England's Bloody Rose

Bởi Flytrap4534

Lydia Euphemia Potter. Daughter of Fleamont and Euphemia Potter. Heiress of the Potter fortune. One of the gr... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #1
Flashbacks Chapter #1
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #2
Flashbacks Part #2
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #3
Flashbacks Chapter #3
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #4
Flashbacks Chapter #4
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #5
Flashbacks Chapter #5
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #6
Flashbacks Chapter #6
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #7
Flashbacks Chapter #7
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #8
Flashbacks Chapter #8
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #9
Flashbacks Chapter #9
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #10
Flashbacks Chapter #10
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #11
Flashbacks Chapter #11
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #12
Flashbacks Chapter #12
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #13
Flashbacks Chapter #13
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #14
Flashbacks Chapter #14
Flashbacks Chapter #15
Mid Story Character Guide:
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #16
Flashbacks Chapter #16
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #17
Flashbacks Chapter #17
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #18
Flashbacks Chapter #18
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #19
Flashbacks Chapter #19
Iolanthe Potter: Epilogue:
Flashbacks: Epilogue:

Iolanthe Potter Chapter #15

2.4K 79 0
Bởi Flytrap4534

Iolanthe Potter trembled as she sat on the dock. In five minutes, she'd have to dive into the depths of the Great Lake. She felt more confident then when she faced the dragon though. Her method had no way of failing. 

"How are you feeling?" Fleur Delacour asked empathetically, worried for their youngest member.

"Nervous," Iola twiddled her thumbs, "but not as nervous as I was by the dragon."

"I'm sure you'll do great," Theodore Calderon-Boot smiled, "you're one of the best in your year. Chin up Iolanthe."

"Thanks Theodore," Iola said softly, "I appreciate it."

"Hey now," Theodore laughed, "we're in this tournament together. Call me Teddy. All my friends do."

"I'm glad the older champions are being good to her," Lydia whispers to Benjy, "she's in a tumultuous stage in her life. I'm just pleased they're acting like mature adults."

"So am I," Benjy confesses, "I was worried that people would take it out on her."

"Then call me Iola," Iola returned, "most people call me that anyways."

"Iola it is then," Teddy offer his hand, "let's bring the glory to Illvermorny!"

"For Isolt!" Iola pumped a hand in the air, grinning with school pride.

"Champions!" Ludo Bagman called, "at the call of the horn, you will all dive into the lake. You have one hour to retrieve your captive." The horn sounded, and the divers began their preparations. Fleur and Cedric conjured bubble-head charms, and Teddy was wearing a fully body wetsuit, and had scuba gear on. He immediately enchanted something on his air canister, and dove in after the others. Iola took a big gulp, and quickly swallowed the clump of gillyweed Neville had handed her 2 weeks earlier. She had read about the bubblehead charm herself, but wasn't confident in her ability to keep it sustained underwater for a full hour. Her hands rushed to her throat as she chocked on the sticky substance. She gasped for air, and she felt her limbs changing. Rushing into the water, she finally felt her breathing return. She looked at herself, and noticed her webbed toes.

"All of them are extremely clever," Alice observed, "Delacour and Diggory went a fairly dangerous way. Any minute they could lose control over the spell and drown. Iola's was also rather risky, but far less then them. As long as she's quick enough to get her captive out, the gillyweed should last her. Calderon-Boot's strategy was rather brilliant in my opinion. I noticed the patterns of the spells he cast. He cast a strengthening spell on the canister, and an automatic refilling charm."

"So the air in the canister would replenish," Frank picked up on her thoughts, "and the canister itself wouldn't break. You're right my love, it was rather brilliant." At that, Frank kissed his wife.

"Stop being gross," Nico blanched at the sight, "you 2 are far too lovey dovey for my taste."

"Shut it Nicholas," Frank stuttered, still blushing, "you're just jealous."

Iola immediately swam into the depths of the murky lake. She passed many different fish and all sorts of reefs. She took a deep breath, before allowing her natural magic to overtake her. Silver flooded her irises, and she sensed the souls of the captives. No longer lost, she immediately rushes in the direction of the captives. Suddenly, a swarm of grindlows arrive, and they try using their strong, brittle fingers to drag her. Thinking quickly, Iola uses the revulsion jinx, and shoots hot water at them. Burned, the grindylows wail, and Iola swims hurriedly in the direction of the hostages.

When Iola arrives in the small mermish village, she stares in horror. Four victims are tied to a post, and are in some sort of enchanted sleep. Iola burns with the desire to help them, but knows her gillyeed could finish any moment. She would not allow herself to possibly drown, for people who were anyways going to get rescued. Iola could sense the summoning runes on the poles, ones that would allow the judges to bring the remaining captives back to the surface. The other three would be fine. Casting a tempus spell, she realized that she had 20 minutes to spare. Iola rushed to her captive, her lovely cousin Benjy, and cast a relashio spell on his bindings. 

"Good move," Moody commented, "trying to save the others would only put her in danger. The merpeople seem to be leaving them alone, but one wrong move, and there's a battle.

"Honestly," Lydia says, "I'd probably try saving them all."

"You're a reckless, noble gryffindor," Lily says, "no wonder you would. Your daughter seems to have some common sense."

"You're also a noble, reckless gryffindor," Lydia points out.

"But I'm not a variable in this equation," Lily smirks, "I never tried putting myself in her situation. You did."

As Benjy came to, Iola immediately cast the bubblehead charm on him. She wasn't sure how the spells the judges had put on worked, and wasn't going to leave her cousin, no, brother's safety in possible jeoprady. "We need to get to the surface," Iola spoke, he voice garbled because of the gills and water. She looked mournfully at the captives she was leaving behind. Cho Chang, the stunning asian beauty, a small girl who closely resembled Fleur and was likely the younger sister the former spoke often and fondly of, and a familiar dirty blonde boy. Steve Willow was a mysterious boy. A year older than her, Steve had a well known, strange relationship with Teddy. Teddy, his brother Robert, and his girlfriend, Annie, were all extremely protective over the 5th year student.

"Ascendio!" Benjy shouted, and his form shot up. Copying, Iola cast the spell, and she too got up.

"And the oyungest contestant, Iolanthe Potter comes up!" Bagman shouts, "her captive, Benjy Potter, is perfectly safe. Oh, and look he's saying something to the helpers at the surface."

"Iola will come up in a second," Benjy informs the people who rushed to dry him off, "the gillyweed hasn't worn off yet. It still has another twenty minutes at least."

"Very well," Madam Pomphrey, the medic on hand tutted, "she'll need these towels when she gets up." Sure enough, 25 minutes later, Iola was on the surface, Sirius helping her dry off. One minute after the hour was up, Cedric and Cho arrived on the surface, and everyone rushed to help them. Twenty minutes later, a sopping wet Teddy arrived, Steve clutched in his arms, bleeding profusely.

As the staff rushed to dry Teddy off, Teddy shouted, "First Steve!" As all the champions sat on the pier, Fleur was freaking out.

"My sister!" she kept shouting, "where's Gabrielle?"

"She'll be alright," Iola walks over to comfort Fleur, "I saw summoning runes on the poles by the village. The judges should be bringing her up to the surface any minutes."

"Excellent observational skills," Gideon Prewett decided to voice his opinions, "she'd make an excellent auror."

"I agree," his twin, Fabian, added, "although, judging from her attitude, if she'd ever join the aurors, she'd probably work for MACUSA."

"Fair enough," Gideon agreed, "but seeing as she's in England now, I rather hope some of our nephews can make an appearance."

"Merci!" Fleur shouted, flinging herself on Iola, "I've been so worried."

"Don't be," Iola mumbled, "they're bringing her up now."

With that, Fleur rushed over to her sister, leaving Iola to return to her father,

"You did splendidly," Sirius kissed his daughter on the forehead, "really hit the ball out of the field there."

"She did, didn't she?" Amelia joined the people at the pier, "they're announcing the scores now. Let's see how well she did."

"In first place," Professor McGonagall announces, "is Ms. Iolanthe Potter of Illvermorny, who with excellent use of gillyweed, returned with 20 minutes to spare. We've awarded her full 50 points."

Cheers erupted, as Illvermorny cheered for their peer. "That's my girl!" Sirius shouted, grin as wide as a mountain range.

"That's my daughter!" Benjy and Lydia shouted in the past, cheering for the child they'd never get to watch grow.

"And our granddaughter!" Euphemia and Fleamont added, pride blossoming in their old hearts.

"In second is Hogwarts's Cedric Diggory," McGonogall allowed a smidge of fondness into her tone, "he scored 47 points for returning one minute late. He displayed a brilliant use of the bubble-head charm, and brought Ms. Cho Chang up safely."

Hogwarts erupted in cheers, and Iola noticed that the Hufflepuffs were especially loud. They were quite excited at the prospect of the Hufflepuff winning.

"He has 85 points now," Benjy whispered to his father, step-mother, and sister, "and our Iola has 87. Iola's going to be in first. There's no way anyone can beat it. Teddy has 45 points, but he was really late. And his captive was harmed. Delacour may have 41 points, but she didn't even rescue her captive."

"It seems you have a nice chance of winning this," Amelia squeezed Iola's shoulder, "your Mum would be dancing on a table by now."

As Amelia had said, Lydia was, at the announcement, dancing on a table. As soon as she heard Amelia's statement, she sat down abashedly. It seems she was predictable. That was not good. Lydia lived for her unpredictability.

"Thanks Lia," Iola thanked her aunt/step-mom, "I appreciate it."

"And in third," McGonagall continued once the cheering quieted, "is Mr. Theodore Calderon-Boot of Illvermorny. Scoring 40 points, Mr. Claderon-Boot displayed impressive ingenuity with his, as I've been informed by Headmistress Hicks, scuba suit. He, however, was well outside the time limit and his captive was severely injured. This would normally have diminished his score much more, however, after consulting the mermaid cheiftess, we have uncovered it was not his fault. His captive Steve Willow was heavily allergic to a component in the water, and went into a state of anaphylactic shock. Mr. Calderon-Boot was unable to rise to the surface until he'd stabilized Mr. Willow's condition. Therefore, we settled on a higher, 40 point score."

Shouts were heard from the Illvermorny section. "WHY WAS STEVE DOWN THERE THEN?!" people were screaming, "HE COULD HAVE DIED! ALL FOR A STUPID GAME!"

"I mean they're not wrong," Hestia cleared her throat, "but aren't there more refined ways of going about it?"

"They're Americans dear," Tina answered smilingly, "from the Land of Freedom of Speech. You think they're ones to mince their words?"

"Fair enough Mrs. Scamander," Hestia blushed at speaking to THE Tina Scamander, "I guess it makes sense."

"I agree," Sirius thundered, "anaphylactic shock is no joke. This was a case of gross negligence by the staff."

"And lastly," McGonagall continued on, ignoring the loud protests, "is Fleur Delacour. She receives 25 points for her use of the bubblehead charm. However, she was caught by grindylows, and forced to resurface early."

"I deserve nothing," Fleur sobbed, still gripping her sister close.

"Let's go," Sirius guides Iola to the large tree that he and Lydia used to hang around, "we have a lot to speak of."

The scene shifts, and Iola is seen sitting with Teddy and his girlfriend, Annie Yaller.

"I can't believe you're doing so well," Annies complimented, "you're an impressive witch Iola."

"Thanks," Iola replied, looking up from her book, "so are you. Teddy wouldn't have gotten nearly this far without your assistance."

"You make me blush," Annie giggled, "what are you studying? Champions are exempt from their finals,"

"I wish," Dorcas sighed, "studying for O.W.L's are going to be such a pain."

"Are O.W.L's really that hard?" Lily asked softly.

"For you," seventh year Kevin Thomas smiled at Lily, "they'll likely be very manageable. For others, they'll be extremely difficult."

"Oh," Lily blushed at the older student's compliment, "thank you."

"It's not for finals," Iola turned the book around, "it's a book about physics. I'm trying to figure out how to best use gravity to my advantage on the ice."

"On the ice?" Teddy voices, "whatever do you mean?"

"Oh," Iola blushed in embarrassment, "I'm a professional figure skater. I've won a few championships here in London. I've been trying to understand the science behind skating, so I can improve my act."

"Really?" Annie's eyes widened, "you've won championships?!"

"Yup," Iola grinned proudly, "My teachers have told me I'm nearly olympic level."

"Do you want to skate in the olympics one day?" Teddy asks curiously, "because if you do, that'd be really cool."

"I've never thought about it," Iola actually contemplates, "maybe I would. I really like being on the ice."

"She loves skating that much?" Sirius turned to Lydia, "she kind of reminds me of you. You love quidditch far too much."

"What can I say Pads," Lydia shrugs, "I'm a mean chaser."

"It's not totally unprecedented to go back into the world of the no-maj's," Teddy continues, "and it's actually rather normal in England. If that's what you want to do, I say go for it."

"Thanks Teddy," Iola beams, "if I do, you'll be one of the first people I'd tell."

"Speaking of telling," Annie leans down, "is it true? Is Ms. Scamander really getting married?"

"Stasia's engaged?!" one enraged aunt and uncle shout, "who dares to sweep our firecracker away?!"

"Why don't you let the films tell us?" Newt calms his children, "and don't be so over protective. Anastasia is, at least in the films, a grown woman capable of making her own decisions."

"Yes Dad," the twins chorused glumly, although their fire simmered down.

"Oh, that," Iola shrugs, "yeah. She's marrying this guy she met in Venice. His name is Daniel Valencia."

"I never thought she'd get married," Teddy remarks, "she's far too serious."

"My dad says the same thing," Iola rolls her eyes, "before making the stupid serious Sirius joke. Uncle Reggie always hexes him after."

"You have a large family," the older Thunderbird wizard commented.

"I do," Iola proclaimed proudly, "and they're all extremely powerful and accomplished witches and wizards."

"You're really lucky," Annie sighs dreamily, "getting to learn from some of the most influential witches and wizards of the 20th century."

"I am, aren't I?" Iola agrees, "and I'm eternally grateful for it.

The scene ends on a positive note. Perhaps to prepare the audience for the heart-breaking events about to unfold in the next scene.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

120K 3.1K 35
A pair of twins will save the world just like the stars predicted... A potion and a series of books will change the timeline... A girl will begin to...
110K 2K 108
________________________________________ *CURRENTLY RE-WRITING* finished by- 25/05/24 (hopefully) current re-write word count- 145,249 It's always...
444K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
553K 14.1K 33
Faye Luna Montgomery, the name of a girl who is anything but ordinary. Her father dying when she was ten and her mother murdered when she was sixteen...