Ma Neteyam

By _watuluv_9

Enemies to Lovers Neteyam story... NETEYAMx OC...just give it a try trust meπŸ˜‹ Forgive me if I get languages... More

The Trauma
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
Characters
16
Transaltions:
17
18
19
20
21
22
Characters pt.2
23
24
25
26

12

575 11 9
By _watuluv_9

Neteyam payed close attention to Tsieryas hands, catching every bend of her fingers and turn of her palm to ensure he's doing it correctly.

" Very good, your catching on quickly." she smiled gently, speaking softly towards all of his siblings.

Lo'ak smirked proudly, as if she hadn't directed the comment to all of them but instead only him. They all shared amused glances as a wave crashed into the rock the group sat upon, and a soft splash of the cool water sprinkled against Neteyams skin.

It's been two days since he last saw her and since their interesting training session. Tonight is their next meeting. Not wanting to take chances at the cove, they're going to the private beach again. He was told that it's illuminated enough that they could train with no problem, but he could never be too careful around Vareya. He's learned plenty that she always has something else in mind.

Everything else has been going smoothly so far. His father has gotten busy again with his own training led by Chief Tonowari, which he's hoping he'd stay focused on so the next few days of Neteyams own sneaking off to training could go smoothly.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Tuk sitting partly behind him, silently struggling on her own with the last signs Tsireya had shown them.

" Tuk," he said lowly, not wanting to embarrass her by calling her name loudly and bringing the attention of the group on her. Gently grabbing her hands, he folded two of her fingers down and showed her the movements, " Small circle, three fingers down, then wave your hand."

Concentrated, she did as he said very slowly. But Neteyam watched as his youngest sister forgot to put her fingers down, making the message not make any sense. " I'm still not doing it right." she told him sadly.

Tuk seemed to be struggling with this the most, and as the youngest of the group, he concluded she was embarrassed to ask for extra help and be the reason everyone is slowed down. While he was catching on to this quickly, a person from the Metkayina clan who grew up with this language would be a much better and faster teacher than he would ever be to her. And he knew exactly who to ask.

Neteyam stood, walking to where Tsireya leaned against a tree where she was talking to Kiri.

" Tsireya," he spoke, " I wanted to ask you something."

With a gentle smile, she bowed her head slightly, urging him to go on. Kiri tilted her head, curious as she also waited for him to speak.

" I ran into a girl the other day, her name is Móna. She offered to help us with lessons if we were to ever need it and I thought it'd be okay to ask her to join us. It would be better and easier to have another teacher around, wouldn't you think?"

Tsierya went to speak but two hands were suddenly placed on Neteyams shoulders, roughly shaking him, and an annoying laugh vibrated in his ear as Lo'ak spoke loudly.

" What's this? Has my brother met a girl already? Is that who've you've been sneaking off to see, Móna." he said her name in a squeaky voice to tease him, and Neteyam easily and effortlessly pushed his brother away from him. Lo'ak stumbled back a few steps but didn't seem to mind since he was too busy laughing and making kissing noises.

" Immature skxawng." he hissed at his brother before turning back to see Tsireya trying to hide her giggle with her hand, and Kiri smirking at him. " You guys are ridiculous, we met once when she dropped a basket of fish. It's a favor for a favor type deal. It just popped into my head randomly and I figured it would be helpful... for all of us."

Neteyam spared a glance back at Tuk, hunched over and turned away from the group. Although none of them could tell, he knew what she was doing. She was trying to learn on her own. Fine. He could take the teasing, better him than his sister.

And even if they didn't tease her, he knows she would feel bad to be the only one not understanding. He'd have to suck it up. For Tuk.

" Do not worry Neteyam, Móna actually told me about your encounter already, we're good friends." Tsireya told him, " And I think that's a great idea, the more the merrier and the faster you all will learn."

Aonung spoke before any of them could answer, " I also vote yes, the more people we bring in means the less time I have to spend with all of you." he snarked.

Kiri rolled her eyes, " I think you're forgetting that the more teachers we have means the more one on one time you get with us." she hummed, smirking at his face of disgust as he came to the late realization.

Lo'ak spoke next, ignoring the bickering of Aonung and Kiri that he'd usually jump into, but is now too distracted and amused by the fact Neteyam spoke of a girl.

" I'm sure Neteyam would be glad to have some one on one time with Móna. Don't worry bro, we'll make sure to give you guys plenty of privacy."

Kiri shoved Lo'ak's shoulder, " Stop it Lo'ak..." Neteyam was about to thank his sister for defending him, but it seems she wasn't finished, " ... Neteyam and Móna have already have had plenty of privacy when they snuck off together." she goaded him with a smile, riling up his brother even more.

Lo'ak once again gripped Neteyams shoulders from behind him, whispering lowly so Tuk couldn't hear,

" Yeah bro, what exactly do you guys do all those times you snuck off to see her. Two Na'vi's, all alone..."

Neteyams face cringed, because the only person he's been sneaking off to see is someone who hates his guts. To even imagine having a relationship like that would be... with her...

" Check it out you guys, perfect soldier boy is blushing! That means my arrow struck its mark, cuz!" he laughed  loudly in his ear, and Neteyam had enough.

With a small sweep of his foot, he hit Lo'aks legs from behind, causing him to lose his balance and land right on his behind with a grunt. With him on the ground Neteyam said, " C'mon now little brother, being an immature skxawng is one thing, but an annoying immature skawang? You need to cut it back a notch."

He reached a hand out to help his brother from where he sat, but it seemed he was irritated enough from what Neteyam did as he hissed at him and smacked his hand away. Lo'ak stood on his own, angry, and Kiri didn't help the situation by laughing when she saw the small scratch that was left on his butt from falling roughly on rock surface.

" I'll be back by the time you bring your little girlfriend bro, and we'll see how much you like to get embarrassed in front of her." Lo'ak pushed at Neteyams chest, causing him to take a step back.

The only thing Neteyam could do though was smile. That seemed to aggravate his younger brother even more and he growled at him before stomping away.

Tsireya sighed, pushing off the tree and turning her body in the direction Lo'ak went, " I'll go make sure he's calm, why don't you go ahead and bring Móna over?"

She said it as a question, but before he could give her an answer she was already speed walking towards his brother, leaving him no choice but to do the task. He turned to Kiri only to find her sticking out her tongue at Aonungs backside. It seemed he had enough and was leaving. Ignoring them, he directed to Kiri...

" Watch Tuk, I'll be right back."

~~__~~__~~

Surprisingly enough, Móna was easy to find. Since she had told him that their family usually fishes and hunts, he figured he'd check near the reefs shore before heading to her Marui. Which in all honesty, he was hoping he didn't have to. From the look Mónas mother had given him, he wasn't sure if he was exactly welcomed.

Luckily, he was able to spot her in a similar situation to their first meeting.

It seemed that she was carrying a large basket of fish, but it must've not been completely full because she wasn't struggling as much. Getting off his Ilu and onto the jumpy surface, he rushed up to her quickly.

" Hey Móna!" he called towards her, and she turned to look at him.

Her eyes widened as she squeaked out a quick, " Neteyam!" before dropping the basket of fish to the ground once again. Like deja vu, they both dropped down and quickly scooped up the fallen fish, some trying to flop their way back in the water.

" I'm starting to think your doing this on purpose." Neteyam joked as he placed the last two remaining glider fins into the basket.

Móna shook her head aggressively as she set the basket down at her feet. Biting her lip nervously, she spoke without making eye contact, " I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean too I just was surprised that's all. I apologize and thank you for helping me again."

Neteyam chuckled softly, " Móna, I was messing with you. We're friends now, relax."

He sent a small smile her way and she smiled herself, dimples showing as she nervously looked down, tucking her hair behind her ear. " Friends, of course" she mumbled lowly.

She almost seemed to lose herself in her own thoughts, her eyes unfocused. Neteyam decided to help break her out of her trance, " More fish? You guys take your job very seriously..."

That seemed to do the trick, because her full attention was back on him. " Yeah, my father is pretty much in, and out, of the reef every day. I don't think there was ever a time I saw him without his fishing net or speargun." she told Neteyam.

" It's admirable that your father is committed to his duties."

Móna gave him a small glum smile, " I suppose, but I think he takes it to an extreme. He believes that once he wasn't able to become a warrior, this is what he was destined to do. He also believes that this is what I was destined to do as well, but he doesn't understand that not everything is about fishing or hunting for the clan. Not that I'd ever tell him that. He's an incredible father, loving and kind, I just wish I had more time with him instead of the Na'vi who collects food for other people."

Once more, she rambled about her feelings and is now flushed, embarrassed for her over sharing. " I apologize, I don't know what came over me."

Feeling sorry for the girl, he supposed he could open up a bit so she doesn't feel more embarrassed than she must be already. " My Father is kind of similar... in a way. He's a great leader and warrior, one of the best ever known to fight in the war against the sky people."

Neteyam spoke of his father admirably, then scoffed softly, "I just think he doesn't know anything other than that, so he tends to bring that attitude towards us, especially Lo'ak and I. Very serious and demanding, but that's his way of showing his love for us."

Despite the smile on Neteyams face, a heavy feeling was left inside his chest. As if there was so much more needed to say that he just wanted to let out, some things he probably doesn't even believe but deep down thinks them. But no, this isn't the time, or place, or person. He's kept his emotions buried inside him, there's no reason or excuse to let them out now.

" Anyways, there's a reason I wanted to see you... apart from helping you pick up fish again of course." he smirked and she laughed, tension lifted.

" What is it?" Móna sounded curious, almost like she was anticipating something.

" I was wondering if I could take you up on your offer from last time we ran into each other. My youngest sister has been struggling a bit with sign language but doesn't want to say anything that will hold the rest of us back. So if you can subtly help her out privately, that would mean a lot to me." he told her honestly.

Her face dropped for just a second before she picked up her smile again, " Of course, I would be happy to help." she responded kindly.

Neteyam took her hand into his own a gave it one soft squeeze of thanks, and she seemed to be grateful for it because her cheeks flushed again and her eyes darted to every direction except his own.

" Then if it's alright, I'll meet you there. I'd offer to help take the basket but I don't think your mother would be very pleased with a visit from me again."

Móna nodded, cheeks still slightly red as she picked up the basket and laid it in her hip. " Don't worry, I'll see you guys in a bit." she said, her voice lighter and eyes clearer.

With one last small wave shared between the two young Na'vi, they split towards separate ways, until they met again.

' This is not going to be fun.' was Neteyams last thought before calling his Ilu and riding back to the rock where a different kind of trouble awaited him.

~~~~___~~~~

A/N

FINALLY! Sooo sorry for the delay of this chapter, between my tourney, school, and traveling things have been a headache!! But now that everything's sorted out it shouldn't take me THIS long to post, promiseee.

AGAIN, I want to thank all my new readers and older supporters who are still reading, I love y'all 🫶

Please let me know if there are any errors or issues I may have missed and connect your thoughts on Móna. You think she might be a bigger problem in the future or just a sweet girl with the feels for Neteyam??

ANYWAYS, thanks you all again SO much!! This is another late post (as you can tell), so I'm exhausted and want to go to bed! Sorry if this chapter is a bit short or not well written, I honestly just really wanted to upload this one so I'll be more attentive to the next following chapters. ( especially since this is when it starts getting important🫢)

Scenes from the movie( ATWOW) will also be coming up mixed up with my pizzaz for storyline purposes so be readyyy!

Love y'all again! MUAHH !!!!!

_watuluv_9

VOTE COMMENT FOLLOW🥲

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 553 14
"I was 15 when we left the forest to live amongst the Metkayina clan. When the war broke out. When we fought to survive. It's hard enough to be human...
104K 2.2K 36
"Raeya!" He said and lifted the newborn baby into the air. The entire village had gathered to greet the new baby girl and witness the miracle of birt...
23.1K 577 25
(DISCONNECTED!!!!!) "π‘¦π‘œπ‘’'π‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘Ž π‘‘π‘œπ‘™π‘™, π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘“π‘™π‘Žπ‘€π‘™π‘’π‘ π‘ ... 𝑏𝑒𝑑 𝑖 𝑗𝑒𝑠𝑑 π‘π‘Žπ‘›'𝑑 π‘€π‘Žπ‘–π‘‘ π‘“π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’ π‘‘π‘œ π‘‘π‘’π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿ...
29.8K 453 15
❝ 𝑳𝑰𝑺𝑻𝑬𝑡 𝑳𝑢'𝑨𝑲, 𝑰 𝑡𝑬𝑬𝑫 𝑻𝑢 𝑻𝑨𝑳𝑲 𝑻𝑢 𝒀𝑢𝑼𝑹 𝑩𝑹𝑢𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑹. 𝑾𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑬 𝑰𝑺 𝑯𝑬? ❞ ❝ 𝑭𝑰𝑡𝑫 𝑯𝑰𝑴 𝒀𝑢𝑼𝑹𝑺𝑬𝑳𝑭, 𝑰'𝑴 οΏ½...