RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.4) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the fourth volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celt... More

Author's Note
Character Short: Y/N
Character Short: Christina
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 10

207 7 0
By ZANE_555

(A Long Time Ago, Brunswick Farm)

Remus quietly sneaks into a room and pulling up a chair next to a bed-ridden Aventine Brunswick. The girl is very pale and while she's supposedly unconscious, her eyes are half-lifted. Remus softly speak to her.

Remus: "Hey, Ave. I heard you weren't feeling well. My parents and the other adults wouldn't let me see you."

The boy expects some response from his friend only to get silence. He then continues speaking. 

Remus: "Things have been weird around the farm and I can't quite put my fingers on why. Everyone seems... off. Heck, I even feel weird myself... like sometimes I just don't... care about things."

He then goes to shake his head as he looks over his bed-ridden friend.

Remus: "I got scared so, I came to check up on you."

Aventine doesn't respond but, Remus does ear a racket from downstairs. He goes to the door and cracks it open slightly, listening out to a group of adults arguing about something just out of ear shot. Remus can barely hear what they're talking about, only hearing some of their voices being concern or angry. While some of their voices seem apathetic. Trying to get a better look through the door, Remus spot a man dressed in huntsman garb as the man turn to the other adults behind the corner.

Huntsman: "Alright! I'll go check out the well and see what the hell is going on."

Remus pulls back and closes the door, returning to sit beside Aventine.

Remus: "I hope you get better soon, Ave. I got a new game to play."

As he goes to touch her arm, Aventine immediately blink awake and start crying in pain, much to Remus's surprise and confusion.

Remus:  "A-Ave?"

Unbeknownst to him, the adults can hear the crying as they quickly burst into the room to find Remus, shaking her a bit.

Remus: "Ave, did I hurt you? I'm sorry, if I did."

As soon as Remus realize the presence of the adults, they begin to scold him.

Adult #1: "Remus Putnam, you shouldn't be here."

Remus: "B-But Mom, I-"

Adult #2: "Let's go. You're going back to your room."

His parents drag him out of the room as Remus glances over to Aventine, still crying in pain as the adults do their best to calm her down. 

__________________________________________________________________

(Weiss)

Weiss stands alone on a large, empty stage, singing a wordless aria, her arms outstretched. She is perfectly positioned below the center of the painted emblem of Atlas that dominates the stage.

Behind the stage, Y/N watches and listens in amazement over her singing.

Y/N #2: ("This is first time I hear her sing and wow, she can definitely sing.")

The song changes to emphatic lyrics.

Weiss: 🎵"I'm not your pet, not another thing you own.
I was not born guilty of your crimes.
Your riches and your influence can't hold me anymore.
I won't be possessed,
burdened by your royal test.
I will not surrender.
This life is mine.
"🎵

Weiss concludes her song and bows while the audience applauds. She became baffle over the crowd's reaction, blindly applauding and not caring what she was singing about. She looks up to the balcony above stage left where her father and brother are watching. Jacques remains seated, not applauding, while Whitely is standing giving a slower paced, sarcastic clap. Weiss looks back at the audience, all clapping still in their seats. She turns and walks backstage, her feigned smile replaced with a small frown. The heiress then walks out of the stage and towards Y/N's direction. Y/N, still in his butler uniform, finish applauding to her as he hands her a water bottle. The small frown on her face turn into a small smile as she takes the water bottle from his hand.

Weiss: "Thank you."

Y/N #2: "That was quite the performance you put on. Didn't think you were bold enough to sing about how much of an asshole your dad is."

Weiss: "So, you were listening to the lyrics. Can't say the same thing with the guests."

Y/N #2: "From what I saw, they only heard your singing but, not knowing or caring what you were singing about. Not even Jacques or Whitely." 

Weiss gives a warm smile before wrapping her arms around him, giving him a quick kiss on the lips. 

Weiss: "Regardless, I'm glad you actually listen to my song."

The two lock eyes with one another for a few moments before Klein clear his throat to get their attention, which it does as they quickly separate and look over to the butler. 

Klein: "Miss Schnee, Y/N, it's time to head to the ballroom."

Weiss: "O-Of course. See you there, Y/N."

Y/N #2: "Sure."

Weiss then walks pass Klein and to the direction of the ballroom. After watching her leave, Klein then turns to Y/N, who stand firmly to his senior.

Klein: "I'm quite glad that Miss Schnee is spending time with someone her own age. So, thank you, Y/N."

Y/N #2: "Oh, it's no problem, Klein. I plan on keeping her happy when we're together."

Klein: "That's good to hear. Anyway, it's time to get to work."

Y/N #2: "Serving food and drinks to the guests?"

Klein: "Ah, you're catching on, I see. Then, let's go."

Y/N #2: ("Well, that's what we tend to do most of the time in these events.")

(Inside the Ballroom)

Y/N carries martini glasses over a cloth on a tray, opening the door for Klein, himself, and the other servants to enter the ballroom where people chatter about to soft piano notes in the background. 

Y/N #2: ("Alright, time to play my part...")

He holds the tray next to a man, who takes a glass before walking off. A blonde woman in a dark green halter dress stops to look at him before moving on.

Y/N #2: Need anything else?

Blonde Woman: "No."

A man walks up to the blonde woman as Y/N listen into their conversation. 

Background Man: "Hey. Nice dress."

Blonde Woman: "What, this old thing?"

Background Man: "Heh. Didn't you enjoy the performance?"

Blonde Woman: "Yes, she has a lovely voice."

Rolling his eyes, Y/N gaze upon the entire ballroom, filled with dressed up people as Klein and the other servants move across the sea of guests, holding their respective tray in hand. On the far opposite end of the room, he spots a display area with three large paintings and two abstract statues. To one side, Y/N also spot Jacques, conversing with a man in glasses and a gray-haired woman in a green dress. 

Y/N #2: ("Hm, wonder what they're talking about?")

They are laughing, while Weiss is behind her father, looking at the floor with her hands held primly behind her back. Whitley stands similar further behind their father, only his gaze is directly on him. Once Weiss see Y/N staring at her, she offers a small smile and wave at him a little. In response, Y/N waves at her back as he ponders to himself, walking around the room just to get closer to Jacques.

Y/N #2: ("Talk about deja vu.")

Now standing a few meters away, Y/N eavesdrops on Jacques's conversation.

Jacques: "Oh, that's precisely my point. We offer Faunus the exact same wages given to the rest of our mining staff. Their argument's completely invalid right out of the gate."

Businessman: "Well, I think the bigger issue here is our society as a whole."

Jacques: "Why, you mean Atlas?"

As they converse, Weiss looks over to the largest painting on the end of the ballroom, depicting Beacon Academy with its CCT tower still standing.

Businessman: "Atlas, Mantle... You can't deny the economic disparity between the two."

Businesswoman: "I mean, what exactly are you suggesting?"

Weiss starts to step away, only to have her forearm grabbed by her father, who doesn't even turn around. Weiss halts, startled.

Businessman: "I'm just saying I don't think it's necessarily an issue of compensation as much as it is one of opportunity..."

Jacques pull Weiss back and turn to face her.

Jacques: "Where are you going?"

With a meek expression, Weiss responds. 

Weiss: "I'm... just a little thirsty."

Jacques: "Sweetheart, we have people for that."

He lets go of Weiss and begins to raise his arm to call over the nearest waiter he can find, which is Y/N.

Jacques: "Y/N!"

Weiss stops him by grabbing his forearm, prompting a sideways glance from Whitley.

Weiss: "No, I can get it. I'll be right back, I promise."

The two lock gazes as the conversation next to them continues.

Businesswoman: "Look, no one asked them to move here."

Businessman: "But companies like the SDC promised jobs."

Jacques decides to let Weiss go and turns back to his companions.

Jacques: "I'm sorry, I tuned out for a second, but sounds like I'm the good guy again?"

Jacques and the businesswoman share a laugh. Weiss moves across the room to look at the painting of Beacon Academy. Her father watches her go only to turn Y/N as he and Jacques lock eyes briefly.

Jacques: "Y/N, keep an eye on her."

Calmly, Y/N nod to him.

Y/N #2: "As you wish, sir." ("I'll keep my eyes peel on her.")

Tray with some drinks in hand, Y/N walk towards Weiss's direction. The obstacles being the guests calling to him to get a drink, which he let them have it. Y/N then see Weiss, barely reach the large painting when one of the guests, Henry Marigold speaks to her, away from the crowd. 

Y/N decides to slowly make it his way to them, all while pondering to the well-dressed guy when being nearby to eavesdrop on their conversation.

Y/N #2: ("Heh, Neptune pull off the blue hair better.")

Back with Weiss, Henry stands next to her. 

Henry: "It's beautiful... You two match."

Y/N #2: ("Okay, he flirts like Neptune too... just very badly.")

Weiss stands with her arms crossed, maintaining a cold expression throughout most of the conversation.

Weiss: "Yes, it's a lovely painting."

Henry: "So, that was my attempt at breaking the ice. How am I doing so far?"

Letting out a sigh, Weiss glances over him. 

Weiss: "You are leaving a lot to be desired."

Henry: "Well, I've always appreciated honesty."

The guy then offers his hand to her.

Henry: "Henry Marigold."

Weiss turns her head to look at him.

Weiss: "Weiss Schnee."

She lightly places her fingers across his in a very loose handshake before swiftly pulling her fingers back. 

Henry: "I know, I saw your performance."

Y/N could see this guy cringing at himself.

Y/N #2: ("Wow, and I thought Neptune was bad at flirting.")

Henry: "Obviously... Ahem, you were wonderful. And I promise I'm not just saying that because you're pretty."

Weiss turns her attention back to the painting, and there is brief silence between the two. Weiss glances over to see Y/N nearby them, pacing around a bit.

Henry: "So, you thinking about buying it?"

Henry begins to rattle the railing as he speaks.

Weiss: "No. I don't think so."

Henry: "Yeah, kind of pricey for a painting."

Weiss retorts with annoyance coming out of her voice.

Weiss: "It's to raise money."

Henry: "Oh really? For what?"

Weiss: "For what?"

The heiress throws a disgusted look at him, which Y/N soon notice this as well as Henry's remark. 

Y/N #2: ("Ah crap.")

Henry: "Hehe, I'll admit, I only come to these things for the food and drinks. Speaking of which..."

The guy turns to spot Y/N, pretending to walk and minding his own business.

Henry: "Hey, you."

Y/N #2: "Hm, me?"

Henry: "Yes, you. Come over here. I need a drink."

As instructed, Y/N walk over to them as Henry casually reaches out and takes a drink from the tray. Henry then turns to Weiss with a smirk on his face. 

Henry: "And the extraordinary company. Of course."

As he sips his drink, Weiss shifts her stance to face him and Y/N, who just smiles at her and wave a little. Weiss then turn to glare at Henry, her arms still crossed.

Henry: "So what, is it another Mantle fundraiser or something? Or some-"

Weiss: "Get out."

Henry: "Hehe, excuse me?"

Weiss: "I said get out, or I will have security escort you out."

As she said this, she points at Y/N behind Henry as both Henry and Y/N are shock by this.

Y/N #2: ("Why she pointing at me? I'm a butler!")

Henry: "This guy? Security?"

Weiss: "Exactly."

She then walks over to Y/N, standing beside him and grabbing his arm with her hands. 

Y/N #2: "Uhm, Miss Schnee...?"

Henry is taken aback by what he's seeing as he tries to speak.

Henry: "Wha-? But I haven't done any-"

Only for Weiss cut him off and takes on a more aggressive stance as she raises her voice. 

Weiss:" Leave!"

He stares at her in disbelief before scowling.

Henry: "Pfft, whatever."

They watch him walk away, and once he is gone, she turns to Y/N, who is baffled by the whole exchange she had with Henry.

Y/N #2: "Did you really have to do that?"

Weiss: "As a matter of fact, yes. He doesn't even know what this whole event is even about."

Y/N #2: "Look, I understand why you're upset, but keep it together. Once this whole event is over, your father will be able to bring Winter here for a whole week."

Weiss: "I know that but, still..."

Letting out a sigh, she turns back to the painting with Y/N as Y/N glances at her.

Y/N: "I know... it's because of Beacon... and what happened there..."

Weiss: "Yeah..."

The two quietly examine the painting for a couple moments just as Weiss cut off the silence with her words.

Weiss: "Eavesdropping on me again?"

Y/N #2: "Your father told me to keep an eye on you. Heh, guess he's starting to trust me to 'interact' with you. More so than other servants that isn't Klein."

Weiss: "I see... at this point, I'm starting to think you like ogling at me all the time. Like you were trying to eat me with your eyes."

Y/N: "Well, your dress does look nice on you. But I wouldn't go as far as saying that I'm ogling at you."

Weiss: "Hmph, considering the few instances of you eavesdropping on my conversations, you can't blame me for thinking that. I see you even snatching glances at me when I'm not looking."

Upon saying this, the smirking heiress goes to poke him in the cheek a few times before pulling her arm away as Y/N asks. 

Y/N: "And is that an issue?"

With a proud smile, Weiss replies, puffing out her own chest.

Weiss: "Not at all. In fact..."

Before she continues with her speaking, she turns to face him and show off her relatively exposed legs a bit to him via lifting up the skirt of her dress as if she's doing a curtsy. 

Weiss: "I don't mind you leering at me every now and then. I'm merely addressing it how it is."

Rolling his eyes at her statement while simultaneously shifting his eyes to the side, Y/N comments back. 

Y/N: "Riiight. I'll keep that in mind."

Weiss: "Hm, very well..."

The heiress quickly stops what she's doing, dropping her hold of her skirt and turns her attention back to the painting with Y/N still beside her. Crossing her arms, the heiress then glances over to Y/N, who remain motionless and still gazing upon the enormous and luxurious painting before them. In a serious tone, Weiss then asks. 

Weiss: "So... you heard Henry Marigold try to... flirt with me, right?"

Y/N #2: "I did. Heh, he was pretty bad at it, though."

In a soft tone, Weiss asks.

Weiss: "Were you... jealous?"

After a moment of silence, Y/N slightly turn his head to look at Weiss.

Y/N #2: "Hehe, you really think I'm jealous over a guy who's a worse flirt than Neptune and think he can pull off the dyed blue hair? Pfft, please."

Weiss: "Well, I just thought... you be upset at seeing him hitting on me."

In response, Y/N playfully nudge her shoulder with his, all while wearing a smile on his face.

Y/N #2: "Okay, maybe I was... a 'little' jealous when I saw it happened... but, then I saw you being your Ice Queen self and turn that guy down. Hm, that was fun to watch."

Weiss: "Hey! Don't call me that."

The heiress then grabs onto his arm once more, holding it tightly and her head leaning somewhat close to his shoulder. 

Weiss: "I was considering your feelings, you dunce."

There's a moment of silence between them before Y/N speaks again. 

Y/N #2: "Thanks, Weiss."

This makes Weiss look up, giving him a small smile on her face. And as much she wants to just kiss him here and now, she's unable to due to the number of people behind them. Instead, she comments back. 

Weiss: "Also, his hair wasn't dyed."

Y/N raise a brow at that. 

Y/N #2: "Wait what?"

Weiss: "The Marigold's hair are always a dull blue color. Just like every Schnee's hair color is always white."

Visibly surprised by this, Y/N's eyes widen a bit, processing her words.

Y/N #2: "Oh..."

His reaction makes Weiss quietly giggle to herself. After that, the two chat for a bit and before their conversation can continue, they overhear someone shouting. They turn their attention at the crowd of guests to see an enraged businessman yelling at a waiter.

Angry Businessman: "No, no, no! I asked for a double sundae! This is an outrage!"

Waiter: "I'm so sorry, sir."

Weiss and Y/N share a brief look before Y/N realize he got what the guest want as he speaks to her.

Y/N #2: "I got to go, Weiss. See you later."

Weiss: "Okay..."

She stares after him as he goes to confront the angry businessman, managing to calm the man down and giving him the double sundae before the waiter thank Y/N for the assist. Seeing that he got this under control, Weiss turn to the Beacon Academy painting, looking up to see a sign in front of the display, which reads: "SHOW THE WORLD WE CARE. All proceeds go to the Kingdom of Vale." She closes her eyes as the chatter of the party guests grows louder, but one voice stands out among the rest of them.

Trophy Wife: "But really, does it come as any surprise, what happened to Vale?"

Weiss opens her eyes and turns slightly, peering over her shoulder at the woman.

Trophy Wife: "It was a long time coming if you ask me."

Husband: "Honey... please..."

The Trophy Wife's husband places his hand on her shoulder, trying to shush her, but she shakes it off, leaving him to glance around the room with a forced, nervous grin. The Trophy Wife walks pass Y/N, who is listening to this woman after giving a guest another drink. 

Trophy Wife: "What? You said the same thing last night. If they're so arrogant to think they can get by without proper kingdom defense, then I say good riddance."

While she talks, her husband drops the act and heaves a silent sigh. The Trophy Wife's rant is cut off by a voice shouting angrily across the room at her.

Weiss: "Shut up!"

The room falls silent, and all of the party goers turn to look at her. While Y/N gives a concerned look at the angry Weiss, glaring at the woman.

Y/N #2: ("Ah crap. Not again.")

Jacques: "Weiss?"

Her voice still raised, Weiss angrily gestures to the guests while she speaks.

Weiss: "You don't have a clue! None of you do!"

Trophy Wife: "Excuse me?"

Weiss: "You're all just standing around talking about nothing! Worrying about your hair, your money, your stupid problems that don't mean anything!"

Her father quickly approaches her while Whitley looks on. 

Jacques: "Weiss, that's enough."

He grabs her wrist, and she immediately begins struggling to pull away.

Weiss: "Let go of me!"

Jacques: "You're embarrassing the family!"

Weiss: "I said let go!"

Weiss breaks free her father's grasp with a harsh tug, but in the process, she loses her balance and collapses to the floor. Suddenly, a glyph manifests next to Weiss, and a Boarbatusk  is summoned. 

She looks at it with wide eyes, her jaw dropping that she manages to summon something. The guests look in awe at seeing this, especially Y/N.

Y/N #2: ("No way...")

The Boarbatusk Summon charges toward the Trophy Wife, who is visibly horrified at seeing this Grimm suddenly appear and going after her. 

Trophy Wife: "P-Please, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, j-just leave me alone."

As it leaps toward her and her husband, tusks pointed at them, Y/N dash in front of them, managing to grab both of its tusks with his hands. Even though, he stops it, he forgot how sharp its tusks are as he see his hands bleeding.

Y/N #2: ("Shit, this hurt.")

With all his might, Y/N manage to throw the Boarbatusk Summon into the air, away from the party guests as it's been shot down by General Ironwood before it hit the floor. Y/N turn to the general while holding his bleeding hands. 

Y/N #2: "Thank you, general."

Ironwood: "Don't mention it. You should patch yourself up."

Y/N nod to him as the Trophy Wife cuts in.

Trophy Wife: "Arrest her! What are you waiting for? She's insane, she should be locked up."

Ironwood: "She's the only one making sense around here. Thanks for the party, Jacques."

The general casually makes his exit just as Y/N use some cloths as bandages for his bleeding hands. Still on the floor, Weiss looks up to see her father turn to glare at her. Jacques then turns to Y/N as he points at her daughter.

Jacques: "Y/N, take my daughter to her room. Now!"

Y/N #2: "Yes sir." 

Y/N goes to grab Weiss's wrist and pulling her away from the ballroom. Weiss spot his hands, bandaged up with some cloths and seeing the red stained on it.

Weiss: "Y/N... I'm... I'm sorry, I didn't-"

Y/N #2: "Don't worry, Weiss. It's merely a scratch. Let's go to your room."

Once the two leave the ballroom, none of the guests and servants see the droplets of Y/N's blood, mixed in red and black color as it slowly disappears from the floor.   

__________________________________________________________________

(Adam)

Adam walks into the White Fang throne room through a double set of doors. 

He approaches Sienna, who is now sitting on the throne as she sees him kneeling down to her. 

Sienna: "What is it, Adam?"

Adam: "Sienna, I inquire that you send me and a new team to Menagerie to assist Fennec and Corsac in managing the PR among Menagerie's citizens."

Sienna looks at him warily for a moment before asking. 

Sienna: "Why would you want to go that position?"

Adam tilts his head up to face Sienna.

Adam: "Fennec and Corsac are old friends of mine. After the disaster of Beacon where one of my friends defected and the other was killed, I believe now that keeping my friends close has become important to me."

Seeing through that flimsy excuse of a reason, Sienna retorts back.

Sienna: "I wonder if the real reason you want to go is because a defector you mentioned, Blake Belladonna have just outed herself there and you want some form of revenge."

Adam: "No, I'm already on a tight leash and I'm staying that way."

Sienna: "Hm... even so, I already chose a candidate."

Right on cue, Ilia enters the throne room, approaching Sienna before kneeling down before her.

Ilia: "Ma'am, why did you wanted to see me?"

Smiling, Sienna replies back.

Sienna: "You are being sent to Menagerie to assist in the PR campaign."

Beside Ilia, Adam looks over to Ilia, trying his best to hide his anger from his face. Sienna then gets Ilia caught up on the need-to-know in her new objective.

Sienna: "And so, you'll being leaving to Menagerie in half a week. Understood?"

Ilia nod to her.

Ilia: "Yes, ma'am."

Sienna: "You are dismissed then."

Ilia: "Understood."

Once Ilia left the throne room, Sienna soon addresses to Adam, who is still kneeling before her.

Sienna: "Adam, the Belladonnas are a crucial ally in reclaiming the White Fang's credibility as a civil rights organization. So, any personal vendetta you have towards Blake should be shelved away or perhaps, I should have reconsidered my decision to keeping you around."

Adam growls at this but, Sienna quickly cuts him off, giving a small frown.

Sienna: "I'm disappointed in you, Adam. You had such a way of leading our people with your skills and charisma. Onrio and I saw the potential within you. Unfortunately, you squandered it for being petty."

There was a moment of silence before Sienna continues.

Sienna: "You may leave, Adam."

He nods, obviously angry as he stomps out the exit of the throne room as Sienna watch him leave. 

__________________________________________________________________

Back at the tavern in Higanbana, the waitress is scrubbing the floor. The sound of approaching footsteps ceases when a voice addresses her, making the waitress look up.

Tyrian: "Excuse me... I was hoping you could... help me find someone.

Tyrian laughs maniacally as the waitress becomes visibly horrified upon seeing him. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

847 11 6
Arashi has his hometown attacked, and his family slaughtered. Orphaned, and alone, he makes a journey to the nearby kingdom of Vale. Over the course...
35.6K 850 34
It's been a long time since Y/N step foot in Vale. He was searching for information as best he can. Until he heard that an old associate of his, Adam...
4.3K 36 16
4 RWBY characters I made inserted into the story line of the show, I do not own RWBY all rights go to Rooster Teeth and the late Monty Oum
67.1K 1.3K 31
This is a continuation of my Rwby Volume 4 fanfic.