Don't Remind Me (Book 2)

By Rogie025

Leona Blue moved on from the heartbreak of her first love and moved on to graduate from a good college out of... More

-Prologue-
-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-8-
-9-
-10-
-11-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-
-20-
-21-
-22-

-12-

4 2 1
By Rogie025

I was back at the Ro'Meave's. The house towered over me, making me feel extremely small. Vylad and Zane were apparently already inside, so they were just waiting on us. But I felt like I couldn't move. My father was in there. It all felt so surreal. I clutched the bottle of wine I brought tightly. Garroth nudged me with his shoulder. "You good?"

"Fine." My voice squeaked.

"Are you sure? You don't have to do this, you know."

"No... No, I want to." I shook myself off and took a step forward. "Let's do this."

He let ourselves in. "Hello, mom?"

"Gar Gar!" His mother, a sweet looking lady with green eyes and dark hair streaked with gray, can running around the corner wearing an flowery apron lightly dusted with flour. She threw herself over to him and gave him a huge hug. "Oh, sweetie! How are you?"

"Good, mummy, thank you." He hugged her back and gave her a comforting smile.

She gave him a look over. "You've lost weight. Are you eating enough, Gar Gar?"

"I'm eating plenty. I've just been working out more."

"Good. I don't want you to get sick or anything." She turned her attention to me. "And you must be Leona!" She gave me a hug, too. "It's so nice to finally meet you!"

"You, too, Mrs.Ro'Meave!" I felt my face get a little warm. My family was almost never this touchy feely. It was nice, though. "Thanks for having me!"

She pulled back and grabbed my hands. "Oh! Of course! Please, call me Zianna! I've been wanting to meet Garroth's girlfriend for a long time now!"

"O-oh! He's not-" I looked over at Garroth. "We're not-"

"Mummy! We're not a couple. She's just a friend."

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I misunderstood. Anyways, come on in!"

"It's totally okay!" I followed her back to the kitchen. "Also I brought some wine, if you all like it."

She took it from me, beaming. "Perfect!"

"Do you need any help?"

"No! Please, go sit with the others. It'll be ready soon!"

I gladly did what she said. I personally hate making stuff in the kitchen. At least I do now...

Flashback

It was his senior year and my junior year. My family was gone for the evening for one of my brother's soccer games, so Laurance decided to surprise me with a homemade dinner. 

"Are you supposed to be doing it like that?" I narrowed my eyes in mock judgement.

He stood in my kitchen wearing my dad's rufflely apron, one hand on his hip, the other sassily holding a wooden spoon. "It's not that hard to stir a pot."

"Hmm... if you say so." I leaned on my elbows on the kitchen counter. "I just don't think it's supposed to look like that."

"If you don't think it looks right, then you help." He shoved the spoon at me in a fake rage.

"Fine. Maybe I will." I plucked it from his hand, lightly brushing his finger. I stood in front of the pot and started stirring it for a few seconds.

I felt his presence over my shoulder. "Hmm-"

"This is how it's supposed to look, asshole."

"Language." He poked my in my side.

"Says you!" I turned and faced him, inches between us.

"Uh huh." His eyes flickered down to my lips. He kissed me and I melted into it, throwing my arms around his neck. He always knew how to shut me up. "And that's how you end a fight, smartass." 

"Right." I drew the i out. "Right." I turned back to the pot and he wrapped his arms around my waist, his head in the crook of my neck. We stood there until the sauce was done, comfortably swaying together. That's how things were with him. Comfortable. At least most of the time.

-

I entered the living room and saw Zane and Vylad sitting with Garroth, who was looking around, probably to find his father. "Leona!" Vylad stood up and gave me a hug. "Long time no see."

"Hey, Vylad!" Although it was so nice to see him, I couldn't help but feel guilty. I was about to turn his life upside down. "How've you been?"

"Good, good, thanks! I'm living at home right now because I'm in medical school and trying to save money."

"That's smart! Good for you."

"Thanks, so I heard you're back in town?"

"Yeah! I'm teaching at Phoenix Drop High, actually. Mr.Max recently retired and I took his position."

"Wow! Time flies, huh?"

"Definitely." I leaned around him. "Hey, Zane."

He glanced up at me. "Hi." He said curtly.

"Well, you're as warm as ever."

He looked back down at his phone. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

"Charming." I turned to Garroth. "You okay?"

"Yeah." He smiled at me before turning to his brothers. "Where's dad?"

"He's still at work. He should be home soon. Come, sit. We have a lot of catching up to do." We spoke for awhile, reliving old memories and discussing our current life until Mr. Ro'Meave came in the door.

"I'm home!"

"Hey, dad!" Vylad waved to him. Something caught in my throat. Looking at him now, I don't know how I didn't notice it when I was here during our high school years. Our hair was nearly identical and our eyes were the same. Same shape, same color, exactly the same. We even had a kind of smile that spread throughout our faces.

"Hey, Vylad, Zane, Garroth." He looked at me. "Who's this?"

"This is Leona, dad." Garroth reintroduced us.

"H-hello, sir." I stuck out my hand. "It's nice to meet you."

"You, too." He subtly studied my face. "I'm sorry, you look so familiar. Have we met before?"

Yes, I'm your daughter. "I was friends with Garroth in high school, sir."

"Ah, yes! Eric's girl. How's your father?"

"Good, sir. Thank you."

Zianna walked in, wiping her hands on a towel. "Dinner's ready! Hello, dear."

He kissed her cheek. "Great, thank you, my dear. It smells very good."

-

Dinner started well. For the most part. It started with the Ro'Meave boys messing with and making fun of each other. Their mom playfully scolded them while their father gave fake laughs and studied me further when he thought no one was looking. I think that he suspected that he knew me another way, but he hadn't connected the dots yet.

"So, Leona." Everyone turned to look at Mr. Ro'meave at the head of the table. "Tell me more about yourself, your family."

"Oh, well, I'm a teacher at PDH, now. My sister and father still live in town, but my brother, Kacey, is in his final year of university and my other two brothers live outside of the US."

"Interesting."

"So, Leona." Vylad took a bite of his roast beef. "Since when are you and my brother a thing?"

"Oh! Uh-"

"We're not. Trust me." Garroth poked at his own meal.

"Really? Because Garroth never brings anyone to dinner with him. Well, except Laurance, of course."

My heart beat faster at the mention of his name. Thankfully, Mr. Ro'Meave saved us from the situation.

Mr. Ro'Meave cleared his throat. "You don't look like the rest of your family, Leona. Do you look like your mother?"

"Well, actually I was adopted. But, I recently have been in contact with my birth mom."

"Hmm." He tilted his head a little. "Do you look like her?"

He's starting to figure it out. "Umm-"

"Dad." Garroth gave him a warning look. 

"I'm just making conversation, Gar Gar." He turned his attention back to me. "So?"

"Well, I guess so. I look a lot like my father, too, though."

"Your father? Are your parents anyone I would know?"

Garroth stood up and slammed his fists on the table. "Dad!"

"Garte! Garroth! Please! We have a guest." Zianna begged.

"Garroth, it's a simple question."

"I know why you're asking this, and so do you."

"Garroth!" I whispered and tugged at his arm in warning.

"I don't know what you're-"

"Leona is your daughter, Dad! She's the kid from the affair that you had years ago with your secretary. You and I both know it."

There it was. The secret hung in the air, causing everyone to fall silent. I felt like the air had been sucked from my lungs as I sat frozen in shock. 

That's when shit happened.

The boys started yelling at their father, while their mother was trying to calm them down. Garte was trying to explain himself to Zianna, but she was ignoring him, probably saving her words for him when they were alone. I probably should have done something and I'd love to tell you that I did, but I just continued to sit in silence. After a few minutes of chaos, I felt an arm dragging me out of the house. I was in a haze as Garroth drove me home. He spoke to me the whole way, probably comforting me, but I didn't understand one word he said. I sat in bed after he dropped me off just staring at the wall.

I wish tonight never happened.

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 278 32
A girl who was in the dark, gloomy path that her parents forced her in. She spends her days going against the rules of the kingdom, being mischievous...
161K 3.5K 38
"The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life." Nanami Akiyama could not thing of a more tru...
252K 6.7K 25
Captain Levi has always been emotionless and the perfect soldier, free of any ropes tying him down... Until a young girl captures his heart. Disclaim...
117K 5.9K 49
Impossible Trilogy, Book Three. A year has passed since Kanaye's attempt to capture the Sixth Hokage, Kakashi Hatake. This time, Kaiyo is going to ta...