Desire's & Fate

By Shevongarraway

"If loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right." What do you do when the one person you are not supposed t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 13

1 1 0
By Shevongarraway

HAPPY READING

Ryon POV

The mere thought of Sibel was filling me with a yearning so intense I couldn't wait to hold her in my arms. The next minute I was reaching for my phone to hear her soft voice. The phone rang a few times before she swiped right.

"Hello," she answered groggily and I hate that I woke her especially when we were up late last night neither of us wanting to cut the call.

"Baby... were you sleeping?"

"Hmm, mm," she hummed softly then there was a shuffling about before she spoke

"Just needed to warm my eyes," she yearned.

"I should let you sleep."

"No, no it's okay. I need to be up, I should be working on my tease," she yearned again, sleep very much evident in her voice. "You sure baby?" I asked.

"Yes, it's okay. Hi Ryon," she said and I heard the smile on her voice.

"Hi beautiful, how was your day,” I asked wanting to hear her speak over and over again.

"Long, very long. I missed so much and it's taking forever to get everything done in a week. Then Rick wouldn't leave me alone like he doesn't understand...what I'm not interested meant. And my literature review is on Monday and the right words failed me in completing the final paragraph. My handler is breathing down my neck and I still need to answer my column."

"Here I thought my day wasn't ending. What do you mean Rick wouldn't leave you alone?"

"It's nothing he just wants a chance to talk to me and take me out."

"Do I need to pay him a visit," I asked jaw clenching.

"No, no, it's okay nothing I can't handle."

"Are you sure? Because I need him to know you're taken and I'm easily provoked over what's mine." my protective instinct was on full blast especially when it comes to her. It was amazing how quickly she has become my anchor and I was wishing she was here like a lifeline.

"Thank you but it's okay. It's nothing I can't handle."

"I hear you," but I most definitely will be visiting that University to make my presence felt.

"So?"

"So," I replied.

"Did you get a chance to talk to Fiona," she asked.

"Not yet, didn't have the chance to leave my office since taking a seat."

"Okay," she said and I heard a hint of sadness in her voice. "How's work?" she asked after a few seconds passed and I did not want to screw things up again with Sibel. This time I might lose her for good and I could not risk it but the mere thought of Fiona carrying my child filled me with a tenderness that was all new to me. My protective instinct was on high alert and I couldn't help it. Maybe because I was so close to my niece and nephew, maybe the possibility of having it all, I didn't know but what I did know was I did not want to lose Sibel over whatever going on with Fiona.

"I feel like this is the longest day I've had all week and I would like more than a phone call from my girlfriend but we're both busy and tired people."

"Here I thought I was alone... Ryon I have to take this call I will call you before I crawl into bed," Sibel said.

"Okay, bye beautiful," I said and she cut the call. My resolve was crumbling, kicking all sense of reasoning out of the window. I needed her badly but I do not want to give in to my raging needs and regret pushing her when she wasn't ready.

As much as she fought with me I know most of it was superficial.

"Sir," Lillian knocked twice before entering my office and disturbing my thoughts. "Mr. Menture it's currently 1:45 and your 2: 00 o'clock appointment with the new antique investor is still on schedule. His secretary called to inform us he was on his way. Should I have the driver bring the car around? And your other appointment is set for the remainder of the day."

"Thank you Lillian and have Peter meet me out there. You will also accompany me to the construction sight."

"Okay, sir, and you also need to meet with Mr. Stone for 3. Oclock, then the DeJerg after that."

I nodded and pick the necessary documents and my device. Lillian is my PA and is very efficient in keeping me on schedule. "Lillian one more thing, please have a bouquet of red roses and a box of deluxe chocolate sent to Ms. Benjamin's complex for me."

"Right away sir," she smiled and exited my office.

"Have this attached to the roses and inform me of their arrival," I said placing the note on her desk and walked down the corridor.

I knocked on Delsa's office door and her secretary instructed me to enter. "Hi you've been very scarce these days," she smiled and stood to greet me.

"I've been busy, the hotel and all its holes. You know the procedure," I said and she hugged me. "I'm hosting the next family dinner, I want to see you there," she pulled back and point a finger at me.

"Definitely, could I bring my girlfriend?”

”Ohh, girlfriend? I've missed so much. Sounds strange when you say it out loud," she teased.

"I'm offended," I feigned hurt and she laughed.

"I would love to meet her," she said.

"Good, I want everyone to meet her. I have to run just stopped by to say the Muclure deal is back on the table."

"How did you get that bastard to agree to our terms," she said taking the file and her seat.

"I have my ways," I said and she turned the pages. "This is excellent," she said taking an overdraft of the document. "I need to go this over thoroughly but I like what I see."

"Good. Set up a meeting, get the media involved, and inform Reyon of the changes. The media will help to pave the way."

"That's smart now they definitely can not back out."

"I have another meeting... let me know if I need to be there," I said walking to the door.

"Ryon," Delsa called stopping me in my tracks.

"I can't wait to see you guys next Sunday," she smiled and I nodded.

I walked out of the building, and enter my car with Peter and Lilian already seated.

"Peter briefed?" I asked Lilian.

"Yes sir."

I took out my phone and confirmed I will be present for a night out with the boys after missing the past two nights out.

Ten minutes later the car pulled into the circular driveway and parked close to the entrance of Pure Dynasty. With opening day scheduled in a week, I was more than pleased with the work thus far, and every inspection passed. Three years in the making and after every obstacle possible and Reyon back on his feet again I was set to open my first hotel this side of town.

"Mr. Menture," the Sanderson team greeted and we enter the management office that was set for the meeting.

It was two hours and a half before Peter, Lilian and I walked out of that meeting feeling accomplished.

"That went well," said Lilian as we stared after Mr. Sanderson and his team departing the office.

"Positively so," I replied.

"We need to get going it's minutes to five and we need to make this appointment after rescheduling for the second time sir," said Lilian as we exited the building.

By the time I walked out of my second and third meetings four hours later with the stones followed by the DeJerg, I was having a headache and was tired. However, we made progress and I was on to my last meeting for the evening.

"Did Ms.Benjimin receive her roses," I asked as the car drove back to the office where I was meeting my banker and accountant. "Yes sir," Lilian answered.

I walked into that meeting frustrated Sibel did not call to accept my offer. We had such a great time last weekend and not seeing her all week was wreaking havoc on the little patient I had left of this day.

Nevertheless, I walked into the conference room ready for my briefing. The minute I walked out of that meeting I sent Sibel a message, informing her of my night out with the boys and picking her up after or my security can open for her if she decides to go ahead of me.

"Mr. Menture," Lilian began and I look up from the report in my hand.

"What is it, Lilian," I answered.

"Mrs. Park's assistant is on line one hoping to confirm an 8:00 meeting with you, sir."

As aggravated as I was feeling for the blatant disregard of my time I needed to meet with the software analysis of CJ holding with the new installation we made to their offshore base.

"Do not let her make it a practice," I said moving back to my file.

"Should I set up in the conference room sir?"

"Here would be just fine," I said.

At eight on the dot, Ms. Park was in my office seated. She laid out all the information I needed and no sooner we were discussing a way forward.

"Jesus," I mumbled to myself as I make my way to my car. After missing two boys' nights out I didn't need to be late. I didn't intend for the meeting to run this long but there was a lot to get done. This means I will be extremely late to pick up Sible that is if she accepts. I still hadn't heard a word from my girlfriend.

My girlfriend, what a word. Who knew I would be saying that word? A word I enjoy even more, every time I used it. I wanted to spend the entire week into the weekend locked up with her making sure she knew she was my girl and showing her just what it means to me she is my girlfriend.

I smiled to myself thinking I would love to spend this entire weekend with her or just some alone time with my girlfriend with nothing to do and no one to see.

I chuckled at the thought of how adorable she would be to blush in my arms the way she does or try to hide every time she blushes. My smile fades when I checked my phone after taking my seat opposite Reyon.

"Expecting a call?" Reyon asked taking a sip of his classic Manhattan.

"I am," I answered looking up from my phone for the hundredth time expecting Sibel to reply to my text asking her to stay over tonight since it's Friday. It had been a week since she last slept in my bed and I was hoping we could spend a lazy weekend together.

"Important?" He asked pushing his phone away after locking his screen.

"Very," I answered.

"Mind if I asked," he looked up at me.

"Sibel and I made things official last Saturday, then I almost ruined it."

"You wouldn't be a Menture if you didn't," he chuckled placing his glass back on the table.

"Well that didn't help," I rolled my eyes at him.

"I couldn't name the number of times I messed up with Kahdeem before and after we made things official."

"And she stayed regardless," I stated.

"I didn't give her a choice and she certainly didn't make it easy. So what did you do?"

"Fiona showed up and acted out," I said and he looked at me expectantly.

"What did she do?"

"We always said there weren't any feelings and if they were one of us would walk away but last night I didn't understand her attack on Sibel. She knows how I feel about Sibel."

"That will always be women... Who did you defend"

"Neither but I did make Sibel feel a type of way for antagonizing the situation when she was merely defending herself."

"And you expect her to call."

"I apologized"

"And?"

”We were good all week until I asked her to spend the weekend."

"Big moved you think she ready. Did you talk to Fiona?"

"No," I shook my head.

"You should and sooner rather than later."

"I will... this was just a busy week."

"Why aren't the guys here yet," Reyon asked after a few minutes.

"I don't know what's taking them so long," I said looking at my watch.

"You know women always want to know whose pussy is the sweetest, tightest, or whatever war they were after for whatever gains. Fiona knows she is losing you after seeing you with Sibel. I suggest you fix it, and fast. As men, we spiral over a dick contest but for women, it's an all-out emotional war. It can get ugly."

"I'm aware."

"Good because there she is," he said reaching for his glass again and tilting his head over my shoulder. I turn in that direction and there Fiona is dressed business formally in a navy high waist skirt and her matching blazer with pleats around her midsection covering her very small baby bump.

We do need to talk but this is not the place and certainly not the time.

"Heads up here she comes," Reyon whispered and I take a sip of my drink.

"Hi guys," she greeted.

"Fiona," I said.

"Fiona," Reyon tilts his head.

"Colin, I would like you to meet two of the Menture brothers. Ryon and Reyon," she introduced. "Colin is a VC at Golden West," she added.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both. I've heard a lot about you," Colin said and shook both of our hands.

"Good things I hoped," I said.

"Certainly. The largest business tycoon this side of town," he enthused.

"We should get to our table, lots to discuss," Fiona said and Colin led the way.

"I need to see you privately Fiona and soon," I said looking up at her.

"Certainly," she smiled and followed Colin. "Call me later," she turned in her tracks and added.

"You're going to be in trouble if you meet her alone," Reyon said and I shook my head. "Need I remind you of Nancy and my office," he said.

"I will meet her at her office."

"Bad idea."

"It's her office what can go wrong there."

"Do I need to tell you the number of times I did it in my office?"

"Your office is soundproof."

"And hers isn't. A public setting is better believe me. Do not give her leverage to reel you in. You said you care for Sibel then do not fuck it up."

"Hey, what did we miss," Reign said Kamaru following close behind. It was our customary guy's night out at the Elite bar.

"We just nursing our drinks waiting on you two," I said and they took their seat.

"My wife tells me you're ready to announce another charity gala," Reign said, and Reyon answered.

"In two weeks and I didn't remember to tell Sibel."

"You know a dress selection is in order, you need to talk fast."

All this relationship advice and it should not be rocket science yet I'm unaware of it. I know I should but there is so much we hadn't a chance to discuss.

I honestly do not want to distract her from her studies but there is so much we need to talk about.

Maybe I need to give her more time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 5.8K 61
Have you ever been in love with someone you know you shouldn't be in love with? Like the person who you feel is meant for you shouldn't be the one fo...
168K 4.2K 14
"Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband. Do you promise to love him, honour him, comfort and keep him in sickness and health, for ri...
5.6K 583 26
First book of the 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 "𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲" What will happen when two souls who hates one another are asked to be Together Forever? 𝗜𝘀�...
135 151 22
She's emotionally unstable. He's a hopeless romantic. She leads a life of orchestrated bedlam trying to not to stray from her characteristic mode o...