Blowing In the Wind

By VannahMontannah

In her world full of trauma, entrepreneurship, loyalty, and insecurities, she finally decides to disappear fr... More

Welcome Home...Or Not
Stuck on Stupid
First Impression
Priorities Are Not Checked
The Lies You Tell
Trouble in Paradise
Down in the Deep
Turn of Events
Key Exchange
Wasted
Accountability
Unexpected Run In
This Is It
Blowing In the Wind

Making Up the Bed

1 0 0
By VannahMontannah

Another failed date. I hope that bitch was happy. I will never understand why girls do shit like that. Like you couldn't wait till the date was over with? Just dirty ass females. And fuck Jayson too! He could have had some fucking self control! I cannot stand when niggas do me so wrong and treat me like shit. They are such bitches! Yeah he texted and called multiple times but that doesn't mean shit to me. He knew what he was doing and that Gabby bitch definitely knew what the fuck she was doing. How could a woman stoop so low like that? I was having a nice time until she showed the fuck up. I would never do no shit like that! I should have never went on that double date. I should have stayed at home. This was a bad idea. It's like I will never truly understand why I can't keep a relationship when I'm doing all the right things.

I took off all of my clothes and changed into something more comfortable. As I was getting ready to go to bed, Roger texted me. I was going to put my phone on dnd because I didn't wanna hear from anyone. But why not? If Jayson can talk to another bitch, then I can talk to another nigga too.

Two days have passed since the date. I woke up the next morning and checked my phone and I had two missed messages from Lola, 1 missed call from my mom, and 10 new missed messages from Jayson. Me being me, I opened up Jayson's messages first. He kept apologizing, he wanted to see me, he wanted to make shit right, and he said he'll even show up unannounced just to make up with me. I texted him back and told him if he really means what he said then he'll be here right now trying to beg for my forgiveness. He won't move a muscle...then my doorbell rang three times. *sigh* I ran downstairs to answer the door and of course it was him with the sad fake ass puppy eyes.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

"You have five minutes," I said, letting him in and closing the door.

"Look...what happened Saturday was not meant to happen. I havent talked to her since we broke up and I guess it was a bittersweet feeling. I don't have feelings for her, it was just for a moment. I didn't know she was going to follow us around but that gave me no excuse to abandon you like that. I'm so sorry I left you and embarrassed you. I tried to find you but I realized you had left," He said.

"I know I didn't tell you everything about my love life and what I've been through but I just want you to know that it hursts too keep feeling like shit because you niggas don't have any sense these days. Ya have absolutely no respect. The amount of times I keep getting treated like crap! This is why I'm single," I said.

"I know, I know. I've been through it too and I know it didn't seem like it but it most definitely happened. After we broke up, all girls ever wanted from me what sex and when I first met you I saw you wasn't like that at all. It only takes 15 minutes and they are ready to get naked. They care about my looks more than me being an educated man. They don't even bother getting to know me. That's why I was so nervous around you when we went on that date because I didn't know if you were gonna give it up," He said.

"I'm not that desperate for dick. They need help and healing. I don't even ask for much. Really I don't. Just be caring, honest, be consistent and take me out a few times then we can see how it goes. I don't ever make it past the dating stage. Sometimes I think it's just me but now I know the game. I realized that it's the insecure men who prey on vulnerable women. They use them for closure and as soon as they get it, they go on to the next bitch without a trace. No explanation, no apology, no nothing. I'm done healing and fixing a nigga for the next bitch. I'm not a place-holder either. You either want me or not. But nah, you men can't be honest with yourselves. So Imma tell you right now, if you still have feelings for your ex girlfriend then you can leave. I'm not in competition with no bitch. No bitch. I saw how you looked at her ass when she walked away and I saw how you were cheering her on when she got in first place on the go-carts. You didn't even clap for me until I got finished. You walked off with her like you were there all by yourself. You forgot about me and one thing I don't do is wait on no nigga to realize what he's done," I said.

"Monti, I'm really sorry. Please give me another chance," He begged.

"You want another chance? Go make up my bed," I demanded.

"What?"

"Go make up my bed," I said.

"Uhm...okay," He agreed.

I walked him up to my bedroom. He had a good look around my room as if it was a brand new apartment. Well I don't blame him, my room did look like an apartment. I only told him to make up my bed just to see if he would do anything to be back on my good side. Even then men are still full of shit and ain't worth a damn penny. Not even if they were a free sample.

"Okay, here's my bed. It's a mess. Now make it up," I said.

"It's not even that much," He said.

"You want a second chance or not?" I said.

"Alright,"

"I guess this is what it's like to be a beauty queen. A messy bed, a makeup guru closet, heels all over the floor, and a blue aesthetic room."

"And I guess this is what it's like to be a man begging for forgiveness," I said, giving an evil smile.

"Oh, you funny, He said laughing.

"And make sure to fluff my pillows while you're at it,"

"I did that anyway. My mama used to have us fluff her pillows all the time. Especially her furniture in the living room. She taught us a lot. Cook, clean, open doors, close doors, how to be a man. Our dad did too but he was always out because he had a big business to run. So we ain't really see him a lot but he was around," He said.

"Well if she taught you all of that, you shouldn't have done what you did," I said.

"I know. That's why I'm here now. And while we're at it, may you please turn on some music? Please?" He begged.

"Not only are you begging for my forgiveness but you're begging for some music too? Maybe it's time I do be more assertive," I said, bringing out my speaker. "What you wanna hear?' I asked.

"Something slow,"

"Okay. But since we are listening to some music, you're gonna help clean my room," I said.

"Fine with me, He agreed.

"Cool,"

I turned on my playlist full of slow jams as requested. The first song to come was Brown Eyes by Destiny's Child. I first heard the song when Saucy Santana and JT was on live singing it so I looked up the lyrics lhh. I'm not a huge fan of Beyonce but she has some songs I like.

"Fan of Beyonce?" He asked.

"Not a huge one. I just like some of her songs and some of the group songs." I said.

"You're the first girl I've met who wasn't a huge fan of Beyonce. They all love Beyonce. Can't say none about Nicki either or they gone attack yo ass," He said.

"I like some of Nicki's songs too but I'm not the biggest fan. Though I do respect her as an artist and the work she's put in the industry,"

"You're a different breed. Better not let somebody hear you say that," He said.

"I don't care. They don't pay my bills," I said, rolling my eyes.

"I know that's right. Okay, how does this bed look?" He asked.

"Mm...it could be better but Imma let you pass on this one," I said.

"Aw come on, them pillows are full of fluff and there is not one wrinkle in the cover,"

"True but one of the pillows are slightly crooked,"

"Monit, are you serious?" He asked with this hilarious look on his face.

"Imma let you slide though. Imma let you slide," I said laughing.

"What you need to do is put your hands on the floor to get these shoes and put 'em away," He said tryna clean my floor.

"It's just shoes. Ain't no mess. Ain't that's how ya niggas room be looking? A mess with old doritos under the bed?" I said, staring back at him.

"My room is actually clean. You should come over and see it one day. Or we can have a pool party between us two,"

"Is Gabby gone be there?" I asked placing my hands on my hips and rolling my neck

"No, Gabby will not be there. I promise," He said, putting my shoes in my closet. "This is a nice closet. I love the innovative idea, turning your closet into a makeup room. You should definitely get a hot lil spot and have business really booming," He suggested. He sat in my chair and started spinning around.

"This chair is for my clients only," I said, stopping the chair.

"Well where's the chair for the guests?"

"Right there in the corner of my room or you can sit in your car downstairs,"

"I think Imma take the fox fur chair in the corner," He said getting up.

"We still got a lil bit of work to do so don't get comfortable," I said sitting on my bed.

"Let's take a break. Let's talk a little bit. Or watch a movie," He said.

"Oh you tryna get comfortable?"

"You allowing me to get comfortable lowkey so yes I am," He stated.

"Okay I guess so. Well thank you for making up my bed," I said. I then got under the covers to lay down.

"Bro! Are fucking kidding me!" He yelled.

"I only had you make my bed just to see if you were willing to go so far to win back my trust," I said smiling.

"Well scootch over Imma get in to," He said moving me to the other side of the bed. "You think I'm finna make up a bed and not get in? Got another thing coming,"

"Well I mean it worked. You fell for it," I said.

"Then you had me help clean your room,"

"Nah that was your idea actually. You decided to start picking up my shoes," I said.

"I guess you're right.But no funny business," I said.

"I was just about to say the same to you,"

"Yeah whatever all I know is all my clothes better be on when I wake up,"

"They will. So does this mean we are friends again?" He asked.

"No, it means we are strangers until I make up my mind," I said.

"But strangers don't lay in the bed together," He said.

"Well they do today. Plus I could barely sleep last night. I kept thinking about how much she swept you away even after two years," I said.

"I didn't know she was going to be there and I did not intend for that to happen at all. I didn't even stay after you left. I went home,"

"Mm...I'm going to sleep." I said, turning the other direction.

Jayson turned around and wrapped his arm around me. I just told this man no funny business but I guess this is okay since it's not much going on. I still think he has feelings for Gabby and I don't care what he says. I don't put nothing past no nigga anymore. The only thing I can do is either be friends or just not speak to him. So yeah he may be here tryna prove himself to me but my mind is already made up. I don't think I see anything going on with Jayson...at least not now anyway.

KOURTNEY

Kourtney has been at Ryder's house all day bored as ever. She's been back and forth from Hulu to Tubi to Netflix to Youtube and so and so. She hasn't been getting any phone calls or texts lately. Her and Brandon were texting earlier but He hasn't replied to her in three hours. Kourtney was starting to realize how alone she actually was. She didn't have friends, family, no relationship, no anything. She knew Monti was right about what she said and failed to take accountability. Kourtney's mom and dad had disowned her after she got married because they did not approve of Tyren and her work she did previously which was dancing. Her grandparents were obviously not gonna accept her either and they are heavy on that Christian religion. The only source of family she had was a couple of her cousins, one of her aunts and her uncle but she hasn't talked to him. Neither of them had any space for her, as they said. Kourtney had to choose but to stay with Ryder and his parents until further notice. The thing is, his parents don't know she's there yet. Ryder was with his homeboys after the argument him and his mom had but he came back. Kourtney's phone buzzed and when she finally decided to look, Brandon shot her a text saying he wanted to see her. She agreed but she would have to find a way out of the house. She's been locked up in his room all day.

"Okay, how Imma get out of this house," She asked herself.

She looked at the window and luckily Ryder's room was on the first floor. She unlocked the window and climbed out the window to go and meet Brandon.

"Hey," She said, getting in the car.

"Wassup withco? You ready?" he asked.

"Yeah,"

"Ight," He said, pulling off.

"What you've been up to for the three hours you ain't text me back?" She asked.

"I was asleep," He said.

"You're lying but okay," She said, rolling her eyes.

"I'm not. I'm tired too, shit. But what about you?" He asked.

"I've been at my friends' house all day. I'm staying with her while my house is being renovated," She said.

"Oh okay. What you getting done?"

"Oh just my floors and my kitchen. Should take a month–probably less if they are quick," She said.

"Okay okay. You wanna go and go and catch a movie?" He asked.

"Yeah. What are we gonna watch?"

"There's this new scary movie I wanna watch. You like scary movies?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm down to go. I don't got nothing to do right now,"

"Well what did you do all day?" He asked.

"I was in the house all day just watching tv honestly. Just taking mind off of a lot of shit. I've been stressed as fuck. I lost my best friend, we don't talk anymore,"

"Monti?"

"Yes. She was really upset that I stopped caring about myself in a certain way. Me going out on a bunch of dates with these men who don;t even want shit from me but my body and shit. She didn't wanna be around that. I used a lot of the times to get me out of trouble when I couldn't't get out of it myself and she said it felt like she was my lawyer and a babysitter...almost like a mom too," She explained.

"...Does she think that about me?" He asked.

"...Yes. But I didn't listen because at the end of the day I am a grown woman who can make her own decisions but she was my friend and I should have taken her feedback...because she cared a lot about me...and I don't know how to get her back," She said, looking out the window.

"Oh...okay,"

Brandon did feel some type of way that Monti didn't like him because it reminded him of Jayson. Jayson has been telling him nothing but the truth as well. He gets tired of Brandon's shit a lot and he doesn't take the time to listen but he has that same mindset, he's a grown man so he can do what he wants. But in the end, it hurts people...especially the people you love. But the problem with Brandon is he has too much pride so he can't just up and tell Kourtney what Jayson says because he doesn't wanna drive Kourtney away and lose the bet.

"You know what if you really wanna be friends with Monti again, give her a sincere apology and appreciate what she has done for you. I'm pretty sure she still cares about you too, she just won't admit it. Just give it a try. One thing you don't wanna do is let go of something that meant a lot to you. That's like letting go of something or someone you truly value. Just don't wait too long," Brandon said, reaching over to grab her hand.

"I will try that. I just have to convince her brother to take me over to her house,"

"Don't you drive?" Asked Brandon.

"Yeah...I do but my mom got my car for a week until she gets hers out," Kourtney said.

"Oh okay. Whenever you're ready, go for it," said Brandon.

Brandon started to see what Jayson was talking about when he was getting on him for treating women wrong and how it was affecting people. Of course he still had that ego and it wasn't going away any time soon, but it did make him think. Did he really want to be lonely and a bachelor for the rest of his life or did he really want to find love in the right women? The world may never know. Brandon wasn't a quitter though, so he was not about to lose this bet over a heartfelt moment.

GABBY

Gabby was confused about her feelings towards Jayson. That day at the arcade was such a warm feeling and she hadn't felt like that in a while. It was a moment where she felt comfortable with him. Even though they've been broken up for two years, she still had love for him. But she didn't wanna go back to her past and finish something that was meant to end. She just enjoyed the closure because she knew it was not going to last long.

"Girl who you textin' like that," said one of Gabby's friends. (Jessica)

"Texting Jayson, girl," She said.

"Girl you know he's dating someone. Why are you even tryna talk to him still? If he dating someone and texting you, he just might do the same shit to you. I mean, who knows how many other girls he's been with after you," Jessica said.

"Yeah, girl. Personally, if I was on a date and my date was with his ex the whole night, she can have him," Another girl said. (Tyshon)

"Better yet, I'm fighting both of them bitches. The bitch knew I was on a date and the nigga was disrespecting me by even engaging in that shit and leaving me alone," Jessica said.

"So ya would beat me up," Asked Gabby?

"Hell yeah," They both replied.

"Guys, I don't know, okay? I'm confused. I don't even wanna get back with Jayson. It's just that he made me so comfortable, he was so gentle, sweet, caring, smart as hell, athletic, in good shape...I didn't wanna let that go but I had too. Now I'm all conflicted!" She confessed.

"Then what are you doing then? Just catching up?' Asked Jessica.

"Well yeah we are. He's doing really good for himself actually. Better than me but I'm getting there," said Gabby.

"Girl I wish DJ was here because you know she would not allow you to simp over old niggas," Tyshon said.

"Well no one is perfect and I understand where you guys are coming from. What really got me was our small kiss in laser tag–"

"Wait just a damn minute? You kissed another girls' date?" Tyshon asked, giving Gabby the ugly look.

"It just happened!"

"Gabby, how can you be so vulnerable?" Jessica asked, rolling her eyes.

"This is honestly so ugly of you. Imagine how that girl feels when you swoop up her man." Tyshon said.

"I know...I feel terrible,"

"What are ya talking about anyway?" Said Jessica, snatching Gabby's phone and reading her texts between her and Jayson.

"Jessica!" Gabby screamed, trying to get her phone back.

"Blah blah blah, blah blah blah...uh-uh Gabby! Nope–no, no, no, no ,no! What are you doing?" Said Jessica, scrolling through their messages with a disgusted look on her face.

"What is it?" Asked Tyshon as she leaned over to see. "Girl what the fuck?...Uh-uh, give me yo phone,"

"Give me my damn phone!: Yelled Gabby.

"This is the most booty, dick, and pussy I have seen in a long time. In a long ass time," Jessica said while scrolling. "Girl, what size bra do you wear?"

"Gabby, I am highly disappointed in you. This is not what hot girls do," said Tyshon.

"Wouldn't ya do the same thing if ya saw someone from your past who's been nothing but the best to you guys?" Gabby asked.

"Fuck no. If it ended then it's my time to move the fuck on. You know none of my shit was perfect so that's a definite no," Jessica said.

"I had one good guy but when we broke up I fell out of love for him and we are just mutual. I havet said not one word to dude in 6 months. I don't even look at him the same. I know every girl is different but I have no respect for no girl and no dude when they are messing around when one of them is dating someone different. Sorry Gabby, but you need to check yourself. I'm out. I'll see you when you get some sense," Tyshon said, grabbing her purse and leaving.

"Ian got nothing to say to you," Jessica said, tossing her phone on the bed.

"But we were all there and ya seen me with him and didn't say a word!" Said Gabby.

"Ian say shit because I'm tryna have a good time and I did not see a kiss at all. But next time, I will be sure to say something! Don't put none of this shit on us, this is about you and your morals. How would you like it if your date went and abandoned you for an old fling, huh? Exactly. I can't even believe you. All that talk about girls having no respect for people's relationships and you go and do this shit. And got the nerve to ask would we go back to a nigga who did us right after a break up knowing I've had bad experience with almost any guy I try to talk to. You know what I've been through. Gabby, you're letting yourself go over someone who isn't good for you no more. While you sending him your insides, he's probably laid up with the girl right now and doesn't even know it and probably doesn't even care. It's women like you who keep these men on high pedestal thinking they can do whatever they want so they can get what they want and make the next girl miserable. He ain't off the hook either cuz he's proving what we've all been saying. Niggas ain't shit!" Jessica said.

Jessican and Tyshon left Gabby in an emotional state. Gabby was disappointed in what she did. She messed up that girls date all because of old memories. She doesn't want Jayson back but at the same time she wanted his attention. Now she's on the verge of losing her friends because she's made a big mistake. So she decided to call him and break things off. For good.

JAYSON

Jayson was still with Monti. They took a cat nap and then decided to watch some tv. Monti didn't fully forgive Jayson yet but she was thinking about it. Jayson was focused more on his phone than the tv though and concerned Monti.

"Who are you texting like that?" She asked.

"Brandon...he's on a date with Kourtney and I think he's catching feelings so he's a lil nervous," He said, lying.

"He is a grown ass man, he will be okay," She said, rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, I guess so,"

Jayson's phone rang and it was Gabby. He panicked but answered the phone.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey are you busy?" Gabby asked.

"Nah, hold on," Jayson said, getting out of the bed and going to the bathroom. "I'll be back," He told Monti. "What's up?"

"We need to stop this. It's not a good look for me and you. Look, what I did the other night was not okay. I hurt that girl's feelings. As a woman, that was out of my character and I would hate it if someone did that to me," She said.

"I understand. I apologize for what I did too. I should have never led you on. I'm sorry. It was just a moment. I was on a date and I knew better," said Jayson.

"Yeah...you didn't think about getting back together, did you?" She asked.

"Uh...I did but uh, it wasn't gonna work. We've been through tough times in that relationship. It was deeper than typical relationship problems. We were not ready for each other. We were two damaged people going into a full relationship. And over the time I've met new people and expanded my liking. We had a journey but I'm on a new one and I'm trying to make it up to her," said Jayson.

"So you're making it up to your date from Saturday?" She asked.

"Yes, yes I am. Look, it was nice these couple days but I agree it does have to come to an end. This was a mistake and let's just put this behind us," He said.

"Yeah...I agree," She said.

"You Okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. My friends told me that they're disappointed in me because of what I did. So I had to come to my senses and end things. They really went in my ass with this one," She said laughing.

"Oh well you have some good friends,"

"Yeah I know. So I guess this is it.." She said,

"Yeah...I guess so...bye," Said Jayson.

"Bye..."

*click*

Jayson hung up the phone and took a deep breath. He knew things with him and Gabby wouldn't work after all the shit they've been through. He's surprised they made it that far. Anyways, once he hung up the phone, he opened the door only to find an angry Monti.

"You were talking to Gabby, weren't you?" She asked.

"I was breaking things off with her," He said.

"What the fuck you mean breaking things off with her? You were talking to her all this time?" She asked.

"...Yes but–"

"Get the fuck up out my house!" She said, angrily.

"Let me explain," He insisted.

"Fuck no! You were texting that bitch in my house and have the nerve to wanna get back on my good side!" She yelled.

"Monit, please let me explain! She called me and broke it off because she felt some type of way about you!"

"What the fuck she mean?" She yelled.

"She didn't wanna be the type of girl to take another woman's date so she stopped, Monti, I'm a dead ass!"

"That doesn't change the fact that you were still talking to her! How long was ya talking?"

"..."

"How long Jayson?!"

"Since the night at the arcade. She texted me on Instagram," He confessed.

"Ya had sex didn't ya?" She asked.

"No! We were only texting and calling,"

"Oh my God! You're such a fucking liar! I knew I shouldn't have trusted you! I just knew it! I knew I should have stayed at home that night but Kourtney convinced me! I knew it! I knew it!" She said, "I saw her name pop up on yo phone the second she called. I had a feeling you was texting her,"

"Monti, I'm sorry!"

"GET THE FUCK OUT MY MUTHA-FUCKING HOUSE! NOW!"

"...okay..."

Jayson grabbed his shoes, keys, and his phone and left Monit's house. Monti was left in a rage of anger by the time he walked out the door. He was just about to give him another chance right before he fucked up. Monti was heartbroken but not just about Jayson. She was hurt at the fact that she keeps allowing herself to continue to fall so hard for these men. She didn't even have strong feelings for him; she just didn't like getting disrespected. She only knew Jayson for a week and she was somewhat embarrassed that she even had the tiniest liking for him for her to even act this way. But whatever the case, she didn't approve of his actions. She blocked Jayson's number out of her phone and deleted it.

Monti was only 21 years old and for her to be going through relationship problems at this age was just unacceptable to her. She should have been living her best life and feeling free. Her dating life didn't go well, her friendships were steadily falling apart, and her relationships don't be about shit at all. She calmed down a while. She realized she couldn't be surprised over his actions because that's just how niggas are. They love to take advantage of a lot of shit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83 0 24
A teenage girl goes through a lot of difficult situations. She met a guy and fell in love with him even though she wasn't suppose to. Her decisions m...
168 21 19
It's lust at first sight for him, He's been through a lot in the past, He is not searching for serious commitment, But all his reasons drown when he...
18 6 9
After running away from her parents to elope with her boyfriend and being thrown from a cliff by her boyfriend, not knowing it was part of his master...
115 0 15
Madison thought she had hit the lottery meeting the guy of her dreams and quickly all her friends could tell that she was young and in love. This dr...