. You try your absolute hardest to get what you paid for back in your hands. Don't give up for nothing. You get a lawyer, file a quitclaim, and you do your best to win. Don't give up baby girl" the nurse spoke.

DANDY

After that whole incident a few weeks ago, Gino and Dandy were on their way to finally being divorced. It was going to take a while but Dandy didn't care. Meanwhile, Gino is still moving some of his things out of the house and moving back in with his mother who is very disgusted in him. But the thing is, Gino is taking his time moving on purpose just so he can still talk to Dandy and see if he still has a chance. He'll get a couple of things at a time and come back.

This time he came back and sat down on the chair in his office and began to think. He had begun to think about his behavior and what he could have done to prevent all of this. His kids didn't even want anything to do with him and his family was already torn apart. He started to get teary eyed.

"Oh, don't start all that damn crying. I should be the one crying. But I can't cry. You just disappoint me and our kids every time. We've had plenty of breaks when we have gotten to see each other and you just decide to cheat? It makes me feel like shit knowing that the man I call my husband has lost interest in me. Ain't that some shit? Fifteen years of marriage and you choose to throw it down the drain? You are pathetic as fuck and you don't deserve to have a loving family. You nasty bastard ass niggas think ya can just run a girl down and when you finally have her ya have thee audacity to cheat. What type of fucking sense does that make? Like are you men gay these days? Do ya wanna impress ya lil friends? Like come on, which one of your friends be bending ya over to the point where ya just do everything they say?" spoke Dandy.

"Don't even fucking play like that!" He yelled.

"Boy fuck you! You're too damn old to be doing this anyways. You are forty pushing fifty. Cut it the fuck out!. . .We have been together since high school. I was 15 turning 16 and you just turned 17. I was a sophomore and you were a junior and we had this mixed class for journalism and we had this club after school setting up pep-rallies, remember that? We had worked together on the mascot outfit and we just clicked and became the best of friends. We would see each other after school, meet up under the bleachers, skip class and hide in the janitor's closet," She said laughing. "Those were the days. Then we graduated and went to the military together. Did you cheat in the military too?" She asked.

"No," He said.

"Mm, I don't believe that but Imma take your word for it. We have been together for 25 years, Gino. Why?" She asked.

"I was just lonely...I didn't have you by my side all the time and it was getting to me. I became selfish and started looking to other women to fulfill my needs. I wanted to feel like a man again. Even after I got what I got I couldn't stop fooling around. I had women around me all the time and my loneliness was gone, okay?" He admitted.

"So you did all of this because you were lonely?" She asked.

"I just wanted attention again. I was being stupid. They then started to come onto me and I gave in. Why not? It's something I've been needing to feel again. I-I just wanted to just relieve stress! I wanted to not worry about family shit! My kids don't fuck with me like that, my mother was on her death bed, Ms. Maria barely gives a fuck about me, I had busy schedules, I had so many meetings, I was exhausted and stressed out!"

"How long have you been cheating?" She asked.

"A couple years into the military. I stopped for a while and while I got a job as a surgeon it resurfaced again. I couldn't control myself," He answered.

"It's a wonder I haven't gotten anything yet. You and all these nasty ass women that you don't even know but you wanna risk it all when you have a partner for life! You asked to marry me! I never asked for this shit! I could have been better off alone with my babies. I never needed you, you needed me! I only knew for about three years but now I know it's been more than that. I feel so damn dirty," she stressed.

"I'm sorry-"

"You're only sorry because you had no choice but to tell me! Ryder was right about you. Instead of kicking him out it should have been you. I can't believe how you played it off so well. You pretended that you loved me and I meant the world to you,"

"I do love you," he said.

"No, you don't. If you did you would not have been with other women. You are a selfish bastard. You couldn't control yourself until you came back home to me. I have sacrificed so much for all of us and you were still ungrateful. When are men gonna learn that they are not only hurting us but themselves? Ya ain't gone realize what ya had until it is gone! Men these days don't have any sense. And we grew up in a time where loving your partner wasn't a crime. Nowadays it's a problem and I guess you followed through with it, huh?" she said.

"Dandy, please just hear me out,"

"I've heard enough, Gino. I've heard enough. Your mother raised you so well, she taught you everything from the do's and the don'ts. And you just threw all of that shit away. I want you outta my house," she demanded.

"What? No half of this is mine!"

"Bitch, I bought ALL OF THIS SHIT! I bought this house, I paid for the majority of this furniture, I got the house renovated, I did everything with the little time I had while I was at home! YOU WASN'T THERE FOR YOUR KIDS...Ms. Maria was! And we owe her some respect! Especially you! You selfish bastard! How the fuck you fly plans but have bad ass credit? That's where I came in and bought all this shit. That doesn't make any sense! Any! I am so fucking pissed! Pissed! If you weren't spending all that shit on them bitches you'd be okay! You get to take what's yours and that is it!" Dandy spoke.

"Fine...I'll leave,"

"You don't even care which is making me even more mad. You're ready to go aren't you? You already have a place to go don't you?"She asked.

"Since we're being honest, I do. But I wasn't ready to leave you. But I guess shit just has to end here..."

"You're such a sorry ass punk ass bitch! I should have already known!"

"Well where else am I gonna go?" He asked.

"Straight to hell!"

"You know what? I don't need this shit anyway. If you would have just done your job as a wife and minded your business this shit wouldn't have happened in the first place!" He expressed.

"Excuse me!" She yelled.

"If you would just do what a wife does, I wouldn't have even been doing what I've been doing. If you were just by my side!"

"What the fuck you mean? If I would have known you were this selfish, I would have never agreed to be with you! We were both in the fucking military working our ass off! We were separate from each other! When we did spend time together we had the most fun times in our lives! Just admit that you still wanted to have your fun while having someone to come back to! You married me as a fucking back up! JUST FUCKING SAY THAT! JUST SAY IT!" Yelled Dandy.

"ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, I DID, OKAY?" He admitted.

The room was tense and hot. The only thing you could hear was the wind from outside and the branches hitting each other. Their stares got longer and colder. Gino's breath became more and more heavy as he started deep into Dandy's eyes full of anger while Dandy stared at him in hatred. She was devastated that her soon-to-be ex husband did not want to be her. Twenty-five years wasted and put down the drain.

"I am going to file for divorce tomorrow. After this whole thing is over with, I don't ever want to see you again. And as for your kids? That's on you to form a relationship with them on your own by yourself. Get the fuck out my damn house!" She said.

He packed a couple of his things and left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 41 25
Sometimes you take advantage that you have your friends with you around all the time. And when it's time to split apart you're never really ready. Th...
218 0 17
"You're unbearable!" He kicks her with utter contempt. "Please tell me where I'm wrong, causing you discomfort was not my intention," she said crying...
1.2K 151 25
*(COMPLETED) "The worst thing about being lied to is knowing you weren't worth the truth." He bit his lip. "I wanted to te-" His eyes began to water...
459 5 12
In a world full of colors., Elleen is bullied by her own people. They always made fun of her just because she was little different from them . But no...