Fighting For Love

By CourtneyCupit

Hannah goes with her two friends to a street fight. At the end of the fight she is hassled by a guy and one o... More

Fighting For Love
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue

Chapter 3

11.3K 308 35
By CourtneyCupit

                                                                "A Favor"

Hannah’s POV:

            I woke up the next morning and jumped up to get ready. I didn’t want to admit how excited I was to see Dylan again. I almost didn’t want to leave him yesterday. I pulled on my jeans and a light blue tank top before grabbing my brush and pulling it through my hair. I pulled it up into a messy bun at the top of my head. I grabbed my light blue Chucks and pulled them on before grabbing my bag and my phone and leaving.

            I walked down the stairs and turned on my security system. I grabbed my keys and walked out the door. I walked over to my car and got in to head to the hospital. I couldn’t believe that Dylan wanted me to come back today. I was expecting him to not want anything to do with me.

            I pulled into the hospital parking lot and got out to head in. I walked in and was almost to the elevator when the woman at the desk stopped me.

            “Are you Hannah Murphy,” she asked.

            “Yes,” I said curiously.

            “Dylan Thomas got moved to the third floor. He wanted me to make sure that you knew that,” she said with a laugh.

            “Oh. Thank you,” I said with a smile.

            “You’re welcome,” she said as she turned back to her computer.

            I got on the elevator and hit the button for the third floor. After a few minutes the elevator stopped and I climbed out. I walked over to the desk on that floor and waited for the woman to look up at me.

            “Can I help you,” she asked me.

            “I want to know where Dylan Thomas’s room is,” I said.

            “Room 306,” she said with a smile.

            “Thank you,” I said as I walked away. I found his room and knocked before slowly opening the door. Dylan was sitting up in his bed watching TV with Jared. Jared was slouched down in a chair laughing at something.

            “Hannah,” Dylan said with a smile as he sat up straighter.

            “Hey,” I said as I came further into the room.

            “I’m glad you’re here. Now I can go get some breakfast,” Jared said as he got up and walked out.

            “He seemed eager to get out of here,” I said as I walked over to sit in the chair beside his bed.

            “I think I was annoying him,” he told me with a shrug.

            “You shouldn’t do that,” I said with a laugh. “Are you feeling better?”

            “Yeah,” he said nodding.     

            “Good. How long do you have in here,” I asked him.

            “The doctor said a week,” he told me.

            “That’s not too bad,” I said.

            “Nah. It already looks better. Do you want to see,” he asked reaching for his shirt.

            “No,” I said as I grabbed his arm to stop him.

            “Why not,” he asked smiling at me.

            “I don’t like open wounds,” I said laughing at him.

            “It’s not open. It’s stitched together,” he said.

            “I don’t care. Do not show me,” I said as I looked up at the TV.

            “Do you like this show,” he asked me after a minute.

            “I’ve never seen it,” I said honestly.

            “You’ve never seen Ridiculousness,” he asked with a shocked look on his face.

            “No,” I said with a raised eyebrow.

            “I have a lot to show you,” he said with a sad shake of his head.

            “Sure,” I said as I rolled my eyes playfully.

            “Hello Hannah,” I heard. I looked up to see Dylan’s mother coming in.

            “Hey Mrs. Thomas,” I said.

            “I actually need to speak with you,” she said.

            “Oh? About what,” I asked.

            “It’s private. May I speak to you in the hall,” she asked.

            “Sure,” I said as I stood up.

            “You’re coming back right,” Dylan asked as he caught my arm.

            “Yes,” I said with a smile as I walked away. I followed his mother into the hallway and waited to hear what she would say.

            “I hate to do this. I want you to know that,” she said.

            “It’s ok,” I said feeling a little worried.

            “I have to go out of town. Dylan only has his father to go to but him and his father don’t get along,” she said.

            “What does that have to do with me,” I asked.

            “I was wondering if you would let him stay with you for about a month,” she asked.

            “My parents aren’t ever at my house. It’s just me,” I said.

            “I know that I can trust you and he seems to really like being with you,” she begged.

            “I have to ask my mom,” I told her feeling really nervous.

            “Ok. Just let me know,” she said as she walked into the room. I pulled my phone out and walked a little bit away. I called my mom and she answered on the third ring.

            “Hello sweety,” she answered.

            “Hey mom. I have a big question for you,” I said.

            “What is it,” she asked laughing.

            “You know that boy Dylan who saved me,” I asked.

            “Of course,” she said.

            “Well his mom has to leave for work and he doesn’t have anywhere to go. His mom asked me if he could stay with me for about a month,” I said.

            “I don’t know Hannah,” she said with a sigh.

            “He needs to be taken care of but if his mom stays then she loses her job,” I told her.

            “Do you think you can handle it,” she asked.

            “Yes. And we go to the same school so it’ll be easy,” I said.

            “If you’re sure then ok,” she said.

            “Thanks mom,” I told her.

            “You’re welcome. I love you,” she said before she hung up. I walked back over to Dylan’s room and walked in.

            “Hey. I thought you left,” Dylan said with a smile as I walked in.

            “I told you that I was coming back,” I said as I looked over at his mom. “She told me yes.”

            “Oh thank god,” she said as she put a hand over her heart.

            “Who said yes to what,” Dylan asked looking back and forth between us.

            “Do you want me to tell him,” I asked his mother.

            “Yes. I’ll be outside,” she said as she walked out.

            “What are you guys talking about,” Dylan asked as I walked over and sat beside him.

            “You’re mom has to leave,” I said.  

            “Yeah but how do you know that,” he asked confused.

            “Your mom told me. She also told me that you don’t have anywhere to go,” I said.

            “No. I can’t ask to stay with you,” he said shaking his head.

            “You didn’t. Your mother did and we already decided that you’ll stay with me for around a month,” I said.

            “I can’t put you out like that,” he said sadly.

            “Yes you can. I can take care of you and we have plenty of room,” I said.

            “But you’ve already done so much,” he said.

            “And this little bit more won’t kill me,” I said with a smile as I grabbed his hand.

            “Are you sure about this,” he asked.

            “Of course,” I said.

            “And your parents,” he asked.

            “Already agreed,” I told him with a grin.

            “You really are amazing,” he said as he looked at me seriously.

            “Nah,” I said as I let go of his hand and sat back in the chair.

            “We’ll just disagree,” he told me with a laugh.

            “If you say so,” I said happily.

            “Is he ok with it,” his mom called out from a crack in the door.

            “Yes,” I called back.

            “I figured he would be if you were the one to give him the news,” she said. “I have to go back to work.”

            “Ok. See ya later,” Dylan told her.

            “I’ll be back tonight,” she promised as she came over to kiss him on the forehead.

            “Ok,” he said with a smile.

            “Take care of him Hannah,” she said as she walked out.

            “I’ll try,” I said laughing.

            “So what do you want to do,” he asked me after his mother was gone.

            “I have no idea,” I said honestly.

            “I guess we can just watch TV,” he said.

            “Sure,” I said as I looked back towards the TV.

            “What do you want to watch,” he asked me.

            “Jerry springer is on right now,” I said.

            “You like Jerry Springer,” he asked as he scrunched up his nose.

            “Yeah. I love all that drama,” I said with a smile.

            “Who knew,” he said as he turned it on.

            “Yay,” I said as I started watching.

            “This show is crazy,” he told me.

            “You have no clue,” I said as I watched two women fight.

            “I like that you’re surprising,” he told me.

            “You say that now,” I told him.

            “Why do you say that,” he asked sounding confused.

            “You may not like all of my surprises,” I said without looking at him.

            “I doubt that,” he said in almost a whisper. It almost gave me a little bit of hope.

Dylan’s POV:

            I saw her curl into the chair and I knew she was almost asleep. I was trying to be as quiet as possible so that I wouldn’t wake her up. She had done so much for me and now she would be taking care of me for a month. I mean I guess her parents will really be taking care of me but she’ll always be around.

            I didn’t know how I would handle being close to her all the time. As it was, I never wanted her to leave from here. Now that I had her I didn’t want to let her go for even a minute. I heard a knock on the door and Hannah shot up in the chair. I turned to look at the door a second before Jared and Wes walked in.

            “What’s up people,” Jared said as he came in and plopped down in the chair beside Hannah. Wes walked over and pulled Hannah up, sat down, and then pulled Hannah down into his lap. I knew that he was gay but it still made me a little mad to see it.

            “Nothing much,” Hannah told him with an adorable smile.

            “Y’all been having fun,” Jared asked.

            “I suppose. We’ve been watching TV,” I told him.

            “Fun stuff,” Wes said.

            “What have you guys been doing,” Hannah asked them.

            “Just hanging around the hospital. Bothering nurses,” Jared said with a smirk.

            “You should be ashamed,” Hannah told him.

            “Nah. Where’s your mom,” Jared asked me.

            “She had to go back to work,” I said.

            “You figured that stuff out yet,” he asked. I knew what he was talking about.

            “Yeah. I’m staying with Hannah,” I said.    

            “Really,” he asked with wide eyes.

            “Yeah. My mom asked her if I could stay,” I said with a shrug.

            “So he knows about your parents,” Wes asked.

            “What about her parents,” I asked curiously.

            “They’re never home. Right now they work in London and they only come home like once every two months,” Hannah told me.

            “Damn. So you live alone,” I asked.

            “No. We have a live in maid. She takes care of me most of the time,” she told me.

            “Oh,” I said nodding as I looked back up at the TV.

            “I’m gonna go get something to eat,” Hannah said as she stood up and stretched.

            “Me too,” Wes said as he followed her out of the room.

            “So all alone with Hannah,” Jared said with a smile.

            “Shut up. How am I gonna handle that,” I asked feeling nervous.

            “I can’t shut up and answer a question,” he said with a smirk.

            “Don’t be an ass,” I said with a frown.

            “Just don’t jump her,” he said with a shrug.

            “Dude,” I exclaimed as I felt my face heat up.

            “I don’t know why you’re complaining. The girl you’ve liked for two years is practically attached to your hip. You should be over joyed,” he told me.

            “She isn’t attached to my hip,” I said with a frown.

            “Yes she is. She was here all night and again all today,” he said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

            “I think that she’s only doing this because she’s grateful. I don’t want her to like me just because I got stabbed,” I said as I ran my hand through my hair.

            “I don’t think she does. I think she honestly just likes you,” he told me with a shrug.

            “I want to just take that but I can’t get my hopes up,” I said with a sigh.

            “We’re back,” Hannah said as she came back in with a bag.

            “Where did you guys go,” I asked her.

            “To the burger king across the street,” she told me as she sat down on the edge of my bed. I instantly moved my leg over so that she could have more room.

            “Awesome,” Jared said as he stretched out.

            “I bet it’s gonna be boring to be here all the time,” Wes said to me.

            “Yeah,” I said with a sad frown.

            “I’ll be here every day,” Hannah told me with a smile.

            “Really,” I asked with a grin.           

            “Maybe not all day but as much as I can,” she said with a nod.

            “Thanks,” I said a little quietly.

            “No problem. I suppose I should start getting your room together,” she said with a small frown.

            “You don’t have to do much,” I said quickly.

            “I won’t go overboard. I promise,” she said with a laugh.

            “I hope not and don’t spend any money,” I told her.

            “I can’t promise that,” she said with a smile.

            “Hannah,” I started with a sigh.

            “Just let me have fun. I like doing stuff like this and god knows that we have enough money to do it,” she said as she looked at me seriously.

            “I just don’t want to be a bother,” I said.

            “You aren’t. It might actually be nice to have someone else in the house,” she said happy again.

            “Do you get lonely,” I asked.

            “Sometimes. Mostly Wes, Michael, and Ally keep me company,” she said.

            “That’s good,” I said with a nod.

            “But it’ll be even better to have someone around all the time,” she said as she looked over at Wes. They seemed to be holding a conversation with just their eyes. I really wanted to know what was going through her head.

            “Ally wants you to come over later. She said it was important. Something about Martin,” Wes told her as he ate his fries.

            “What about him,” Hannah asked with a frown.

            “I don’t know. You know she doesn’t tell me anything,” he said laughing.

            “True,” she said with a shrug.

            “Is that her boyfriend,” Jared asked.

            “She wishes,” Wes said with a snort.

            “Don’t be an ass,” Hannah said with a small smile.

            “Every one of us has one person that they’re obsessed with. Ally is obsessed with Martin,” Wes explained.

            “What about you two,” I asked as I felt my heart rate speed up.

            “Not telling,” Hannah said as she ducked her head.

            “Me either,” Wes said with a smirk.

            “No fair,” Jared said.

            “When y’all tell us then we’ll tell you,” Wes told him.

            “Well Dylan here is obsessed with..,” Jared started.

            “SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP,” I yelled.

            “You don’t want us to know,” Hannah asked with a smile.

            “No,” I said as I ducked my head a little bit.

            “Aww,” she said as she stretched her arms above her head.

            “I’m sleepy,” I said after I yawned really big.

            “We should go anyway,” Hannah said as she stood up.

            “Ok,” I said a little sadly.

            “I’ll see you tomorrow,” she said as she leaned down to hug me before walking away.

            “See you,” I said as I watched her walk away. As soon as she was gone I looked back over to see Jared smirking at me. “Leave me alone.”

            “Whipped,” was all he said.

******Read******

Another chapter down. I'll upload one more chapter before today is over with and then i'll try to get one up at least every other day. If not i'll let you guys know a head of time.

Vote, Comment, and Fan :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

762K 24.8K 28
"Maybe I'm supposed to let you go, like I tried to, but I can't, because I'll lose the one person I've ever truly loved." Alec frowned as he stared a...
332K 9.3K 26
For Cassidy Richards, nothing's been going right. Her parents died in a plane crash her freshman year. Though she gained a boyfriend, he left her not...
7.9K 172 16
So yeah, your just one of the cup brothers friends at the age of 15, but you had been working for the Devil since the age of 14 as a small waiter, th...
36.6K 1K 44
|𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝗜𝗜 𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗕𝗟𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦| Valarie Stone is done with High School and is now ready to take on the world at Bradford Univ...