Chapter 17

"Planning a Party"

Hannah’s POV:

            I was trying to sneak out of the house. It was the first time I’ve ever tried to and it wasn’t going very well. It seemed like every corner I turned someone was there. I just needed to make it outside and around the corner to meet Jared. I walked down the stairs and looked around the corner. No one was in the kitchen so I ran through and went out the side door.

            Once I was outside I ran down the street and turned the corner. I saw Jared sitting in his car right outside the fence. I ran over and waved to the guard as I went out the fence and walked over to Jared.

            “Hey,” Jared said with a big smile.

            “Hi,” I said with a relieved smile.

            “Was it hard to get out,” he asked as we got in his car.

            “Yes. It seemed like there was someone everywhere I looked,” I said as I relaxed in the seat.

            “Dylan is gonna call wondering where you are,” he said.

            “I know. I’m gonna tell him that I’m with Ally.”

            “What if he asks Ally?”

            “I’ve already told Ally to cover for me,” I said as I grinned at him.

            “You’re pretty smart,” he said as he laughed.

            “You should have already known that. If Dylan finds out about this he’s gonna be pissed,” I said as I started chewing on my nails.

            “He’s not going to find out but if he does we’ll just tell him the truth,” he said as he reached over to touch my arm.

            “I just hope he doesn’t beat you up first,” I said as I smirked at him.

            “Yeah that would suck,” he said as he thought about it.

            “So where are we going,” I asked.

            “To the party store,” he said with a big grin.

            “Where exactly are we gonna hide the decorations,” I asked him.

            “At my house. He would find them at yours but he hasn’t been at my house in a while,” he said as he pulled into the parking lot.

            “That’s true,” I said as he parked. Then I heard my phone ring.

            “Uh oh,” Jared said.

            “Be quiet. Don’t make a sound,” I said as I took my phone out. Sure enough it was Dylan. “Hello.”

            “Hey. Where are you at,” he asked.

            “I’m shopping with Ally. I should be home in a few hours,” I told him.

            “Oh. I didn’t see you leave this morning,” he said. I could hear the suspicion in his voice.