ENCHANTED

By jasdarealDON

enchanted 1. fill someone with great delight. 2. to put someone under a spell. GXG || GIRL X GIRL More

cast + disclaimer
one
two
three
four
five
six
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen

seven

2.5K 265 62
By jasdarealDON

excuse mistakes, vote and comment!

"Let me see the TikTok first Narie." Lennox sighed, brushing Kenarie's hair into a low bun. He had just finished helping her get ready for bed, and he promised her that he would allow her to do a TikTok before she went to sleep.

Clapping her hands together in excitement, she opened her iPad and went to the Tiktok app. She slid over to her saved videos before showing her dad the Everybody clap ya hands remix challenge. She had been learning the dance for quite some time now and was ready to make her video.

"Put your toys up first and you can do it. Let me see it before you post it." Lennox nodded in approval. He was aware of Kenarie's love for dance challenges. He didn't let her do every single one, but he did approve of some being kid-friendly.

When Kenarie turned six, him and Serenity promised that they'd let her have TikTok. However, she couldn't access the app until a certain time of the day and she only had access for two hours. Both her mom and dad monitored her private account and consistently went through her page to remove, negative comments, spam account, and random weirdos.

Lennox wasn't big on social media at all, and he didn't want his daughter to be sucked into it. However, him and Serenity agreed that if they had a tight schedule on Kenarie that they wouldn't have to deal with her becoming wrapped up in the social media world.

"Len, you need to cook that hibachi food again." Serenity popped in the room, chowing down on a plate full of lobster Mac n Cheese.

"You greedy as fuck, is you gone save me some?" He frowned, noticing that she was on her third plate.

"Not too much, it's still a whole lot left. You knew what it was when you made it playa." She shrugged.

Lennox shook his head, pulling out his buisness phone. He was a professional chef and owned his own catering company. He enjoyed the food business and had been having a passion for it since his first job at Texas Roadhouse. He attended the Institute of Culinary Education in New York, earning his degree in Buisness Management and Culinary.

"How did the conference go?" He inquired bringing up the parent teacher conference from a couple of days ago.

Serenity cleared her throat, before looking up at him. "It went really well. Really well." She replied with a smile, thinking about how Eryzo's juices covered her fingers after the conference.

Noticing that she went in a daze, Lennox snapped his fingers in front of her face. "Hello dipshit, what did y'all talk about?"

Shaking her head, Serenity chuckled. "You're such a poopyhead. Anyway, we just talked about our goals and the template that we both filled out as far as the milestones we wanted Kenarie to reach before she went to second grade." She started.

"She brought up the idea of Narie going to speech class. It's completely free and provided by the school. Basically she'll be pulled out of class every Thursday for a period of time, to have extra help on her letters and enunciation. I think it'll be great for her, but I told her I'd run it by you first."

Lennox nodded, setting the phone up for Kenarie to do her challenge. "Sounds like a great idea, will she go by herself or is it like a group of students?" He wondered.

"I don't even think I asked, but I'm sure she'll be in a small group with other children. At the end of this term, she'll take a test to see if she made any significant progress. If so, she won't have to take the class for the Spring term."

"I'm on board. If she need an outside tutor we can do that too." He added. Serenity nodded in agreement. She was thankful that they had a healthy co-parenting relationship. They always talked to each other before making any decisions when it came to Kenarie. They were both thankful that they weren't dealing with the bitter drama that most separated parents dealt with.

"You ever thought about how grateful we are that we're on the same page when it comes to her?" Serenity asked. "Like at first I didn't know what to expect from co-parenting, but we handle this shit so maturely."

"Hell yeah. That's a blessing. It's all about Kenarie at the end of the day, I don't see why people make it so hard. Just communicate and help each other take care of y'all seed. I feel like most co-parenting don't work out because of bitterness and immaturity. Some females and even males become bitter when they see each other move on when it shouldn't be that way. Y'all not together for a reason, so why be bitter that that person is moving on?"

"Mouthful right there. I always said that if you didn't want to step up, I would've never put you on child support because that shit just get out of control. Money can be the root of all evil man. I would've just accepted that you didn't wanna step up and moved on. Some females be trying to force these dads to be in a child's life when the whole situation is just toxic. Whole time the dad creating attachment issues, abandonment issues, and so on all because the mother wanted to force a grown ass man to do his job. What one man won't do another will."

"Talk yo shit then ma. But honestly I would've never left you high and dry to raise babygirl. I laid down with you, so I'm gone raise her with you. That's why I was ticked off when you kept it a secret for so long because I wanted to be included from day one. I understand you was scared though, so I'm just grateful that we here where we are today."

"Real talk." Serenity smiled. "She staying here for the rest of the week right?"

"Yeah I have a conference in New York next week, so I'll be gone. Then the following week I'll get her that weekend." Lennox nodded. "How your classes going?"

"Great, I was selected for an internship. I think they said I'll start in three weeks, so I'm excited for that. I also got my graduation date which is in December so make sure you don't book the first week." She replied.

"Alright bet."

~

Eryzo stood at her front door yawning, watching as Serenity walked towards her. Their afternoon talk was changed to a later time, more like ten PM. Serenity told Eryzo that she had to wait until Kenarie was sleep to leave Lennox's house.

"You was sleep?" She asked, kissing Eryzo's forehead before walking past her into the house.

"Almost, but I knew you were still coming over." Eryzo replied, locking the door behind her. "You can follow me." She added, leading the way to her bedroom.

"Sorry I had to wait for Narie to fall asleep, she wouldn't have let me leave." Serenity mentioned. After seeing Eryzo nod her head, she watched as she laid back down in the bed getting under the covers.

"Get up mama, come here." Serenity groaned, pulling Eryzo by her legs to the edge of the bed. She hovered over her, pecking her lips. "How was work?"

"Stressful, all my babies were hyped as hell. I don't know where it came from. I felt so bad because I cut their recess time because they weren't listening to me. They're gonna hate me tomorrow." Eryzo pouted, wrapping her arms around Serenity's neck pulling her closer.

"No they won't. You're the teacher and they're the student mama. They'll forget about it tomorrow. Plus Narie told me and her dad that you gave them extra minutes that day I came in for the conference."

Eryzo blushed. "I was in a good mood that day." She stated.

"I don't like how you left the movies with that attitude either." Serenity frowned, rubbing Eryzo through her pajama shorts. "You acting spoiled already."

"Because I wanted you, and the lady interrupted us. I promise it won't happen again."

"Tell me what you want out of this. What we doing Eryzo?" Serenity sighed, stopping her hand movements before she went any further. She knew that once she applied pressure to Eryzo she wasn't letting up, so she wanted to see what type of timing Eryzo was on.

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean. Do you really want something out of this or are we just sneaking around? I'm telling you when I want something, I apply pressure. So if that's not what you want please let me know right now, so I can know how to move." She explained.

Thinking for a while, Eryzo propped herself up on her elbows. "I don't know. I've never done any of this before and I don't know if it'll be appropriate if we pursued a relationship."

Serenity nodded, standing to her feet. "So what are we doing Eryzo? You saying that this is only lust you have towards me?"

Eryzo only stayed silent. "I don't know Serenity. I don't know what I'm feeling. I want you around though, I know that."

Furrowing her eyebrows, Serenity scratched the back of her neck. "You want me around for what? To help you get your nut off? But you don't know if you wanna be with me?"

"Serenity no, I just—I just want you around. I like your company. I don't want to see you with anybody else." Eryzo responded, now fully sitting up. She knew she could be confusing, but she didn't want to let Serenity go.

Serenity knew just what she was hearing. Eryzo was definitely confused and she could tell. She felt like Eryzo only wanted her around for one reason. Hearing that Eryzo didn't want her with anybody else just confirmed that she needed to end what they had there. Eryzo was obviously still trying to figure things out, so before she got her feelings deeply involved she wanted to stop what they had going on.

"Eryzo it's obviously you're either still stuck on something or figuring things out. I don't think we should continue this because I know my feelings. The way I feel for you is only gone make me want you ten times more if I stick around, and it's not really worth it if you don't want the same thing." Serenity started,

"You've never been in a relationship with a girl and let me just say when I pursue something with somebody I go hard for it. You don't want that and I respect it. I can't make you do anything, but I think we should just end this here."

Eryzo could feel the tears brimming her eyes. She watched as Serenity slid her Crocs back on, making the tears drop. "S-Sere—Please don't leave."

"No, I should. This will never go anywhere and I don't want to hurt myself. It's fine Eryzo." Serenity chuckled under her breath.

Serenity grabbed her phone and made her way back to the front door. As soon as she grabbed the handle, Eryzo grabbed her arm. "Please don't leave. Serenity please. I've never been with a girl before and I'm scared of what others will think."

"So that's what it is?" Serenity frowned, turning on her heels. "Of what other people think? Fuck them."

Eryzo wiped her face, looking at the floor. "I don't want people to judge me, but I also don't want to loose you or see you with someone else."

"Love is love. You don't wanna see me with anybody else? How is that fair?"

"I know it's not fair, but please just understand where I'm coming from." Eryzo sniffled.

"I do understand which is why I'm letting you go mama. You deserve to be happy and loved out loud. If we're together I can't do that. You know where to find me, be safe out here mama." Serenity sighed, softly kissing Eryzo's lips. She felt Eryzo's tears and gently wiped them away. "Stop crying mama. Come by the club if you wanna have a good time one last time."

Eryzo cried softly, watching Serenity walk out of her front door. She hadn't even know Serenity that long and she already felt like her heart was breaking into little pieces. As much as she wanted to chase Serenity out of the door, she knew that Serenity was right.

~

helloo, I'm sorry for the delay of this chapter but life has been lifing. I know this is short again, but I'm trying to get these chapters out so we can get to the root of the book.

anyways don't we just love a healthy co-parenting relationship? I love how mature Lennox and Serenity is about Kenarie.

would y'all let y'all kids have a TikTok at Kenarie's age?

how do y'all think Lennox will react when he finds out about Serenity and Eryzo's linkings? Y'all think he would support them?

anddd last but not least y'all weren't expecting the talk to go that way did ya? Hahaha i threw in a twist!

How do y'all feel about Serenity wanting to end their lustful friendship before her feelings get too involved?

Anddd how y'all feel about Eryzo wanting to keep Serenity around even though she is confused and doesn't know what she want?

Is Serenity wrong for leaving eryzo?

What y'all think is gonna happen next??

vote, comment, and share!!

Follow me kids, get me to 5K!

-JassyOut

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 139 29
12.5K 720 22
"If i was your best friend.."
66.1K 2.8K 41
𝑫𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏: (𝒏.) 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒆𝒂 𝒃𝒖𝒐𝒚𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈...
45K 1.6K 74
teach me the way to surrender my heart.