Warrior nun

By LibbyT89

If you know you know More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 29
Part 30
Last chapter!

Part 28

165 5 0
By LibbyT89

They get married in Hawaii.

If anyone asks, Beatrice doesn't know how it happens, either. For once, Ava is the more organised one between them, conspiring with one of the resort's guest relations officers to get an officiant, a license, and a cake. Beatrice doesn't even know when she finds the time between taking surfing lessons and consuming enough shave ice that Beatrice is surprised she's not frozen, herself.

On the day, Beatrice wears her waistcoat - with a new white shirt this time - and Ava shops for a lovely, flowing white sundress that draws the breath right from Beatrice's lungs. It happens on the beach in the late afternoon, barefoot and surrounded by just a handful of people.

Yikes. Camila is really going to kill her now.

They can't quite say their own vows in front of other people, given all the secrets they hold. Their officiant, Kai, walks them through the ceremony, their hands clasped, and then they share a quick kiss, pronounced wife and wife.

Who would have thought?

Beatrice certainly never would have.

After, there's cake, and there's the signing of their marriage certificate. Ava reads the names on said certificate, her mouth dropping open slightly when she learns Beatrice's given name. She looks to her, now, eyes soft and surprised.

"Oh, I never would have guessed that," Ava says, and then never mentions it again. Beatrice imagined there would be more discussion; possibly even more commentary, but Ava surprises her the way she always has.

For now, Ava just reaches for her, holding onto her and not letting go. "You'll always be Bea to me," she adds after a moment, and that's really that about that.

Honestly, Beatrice is just trying to wrap her head around what's just happened in her own life. In their lives. It's just nothing she could ever have imagined happening, here with Ava. Without her parents.

Gosh, they'd probably keel over if they ever knew.

"I'm really trying not to take the look of disbelief on your face too personally," Ava says, looking amused. "It really happened. I promise it's all real."

Beatrice will have to admit that there's a lingering part of her that truly believes that this is all some elaborate dream. Any second now, she's going to wake up back underground, the Arc silent behind her, and Ava just gone again. It's fuelled some of her nightmares, only helped by having Ava in her arms, but things are going to change when they go back.

She might wake up.

"Bea?" Ava says, getting her attention. They're in the resort's main restaurant, their half-eaten cake on the table in front of them, and their meals waiting to be finished. "Are you not happy?"

Beatrice leans over to kiss her cheek. "I'm the happiest I've ever been, Ava," she says. "I'm sorry. I'm just worried."

"About what?"

"What the world will do to me for deigning to be this happy."

Ava runs a hand over Beatrice's hair. "That's bleak, babe," she says.

She raises her eyebrows. "Oh? Is that what we're calling me now?"

"I'm trying it out," Ava says, hand coming to rest on the back of Beatrice's neck. "How does it feel? What about honey? Sweetheart?"

"I love you, but maybe not," she says. "Stick with Bea. I like that one."

"Actually, you know what, I'm going to call you my wife every chance I get," she says. "Why waste a golden opportunity while we're here?"

"Because we're married," Beatrice says, maybe needing to hear it again. As if saying 'I do' earlier wasn't enough. "Like actually married, Ava. How did that happen?"

"Do you really want the logistical play-by-play?"

"You love me enough to want to spend forever with me," she says. "Are we both a little crazy?"

"Definitely." Her little grin gets close to Beatrice, promising mischief. "I told you we were meant for each other."

"Did you ever think we'd have a destination wedding?"

"Never even crossed my mind," she says. "But you know what's so great about it?" Her smile widens. "We also get a destination honeymoon." Then she kisses Beatrice, so deeply that Beatrice manages to forget all her concerns.

Well.

Nearly all of them.

"We have another week before our three months are up," Beatrice tells her when they're taking a stroll on the beach, not quite ready to call an end to this day Beatrice will hopefully never forget.

"Okay," Ava says, her fingers laced with Beatrice's. "What does that mean for us?"

"How do you feel about a three-day honeymoon?"

"Depends on whether you'll be naked for all three days," Ava says, tossing Beatrice a grin. "If things are going to change when we leave here, I want to spend as much time with you as possible behind closed doors."

"That can probably be arranged," Beatrice assures her, which gets her a grin in response.

"And then what?"

"And then we go and see Diego," Beatrice tells her. "And Jillian."

Ava's expression sobers at the mention of the woman. They've been lucky, maybe, just being able to set aside everything else expected of them and exist in the moment. But reality is catching up with them, and Jillian is one person who has been a key player in this mess they've all created, as well as a victim.

"I left you a letter with her," Ava eventually tells her. "I thought - it was - I tried to put words to paper, hoping they would help you understand why I did what I did." She meets Beatrice's gaze. "In the end, you didn't have to read it. I was here. Somehow, I was here to tell you everything in person."

Beatrice isn't sure what to do with this information. She doesn't even want to think about some other reality where it takes longer than ninety minutes for Ava to return to her. She can't think about another life where she just leaves the Arc and somehow has to go on with her life without Ava. She can't think of Jillian giving said letter to her. Doesn't want to imagine what it even says.

"Where is it now?" Beatrice asks.

Ava shrugs. "She might still have it. She might not. Does it matter?"

"No, it doesn't," she says, and she means it. If she never has to see that letter, she'll be perfectly fine, because that means Ava is here with her.

Beatrice takes a breath. Because Ava is here, and they're together, and that's all that should matter. "I suppose, after Jillian, we somehow have to explain to Mother Superion that you've returned by some magical fluke, and - "

"It wasn't, you know," Ava interrupts. "It wasn't some magical fluke at all, Bea. I told you it was you." She brings them to a stop, the sun setting behind her back, and Beatrice doesn't think she's ever looked so beautiful. Young and carefree and unburdened and in love.

Beatrice takes out her phone to snap several pictures of her, ignoring the bemused look on her face. Then she asks, "What do you mean it was me?"

"I mean exactly that," Ava says, getting in nice and close, draping her arms over Beatrice's shoulders as she lifts herself onto her toes. "I felt it. I felt you. While I was in there, it was like you were pulling me back. Like just your prayer was enough to give the Arc enough juice to allow just me through. That's what you did, Bea. That's how fucking powerful you are."

Beatrice kisses her now, dipping her low and getting the most amazing laugh out of her. She doesn't know how else to respond to what Ava has just said, because that feels -

It feels so much bigger.

"You really missed me too, hmm?" Ava teases once Beatrice brings her back up.

"I missed you so much I actually agreed to marry you."

"And they call you a genius."

"I'm pretty sure only you call me a genius," Beatrice points out.

"My super hot, genius, ass-kicking wife."

Beatrice lifts her up now, arms around her waist, and Ava wraps her own arms and legs around her, both of them wanting to be as close as physically possible. "How impressive would it be if I carried you to our room like this?"

"Believe me, I'm already suitably impressed by your body."

"Let's just stand here a while, then," she murmurs, closing her eyes and soaking in the warmth and love of Ava Silva under the setting sun. It won't ever be enough, she decides. No amount of time in the world will ever be enough.

When they do finally make it back to their hotel room, Beatrice carries Ava over the threshold, just because she can, and they spend their first night together as a married couple without any thought of the outside world. She can't be sure how or why, but being with Ava now feels different. It feels more intense, better in some ways, but really just different.

In a few days, they'll be back in what is familiar to them, Beatrice needing to find them a place to live in Spain for the next few months. And then after, she's not sure. Cape Town, maybe. The convent is now no place for them - marriage has changed that - and that's okay.

They will find their place, and they will make a life.

Beatrice almost can't wait.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

631 92 28
~ BEAUTIFUL COVER MADE BY @hollyhockfang *οΌŠβœΏβ€γ€€β€βœΏοΌŠ* 𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔀 π”žπ”―π”¬π”²π”«π”‘ 𝔱π”₯𝔒 𝔯𝔬𝔰𝔦𝔒 𝔭�...
12 0 3
"Being a warrior is not just about how well you wield your sword but its finding good reason to draw your sword in the first place"
31 0 13
StarClan has sent a new prophecy and it states, "Only when blood has been spilled and a violet dawn rises, will the fire die and clear." As Gorserye...
2.6K 177 42
Read it and Find out.