The God Fruit (One Piece)

By Lillie1512

The Straw Hat Pirates, after defeating Doflamingo, depart from their new found friends and make their way bac... More

Jade Island
A Warrior Worth My While
The Demon Within
The Past Arises
Moving On
Deep
I Have a Dream
Sake, Suspicions, and Spotted Seals
Fireworks are Flying in this Heated Battle
The Girl on Fire
Pain
Version 2.0
Remember Me
Am I Doing this Right?
Epilogue: Snow

Farewell

1.6K 33 18
By Lillie1512

*Zoro*

I look down at Arya sleeping in the grass. What awful thing to go through. But now everything is out and in the open. Hopefully she can move on with her life and actually enjoy it for once. 

The rest of the crew is off doing their normal activities, seeming to know that Arya needs some times to process what is going on. I stop and I stare at them for a moment. Everyone single one of them has gone through some sort of ordeal in their life. I guess that what makes our crew so close

"Hey marimo lunch is ready," Sanji looks down at me and blows smoke in my face. I snap back to reality and see everyone sitting around food that Sanji set up picnic style. I stand up and look down at her not sure if I should do something or if she will be okay by herself, "Okay I am coming." I turn to walk away when I see Sanji take off his suit jacket and tuck it under Arya's head, "Don't worry marimo she will be okay. We survived didn't we?" He takes a long drag and walks toward the rest of the crew. Damn I must look bad if even that shitty cook is being nice to me.

Lunch goes on as it usually does with the Straw Hat crew until Luffy pipes up, "I think Arya should join our crew! She really good with a sword plus we don't have a God Fruit user yet!" Luffy has the big smile on his face and we know that he isn't going to change his mind. Robin is laughing as if she knew this was coming and with her intellect she probably did. 

Sanji went off excited that there is going to be another beautiful women on board and so is Brook and Franky goes on about how super strong our crew is going to be. 

Nami is the first on to point out the obvious, "If we bring her on board and she is discovered, we are going to have the strongest marines in the World after us all the time." 

Usopp screams and clutches the sides of his head, "You mean guys like Admiral Akainu and Kizaru are going to be after us all the time now!" Frank slapped Usopp on the back, "What happened to all of the courage you had Usopp. On the last island your were known as a God! You're not a chickening out are you?" Usopp stands up, legs shaking, "I am not a coward I am a brave warrior of the sea! Bring her aboard Captain! I can take down an Admiral." That idiot

I scratch the back of my head and look off into the grass, "There is actually something I wanted to talk to you guys about." I shift when I feel their eyes bore into me, "I have been trying to find a time to talk to you guys about it but Mihawk didn't want Arya to hear. He wanted to tell her himself." 

Franky's voice vibrates my ears, "Just spit it out man. What is going on?"

"Tomorrow the marines are coming to this island. Mihawk is certain. One of the men that works under him heard a higher up talking about it. People have gotten suspicious of Mihawk coming to this island so often. Mihawk thought it wouldn't be a problem but I am sure this Micah guy Arya was talking about might of had something to do with it.  Mihawk's subordinate said they heard someone talking to HQ that they have pictures of Arya using her devil. . . er God fruit powers. Now Mihawk says that they are sending a vice admiral or even an admiral to investigate the situation. He asked if we could protect Arya at all cost. He doesn't care if that means her coming with us or going with him, we just been to protect her." 

I could see the wheels turning in Nami's head, "Hawk Eye can't take her away now because all of his eternal poses go to marine bases. Am I right Zoro?" I nod and she continues, "So he has to wait until tomorrow  for his pose to reset just like ours which may or may not be before the marines are here."

Luffy boringly chews his meat and talks with his mouth full, "So we just get out of here before the marines come or if the marines come we just beat them up. We are a lot stronger now. We took flamingo guy and his family down. I am sure some marines won't be a problem."

"So someone like Vice Admiral Smoker or even Admiral Issho is going to come? Issho power was absolutely terrifying. If we fought him any longer than we did, we most certainly would have been dead," Robin said in a gloom reminder. 

Luffy wipes with mouth with the back of his hand, "If this has to be like it was two years ago and we have to run for our lives we will run. I do not care about defeating the marines right now. The only thing I care about right now is protecting our new friend!" 

There he goes again saying inspiring things. I can't help but break out smile and it seems like the rest of the crew can't either. Something deep inside each one of use know that Arya is going to get away. Once Luffy sets his mind on something their is no doubt about it, it will happen. I know Luffy wants Arya to be with us but if she doesn't that's okay to. Luffy would understand. It has happened before with Jinbei and Vivi and he has coped just fine.

Sanji, Chopper, and Usopp start to clean up lunch while the rest of the crew is sitting on rocks talking and smiling, seemly not to worried about the possible marine attack tomorrow. I do catch them glancing over at Arya checking on the pale figure lying in the grass.  Her mouth is partly open and she is breathing evenly. It looks like she is getting better the more sleeps she gets. I am glad. I walk over and prop myself up against a rock by Arya's feet. Someone needs to watch her or at least be by her. I do my best but I close my eye and start to doze off.

Before sleep can consume me, Chopper's small voice jerks me back to reality, "Is she doing alright? She past out pretty quickly from exhaustion." 

I crack my eye open to see Chopper and the shitty cook looming over Arya. Before I can say anything he answers his own question, "Her breathing seems to be returned to normal which is a good sign that her lungs are getting stronger."

A shiver ran down Arya's body causing goosebumps to rise on her skin. Sanji, without missing a beat, carefully slides down by her head and puts his slender hand under her neck to slid his suit jacket out from underneath her head. When Sanji tries to lift her head however his hand goes right through her neck.  Arya's body ripples, as if someone threw a stone in water. First  it turns transparent. Then it loses its humanoid form leading to her body falling apart to form a puddle of water between Chopper, Sanji, and me. Arya's body fell apart!? What the hell is happening?

I look over at  Sanji and his eyes look like there about to pop out of his head and his hands are trembling with small puddles of water cupped in them. Chopper screams pierce the air and draws the rest of the crew over in a panic. 

Franky asks first, "Whats the matter that sounded anything but super?" 

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Arya melted! Someone do something!" our captain cries out. 

Brook is biting his handkerchief, "she is completely gone. Even her panties are gone!" 

Usopp panics next, "What if there is some horrible disease on this island that makes people melt!" Usopp was clutching his head and  running in circles screaming.  

I see Robin cross her arms on her chest to restrain the flailing crew mates, "I don't think that this is Miss Arya. I am sure this is just a clone. Her flower and clothing disappeared to. She can only control water so her pin or clothes shouldn't of turned into water." 

Nami nods, "It just like when you or me makes clones. Do you think she ran off when she heard us talking about the marines." 

Robin reciprocates, "I think you are right Miss Navigator. I think our best option is to go back to the dojo and try to find Mihawk." Everyone quickly nods and grabs their stuff and hurrys off to the dojo. I hope she doesn't do anything to rash. She  hasn't completely healed yet. Her wounds will open up. Heh ya like I should be one to talk.

*Arya*

My dumbass of a father! Trying to protect me like I am still a young child. I can fucking take care of myself! I am about 100 yards from the dojo and my legs give out from underneath me.  Shit. Should of known that I couldn't run yet. Dammit.  

I sense my clone has been found. I couldn't make a very durable one with how weak I am right now. I only bought myself about ten minutes tops.

I push myself up with my arms and stayed hunched over in the grass for a bit. I can feel the sweat damping my skin. Breathing shouldn't be this hard. I finally catch my breathe. I pull my bag strap back onto my shoulder, straighten out my shirt, and rest my hand on Kokushiyō.  My Kenbunshoku Haki is weaken by the state of my body; I can't even check the whole dojo in one shot. I sigh and I decide to start from the east end of the dojo, the end opposite of mine, in which my father usually stayed when he visited.

The afternoon sun is moving across the sky and the dojo is alive with the sound of swords clashing. I walk outside so I would not run into any challengers on my way to find my father. On my way there I run my fingers along the side of the building feeling the wood grains beneath my finger. I wish I could run but I am exhausted from the short run to just getting to the dojo, plus I need to save my energy for the marines tomorrow. 

My thoughts wander as I walk over to my fathers room. Who could have possibly sent a picture to the world government of me using my powers? I never used them except on the beach at late hours or when I fought Zoro. My eyebrows crease when I started to think harder about the situation. Could one of the marines in training been spying on me? Could it of just been one of my fellow swordsmen  looking for  a reward? Had I made enemies here that I didn't know of? Maybe an upset challenger? 

I smirk and laugh at the questions flowing through my mind. I scoff.

 If I am lucky my plan was working, but what are the chances?

I rub my temples trying to ward of the approaching headache. I finally reached the side entrance to the dojo.  I can feel my father's and Gin's presence inside his room.  I step inside the building and hesitate at my dad's door for a second. A tornado of feelings has been whipping around inside of me since I heard his story this afternoon. The only thing I do know for certain is that my father has never done anything to hurt me so I guess I can trust him. 

I slide the door open and I am met my Gin's soft, aging face and my father's stern one. 

The room that my father stays in is set up just like mine; him and Gin are sitting on cushions around the center wooden table. Gin has a kind smile on his face, "Arya how are you doing? I haven't seen you since you have gotten up. You are looking well. Your father told me that you were off with the Straw Hats all day. Have you finally made friends?" The Straw Hats did consider me their friend. Did that mean I considered them mind? 

Before I have time to sort my thoughts out Gin continues with a smile forming on his face, tears wetting his eyes, "I am so glad that you are finally letting people in Arya. It has pained me to see you alone so long. Your father told me that you let them learn about your past. You didn't even tell me about that, I had to learn that through your father." 

I feel a little guilty about not telling Gin my story. He has been like a father ever since I have been on this island. Gin said my father asked for him specifically to watch over me. I have always wonder what their relationship had been but I never asked. 

The guilty thought its shadowed by a bout of anger. I turn glaring at my father, "The marines are coming to this island tomorrow and I had to over hear it from Zoro!? They have pictures of me using my powers! I think that would of been a good thing to know since they are trying to capture me!" 

My father serious eyes bore holes into me, "I wanted you to rest. I knew if you found out that the marines were coming that you would go into an uproar and probably open your wounds. Like you are doing now." 

I huff. He was right about me going into an uproar. I couldn't deny it. The marines killed my mom. I deserve a good uproar! I take a second to regain my composure, "You told that damned swordsmen instead of me. Why?" 

My father folds his hands and rest them on the table, "I needed their help. I don't know how many marines come tomorrow and what rank.  If you are going to get off this island I needed all of the help I could get." Get me off this island? 

"What about you?" I question him. He glances over and Gin who looks away from him. I erupt, "You can't risk your life for me! I won't let you do such a thing!" 

He starts, "I just want too be able to save what is left of my family. Arya don't you understand? Just let me d. . . " 

The sound of my hand smacking his face pierces the air, "You jackass! If you think I am going to let the rest of my family die, you got another thing coming! I don't care if we have to take on the world government alone, I am not losing you!"

Complete and utter silence. 

Gin has a soft smile on his face; happy to see the revelation. My father looks like his is about to burst into tears. That man shouldn't look like that ever. It is is not like him; it looks like someone just kicked a sad puppy. It's awful. 

Heat rises quickly to my face. Even if my brain didn't make a decision about how I feel about my father, it looks like my heart did. I turn around quickly embarrassed about what I said and try to escape through the door, but when I open it I hit something hard. I feel arms wrap around me and embrace me tight and twirl me around. 

"Arya we thought you melted!" Luffy is holding me at arms length now. His giant smile covering his face like normal. "shishishishi! I am so glad that you didn't turn into a puddle! You had everyone so scared!" I mumble out a sorry trying to avoid eye contact with everyone. 

I try to slip away put Luffy puts an arm around my neck, "Hey hawk guy. I just wanted to let you know that I plan on making Arya part of my crew and you can't stop me." 

I look up at Luffy confused thinking it is a joke, but he has a hard set expression on his face. My father booming laughter catches me off guard, "You want to make your enemy's daughter a crew mate. Nothing that comes out of your mouth surprises me anymore Straw Hat." 

Luffy eyes are still dead set, "I'll take that as a yes then." 

My father regains his composure, "That decision is not up to me it is up to Arya. If she becomes part of your crew, I am still a marine. This will make no difference. We are still enemies Straw Hat." 

I was about to protest but then I thought things through. The only way dad can protect me from the world government is form the inside. He is only one man. He cannot fend off all of the marines be himself even if he wants to.  I turn to my father and give him a small nod telling him a understand. 

I grab Luffy's surprisingly muscular arm, "Luffy their is something that I need to talk to you in private about." He looked confused but only a split moment when he saw the seriousness in my eyes, he nods, "alright." 

He turns to his crew, "I will see you guys at dinner." With that we walk off and end up in my room. 

I reveal my plan to Luffy. His voice becomes very quiet, "Are you sure you can do that to him? That man is your own father." 

My voice is as quiet as his, "I think it may be the only way to stop him. He needs to stay in the marines; it is where he can help the most. I know he wants to stay and protect me but I can't let him do that, not yet." 

I clutch Luffy's hand and look at him with pleading eyes, "You can't tell the rest of your crew this. It has to look real." 

Luffy squeezes my hand, "I understand."

*Zoro*

I have been playing nervously with Wado's hilt for about an hour and fifteen minutes. The rest of the crew is as impatient as I am. 

Finally Brook says what is on everyone's mind, "What do you think is ever so important that Arya wanted to talk to Luffy in private." 

Franky scratches his head with one large metal finger, "Do you think it is a battle strategy for tomorrow?" 

Robin looks up from her book, "But don't you think that would be something that she would want to talk all of us about?" We all silently agree. 

Suddenly the door slides open with a slam, "Sanji bring us dinner!" Our captain seems as energetic as ever. Arya on the other hand has a blank expression on her face. She seems worn down and exhausted. Chopper bounces to her side, "Arya do you mind if I check your wounds and vitals quick? I haven't  since this morning. I am sure you bandages need me be changed." She only nods and they leave the room.

Sanji catches the sight as he walks out with our food. He glares are at Luffy, "What did you do to my angel! She looks so upset." 

Luffy only reaches and grabs a piece of meet off the tray, "Arya is fine. She just had to make a tough decision, she will be alright tomorrow. Trust me." He shoots us a reassuring Luffy smile. The whole crew seems to feel better with that gesture and dinner continues as it normally does.

When Arya enters the room she sits between Luffy and me. I lean over gently and almost whisper into her ear, "Are you doing okay? You have been through a lot today." 

She opens her mouth as to say something but hesitates, "I will be fine Zoro, everything is changing so quickly it is hard to understand everything." Without any though my hand reaches for her hand sitting on her thigh. Once my finger tips brush her thigh I realize what I am doing. Arya turns to me and cocks her head to the right. I quickly maneuver my hand a clap it onto Arya's shoulder, "You will be alright. Everyone here has been through hardship. It blows now but it can only get better now." 

Arya looks down and plays with her food. "I really hope you are right Zoro. I don't think I can take anymore." With that Arya get up and leaves.

Shit. Why I  do never know what to say in situations like this. I don't know how to make people feel better like Luffy, the girls, I hate to say it Sanji, dammit anyone on the crew. 

I take a large swallow of my beer. 

I feel like this whole damn thing is my fault. If I could control my powers Arya would have left with her father six days ago and not at risk of  being caught by the marines. 

I chug the rest of me beer and slam the mug down. I am gonna train. 

Maybe find Arya and apologize. I don't know anymore.

*Arya*

I walk along the gardens in front of the dojo. The setting sun has turned the sky blood red as if the world knew that tomorrow there would be blood shed. As I walk along numerous smells bombard my nose. Lavender. Roses. Tulips. Nothing as good as the gardens at home but it'll have to do.

"Looks like you have made up your mind about tomorrow Arya." Gin follows in step beside me. That man always comes out of no where. 

I keep my head down, focusing on the flowers as we talk, "Yeah I think that it will be the best way. I think it is the only way that everyone will be happy." 

Gin places a callused hand on my fore arm, "I am really happy you and your father are starting to figure things out. I have known your father a very long time now and I know he is not as bad as person you always thought he was. I am elated to see that you are starting to see him the way I do." 

I bend down and smell a lily, "I guess my heart thinks so to. It will be hard to forget all of those feelings of the past. I felt like he abandoned me for all of these years."  

Gin puts a loving hand on my back and I turn around, "Have you every wonder why you ended up here?"

I rest my hand on my chin, "Well it is the island of swordsmen but its because dad knows you right?" 

Gin's mouth pulls into a smirk, "I was part of your dad's pirate crew." 

I was caught off guard, "No shit!?" Gin laughs. I cough, "I mean dad never talked about what his life when he was a pirate. I guess that included what happened to his crew. Why didn't you ever tell me?"  

Gin raised a brow at me, "Would you have let me train you if you'd known?" I scratch the back off my head sheepishly, "True." 

Gin and I sit down on a bench facing the garden, "Once your father became a Shichibukai he disbanded his crew. Some of them went to other crews, back to their family, and those who stayed loyal to him were stationed in different places. Your father is a very intelligent man. He has men in every branch of the marines at all different rankings. There are men sprinkled around the New World like me and even a few back  on the Grand Line. He has eyes and ears all over this world. Your father used them to get information on anything imaginably but now he is using them to protect you."

A soft wind blows my hair into my face, "My father is truly a smart man isn't he. To have an operation like that set up without anyone knowing"  

A small smile fills his wrinkled face, "Indeed he is. I don't think you could be in better hands." 

I let out a small hum. Gin and I sit in silence for a short while as the stars start to peek out. I turn to Gin, "Gin promise me that you are not going to fight with us tomorrow if we have to. You have to protect the neutrality of the island." 

Gin grabs my hand, "I know your father was saying the same thing when you walked in today. I promise I won't intervene. I would get killed by you and your father both." 

I let out a sigh of relief, "Thank you Gin it means a lot." 

"What else am I going to do for my star student." He states proudly.

Guilt pulls at my stomach, "Gin I never really told you how much I appreciate you taking me in and training me to be the swordsmen that I am today. I don't know where I would be without you. I have been so caught up in hatred that I haven't thought of other feelings, yet you stayed with me all of the times that I have yelled at you and lashed out." 

I stand up quickly and walk behind the bench and lean against the back. Tears start to threaten my eyes. Gin has never seen me cry and I don't want to start now. Gin pads over and tilts my head up, "You have nothing to feel bad about. You have been through a lot. Anyone would be upset. Now go to bed. Your big adventure starts tomorrow." 

I bit my bottom lip hard and hug the old man, "Thank you for everything. I don't know how I could ever repay you everything." 

The old man whispers, "You can live and if it is not to much to ask get along with your father." 

We step apart and I nod solemnly keeping the tears at bay. 

Gin bends down and pulls a flower out of the garden. The flower was about as big as my palm. It had light pink petals that had a black tear drop pattern in the middle. Gin broke the stem off about three inches so the plant only had one dark green jagged leaf. He hands me the flower and gives me a wink, "I think this plan will work the best too." 

I stand there my mouth gaping like a caught fish. I let out a short laugh and a small smile pulls at my face, "You really do know me better than anyone Gin."

Gin starts to walk away, "Good bye Arya. Send me letters and try to smile for your future companions." 

My voice falls almost to a whisper, "Goody bye Gin I know we will see each other again. Without a doubt." Gin puts up his hand in a small wave and flashes out of sight probably thinking it was only way that I would let him go. He probably was right.

As I walk back to my room it gets harder and harder to hold back the tears. Gin is the only person that has been there for me all of these years. He treated me like  his own daughter.  I feel bad that I acted like rebellious teenager the whole time. I feel like I treated him so horribly. He only wanted the best for me and I could only think about becoming stronger. I am going to miss him so much. 

I reach my room and try to duck in quickly to regain my composure. I feel as if I start crying I won't be able to stop. However the door across the hall slides open. I turn to see Zoro in only his black pants with his black bandanna around his arm. He looks at my quizzically and scratches his head, "Are you uhh.. doing alright? You don't look the best. Not that I mean you look awful but. . ." 

Something about asking if I am doing alright cuts the finally thread that is holding me together. I want to scream Do I look alright to you?  Instead silent tears fall from my eyes. Shit.

*Zoro*

Ah shit what did I do? She is crying. What did I say? What do I do?  Shit what I do now?

I let my instincts take over and I cup her face with my hands. My hands look even tanner against her pale skin as a wipe the tears from her eyes and off of her cheek. I keep following my body. I end up sliding the door to her room and backing her up into it. Something tells me that she wouldn't want anyone else to see her cry.

Arya doesn't say a word to me or even look up at me. I wipe her face one more time and look for a towel or tissues in the room. I spot a box of tissues on her desk and leave her for a moment to grab them. 

When I turn around she is slowly lowering herself down onto her sleeping map and props herself up against the wall. She places her sword and a flower at her side. I stride over and lower myself beside her, setting the box of tissues in her lap. She mindlessly pulls one out a dabs her eyes.

The tears seem to only last for not even a minute. She pulled herself together very quickly. 

"Hey" I nudge her slightly with my shoulder, "What is the matter?" I sit in silence for awhile and she doesn't answer; she just stares at the wall blankly. 

I relax there and study Arya for a moment. She is still in her clothes from this morning. She has goosebumps rising on her arms and thighs and she is even starting to tremble. Man this week has really been tough for her huh.

I push myself up and grab the extra blanket that Mihawk left on the table this morning, and throw it over her. Her slender fingers grab the sides and pulls it close to her.

I rack my brain for something to say and decide on, "You know crying and emotions doesn't make you a weaker person." Arya doesn't waiver, "Barely a week after I met Luffy I ran into Mihawk. I was so worked up about coming the strongest swordsmen, I attacked him right there. He was an asshole about it. He just used the small sword necklace thing he and just demolished me. Finally, he stuck me down with the black sword he wields. After I was pull out of the ocean, your father told me to surpass him one day. After that I started crying like a little kid and promised Luffy I would never lose again. Your father did not think less of me. He even said that he couldn't wait to see me in the future. The day we have our finally battle. My emotions don't make me weaker they make me have more convictions and drive me to become the strongest."

Arya is staring at me hard now. She just keeps continuing. My eyebrow twitches, "What are you staring at?" She turns to her side and grabs the flower from her side, stands up, and moves to her desk. Okay then. 

Out of the bottom, she grabs vials full of things I don't even know and one of those stones grinding bowls like Chopper has for medicine and goes to work.

I stand ready to give up when she speaks in a hushed toned, "I have thought wrong ever since my mom died. I have been putting training before everything, even my own family. I have missed so many opportunities. Maybe I could have been happy."

The grinding fills the room as a stare down at her, watching her work. I sit down on the cushion next to her and reply, "There is nothing you can do about it now." She glares at me. Jeesh those yellow eyes are scary when they are mad. 

I rub the back of my head, "What I mean is that we all have things that we regret in the past, but there is nothing that we can do about it. We can't go back and make everything right or live our lives a different way. All you have is what is right here in front of you. If you want to have a different life all you can do is try to make it better. I think you and Robin should talk sometime or even Nami. I think they would be able to understand more."

 I try to think of more ramblings to fill the silence but my thoughts are cut of my Arya's soft voice, "Thank you swordsman." 

I jerk my head her way. Her eyes are still down on whatever she is making, "ya ya don't mention it. By the way what the hell are you making." 

Arya pauses for a moment, "I couldn't sleep so I am making a remedy to help. What are you doing up so late?" 

I rest my head on my arm, "I was looking around the dojo and did some training. The damn hallways here are like a maze I couldn't find my way back." 

Arya stops what she is doing and just stares at me like I am stupid, "You really are stupid aren't you moss for brains. The hallways here are almost in perfect lines. Only a moron could get lost."

My eyebrow twitches angrily, "I am not a moron. The hallway here just suck. It took me an hour to find my way back from the bathroom tonight." 

Arya runs a hand down her face, "Have you ever thought of using your Haki to find your way back. You have to know what you crew mates presences feel like by know. Just use you Haki and follow them back to where you are supposed to be." 

I open my mouth trying to make a comeback but can't, "I guess I never thought about doing that before." 

Arya reaches over and flicks my head, "You dumbass." 

I rub my forehead, "What the hell was that for?!" 

She shrugs, "Just making sure it isn't hollow and surprisingly it doesn't seem to be." 

I fume, "Why you. .  you. ." She leans over and puts her hand behind her ear. I let out a roar of frustration and fall backwards.

I hear and small laugh and snap my head back forward. Arya was only laughing a little but along with it a small smile pulls at her lips. She seemed like a complete different person right then. She seemed almost warm, friendly, loving, or something. 

I stare at her dumbfounded until she looks at me, "What are you staring at?" 

I don't think, "You should smile more it suits you." 

She puts the cap on her creation and just stares at me, her light pink lips just barely apart, "Swordsmen umm uh thank you." 

She starts to put her stuff away when a weird demand comes to my mind, "Smile for me." 

Arya sits back down on her mat and just looks at me like a grew another head, "What do you. . . Why?" 

I move in front of her and kneel down, "Why not. Just curious what you look like. Unless you are ugly when you smile." 

Arya does a small waving motion with her hands and I am knocked to my side, "I am not ugly thank you very much, I just don't have a reason to smile." 

I lift myself up a bend over so Arya's and I faces are only a few inches apart, "I will give you a reason to smile." For a few long heartbeats I stare into Arya's eyes showing her how serious I am. Arya licks her lip and swallow. "Get some rest so we can kick marine ass tomorrow if we have to." 

I stand up and walk to the door and turn around at her voice, "I will hold you to that swordsmen. Good night." 

I leave her to sleep and slide into my own room. When I open my door I am greeting by another pair of piercing yellow eyes. 

I stretch my arms over my head and grab my elbow, "What do you want now?" 

Mihawk was sitting backwards in a the desk chair back in his purple pants and black tank top, "Do you still have it. You can't lose it." 

I roll my eyes, "Relax I wouldn't lose it. Why are you so convinced that Arya is going to end up going with us anyways? I mean if we wake up and the marines aren't here you are free to go aren't you?" 

Mihawk leaned back resting his hands on his knees, "I don't know anymore  Roronoa.  I am usually good with these kinds of things but it is different when it involves her." I understand his concern.

I lie down on my mat and turn on my side, "I think your are trying to think to much. When tomorrow comes you will know what to do. Plain and simple." 

Mihawk stands up and pushes his chair in, "Your primal thoughts do make sense sometimes Roronoa." 

I let out a sarcastic thanks, "Is that all you wanted to say?" 

Mihawk stops at the door, "Just do what I asked of you and Roronoa still follow your dream no matter what happens tomorrow." 

That is the last straw. I bolt up from my mat and grab Mihawk by the shirt, "I am sick an tired of this whole woe is me attitude. Stop being a pussy and man up to what is going on. The last thing your daughter wants if for you to die. Tomorrow you are going to live no matter what so your daughter can have a family. You understand me. Stop acting like a teenage girl.  Do you think your daughter wants to live without both parents or wants to worry about her father being captured by marines? All of this heart to heart emotional time with you is creeping me out. Stop being a coward and act like the pirate you are! You make me disgraced that my goal is to surpass you!" I scoff and push him away.

Mihawk eyes are wide and his mouth parts. He leans against the door, "Your right. I have been to scared that I will lose the the last of my family that I didn't think of what it would be like if  Arya lost the last of her's. I just wanted to protect her. I couldn't protect her mother." 

I cut him off, "She can protect herself. I hate to admit it but if I didn't lose control she would of defeated me easily and I have a three hundred million dollar bounty." 

Mihawk shouts, "I get it Zoro! I shouldn't treat her like my little girl anymore she is 21 after all. I guess I am trying to make up for all of the years I was an absent father."  

I give him a bored look, "And all the stuff that you have done in the marines was just for fun and not to keep her safe." He sighs and I continue, "your the most useful to Arya as a marine right now. I know it is hard to admit but now that people know who she is, admirals or worse will be after her and in the marines you'll be at the source of information and can let her know before the marines can even leave port."

Mihawk starts to be like himself again. He is holding himself high and looking down on me with his scolding eyes, "I hate that your right." He slides open the door, "Good night Zoro, don't disappoint me tomorrow." 

I smile. That's more like it. He is back to his almighty attitude. "Right back at you Mihawk." He glares at me and scoffs and closes the door. 

I lie down and try too fall asleep wondering what the day would be like tomorrow.

*Arya* 

About an hour into my sleepless night I hear a soft rap at my door. When I open it no one is in site. I try to use my Haki but they were fast enough to get out of my stunted range. Bellow me is a tray with a transponder snail and an envelope.

I take it into my room and open the tan envelope. There is a picture of me training one of the nights I was training in the ocean. I am in my underwear with water pillared around me. You can't make out to many features because it was night but one could certainly tell that those were my yellow eyes.

The transponder snail rings. I pick up, "Yes?" The voice on the other end starts, "Arya I haven't heard you sweet voice in such a long time."

It worked.

 -hours later-

Sleep alluded me all night along. The sun was just starting to break the horizon, so I decided that I would get ready for the long day ahead. 

I walk over to my closet and throw on a black tank top, maroon pants, and my knee high black boots. After that I dive into the depths of my closet and pull out a medium sized, light wooden chest. I pull out black bracelets embellished with ivy patterns. I attache then to mid part of my biceps, both my wrists, and wrap two around the top of my boots.  I feel like a gladiator getting ready to go to  battle. Kokushibyo as my weapon, my bracelets as my armor, and conviction in my eyes. Before I step out I clip mom's pin in my hair. She will give me all the strength I will need.

I grab an apple from the kitchen and use Soru to get to the beach quickly. I start an take a bite of my apple. Fuck so early!  Hatred fills my body as I see those iconic white sails. They are the reason that my mother is dead. A flash of Micah's face comes forward into my mind only making me steam more.  A fleet of six ships are about to come to shore in forty minutes.  

I waste no time and use Soru to get back to the hallway where the Straw Hats are. A walk down the hall and pound on all of their doors and turn to make sure they are awake once I knock on Zoro's door.

Sanji steps out first in his blue boxer, "Arya my angel! I don't care how early it is what can I get you?" 

A groggy little Chopper pokes his head out, "Arya are you wounds alright?" 

Nami and Robin lean out in their night gowns rubbing their eyes.  

Franky's big body leans out in just his speedo, "Man this is really not super. Why are we being waken up so early?" 

Brooks is only wearing purple boxer, "Is there a panty emergency?" 

Usopp jumps out of his room in anchor boxers with his wild black hair and his sling shot, "What is going on? Are there marines, zombies, ghost what is it!?" 

Zoro stands besides me and wipes his eye, "What the hell Arya?" 

I put my hands on my hips, "Get you asses up the marines will be here in 30 minutes!" Someone is missing. "Where is Luffy!" 

Nami slides open his door and hold him up by the scruff. He is still sleeping. Nami takes matter into her own hands and screams into his ear, "Hey sleepyhead the marines are gonna be hear in 30 minutes! If you don't wake up you'll miss breakfast." 

Luffy snaps to attention and turns to Nami and stares at her with pleading eyes, "I can't miss a meal. I will die! Sanji whip up whatever takes 10 minutes or less. Then we are heading down to the beach to kick some marine ass!"

I walk the other way, "I will meet you all at the beach. Please hurry." 

Zoro turns to me, "You really should eat something." 

I bite my apple and stare at him, "I think I am good. See you later." 

Zoro puts a hand on me shoulder, "Arya don't act rashly." I just walk away with my head held high. I have my mind set on what I am going to do. I can't afford for anything to go wrong.

I post up on my usually spot and a thought stirs into my mind. This is going to be the last time in a long time I will see the sun rise over this spot. 

I cringe as the purple and red sunrise is hidden by those blasted white sails. Those bastards killed my mother. I am suffering because of them and so is my father. 

I whisper to myself, "I could just kill them all right now. Just step into the water and neh"  I squish my palms together.

"That was a little childish of you wasn't it Arya." 

I huff, "No dad it wasn't. I could do it if I knew that they really had proof I was alive." 

My dad stood in his normal attire to left my side, "Dad you really shouldn't be here. If the marines see you with me they could see you as a traitor." 

He waves his hand, "I have it all figured out trust me."  

I look up at him "I do dad."  He chuckles and smiles at me and I give him a small smile back.

We sit in a familiar comfortable silence just like when we would read together back at home. The three of.  The thought saddens me, "I miss mom everyday." 

My father lets out a small hum, "I miss her too. That's why I was so happy that I saw you wearing her pin. You look just like her with it in." 

I roll my eyes, "I got your hair, skin, and eyes. I look like you one hundred percent." 

Dad's eyes become weary, "I wish a few of the pictures were saved so I could show you." 

"Ya me too, but dad this is not a time to be sentimental, the marines will be here in 20 minutes. We will have time later to catch up." 

"Aryaaaaaaaaaaaa, I thought I told you that you were going to be part of my crew." We turn around. Luffy stood their in all seriousness about his statement. The whole crew stood set and ready beside him. The laughable, lighthearted crew that I have gotten to know the past few days has completely vanished. They all gather around us and formed a half circle. They had stern, almost terrifying, expression on their faces.

"You guys don't have to be here. This is our problem to deal with." I inform them. Knowing my dad and I were more than capable to take down six ships.

Luffy just looks at me and his face becomes irritated, "You are my friend and friends don't leave there friends when they are in trouble. We will take down marines and explore the New World together!" Luffy puts his hand on my shoulder and smiles at me, "Now lets fight some marines!" 

I am completely lost for words. I reach up and grab Luffy's hand and give it a squeeze, "Does anyone in this crew have a long range attacks that can cover a wide area?" Nami steps forward and spins her blue staff, "Got ya covered Arya! Thunder Breed Tempo!" Nami shoots an egg like structure up into and it hatches into a larger thunderstorm. "Gust tempo!" The storm blows out over the ships. Nami winks, "one more thing. Thunderbolt tempo!"

The storm erupts over the ships. Lightening strikes two of the flanking ships hard and causes them to start to slow. There are shouts from the ocean.  Nami must of his two vital spots on those ship. Looks like they are abandoning ship now.   However the lightening seems to have no effect on the ships in the middle. 

"Nami has that ever happened before. It looks like your lightening is disappearing" I ask her. 

Nami looks as confused as I am, "No I can't imagine what it. . ." A bolt of lightening strikes the shore. 

Luffy turns to Nami, "Nami was that. . " But he is cut off as figure emerges from the lightening. The outline of the figure is tall about six feet two inches and about as build as Zoro. As the light starts to dim a blue buzz cut comes into view along with the cloak of a vice admiral. 

"Dracule Mihawk. Kikikikiki. What has it been thirteen years?" No. Please to God no. 

My father steps forward, "What brings you here Micah." 

Micah sneers, "I am here to pick up the God Fruit user."

 My father glares at Micah, "Is this some kind of sick joke Micah. My daughter was killed 13 years ago along with my wife. I thought you of all people would remember that." 

Micah just cackles, "Now now Mihawk do you really think I am dumb. Why would I kill the holder of the God Fruit? Your daughter is still alive and I have been looking for her for quite some time and my son Yoseph helped me find her." 

Micah hands my father a picture. It is a picture that I had received the night before. My father looked annoyed, "So this girl has yellow eyes. I have fought this girl many time on this island. I think I would have realized if she was my daughter."

My father was staying pretty level headed. It is going as I expected. Good.  Micah burst into a fit of laughter, "I though you were smarter than this Mihawk. You must be all brawn and no brain. I am glad that I reached out to her before you did. You daughter has an immense amount of hatred stored up for you. Isn't that right Arya."

A remove my hand from my pocket and step toward my father, "Yes Micah." 

I turn to my father and start to yell, "If it wasn't for you my mother would still be alive. Do you really think that I could forgive such a thing! You were a dead beat dad! You never were around and mom was lonely because of you! Once you found me over my mothers dead body, you just dropped me off on some island and left me!" A manic expression covers my face, "I will make sure you don't cause me any problems ever again." 

My father looks at me in terror, "Arya. . . what. ." 

I clasp my hand on my fathers neck and pierce his body through will my blade. Then I pull my sword out slowly. His blood turning black on my blade. 

Blood starts bubbling down from his chest pale chest leaving a bright red streak down his stomach. I made sure that I ran my blade right through his heart. My father falls like a rag doll to his side. I watch his eyes roll back. The blood collects and turns black in the sand. I lean down next to my father's still body and whisper so only he can here, "Farewell father. Please forgive me." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And scene. Sorry that this chapter took awhile! Hopefully it was worth the wait. I am looking for a kind of insulting name that Zoro can call Arya like his does with his other crew mate. Like dartboard brow for Sanji. All you input on the chapter is appreciated! Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

605 56 7
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ After defeating a nearby boss in the last island they encountered, Luffy and his crew were forced to wander around in the sea sinc...
13.2K 453 22
"cause im a giver, it's only nature... ...i live for danger." ••••••••••••••••••••••••• no one on the sea nor on the land doesn't know her name. ever...
45.3K 1K 34
[ON GOING!!] When the world's greatest swordsman's daughter falls in love with the Legendary Roronoa Zoro. ------- Photos aren't mine. I do not own a...
407K 17.5K 119
As (Y/N) is sent out on a mission for a whale named "Laboon" with her childhood friend Vivi, She encounters a particular crew that piques her intere...