Trollhunters: The Short Stori...

By TheWonderland04

A re-vamp of our old one-shot book. Based on Tales of Arcadia. It contains, what-ifs, fluff, whump, and even... More

His Hidden Talent
Her
Him
More Than My Trainer
To Catch A...Trollhunter? Part One
To Catch A...Trollhunter? Part Two
Captivated Heart
The War on the Inside
Hang On, Jim

Tainted Lullabies

159 4 1
By TheWonderland04

Summary: Jim is cursed to an eternal slumber and guarded in Trollmarket despite Morgana still being contained within the crystal. The race is on for the remaining Trollhunters to collect Jim's resting body and return his soul. That wouldn't be so difficult if Claire hadn't been the one to do it.

What-if to I'm Dating a Sorceress/The Exorcism of Claire Nunez

Characters: Jim, Morgana, Toby, Blinky, Aaarrrgghh, Claire, Strickler, Gunmar

Rating: K

»»-----  -----««

Metal feet stomped through the house, heavy breathing accompanied the noise as the sound traveled down a dark hallway, furniture lay on the floor, thrown and shattered, and holes in the wall spread throughout the house. The crunching of glass as the pattern of feet stepped upon the broken picture frames made it all the more eerie. The silence, beside the Trollhunter running for his dear life, was unwelcoming.

Speaking of the Trollhunter, Jim was frantic as he skidded around a corner, sweat dripping down his forehead and he rested against the wall. With a turn of his head, looking behind only to find no one following, letting out harsh breaths as his metal hand covered his amulet, doing his best to try and breathe for the time being. His mind whirled at how any of this was possible.

He and Claire had been on a double date with Toby and Darci. The idea itself was nice since Jim and the team had barely gotten out and they both had love interests. It was difficult to act as if things were normal since Darci was not filled in on the adventures they had at night.

Jim had been nervous, he and Claire rarely went on dates, well, in Toby's case, they haven't. He didn't want to make things worse, he still couldn't believe that the girl of his dreams was actually interested in him. Messing things up was something Jim didn't want to do, despite the fact that they had shared numerous kisses and she had risked her life for him.

The date was going well until Claire began to act weird. She had ordered a steak raw and asked for it to be dripping in blood. That should have been the warning instead of trying to act like everything was normal, even when Darci was sitting across the table.

However, it got even worse when Claire was fighting herself, a steak knife in her hand, pointed at Jim and her face held a dark grin. He blamed Toby, being threatened by a knife was not flirting. Damn it, why did he believe that!

She had tried to kill him, not even minding that people were around, and worst of all, with a steak knife. After the date, Toby had planned to head to the movies, leaving Jim alone with a psychotic Claire due to her saying she didn't feel all that well. After inhaling a raw steak, of course, she wouldn't be feeling fine.

Now, Jim was running for his life when he was introduced to Morgana who was using Claire as a puppet and that kept Jim from fighting back. He couldn't harm her. However, that was Jim's downfall, he couldn't defend himself properly, only armed with soft objects. He tried to leave the house, yet, the exits had been blocked due to the excessive furniture throwing.

Finally catching his breath, he turned, ready to keep going in hopes that he could find a way out, yet, a loud scream escaped his lips when Claire, no, Morgana, was staring at him, another killer grin on her face. On, Claire's beautiful face.

Her hand smacked against Jim's stomach, the Trollhunter flying back into the wall, cracking it before he collapsed to the ground. He was going to be so screwed, this was the second time he was destroying the Nunez's poor house due to the misfortunes of Trollhunting.

Standing with a glare, Jim eyed Morgana, venom in his words, "We will defeat you, just like we did with everyone else, you won't win!" He cried out before taking off, her laughter echoing through the house, sending chills down his spine as the haunting sound followed.

"You think you'll be around, you may be Merlin's Champion, but you will FAIL!" As she called out, the words turned into screeches, Jim's hands covering his poor ears as he ran up the stairs and instantly to Claire's room. His fingers hooked onto the window, using his might to open it, as it lifted, he hadn't noticed Morgana stiff behind him, her hand waving and causing the window to fall, nearly slamming Jim's fingers in if he hadn't been too quick.

He turned to face her, his chest rising and falling rapidly. "What do you want?" He asked in a menacing tone, "Leave Claire out of this and do what you want to me." With no answer, she cascaded closer to him, her piercing gaze staring him down.

Her hand caressed his cheek, the skin was still as soft as if Claire was touching him, even if it was Claire's hand holding his face, it was not her loving touch that followed. Instead, the fingers buried into his cheeks, a grunt escaping as she held him. His armored hand grabbed her wrist, trying to pull her grip away.

"You out of the way, for the Eternal Night to arrive and no one to stop it," she hissed.

"If you kill me, a new Trollhunter will arrive. No matter what you do, the amulet will choose until it finds someone that will end you."

She let out a sharp laugh, "I know that and that is why you will not die. Instead, you will be resting in eternal sleep, the amulet with you. As long as you are alive, the amulet will not call to another. There will be no Trollhunter to stop me when the current one is having his beauty sleep."

Jim couldn't hide his worry, the emotion causing her great pleasure. Suddenly, her grip tightened, lifting him from the floor. She began to speak as Jim struggled, his hand gripping his sword but staring at Claire's body had stopped him from going any further. Instead, he swung his legs, aimlessly trying to kick her but as she continued to chant, his energy was draining, and quick.

"No," Jim breathed out, his eyelids growing heavy but he fought, trying to tune out her haunting lullaby. "Let go!" His words began to slur together as his legs stopped kicking, his grip on her arm had faltered.

His eyes moved, finding a glowing yellow emitting from his skin, he could feel the emptiness as his soul left his own body. This was really happening. His mind muttered before it grew foggy and his train of thought became no more. His eyes trailed back on the beauty of a face, hoping to dream of Claire if he was forever cursed.

The last thing he saw was Claire's face twist into a successful grin. Then, everything went black.

NotEnrique, who had been hiding under Claire's bed, spectating the whole thing had shivered when Morgana lifted Jim and the amulet off the floor, a portal ripping in the air and her body vanishing through it, along with their hero.

"This ain't good," he muttered, his eyes drifting to Claire's discarded phone that had dropped when her bag spilled on the floor. An idea formed in his head as he reached for the device, trying to quiet his whimpers as he dialed a certain number.

They were in big trouble.

-

Gunmar eyed Jim's limp body, his remaining eye narrowed at Morgana who had entered Trollmarket, dragging the Trollhunter behind her, well, behind the young girl she managed to possess.

"He was supposed to be our Dark Champion," Gunmar reminded, voice dropping into a deep octave. Morgana simply ignored him as she laid Jim on his back, putting the amulet on the boy's chest, and laid his hands over it. His chest didn't move but his heart continued to beat beneath his pale skin, the amulet matching the rhythm and flashing with every heartbeat.

The position he was in almost made it seem as if he was dead and laid in a casket, ready to be presented at a funeral.

"If I am correct, you tried that last time and failed and Draal will be freed from his hold. In search of the staff, your control will wear. Instead, I took my chance and put him in an Eternal Sleep, the amulet won't choose another if he is still alive."

Gunmar glared, "That wasn't a part of the plan."

"It doesn't matter, as long as his body is guarded, he will not be found. His soul inhabits the Shadow Realm. His friends don't have the amulet or their protector. They have no one to guide them to Merlin's Tomb so you can retrieve the staff without an issue."

"You expect me to believe this will work?"

"Yes, his friends may find Merlin but that man is weakened, the only one to stop us was the Trollhunter, now there is no one." She gave a sharp glare. "Now that my job is complete, you will keep your promise to free me, I took out the obstacles." With nothing else to say, Morgana left, moving out of sight of the Dark Lord.

With a sigh, Gunmar turned to the resting boy, as he grew impatient. After dwelling in the Dark Lands for centuries, his mind had been set on only one thing. Killing the Trollhunter who had murdered his son and feasted on the fleshlings above, ready to claim the land once more. He didn't feel the need to have setbacks but he also knew he needed the help of the Pale Lady to reclaim what was his.

The mother of Monsters had promised an Eternal Night when Gunmar had roamed the woods during the time of King Arthur and after being exiled to the Darklands at the hands of Deya, his solemn focus was to seek revenge and finally watch as Morgana fulfilled her promise.

Now, he was close to finally taking back what was destined to be his. He had worked hard to take Trollmarket for himself and as he laid eyes on the crystalized cage that had imprisoned Morgana, otherwise known as the bottom of the Heartstone, he sucked in a breath.

He could not argue, he knew it wasn't worth the breath. He had to free her fully in hopes to take what was his. Granted, taking the Trollhunter and keeping him alive was not his focus but there was nothing he could do.

He just prayed this worked out and the land above bled under his feet.

-

Blinky paced the hallway of the Nunez house, Morgana's evil cackle echoing from Claire's room. They had left the door cracked despite Morgana not being able to leave the ropes that bound her to the chair.

When they received the call of Jim vanishing with Morgana as what NotEnrique said, the Trollhunters rushed to the house, finding Claire who seemed to act dumb to the situation. She had mentioned that Jim had returned home and Toby instantly caught onto the lie.

It was hard to capture such a sorceress, yet, when Strickler arrived, chanting strange spells, she had been instantly bounded in magic chains. They could barely process how it had gotten to this point and Toby had been staring at the house, shaking in a panic as he saw the damage, knowing his friend had fought for his life, which made Blinky all the more worried.

Despite Toby ditching them for time alone with Darci, his gut feeling had warned him of imminent danger, and instant regret settled in, leaving the team in silence and where they had been now.

Strickler guarded the door, book in his hand and his face twisted in concentration. NotEnrique and Toby watched as Blinky had nearly worn down the floor just by his excessive pacing.

Flipping through the pages, Strickler had finally found what he had been looking for. Clearing his throat, he glanced up at Blinky who had immediately stopped, looking at the Changeling with hatred but also worry.

"I have found what we need to get both Claire and Young Atlas back," Strickler simply said, the team perking up and getting closer, keeping their voices low so Morgana hadn't heard their planning. "Claire's body is trapped between the two worlds, the only way to retrieve her is to go into the Shadow Realm. Jim's soul is also there, however, the two are very different. His body is asleep, so his soul would be too. We can't talk to it like you can with Claire."

"So how do we save Jim?" Toby wondered.

"More importantly, find him." Blinky cut in.

"First we need to save Claire, she can wield the weapon better to keep the staff open long enough for someone to find him but we need Jim's body. If we take his soul from the realm and it sits in the mortal world too long, he and the soul will die. For it has nowhere to go and it will fade. The Shadow Realm is taking care of Jim, just like a Goblin does with a baby within the Darklands."

Blinky tensed at the news, his fist clenching, "So, what's the plan? They wouldn't leave the body for us."

"No, but they would bring it to Trollmarket, meaning we have to go in and retrieve it," Strickler added.

"So we have to break into Trollmarket, defeat a ton of guards, then beat Morgana as well?!" Toby cried out.

"No, not yet," Strickler answered. "We have to keep our focus on Claire, the longer Claire is trapped, the stronger the hold Morgana has on her. Jim can last longer than Claire can. We are not defeating Morgana, we are simply putting her back in her cage."

"That is proven to be a difficult task, we are still going against the Pale Lady," Blinky gestured harshly to the door.

"It is different, Morgana isn't at her full potential. She can be forced out of someone else's body. She will fight but it is possible to do. That is her downfall."

"Uh, not to burst the bubble, but she isn't at her full potential, and look at the damage she caused!"

"She's strong, but not when she possesses someone else. We need Claire," Strickler stated.

"Once Claire is back, we can use the staff to sneak into Trollmarket, and appear right next to Jim!" Toby said excitedly. "No breaking in!"

"With no soul, will the staff be able to detect him?" NotEnrique asked.

"And more importantly, we can't just appear right beside Jim, the Gumm-Gumms will be guarding it. They need to make sure he won't wake." Blinky added in. "Strickler and I will stay and free Miss. Claire. I do not trust you alone!" The troll scolded.

"I have taken the hint," Walt's unamused look and the sarcastic tone were enough to get Blinky fuming, however, he sucked in a breath and continued on with the plan.

"NotEnrique and Tobias, you two must sneak into Trollmarket, unnoticed, there will be no need for fighting if you two can keep out of sight. Aaarrrgghh will guide you. If Gunmar knows you are there, I fear the worst."

Toby grinned, "Don't worry Blink! We got this!" His confident smile had been worn until he stood in front of Trollmarket, NotEnrique perched on his head. "How do we get in?"

"Well Tubby, we can sneak behind the guards that had just come back from scouting." The Changeling hissed quietly, Toby's face twisting in confusion.

"How do you know they come back from scouting?" Toby's head pivoted in the direction of NotEnrique's finger, finding the said guards heading back, the Horngazel in hand. "Oh."

"Oh," NotEnrique repeated with a scoff before he quickly took up the slanted concrete wall, hiding from view as Toby followed, struggling but having made it in the nick of time. Toby's heart was racing, he watched as the scouts descended down the crystal staircase, ignoring him as he pressed against the stone wall, trying to calm his breathing.

"Okay, now we just have to get down there, great," Toby muttered as he turned to look at NotEnrique, only to find the small troll had vanished. "NotEnrique? NotEnrique!" He whispered harshly before the sight of a familiar green head came into view.

"You comin'? I know of a shortcut, somethin' Mr. Trollmarket couldn't keep me from sneaking in." Toby gave a pleasing grin before following his Changeling friend through a narrow passageway that could not be used by much bigger trolls.

And while Toby had not been the side of a normal troll, he had still struggled to press himself into the opening, the jagged rocks rubbing harshly against his back and stomach, tearing his sweater vest lightly.

"Man, Nana will kill me!" Toby cried out as he heard another piece of fabric tear.

"Shh!" The small Changeling hissed out, peeking his head through the end of the tunnel, and we all knew that Toby was rather grateful they had made it out. The tight space already caused issues, his being confined in it longer was something he was not looking forward to.

Yet, Toby couldn't dwell on the thought as he instantly noticed a wave of guards cascading through the deserted streets of Trollmarket. He quickly pulled NotEnrique with him, the two ducking behind crates as the loud metal stomping grew louder, a familiar voice echoing.

"Find Dicatious! Gunmar demands for the search!" Usurna cried out, staff clicking against the ground. "He couldn't have gone far!" Toby's eyes peeked through the cracks of the crate, noticing how the traitor had looked nervous, eyes moved frantically around as she searched for Dictatious.

He had to wonder what had happened on why she seemed so tense, not like he cared, she purposely ruined their plans and murdered Vendel as she worked for Gunmar. However, curiosity struck in him, especially since they were also searching out Dicatious who was another that served the Dark Lord.

Shaking the thoughts from his head, he turned to face NotEnrique who watched the guards move away, the duo going completely unnoticed as they appeared from their hiding spots.

"Alright, we need to find Aaarrrgghh," Toby whispered, "he should be here somewhere."

"So, we are supposed to look for both Jim and Aaarrrgghh when one is being guarded and the other is hiding. Great." NotEnrique hissed out.

"It shouldn't be too hard," Toby stated.

However, those words bit him in the rear, it was difficult. They could not yell for him, otherwise giving away their positions, and constantly ducking behind something as guards continuously scouted the areas was getting annoying.

The diving was taking a toll on Toby, and while NotEnrique was having a much easier time, Toby wished for this to all be over, begging silently to find his friends. That was until, one of their hiding spots had been a slight crater near the wall, trash flowing around the area, their bodies easily blending in.

"NotEnrique, stop rubbing against me," Toby warned.

"Uh, that ain't me." He answered back, Toby's body tensing instantly as he slowly turned, Whoever ever had been behind him had copied the action, the two facing one another, however, there was no yell of panic.

Only a tight hug with pure joy. "Wingman!"

"Wingman!" Aaarrrgghh replied, pulling the boy close. "Why you here?" He quickly added when the realization struck.

"Jim, they brought him here, did you see anything?" Toby asked.

Aaarrrgghh's glare narrowed as he looked in a specific direction. "Saw Gunmar, angry. Leaving Vendel's Quarters."

"That's where they must be, can you lead the way, big guy?" Toby asked with a small smile, a simple nod coming from the troll. "Alright, let's go get him."

And with that, they took off.

___

"In there," Aaarrrgghh moaned out, his head gesturing to a tunnel that had supported six guards, each watching in every direction.

"Great, how are we supposed to get in there?" Toby hissed out, peeking his head out from their hiding spots.

"Distract, I take out guards." NotEnrique stood, fingers intertwining as if he was cracking them, stretching out his arms.

"This is me specialty." The small troll said before standing on all fours and hopping towards the guards, "Hey! Pigheads, come and get me!" NotEnrique laughed as the brainless guards eyed one another, three splitting off to give chase to the small disturbance.

"Alright, Wingman, do your thing!" Toby said excitedly as his vast friend roared, head tucked low as he used it as a battering ram. While Toby was nervous as they weren't exactly quiet and Gunmar plus his other eyes could be roaming anywhere. However, he didn't think much of it, they had a clearing and they needed to get out of there, quickly.

Toby sucked in a breath, or in other words, his fear, and ran through the battlefield, Aaarrrgghh managing to keep any unwanted eyes off of him. This was easy and while Toby wanted to both celebrate and panic at the thought, he needed to get to his friend.

The sweat dripped from his forehead as his breaths grew heavy, the tunnel was a long stretch which was a normal design for Trollmarket but he cursed it as it felt longer when he ran.

"Stupid tunnels," Toby mumbled, hands on his knees as he leaned forward, catching his breath. His breathing was raspy, scratching against his throat as he wiped his forehead with his arm. He would have sat there, exhausted, if it wasn't for the faint blue light that stretched into his view, his head instantly snapping to the source.

His eyes widened as he stood up straight, slowly making his way to the stone table where the blue light guided him. He studied the form on the table, at a loss for words as he took in the sight.

Toby stared at the pulsating blue beneath Jim's hands, watching it as it followed the pattern of a heartbeat. Despite Jim's chest no longer falling or rising, that was the one sign that Toby knew his best friend was alive, it was the one thing that kept his hopes from dwindling.

From the blue-chapped lips to the discoloration of the Trollhunter's skin, Toby would have mourned him if it wasn't for the amulet. After all, what Strickler described, this ancient spell had forced the boy into a coma, making his symptoms death-like. However, the amulet did not call to another since its current welder was merely resting. Just the thought chilled Toby to the bones, he was ready to rip Gunmar and Morgana to shreds for the act they had pulled.

He looked at Jim's closed eyes, then at his lips that were slightly parted, and let out a heavy breath, this was not supposed to happen. Morgana knew Jim was a threat to her mischief plans and decided to take matters into her own hands, it upset Toby greatly.

The stout boy quickly turned his head to the entranceway, Aaarrrgghh finally hiding the comatose guards away from anyone's sight. The vast troll gestured quietly for Toby to grab their Trollhunter and escape. Toby trained his eyes back on Jim, nervous. He must get the lanky boy out by himself, he doubted himself that he could even carry Jim, but was flooded with hope and determination, his eyes narrowing as he silently hyped himself.

He gently moved Jim's hands from the amulet, the still limbs falling to the side and freeing the artifact. Stuffing it in his pocket, the amulet humming with every beat, he gently looped his arms under Jim and heaved the boy off the table. The amulet continued to pulse, something that boosted Toby to flee the room and make it back to safety.

Aaarrrgghh checked the corners, guiding Toby down pathways of the dark Trollmarket, avoiding any unsuspecting guards. Toby's adrenaline pumped, sweat beading over his skin and causing Toby to duck behind barrels, readjusting his grip on Jim.

"For a skinny kid, whoa," Toby muttered, trying to make sure he didn't drop his friend who was nothing but a dead, heavyweight. A small tap on the stone floor alerted Toby, only to find NotEnrique with a wicked grin. "Dude! Why would you sneak up like that?!" He scolded in a whisper.

"I see we got the kid. How do we get out of here?" NotEnrique said, looking at Aaarrrgghh who was waving them to follow once the path was clear, giving the Changeling the answer. NotEnrique leaped onto Aaarrrgghh's shoulder, Toby following them behind.

"Aaarrrgghh is leading us to a back door. Going through the main entrance underneath the canal is heavily guarded."

"They don't want Jim gone," Aaarrrgghh whispered, leading them through an alleyway, the simple-minded guards have not noticed. However, they were heading in the direction the trio came from, only meaning one thing.

"They will realize he is missing any second, what do we do?" Toby panicked, Aaarrrgghh glaring at the guards.

"Keep going." Aaarrrgghh said, pointing further down the alley, "Keep busy you guys escape."

Toby seemed uncertain to leave his wingman but they were so close to the door. Aaarrrgghh pulled out a horngazel and handed it to NotEnrique, the changeling hopping to the floor. With a nod that he was going to be okay, the brute of a Troll stepped off, leaving Toby and NotEnrique.

"Come on. We can do this," NotEnrique said, leaping to the door and Toby following behind them, his heart broke at the sight of Aaarrrgghh giving himself up, but if they didn't leave, they'd lose three teammates.

The sound of panic was heard behind them, startling Toby, as the trolls had found out Jim's body, had been missing. The massive army was instantly alerted and panic rose in Toby. "Almost there!" The small changeling cried, dragging the horngazel against the stone and opening a door to the dark, outside world.

The victory was on the other side, until a shout alerted Toby, guards charging down the alleyway and right to them. "GO! GO! GO! GO!" Toby yelped, he and NotEnrique making a haste exit, the guards drawing their swords.

Right as the swords snagged Toby's vest, the entrance to Trollmarket had closed, shielding Toby and NotEnrique from the dangers within the wall. Sliding down the side of the wall, Toby let out a shaky breath.

"We did it," Toby said breathlessly, quickly fumbling with the amulet and relaxing even more when the heartbeat continued. "Good, his heart is still beating. Which is weird, I can't feel it beneath the sweater."

"That's because it's Troll magic, just be thankful, you 'ave the amulet to tell.," NotEnrique stated. "Let's get out of here, I have a bad feelin' they are alerting Gunmar."

Toby nodded, standing up and nearly dropping Jim before the two headed off back to Claire's house. Their hearts pounding heavily.

Within Trollmarket, Gunmar fumed, killing a guard who had nothing to do with the predicament. His anger rose at the empty table and Morgana had not been heard from. He had come so close, the Trollhunter finally out of the way and his friends had freed him once more.

He turned to guards who shivered under his gaze, "Bring the boy back to me!" He commanded, all the guards quickly pouring out of the entrances, praying for their lives that they didn't come back empty-handed. Gunmar turned to Usurna, missing her flinch. "If Morgana speaks, you come to me."

-

Toby huffed when he stopped at the front door of the Nunez house, beads of sweat dripping from his forehead as he gently laid Jim's body on the porch. NotEnrique scrambled up the post, heading to Claire's bedroom. Despite NotEnrique not explaining what his intentions were, Toby had easily figured out what the small troll had in mind.

There was no way he could continue carrying Jim through the house and up a flight of stairs, his body ached and he nearly fumbled with the body due to his clammy hands that could barely grip anything. It had led to resting Jim on the side of the porch as Toby reached for the door handle.

Speaking of the door, it had swung open rapidly, Blinky staring back at him and startling Toby.

"Where is he?" The troll muttered as if just asking about Jim's whereabouts had torn at his soul. Toby didn't say anything, licking his dry lips and pointing to the side, where the Trollhunter still lay, uncomfortably if anything.

Blinky gently pushed past Toby and scooped his master in his arms, cradling the boy close to him. He rubbed his stone hand against Jim's forehead, sighing sadly.

"Did we manage to free Claire from Morgana?" Toby asked, Blinky turning to face the boy and putting his free hand on Toby's shoulder.

"It was quite a challenge Tobias, however, yes, our dear friend is free from her clutches. Now we should get inside, I have a strong feeling that we are being searched for." Toby nodded saying he needed a glass of water and was never exercising again.

Blinky didn't wait for Tobias who dug in the cupboards for a small glass, instead, he continued back up the stairs to where Strickler had been tending to Claire's dizzy form. She had been asking numerous questions all while she tried to regain herself.

Her head quickly turned to the direction of the door opening, Blinky solemnly standing in it and Jim's body barely visible with how many arms the troll had cradled him in. Claire's eyes narrowed in confusion before she shakily came to a stand, "what happened?"

"Morgana, when she had possessed you, she had also taken Master Jim's soul. Perhaps his soul lays where you had. Within the Shadow Realm."

"Indeed," Strickler hissed as he pulled open the cover of the book, flipping through the pages. "His soul lies with his torment and grief."

"Well, how do we know what torments him? I'm sorry, but we nearly die every day!" Toby mentioned. "I'd be tormented over everything."

"Killahead bridge." Claire instantly said, snapping her fingers. "The battle, I remember how much it bothered him. He lost but won one of the biggest battles as a Trollhunter. His first major one. Both Blinky and Draal were affected. Blinky was held captive as a lure and Draal risked his life for them. He beat himself up afterward."

"Then that's what we shall be in search of, Claire, if you may do the honors. Your experience will keep the portal open." The girl nodded, face full of determination as she pulled out her weapon, which had now been fully her's after battling Morgana for it.

"Perhaps we should keep an eye on a certain someone," Blinky hissed as Strickler rolled his eyes.

"I suggest you hurry, Jim is at stake." The former teacher simply replied as Claire summoned a portal, grinning happily at the sight.

Blinky turned to Toby, giving him a nod before letting it swallow the two, their bodies cascading through the darkness, Toby screaming for most of the duration as he eyed his situation.

"Alright, let's find that bridge!" Blinky yelled, voice nearly muffled by the depth of the Shadow Realm.

-

"Look, there's Killahead!" Toby cried, stopping as they eyed the dark bridge, a blue ghostly figure slowly moving around, seeming to haunt the large attraction. After feeling like an eternity of searching, Toby couldn't help but breathe out as he recognized the figure, hand over his chest as he slowly relaxed.

He kicked his legs, moving towards Jim who seemed lost in a daze. He frowned slightly, hands reaching out for his friend, however, it simply slipped through him, the lanky boy unaware of their presence and staring into the dark abyss.

The troll sat behind him, mind racing as he knew what he had to do, watching Toby uselessly struggle to get a grip on Jim was heartbreaking, the boy didn't know how to connect with him. "I thought Strickler said he wouldn't be awake?"

"Perhaps it was a certain analogy, after all, he looks as if he is resting with his eyes open. Or Stricklander is a simple-minded man." Toby glanced at Blinky before staring back at Jim, his eyes were open but he was still, never moving as he stood upon the bridge.

"Move to the side," Blinky mumbled and Toby did as told. Closing his six eyes, Blinky sucked in a breath and began to think. Toby raised an eyebrow, pushing himself back as he lost his balance slightly.

"Master Jim, I am so proud of you. I couldn't say this before, I was at a loss for words. Yes me, at a loss." He began to mumble, "the first human Trollhunter and you're proving to be vigilant, I dare say you are better than Kanjigar. I had faith in you when I first met you, my boy, I got attached and sometimes I cursed Merlin for putting you through this. However, you are the Champion, you will be successful despite Trolls' doubts. If you had never found that amulet, I would have never met you and I cannot imagine how dull and upsetting my days would be. I hope this works because, by Deya's Grace, I could never leave you here. My son."

The last two words stung in Blinky's throat, his body shaking due to adrenaline and luckily Toby hadn't heard. However, Jim had, his blue transparent soul began to fill, blue pouring through the outline and completing him, his eyes blinked rapidly before his body dropped to the surface of the bridge, eyes sliding shut.

Blinky had done it. He nearly choked when Jim was able to be touched. He knew Jim could hear what was said, he prayed that the boy remembered it when he woke.

However, Blinky had no time to reflect on it. They had to go.

He quickly grasped onto the unconscious soul, whimpering. Keeping a safe grip on the resting spirit, Blinky turned to Toby who was shocked, mumbling incoherent words. "Let's leave this wretched place."

"Agreed," Toby said, following Blinky as they floated to the opening, "how did you connect with him?" Blinky looked down at Jim, his heartbeat now finally echoing around them, a pleasant noise to Blinky and Toby.

"I said what I had to." He simply answered before their bodies fell through the swirling vortex, yelping when they hit the hardwood floors of Claire's room, the said girl dropping to the floor. Not wasting any time, Blinky scrambled to his feet, still clutching the blue spirit and hurrying to the bedside.

He gently laid the soul over the cold body it once possessed and watched as the blue fragments poured into the vessel of skin.

The group held their breaths as Jim's skin finally returned to a healthy pigment, his lips regaining their color, and his chest beginning to rise and fall before his eyes fluttered open, his hands moving to grip the blanket.

As he came back to reality, the first thing his eyes locked onto was Claire. He had remembered her being the last thing he saw and hoped that this Claire staring down at him, was his loveable Claire and not Morgana. He froze when he saw tears welling in her eyes, a smile growing on his face.

As if she would break him, Claire gently placed a hand on his cheek, the tension in the air lessening when her boyfriend leaned into it, her heart pounding.

He missed her so much, seeing her big brown eyes this time filled with love and concern had warmed him. Gosh, he was never letting her go again. Jim watched as a tear fell from Claire's eyes, feeling the same warmth on his own cheeks. The moment was pure, and Jim wished that it would never end. Until Toby quickly pushed past Claire, an excited smile resting on his face.

"Dude! Do we have a story to tell you!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.4K 1.1K 53
Here are some Trollhunters x Reader Oneshot that I hope y'all enjoy. I don't own any of these characters. Full credit to the makers of this show.
13.8K 179 16
Oi. I do not own any characters in this. Dream works and Mr.Del Toro does. This is a whole bunch of Jlaire one shots. Please, read some.
15.8K 59 3
Just a collection of one-shots from one of the best DreamWorks animation series out there! Requests are open! Dedicated to our Trollhunter, Anton Ye...
3.6K 34 14
One shots of Jim x Claire #9 in Jlaire (04/24/2023)❤