limerence; a daminette fic<\3

By sona_xo

daminette story damian does not believe in soulmates. so, why does taking up a silly online quiz about his s... More

a/n | playlist | aesthetics
chapter one
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen (m)
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen (m)
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one (m)
chapter twenty two (m)
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five (m)
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
epilogue | insta wars | the end

chapter two

1.5K 42 7
By sona_xo

"This ain't working."
"Hello?"
"You listening?"
"Damian."
"Damian."
"Damian."
"Damian."
"Damian."
"Damian."

Robin scowled at Jon. "I'm not deaf, Jon. I can hear you, so continue with your talk."

"Look at me while I'm speaking! Doofus!" Jon said angrily pouting at his friend. Damian just 'hummed' at his reaction. And then looked at him, with his intense gaze.

"Why-why are you staring now?!" Jon asked stammering with his words.

"Speak." Jon looks bewildered and then 'tch' at Damian.

The boy looks at him amusingly.

"THIS is pure craziness Damian! You can't expect to find a person who is Cancer and to be perfect! No one is perfect."

"If we have the will power to do something nothing is impossible and I'm not trying to find someone who is perfect, just someone who can make that girl maintain a distance from me." Damian speaks proudly.

"what bullshit." Jon mutters under his breathe while rolling his eyes.
"Jon, mind your language."

Jon sighs. "Okay, but to precise-we have gone through at most 200+ files. And no one suites your tastes."

"Tastes?" Damian tilts his head with confusion.

"It means you don't find anyone suitable to your standards."

The boy nods his head understandingly. (Jon is sure he doesn't understand at all)

"Well, we still have 40-50 files to go through. Let's resume our work."

Jon groans.

"Ruby Jane. 18 years , likes to go for walks , hate cat-

"Reject."

Oh god this is going to be difficult.

•••

It has been a month, Damian's mission to find someone who could make Ms.Mosses away from him- was still an undergoing process. In the mean time Ms.Mosses had started to annoy him more and more.

Damian was way more angry than he ever was. His father's no-killing rule was staring to be more irritating and obnoxious. He Just wanted to get his hands on that girl and kill her. But he couldn't do it. Last year he punched a boy, for bad mouthing him. And he was suspended from the institution for 2 days!
Once again his instincts were telling him to slit Angelina's throat.

But he couldn't. Everyone and everything around him made his mood cranky. Even though, Jon would reassure him couple of times saying 'someone will surely come and rescue you.' But now he felt that no one is destined to be with him. (Yes, he doesn't believe this stuff but is it bad to even hope for someone to like him?)

He huffs, and makes his way towards his class when suddenly he bumps into someone. He looks down and finds himself looking at a girl.

Anyways, the girl rubbed her head and then Damain as a gentleman extends his hand. The girl lifts her head and Yes- Damian never in his life believed in god. But today he truly saw a goddess.

She was extremely beautiful. Was she even real? Her eyes
Oh those eyes
those eyes
Reminded him of ocean
the sky.
The colour of her eyes were blue.

The girl grabbed his hand gently and Damian pulls her gracefully to her feet. She used her other hand to clear off the dust from her skirt. He realises the girl's height was pretty short. If he had to hug her-

What? No, no, no- he did not say hug her. He meant if he compared there heights, she would be hardly to his shoulder level.

She looks at him.

And his heart accelerates.

"Thankyou, uhm..
"Damian Wayne."

She smiles. And oh-

Damian understands why Bruce makes those not so funny cat jokes for Ms.Selina.

"Thankyou so much Damian."
The way her voice calls his name was magical. He looked at her lips again. Was she saying something?

"-so, can you please help me?" He nods dumbly
Huh, did she ask for his help?
This goddess wants his help. Sure who is he to refuse?

"Great! so where is it?"

Damian clears his throat.

"Can you please repeat miss?"

"The reception." He nods his head.

She looks at him. He stares. And then her cheeks turn into cherry?
"My hand."
Huh?
She lifts her hand- rather their hands linked together. He quickly removes his hand from her. And then with a swift turn- away from her, he gestures her to follow him.

His hands were still burning.

"This is the south block of the campus, and the reception is in the north block." He stops and looks at her small frame. His breathe hitches when he realises she has to move her head upwards to look at his direction.

"Ah- really? I'm not really good with directions." She answered rather sheepishly and rubbed her fingers. Her tongue was out wetting her pink and soft looking lips.

He clears his throat, once again.

"Understood." She nods and flutters her eyelashes to look at him.

*thump *thump

He quickly turns away and keeps his hand on his heart. He could feel his heart beating extremely fast.

Is he sick?

"Oh we are here!" She sounds so happy.

"Oh." He sounded unhappy.

Was he sad? Because this angel was going to part ways with him. Yes he was. But he wouldn't dare admit it. His ego was rather big- than his heart.

He nods coming back to his senses. She turns away and making her hair gently rest on her shoulder. As she was about to enter, she turns and looks at him.

Damian was frozen. She walks quickly towards him, making her skirt bounce along the way. She bows her head.

"Thankyou so much, Damian!" She gestures him to bend a little bit. He does it unconsciously and with a blink of an eye, he feels small feather light kiss on his cheek.

He stares, dumbly at the girl. "In France we do it to show gratitude." She blushes.

He nods, wide eyes and speechless.

As she turns away, his mute self decided to speak.

"When is your birthday?"

The girl innocently stares at him. Blinks and then a small smile.

"9th July."

And with that she disappears behind the door of the reception.

Damian was standing there. His heart beat fast. His cheeks red and his hands still burning.

"I found you."

•••

So, ngl I was pretty lazy to update this chapter.
I was a bit lost-like how should I make them interact?
I mean I've never seen a whipped Damian Wayne.
This idea came up to me, while having shower and I was like hell yes!

Ah- one more thing:) I will also keep on adding add-one that I've been preparing for this chapter!

I really love slow-burn but as a writer, it is so freaking hard to write slowburn! Because yo I have to be subtle and maintain the tension throughout!

But I'm a woman of my word! I will write slowburn and make it so much worth it for you guys!

Please wait for updates<3

Luv you(:)

•••

charlesss
25/08/23

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 5.5K 56
'๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ. ๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต, ๏ฟฝ...
34.9K 761 9
Marinette Dupain-Cheng formally known as Mari Quinn is returning to Gotham city with her classmates because of a school trip meaning that Marinette...
127K 3.2K 31
It's what the title says. Just so you know, most of them are tied together because I said so.
151K 3.2K 13
Marinette had lost everyone except her parents, clients, and her 14 real friends due to Lila. When Marinette gets 2 classes to go on a trip to Gotham...