Elizabeth

By General_Kenobi_FAN

Elizabeth "Lilibet" Gilbert has just adjusted to becoming a vampire when she and her younger sister are kidna... More

Elizabeth Gilbert
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By The Light of The Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Flashbacks
Crying Wolf
A/N
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Poll
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lie Dying
A/N

The Dinner Party

3.4K 77 17
By General_Kenobi_FAN

Elena looked up from the journal she was reading with a shocked expression, she hadn't expected that it was Stefan that attacked the founders in the past. She looked out the window at Stefan who was on the dock and skipping stones across the lake. His phone rang, distracting him, and he answered it, hearing it was his brother Damon on the other end. 

"What's going on?" He asked and Damon's smug voice filtered through the speaker. 

"Well, I showered. I shaved. Had breakfast. Very relaxed." Damon lied as he glanced at Elijah who was listening in. 

"That makes one of us." Stefan sighed and Damon frowned for a moment, but decided to focus on the task at hand.  

"I did hear one piece of good news though. Tyler Lockwood ran away from home last night." He continued and he could almost see Stefan's brow furrow up at that. 

"How do you know?" Stefan asked and Damon looked at Elijah before answering.  

"Well, I heard it from Sheriff Forbes, who heard it from a very distracting Carol Lockwood, thus, ending our werewolf chapter, bringing us to..." Damon said, hinting to Stefan and Stefan took the bait. 

"...killing Elijah." He finished for Damon who nodded, even though Stefan couldn't see it. 

"Exactly." Damon confirmed and he could see Grumpy Stefan's eyebrows knit together in his mind. 

"Well, it's not going to be easy. He's crafty." He told Damon who scoffed at that as Elijah seemed to be proud of that. 

"Well, I've got a crafty little dagger." Damon said and Stefan sighed in that typical "annoyed with Damon" way. 

"He's an Original. We don't know what all that he encompasses." Stefan reminded his brother who rolled his eyes. 

"Oh, trust me, Stefan. I'm gonna dot all my t's. I don't want any surprises. Not where Lilibet is concerned." Damon said and Elijah nodded, approvingly. Perhaps he could persuade his siblings that Damon was an appropriate person to have around their mate. 

"Wow, Damon, tell me you're actually gonna be careful for once?" Stefan asked and Damon bristled at that, he would always be careful around Lilibet. 

"Yes, Stefan, I've become you. How tragic for both of us, especially for you because someone might mistake me for the mature one when our actual family is involved. Got to run. I've murdered to plan. Busy day." Damon snapped before hanging up and looking at Elijah. 

"He took the bait." He told Elijah even though Elijah had every bit of it. Elijah nodded before a smirk crossed his face. 

"I thought the phrase was "cross all my t's and dot all my i's." He asked, innocently and Damon made to swat at him. 

"It is. So what's the plan for the day, Mr. Armani?" Damon asked and Elijah gave him a smile. 

"Well, I am accompanying Elizabeth and her lovely Aunt Jenna on a walk around the Fell property. Then I promised to take Elizabeth out to lunch at the Grill." He answered. 

"Alright, have her back home by midnight." Damon said, giving Elijah his best shovel talk look. To his disgruntlement, Elijah didn't even look phased by it. 

"She will be back home safely, Damon, do not worry about that." Elijah assured before leaving. Damon glared after him, much to Rose's amusement as she entered the room. 

"He won't hurt her, Damon." She assured, somewhat impressed by Damon's protectiveness over Elizabeth. Damon frowned, worried about what will be done to Elizabeth out of his line of sight. 

Elizabeth walked arm-in-arm with Elijah as she and Jenna showed him around the Fell property, Jenna throwing glances full of triumph at the two of them. It was clear that her matchmaking was a success from the blush on Elizabeth's face and the intimate way they were murmuring to each other. 

"The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence." Jenna called back and she enjoyed the blush that over took both their faces as they leaned away from each other. 

"Ah, the Fells. One of the Founding Families." Elijah said, sardonically as he looked around the property and Jenna looked at him in confusion. 

"Why do you say it like that?" She asked and Elijah looked pleaded to be sharing this knowledge. 

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise." He explained and Elizabeth and Jenna both looked interested. 

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna asked and Elizabeth leaned over to Elijah. 

"Which means the ever-lauded founding families...didn't actually found anything. Sorry, darling, I know how proud your family is about it." Elijah said and Elizabeth swatted at him, playfully. 

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial." Jenna said, winking at Elizabeth who rolled her eyes, but was smiling. 

"Oh, yeah. This one was threatening Damon earlier." Elizabeth said and Elijah coughed, a bit embarrassed by that. 

"Yes, they are." He agreed and that's when Alaric joined them and Jenna didn't look pleased to see him, still upset about what Elizabeth had told her. 

"Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman." Jenna introduced and Elizabeth leaned over to Elijah again. 

"He must be in some hot water if she's introducing him as a friend rather than the boyfriend." She murmured and Elijah laughed, disguising it as a cough. 

"Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know being a history buff and all. Where to next?" Alaric lied, and all of them could see right through the lie. 

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendents of the slaves are the true keepers of American history." Elijah commented and Jenna looked a bit sheepish. 

"Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car. Just give me a sec. Sunshine, come help me with this." Jenna suggested and Elizabeth followed Jenna back to her car, leaving the two men alone. 

"Alaric Saltzman. So you're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect." Elijah commented, a flash of anger going through him as he remembered that Elizabeth had not been put on that list. If Elena wasn't necessary to kill Niklaus, he would kill her for her disrespect to his and and his brothers' beloved. 

"So is Jenna." Alaric stated, stiffly and Elijah kept a friendly expression on his face as he noticed his beloved was on her way back with Jenna and then he looked at Alaric. 

"You don't have to be jealous. I'm not interested in Jenna." Elijah said, patting Alaric on the shoulder before he walked away towards Elizabeth. 

"Right." Alaric said, wondering what he was missing here. 

Bonnie was sitting alone at a table when Jeremy walked in, saw her, and smiled. He walked over to her and sat down with her. She smiled at him when she noticed him. 

"Hey, whatcha doin'?" He asked and the smile slipped off Bonnie's face. 

"Thinking about last night." She admitted and Jeremy looked like his good mood went away. 

"Yeah, yeah. Me too." He admitted and Bonnie looked at the table. 

"It was a tough spell. I could feel it draining me. I need practice." She told him and Jeremy jumped on that.  

"Yeah, well, uh, maybe, I don't know...Maybe you should come over tonight. We can practice. Get stronger." He offered and Bonnie smiled.

"Yeah, sure. Thanks." She agreed and that's when Luka walked into the grill and Jeremy spotted him. Once Luka caught sight of them, Jeremy leaned in. 

"Ah, incoming." He warned and then Luka walked over to their table, an angry expression on his face. 

"You want to tell me what the hell happened yesterday?" He demanded and Bonnie decided to play dumb. 

"Sorry?" She asked and Luka didn't look impressed. 

"Don't play dumb. You both were here and..." Luka began and Jeremy interrupted. 

"And?" He asked, cockily and Luka glared at him.

"And that's all I remember. One minute I'm playing pool and the next I'm waking up in a bathroom stall." He snapped at them and Bonnie gave him a false assuring look. 

"Sorry, Luka, but everything seemed normal yesterday. I mean, I brought you a coffee and we played pool." She lied and Luka's face remained in its scowl. 

"See, I think you're lying." He told her and Jeremy got up and shoved Luka away from Bonnie. 

"And I think you need to back off." He threatened. Luka looked at them and left. 

Elena was still reading Jon Gilbert's journal and jumped when she heard Stefan open the door and enter the room. He took his jacket off and looked at her. 

"Are you still mad?" She asked and he gave her a look. 

"Yeah, I'm still mad." He told her and Elena stood up. 

"We have a difference of opinion, Stefan. We're not always gonna agree on everything." She told him and Stefan glared at her. 

"Elena, you've agreed to sacrifice yourself to Klaus. To say that we have a difference of opinion is the understatement of the century." Stefan snapped at her and she gave him a look. 

"You would know." She told him and he looked down at the journal, realization filling his eyes. 

"What does Johnathan Gilbert have to say?" He asked and Elena shrugged. 

"A lot. It's insane the things he wrote in his journal." She commented, handing Stefan the journal and he opened it. 

"That he kept from the founding families. Stuff that nobody knows. Stuff that...you never told me." She continued as she looked at Stefan who looked down at what she had read and closed the journal. 

"We were, uh...We were angry at the founding families for what they did to Katherine. We wanted revenge. I didn't know about Johnathan Gilbert's ring yet. I didn't know that he would...that he would survive." Stefan explained hesitantly as he sat down. 

"He describes you as a monster." Elena pointed out and Stefan looked down at the floor before looking up at her.

"That's what I was. I want you to know the truth...But I want you to hear it from me. In the weeks after I became a vampire, I relished in it. I took it to the darkest place I could." He explained. 
______________

Flashback:

Stefan was draining the blood from a woman until she died and Stefan laid back on the couch, breathing heavily. His shirt and chin were stained with blood and nearby, two women danced while another woman played the piano. Stefan got up and looked at them. 

"Who wants to die next?" He asked and the two women walked over to him 

"Me, I'm next." The first one said and the other one glared at her.  

"Me, you promised me." She told Stefan who caressed their chins and then looked over at the woman playing the piano. He walked over to her and grabbed her face in his hands. 

"What about you? You know if you don't pick up the tempo, you're going to lose your head. Snap. Snap." Stefan threatened and the woman picked up the tempo of the music she was playing. Stefan rushed back over to one of the women who were dancing again and started to drink from her. Damon entered the room and looked around in disgust at what he was seeing. 

"Company, brother?" He asked and Stefan stopped drinking to look at his older brother. 

"I brought enough to share." He offered, throwing the other girl at Damon who grabbed her, anger in his gaze. 

"Are you mad bringing them here when the entire town is hunting us?" He asked and Stefan walked over to him. 

"Damon, if you're worried about the Founding Families, please don't be. They're all dead or about to be." Stefan assured before looking back at the woman he had been drinking from. She smiled at him and he proceeded to start drinking from her neck again. Damon grabbed the face of the one that Stefan had thrown at him and forced her to look at him.  

"Leave this place. Never think of it again." He compelled before walking over to Stefan and ripping him off the other woman. 

"Same for you. Leave this place. Never think of it again." He compelled before the woman left. Stefan growled at his brother in fury. 

"Damon, don't be like this. I'm just having some fun." He whined and Damon gave him an incredulous look. 

"Staying alive is more fun, Stefan. We have to be more careful than this. More clever. Like Katherine was." Damon reminded his brother who glared at him. 

"Look where that got her." Stefan said, knowing that it would be a low blow to his grieving brother. Damon's jaw snapped shut and hurt filled his eyes before he glanced around at the bloodied areas before he looked back at Stefan. 

"I'm done here. With you. I'm leaving town." Damon finally said before he walked past Stefan. It dawned on Stefan that he had finally pushed Damon too far and he rushed in front of Damon and grabbed his shoulders.  

"You hate me. I know. I know. An eternity of misery and on and on. I know, but you don't have to leave town. Damon, I'll do better. I promise." Stefan pleaded, but Damon didn't look moved. 

"No, you will get us killed. I'd rather leave you to do that to yourself." He told Stefan who looked devastated by this. Damon pushed Stefan off him and walked out of the house. 

______________

"I wasn't myself then. I was full of guilt. What I did to my father, to my brother. I had to turn it off. It was the only way I could survive." Stefan finished and Elena looked surprised. 

"It sounds like you were Damon." She commented and Stefan shook his head. 

"I was worse." He corrected. 

Alaric, Damon and Rose were at a table, listening to Alaric complain about Elijah and Damon was really wishing he could rip that ring off and then rip Alaric's vocal cords out. 

"Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?" He asked and Alaric looked even more upset. 

"No, it was boring. Of course, Jenna and Elizabeth think he's charming." Alaric grumbled and Damon felt a mix of protective and amused.

"You sounded jealous. Sound a bit jealous?" Damon said before looking at Rose who nodded. 

"Kinda do." She agreed and Alaric looked around suspiciously before looking at Damon again. 

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here." He suggested, his eyes darting to Rose and Damon rolled his eyes. 

"Rose is a vampire, Alaric, and an old one at that." He told his human friend. 

"Uh-huh." Rose said before she and Damon kissed. 

"Mmm. My lips are sealed." Rose agreed and Alaric stared at them in disgust. 

"This is too weird." He commented and Damon looked at him. 

"I just need the right opportunity." He said before he saw Elizabeth, Jenna, and Elijah walk into the grill. 

"Ah, there's Jenna with Elizabeth and her new boyfriend. Hi." Damon teased before greeting them as they walked up to the table. 

"Hey, guys." Jenna greeted and Damon stood up to greet Elizabeth with a kiss on the cheek. 

"Is your new boyfriend aware that I could make it look like an accident and I could make it where they never find his body?" Damon asked and Elijah looked amused.

"I was sufficiently warned about your protectiveness over Elizabeth." Elijah said and Damon frowned at now unafraid Elijah looked. 

"So I hear you two had quite a meeting of historical minds today." He said after he moved back. 

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." Jenna said, looking amused by what was clearly Damon's attempt to intimidate Elijah. 

"Well, as much as I'd like to continue this, I've got papers to grade." Alaric said as he put some money down and got up from the table. 

"No, you know what? We should continue this. Let's have a dinner party." Rose suggested and everyone glanced at her. 

"Ooh, my girl. Full of good ideas. I'll be happy to host. Say tonight. Maybe?" Damon agreed before looking at all of them.  

"It's good for me. Jenna? Lily?" Rose asked and Elizabeth nodded. 

"I don't know if tonight works..." Alaric began and Jenna interrupted him. 

"Yeah, I'm free." Jenna agreed and Elijah glanced at Elizabeth with a soft expression. 

"It'd be a pleasure." Elijah finally agreed. 

"Great." Damon said, narrowing his eyes at the look Elijah shared with Elizabeth. 

Katherine's body had desiccated when Elizabeth and Damon went to see her in the tomb. They exchanged looks of mischief and Damon waved a bottle of blood under her nose and then poured some in her mouth. She finally started to drink and Damon looked satisfied. 

"Great. Drink up. Good girl." Damon cooed mockingly as Katherine took the bottle out of his hands and continued to drink. Damon got up and he and Elizabeth eyed her.

"Lilibet and I've come bearing gifts. We didn't have time to properly shop, but we did get a couple of things. Hmm?" Damon asked, his tone full of malice as he hung up some clothes on the iron grating for Katherine who looked normal again and crushed the water bottle in her hands. At the sound of the plastic breaking, both Elizabeth and Damon looked her down. 

"Wow, that blood did the trick. You're almost pretty again." Damon said and Katherine glared at him. 

"Don't let Lexi hear that." Elizabeth muttered to herself and Damon swatted at her without looking. 

"What is it you want, Damon?" Katherine asked and Damon gave her a false look of confusion. 

"Guess who's back in town? Your old friend, John Gilbert." He said and Katherine hid her knowledge of this. 

"Really. Why?" She asked and Damon shrugged. 

"Says he loves his daughter and niece, wants to protect them from Elijah and big, bad Klaus." Damon commented and Katherine rolled her eyes. 

"Touching." She snarked as she pulled herself up from the ground and made her way over to the clothes. 

"Yeah, right. He told me this old wives tale about how to kill an Original." Damon told her. 

"And you want to know if it's true. If it was, I wouldn't tell you." Katherine told him as she pulled the jacket Damon and Elizabeth brought off the hanger. 

"Now, why not? I mean, you want Elijah and Klaus dead as much as I do." Damon lied, he didn't really want Elijah dead, Klaus was a whole other store. 

"Klaus, yes. Elijah, no. He's compelled me to stay in here. If he dies, I'm stuck forever." Katherine said, but Elizabeth didn't grow up with Elena for nothing and Katherine had the same tells as Elena. 

"Sucks for you." Damon said, not really caring. This woman had ruined his and his brother's lives so he could care less about what happened to her. 

"Forget it, Damon. Killing Elijah would be a suicide mission. You can't do it." Katherine said, hiding her panic as she knew that Damon wouldn't drop this.

"Can so." He snarked. 

"Can't." Katherine insisted and Damon pulled out his trump card. 

"Even with a dagger and a little white oak ash?" He asked and Katherine turned and looked at him with an expression of surprise. 

"No. Damon, if you kill Elijah, then I'm stuck in here forever." She told him and Damon was surprised to see genuine fear in her. 

"You're really scared." He noticed and Katherine nodded. 

"Just get me out of here first and then I'll help you. I'll...I'll help you kill Elijah or...or protect Elizabeth. Whatever you want." Katherine promised and neither Elizabeth or Damon looked like they believed her. 

"I get you out of here and your ass is sipping Klaus-free margaritas on some unknown island somewhere. No way." Damon disagreed and Katherine shook her head. 

"That's not true. I'll stay. Damon, please just don't do it." Katherine pleaded and Damon and Elizabeth moved to leave. 

"Well, thank you, you've told me everything I need to know." He thanked and Katherine looked at them confused. 

"I've told you and Goldilocks nothing." Katherine said and Damon shook his head. 

"You have. You have indeed confirmed that it is possible to kill an Original, which I will do tonight. Guess who's coming to dinner?" Damon asked, rhetorically. 

Elena was leaning against the back door, looking out at the lake when Stefan walked up to her and handed her a mug of tea. 

"For weeks I kept spiraling. I was completely driven by the desire for blood. Hunt, prey, kill. That was all I knew." Stefan continued his story and Elena looked at him in confusion. 

"How come no one caught on to what you were doing?" She asked and Stefan looked regretful. 

"Mmm. There was a war going on. The thing about wartime. Endless, anonymous blood supply." He admitted, grimly as he thought about it. 

______________

Flashback:

There was a camp set up for the sick and injured Civil War soldiers. Nearby, Stefan was drinking the blood from a man who appears to be already dead. When he was finished, he looked up and saw a female hooded figure feeding a bowl of soup to another injured man. He thought about it and decided that the warm blood of a living person would be better so when the hooded figure stood up and walked away into the woods, Stefan followed her.

The hooded person stopped and Stefan rushed away, wondering she had sensed him or heard him. She looked behind herself, but didn't see anyone. Stefan started rushing around her and eventually fell down on top of her, but she was too quick and caught Stefan, pinning him to the floor. The hooded figure ended up being Lexi, her face vamped out as she looked down at Stefan. 

"What kind of an idiot are you?" She asked him, furiously. 

______________

"Alexia Branson, as she was known back then." Stefan informed Elena who looked shocked. 

"Lexi? Your former best friend Lexi? That's how you met her? What was she even doing in Mystic Falls?" Elena asked and Stefan shrugged, wincing internally at the former part. 

"She had heard it was a good place for vampires. You know, had no idea that they'd all been massacred. Needed a place to crash, so I brought her home with me." He explained. 

______________

Flashback:

Lexi and Stefan entered the Salvatore house and Lexi glanced at Stefan. 

"I'd say it isn't necessary to take me in, but you did try to eat me and well, with dawn coming, beggars can't be choosers." Lexi commented as she looked in the parlor room and saw the dead bodies lying on the floor. 

"Or should they be?" She asked, wrinkling her nose up and Stefan felt a bit embarrassed. 

"I, um...I meant to dispose of those." He admitted, sheepishly and Lexi looked at one of the bodies and it occured to her. 

"My God, you're a ripper." She gasped and he looked at her in confusion. 

"A what?" He asked and she gave him a sympathetic look. 

"There are good parts of being a vampire and there are bad parts. You're the bad parts. Well...we're going to have to change that." She told him. 

______________

"Are you okay?" Elena asked, concerned when she saw the tears in Stefan's eyes. 

"Talking about her brings up things that I'd rather forget." He admitted and Elena looked understanding. 

"Like her taking Damon's side?" She asked, remembering how Lexi hadn't been too supportive of their relationship and how she had sided with Damon when it came to Elizabeth. 

Jenna, Elizabeth, and Rose were preparing the table for the dinner party and Rose looked at Jenna. 

"So what's going on with you and Alaric? I feel like there's some tension." Rose began awkwardly as she hadn't really had girl talk since she was human. 

"Yeah, she introduced him as her friend, not her boyfriend. You know that means he's in hot water." Elizabeth agreed and Jenna sighed. 

"I don't know. I really like him. It's more than like and I want it to work, but I can't help but feel that he's hiding something from me. And then I've got John whispering things in my ear about him." Jenna admitted and Elizabeth made a face. 

"Like what?" Rose asked and Jenna glanced at Elizabeth. Even if she trusted Rose, she couldn't risk Alaric overhearing any part of their plan. 

"Things I don't want to believe. Things I don't believe, not if they're coming from John's mouth." She told Rose who frowned. 

"Oh. Well, there you go, then. Trust is the key to any relationship. I mean, I am so grateful that Damon tells me everything." She said and Elizabeth turned to look at Rose in confusion.  

"Since when are you and Damon a thing?" She asked while Damon and Alaric where in the library.

"This is a bad idea." Alaric griped and Damon rolled his eyes. 

"There's no such thing as a bad idea. Just poorly executed awesome ones. Here." Damon corrected before offering Alaric a glass of scotch and Alaric refused it. 

"No. I don't like the idea of Elijah being in the same house with Jenna." Alaric insisted and Damon scoffed. 

"Jenna's perfectly safe. Besides, it's just a fact-finding mission. It's totally harmless." Damon insisted and Alaric started to relax. 

"Just a fact-finding mission?" He asked and Damon nodded. 

"Yeah." He agreed, lying through his teeth. They would only temporarily kill Elijah and then Elijah would lie low for a bit. 

"Listen, no sneak attacks. No surprise plans. Nothing that's gonna put Jenna in harm's way. Okay?" Alaric asked and Damon made a face at the lack of concern towards Rose and Lilibet. Neither one of them stood a chance against Elijah and neither did he. 

"Scout's honor." He said, putting his hand on Alaric's shoulder and Alaric still looked suspicious as Elizabeth walked in. 

"Hey, Jenna needs help with the wine." Elizabeth commented and Damon looked at Alaric with a smile before patting his arm before Alaric walked up the stairs.

"Thanks." Elizabeth said and Alaric nodded. 

"Yeah." He said before leaving the room and closing the door. Elizabeth and Damon waited until neither one could hear him and Damon walked over to a small trunk and opened it, revealing the silver dagger and white oak ash. He pulled them out as Elizabeth walked over to him. 

"What's that?" She asked and Damon beckoned her closer. 

"John brought this by after we rescued Caroline from the werewolves. It supposedly kills your suit-wearing boyfriend." Damon explained as he dipped the dagger into the ash. 

"Why are you going to kill him?" Elizabeth asked and Damon gave her a gentle look. 

"Relax, Lilibet. It's part of mine and Elijah's plan. He's in on it and I'm only going to pretend to dagger him." He assured and Elizabeth relaxed. 

"Elijah's stronger than me. Faster than me. They all know that. It's all about the element of surprise." He mused and Elizabeth made a face. 

"Ah, it's too bad. I like him and he looks so edible in a suit. If he were human, I'd be trying to drink his blood." Elizabeth admitted, blushing a little and Damon looked amused. 

"On the subject of liking him, hint to him that you'd be interested in showing him some Salvatore family history that's in the library." Damon suggested, winking at his baby cousin who scowled at him. Damon placed the dagger with the glasses and scotch, which hid it from view. 

"So I'm supposed to heavily imply for Elijah and I to start necking in the library?" Elizabeth asked, hiding the shiver of delight that went through her at the idea. 

"I swear that I'll rip his lips off if he tries anything without asking me first. None of your mates have asked me my permission." Damon said and Elizabeth snorted in laughter. 

Upstairs, the doorbell rang and Jenna hurried to answer the door, scowling when she saw who was standing on the porch. John was outside on the porch and walked into the house and Damon walked out of the library and into the front hall, stopping when he saw John there. Elizabeth also froze when she saw John was there. 

"Who invited him?" Jenna asked, looking at Elizabeth and Damon, both of whom looked pissed at the sight of John. 

"John. Surprise. Leave." Damon ordered, but John looked smugly at them. 

"When Jenna told me she was coming to a dinner party for Elijah, I decided I couldn't miss out on all the fun and games." John said and then Alaric walked in, causing John and Damon to look at him. 

"There are not going to be any games tonight, John. It's just a friendly dinner party." Alaric said and then John looked back at Damon. 

"What he said." Damon said, smirking at Damon. 

Jeremy opened the front door for Bonnie who smiled at him when she saw it was him. 

"Hey." Jeremy smiled at her and let her in. 

"Hey." Bonnie said as Jeremy took her bag. 

"Thanks. That thing weighs a ton. I'm starving. You guys have any...food?" Bonnie chatted as she stopped in front of the living room. There were candles lit and placed all over the room and she looked nervous. 

"Oh, God. Heh! This is a date." She said, blushing and then Jeremy walked into the room and stood in front of her. 

"No, no it's not like a "date" date. It's more of a hey, I kissed you, and I thought you liked it, um...hang thing." Jeremy corrected and Bonnie sighed. 

"Jeremy, I need to make sure Elizabeth or Elena are cool with us before anything else happens." She told him and he turned away to put her stuff on the couch. 

"I didn't realize my sisters had approval over who I'm with." He said, bitterly and Bonnie sighed again. 

"Elena's my best friend. I tell her everything and this whole hang thing might freak her out. Elizabeth is scarily protective over you when it comes to dating and I'd rather not due by her hands." Bonnie reminded him. 

"All right, all right, so we'll, um...We'll hang out, eat some food, work on some spells. It's not a big deal. But you did...You did like it, right?" Jeremy said, before checking with Bonnie on the kiss. 

"Yeah. I liked it." She admitted, smiling. 

Damon opens the door to see Elijah standing outside, wearing a nice suit. 

"Good evening." Elijah greeted, cordially and Damon gave him a half smile. 

"Thank you for coming. Please, come in." He said, gesturing for Elijah to enter. 

"Just one moment. We must continue the charade." Elijah reminded Damon who nodded and then Elijah spoke again, this time louder.

"Can I just say that if you have less than honorable intentions about how this evening is going to proceed, I suggest you reconsider." Elijah said, in case someone was listening in.

"No, nothing, nothing dishonorable. Just getting to know you." Damon said and Elijah hummed. 

"Hmm. Well, that's good." He said as he entered the house and then was clearly listening for Alaric and John. 

"Because, you know, although Elena and I have this deal, if you so much as make a move to cross me, I'll kill you and I'll kill everyone in this house. Are we clear?" Elijah threatened, loud enough for Alaric and John to hear. 

"Crystal." Damon agreed, knowing what that was for. Elijah spotted Jenna, smiled, and made his way over to her. 

"Jenna. Wonderful to see you again. How are you??" Elijah asked politely and Jenna gave him a warm smile. 

"Nice to see you." She greeted, and that's when Elizabeth entered the room and Elijah moved from Jenna to her with almost reverence in his eyes. 

"Elskan, you look incredible." He said, before grabbing her hand and kissing it, keeping his gaze on her. 

"Thank you." Elizabeth murmured, as she looked Elijah over in his suit and Trevor's words about the Originals devotion to her floated back up. Damon shut the front door and he walked over and quickly separated the two, much to Elijah's disappointment. 

Later Damon, Rose, Elijah, Elizabeth, Jenna, John, and Alaric all sat around the table and Jenna poured some wine for Damon. 

"I hate to break it to you, Damon, but according to Elijah, your and Elizabeth's family is so not a founder of this town." Jenna commented and Damon looked up at that. 

"Hmm, do tell." He said and Elijah looked pleased to show off a bit in front of Elizabeth. 

"Well, as I mentioned to Elizabeth and Jenna earlier, a faction of settlers migrated from Salem after the witch trials in the 1690s. Over the next hundred years they developed this community where they could feel safe from persecution." Elijah informed them and Damon stole a glance at Elizabeth who was eyeing Elijah's neck with interest. Damon knew he'd have to ask Lexi or Rose if Elizabeth's growing urge to bite Elijah was normal or was it a result of her youth as a vampire. 

"Hmm. Because they were witches." Jenna said after a few seconds of wondering what Elizabeth was doing. 

"Yeah, but there's no tangible proof there were witches in Salem." Elizabeth said, realizing that everyone was looking at her.

"Lilibet's a member of the historical society. Big on facts." Damon told Elijah who was looking at Elizabeth with curiosity. He didn't want to ask Elijah because he knew it would embarrass Elizabeth. 

"Well, the lore says that there was this wave of anti-witch hysteria. It broke out in the neighboring settlement, so these witches were rounded up. They were tied to stakes in a field together and, uh, burned. Some say you could hear the screams from miles around us. They were consumed by the fire. Could you pass the salt, sweetheart?" Elijah asked, and Elizabeth handed it to him with a red tint to her cheeks. 

"I wouldn't repeat this to the Historical Society." Jenna replied, smirking at the sparks she noticed between them. 

"It's starting to sound a little like a ghost story to me." John commented and they all eyed him with thinly veiled loathing. 

"So, why do you want to know the location of these alleged massacres?" Damon asked and Elijah jumped a little bit. 

"You know...a healthy historian's curiosity, of course." He said, smiling at Damon with an innocent gleam in his eyes.  

"Of course." Damon agreed, giving him a knowing look. 

Elena was again sitting on the couch reading another of Johnathan Gilbert's journals when Stefan walked in the house and over to her. 

"Johnathan Gilbert got crazier and crazier. I guess that's what happens when you spend your life obsessed with vampires." Elena told him, smiling. She put the current journal down and picked up another one to read, as she did, her brow furrowed. 

"He researched the Originals." She said to Stefan who looked stunned. 

"You're kidding." He said, walking over to the couch and sitting down next to Elena. 

"Later in life, look." She pointed out, showing him the journal. 

"Pages and pages of questions and scribbles." Elena said as he looked it over. Elena flipped through the pages and eventually stopped on one, a picture of a silver dagger had been drawn on it. 

"What's that?" She asked and her and Stefan exchanged glances. She looked back down and started to read aloud. 

""The wood from one tree and one tree alone, an ancient white oak would bring death to an Original vampire. When the tree burned, all hope was thought lost." He was trying to figure out how to kill an Original." Elena realized as she read. She looked up at Stefan who had lost color in his skin, but went back to reading out loud. 

""But the ash from the tree was saved and witches forged a dagger to which the ash could be bonded. This alchemic bond provides the necessary poison"." She continued and then Stefan got up and stood in front of her. 

"Elena..." He said, but she ignored him in favor of musing on it. 

"I wonder if this is true. I mean, do you think this dagger actually exists?" She asked and he finally came clean. 

"I know it does..." Stefan admitted and Elena looked up at him in shock.

"Because John gave it to Damon." He continued and Elena looked horrified. 

"John gave Damon the weapon that's supposed to kill Elijah? This one?" She asked, pointing at the dagger on the page and Stefan nodded. She started to read aloud again. 

""It must be brandished by humans alone, for it will bring death to all demons who wield it"." She read and Stefan grabbed the journal and looked at it, verifying what Elena had read. He quickly pulled his phone out and dialed Damon. 

"John's trying to get Damon killed." He told a horrified Elena. 

______________

"Would anyone care for some cognac? I have a bottle that I've been saving for ages." Damon offered as he got up from the table.

"None for me thanks. Nine bottles of wine is my limit." Alaric declined. 

Damon didn't answer his phone and Stefan was starting to get frustrated. 

"Why is your phone off? Call me." Stefan said, frustrated and Elena looked up at him. 

"What's going on, Stefan?" She asked and Stefan sighed. 

"Damon is planning on killing Elijah. Tonight." He admitted. 

______________

The others started to get up and Damon looks at Elizabeth who sighed, feeling nervous about her control over her bloodlust. 

"Elijah, would you like to see some of mine and Damon's family history? We've got information dating back to the 17th century, if your interested." Elizabeth offered and Elijah looked at her. 

"Would it be just be you and me, Elizabeth?" Elijah asked and Damon choked on his drink at that bit. 

"No, no boys allowed alone with my baby cousin. I'll be going with you two." Damon insisted and Elizabeth rolled her eyes. Jenna then handed some plates to John with a snarky expression. 

"Here you are, gentleman, make yourself useful. Hmm?" Jenna hinted and John took the plates and walked off. Alaric came up behind Jenna as Damon led Elijah into the library. 

"Here, here. Put me to work." Alaric requested and Jenna gave him a dirty look.

"Um, I got it." She insisted before picking up the plates and starting to walk out of the room when Alaric stopped her. 

"Hey, Jenna, are you...are you okay?" He asked and she rolled her eyes. 

"Yeah, fine, Ric." She snapped before leaving the room. John looked at Alaric as he walked back in and made his way over to him. 

"I suspect this is my fault." He admitted and Alaric looked annoyed. 

"What did you do now?" He asked, irritated and that's when John answered. 

"I merely mentioned that you haven't been completely honest with her about your dead wife." He told Alaric, hiding that most of the information about this to Jenna had come from Elizabeth. 

"You son of a bitch!" Alaric cursed, grabbing John by his shirt collar, but John grabbed his wrists and pulled his hands off of him. 

"I think I've been very clear with you, Ric. I want my ring back." John taunted before walking out of the room. Alaric glared at him as he left and then his phone began to ring. He answered it, covering his other ear to listen. 

"Hello. Slow down. Slow down. Stefan?" He asked and Damon was seated with Elijah and Elizabeth in the library.

"So, let me guess. In addition to the moonstone, the doppelgänger, the lion, the witch and the wardrobe, you need to find this witch burial ground." Damon snarked and Elijah smiled. 

"Because I feel as though we've grown so close, Damon, I'll tell you yes. Do you know where it is?" Elijah told him and Damon sighed. 

"Maybe. Tell me why it's so important." Damon requested as he handed Elijah a glass of scotch and he took it. 

"We're not that close." Elijah commented before turning around and looking around at the books. 

"It's quite a collection you have here." He said as he looked around and Damon hummed. 

"Hmm." He murmured and he noticed that Elizabeth had moved to stand next to Elijah. Damon knew something was wrong and then when Elizabeth began to play with Elijah's shirt collar and her face vamped out, Damon moved quickly and pulled her back before she could bite him. 

"It's a funny thing about books. Before they existed, people actually had memories." Elijah commented and then Alaric and Rose burst in and Elizabeth quickly composed herself. 

"Gentlemen, lady, we forgot about dessert." Alaric said and Elizabeth nodded before looking at Elijah. 

"Elijah." She said, holding a hand out to Elijah. 

"Elizabeth, sweetheart." He said, handing his glass to Damon who took it and drained it. Elijah took Elizabeth's hand and twirled her before they walked out of the room together. As soon as they left, Damon smacked Alaric angrily and then Alaric pointed at the dagger on the tray. Damon knew what he was referring to, but pretended not to. 

Alaric walked over to a desk and wrote something down a piece of paper before he handed it to Damon who read it. He could clearly read what it said, "The dagger will kill you if you use it". Damon knew that, but kept in character by throwing the paper at Alaric and they walked out of the room together. 

Back in the dining room, Jenna poured coffee into a cup for John, and Elizabeth found herself hoping Jenna spat in the coffee as she and Elijah entered the room. 

"Sorry, guys, dessert is taking longer than I thought. I usually just unwrap food." Jenna admitted. 

"That or burn it." Elizabeth teased her aunt and Elijah coughed, trying to disguise his laugh. Jenna left the room and Elizabeth looked at Elijah from under her eyelashes. 

"So...I know this is a social thing, but I...I would really love to ask you some more questions about the work that you're doing here." Elizabeth said and Elijah smiled at her. 

"I'd love to answer." He told her and Elizabeth looked pleased. 

"Great, that's so great." She said as Damon and Alaric entered the room. Damon sat down and glared across the table at John. 

"Ric, would you do me a favor and grab the notebook out of my bag?" Elizabeth asked and Alaric walked over to her bag. Elizabeth leaned into Elijah, scenting the spice of his cologne and what she could tell was the scent of his blood, causing her bloodlust to spike. She didn't know what was coming over her since she had good control the rest of the time. 

"Elijah, did John tell you he's Elena's uncle-slash-father?" Damon asked and Elijah looked amused by this. 

"Yes, I'm well aware of that." He admitted, remembering what Elizabeth had told him about her family.

"Of course, she hates him, so there's absolutely no need to keep him on the endangered species list." Damon said, smirking triumphantly at John. 

"No Ric, it's in the front pocket. On the...you know what? Excuse me, guys. Sorry." Elizabeth sighed and she got up to help Ric find her notebook. 

"What I'd like to know, Elijah, is how do you intend on killing Klaus?" Alaric asked and Elijah didn't appreciate the prying into his family life. 

"Gentlemen, there's a few things we should probably get clear right now. I allow you to live solely to keep an eye on Elizabeth and Elena. I allow Elena to remain in her house living her life with her friends as she does as a courtesy. If you become a liability, I'll take her away from you and you'll never see her again." Elijah threatened, conscious of the fact that he would never force Elizabeth to do anything she didn't want to do. Elizabeth walked back over and sat next to Elijah. 

"Okay. My first question is when you got here to Mystic..." Elizabeth started and then Alaric came up behind Elijah and stabbed the dagger through his heart. Elijah shouted in pain and died and Elizabeth screamed as well, not expecting it to actually happen. Alaric pulled the dagger out and put it on the table before looking at Damon. 

"Now, get rid of him before Jenna comes back with dessert." He ordered and Damon nodded in agreement.

"All right." He agreed. 

______________

Elena was standing outside on the balcony when Stefan walked out and over to her. She didn't look happy and Stefan knew why. 

"Elena, we need to talk about this." He pleaded and Elena shook her head. 

"What good is talking if you and Damon are just gonna lie to me? If you don't like my decisions, that's fine. There's nothing I can do about that but if you ever go behind my back again, I'll..." She started to threaten and Stefan didn't look impressed. 

"You're gonna what? Hmm? What are you gonna do, Elena? Damon was very clear he was doing this for Elizabeth, not you." He asked and Elena knew she wouldn't get anywhere and swapped tactics. 

"It's my life." She insisted and Stefan sighed. 

"Yeah, exactly. It's your life and I'm gonna do everything I can to make sure that you live it." He told her and Elena looked at him. 

"Then what? This...this...this trip through the past. You being honest. Was there any truth to that or were you just distracting me?" She accused. 

"I was telling you about a time when I thought that everything was lost. When I had given up because that is exactly what you're doing right now." Stefan told her and she glared at him. 

"That is not what..." She started and Stefan interrupted her. 

"Yes, it is! Even if you don't want to admit it. You are giving up...and Lexi? She wouldn't let me give up. I'm not gonna let you." He insisted. 

______________

Flashback:

Stefan and Lexi walked through the camp filled with injured and dead soldiers.

"All of these men are dead or dying. What does that make you feel?" She asked him and Stefan shrugged. 

"Nothing. I feel nothing." He answered and Lexi sighed. 

"Because you shut out the part of you that was human. The part that lets you feel." She informed him and he gave her a sardonic look. 

"Is that not the point?" He asked and Lexi shook her head. 

"Well, there is a better way. You simply have to want it." She told him and he glanced at her with some curiosity. 

"Is it better?" He asked and Lexi looked thoughtful. 

"Not at first. You can't choose what you feel. You have to let it all back in. The pain and the look in their eyes when you took their life. The cries of their loved ones." She told him and Stefan scoffed. 

"Why would I want to do that? Hmm?" He asked and Lexi have him a soft look. 

"Because once you can hurt, you can love. Love, Stefan. That's the point. Everything is intensified when you're a vampire. When we hurt, we really hurt. But when we love..." She said, smiling at him. 

______________

"Lexi showed me that there was another way. And from that day forward, I started fighting for it. For my own survival." He told Elena as he put his hand on her cheek. 

"That's all I want you to do. I just want you to fight for it." He continued before kissing her on the forehead and then leaned his forehead against hers for a second. He walked back into the house, leaving Elena standing outside. 

______________

Alaric and Damon have moved Elijah's body down to the cellar, Damon was hoping that Alaric would leave before Elijah woke up. 

"You said there wasn't going to be any violence." Alaric accused and Damon gave him a dirty look. 

"Says the guy that did all the killing." He reminded Alaric as Damon started to walk out, but Alaric grabbed him. 

"Hey, I took the shot because I saw an opening, not because I planned to do this with Jenna in the house. Now, you can't lie to me like that." Alaric snapped and Damon got free and tried to leave again, but Alaric grabbed him again. 

"Hey, I am your friend, damn it. And you don't have any friends. So, no more lying." Alaric snapped and Damon rolled his eyes, but nodded and left. Alaric glanced down at Elijah's body, walked out, and closed the cell door behind him. 

Elena was sitting on the couch, still reading Jon's journals. Stefan walked down the stairs and into the room. She looked up, hopefully. 

"Elijah's dead. Alaric did it." He informed her as he sat down on the couch next to her. 

"Originals believed in truth and honor. It was forbidden for a vampire to kill another vampire. So, the dagger would take both lives. And as long as the dagger stays in place, the Original, for all intents and purposes, is dead." Elena told him and Stefan rushed to his phone and called Alaric. 

______________

Alaric rushed to the cellar and sees that Elijah has gone.

"He's gone, he might be coming to you." Alaric warned Stefan. 

Bonnie was doing a spell, there were candles placed between her and Jeremy. She closed her eyes and the candles went out. She opened her eyes and hands, the flames are now in her palms. She closed her hands and the candles are relit. 

"Now that is cool. How does it work?" Jeremy asked, impressed and Bonnie smiled at him. 

"It's called channeling. Siphoning power from something...another witch...the Moon, an element." Bonnie explained and Jeremy nodded. 

"So, technically, you could channel me." He said and she stilldd at that. 

"What?" She asked and Jeremy fumbled a bit. 

"Well, I'm an element, sort of. I mean, isn't...isn't the human body mostly water?" He tried and Bonnie nodded thoughtfully. 

"You're right. Let's...see what happens." She agreed and they moved closer together with Bonnie placing her hands on Jeremy's chest and they smiled at each other. Suddenly the door burst open and Jonas walked in, causing them both to stand up. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" Jeremy demanded and Jonas threw Jeremy against the wall with a wave of his hand. 

"Jeremy!" Bonnie cried and Jonas walked towards her. 

"What did my son tell you? What did he tell you?" Jonas shouted and Bonnie backed away. 

"He told me about your daughter. I know Klaus has her and I want to help you get her back. But I want us to work together. Please." Bonnie pleaded, moving back, but Jonas surged forward and grabbed her face. 

"This is for your own good." He said before he started to chant a spell. 

"Phasmatos Tribum, Exum Sue, Redem Su Pas Quo." He chanted and Bonnie thrashed, trying to get away from him. 

"No! No. No!" She screamed as she tried to release herself from his grip, but couldn't. He finally lowered Bonnie to the floor and released her from his grip as Bonnie started to cry. 

"If any harm comes to my son because of what you did, you will answer to me." Jonas warned before walking out of the house and with a wave of his hand, the door slammed behind him. Jeremy fell down from the wall, having been released by Jonas, and he rushed to Bonnie and gently held her. 

"You okay? It's okay. What happened?" He asked as he caressed her face in his hands as she looked up at him. 

"He took my powers." She admitted, tearfully and Jeremy pulled her close to him and held her. 

Elijah walked up to the house before he kneeled down and grabbed some rocks. Elena started to walk towards the front door, but Stefan grabbed her by the arm. Elijah had gotten up outside and tossed the rocks from hand to hand, which Stefan could hear him. 

"He's here." He muttered to Elena right before Elijah threw the rocks at the door, breaking it off it's hinges. Elena turned to Stefan.

"You have to go. I need to talk to him alone." Elena told him and Stefan shook her head.

"Elena..." He began and Elena smiled at him. 

"Stefan, I'm okay. He can't come in the house." She assured and then Elijah walked closer towards the house. 

"You know, I might not be able to enter this house...But I'm a very patient man. I'll wait you out." Elijah warned them and Elena slowly walked out from behind the wall. Stefan stayed hidden there as she walked towards the front of the door, but stayed inside the house. 

"They shouldn't have done what they did." Elena said and Elijah gave her an angry look, but kept his face impassive. 

"The deal is off." He told her, he and Damon had planned to mock kill him, but for Alaric to actually did it had him believing that Stefan and Elena had planned this. 

"I'm renegotiating." Elena insisted and Elijah gave her a mocking smile. 

"You have nothing left to negotiate with." He informed her and there was a moment's silence then Elena pulled out a knife, much to Elijah's amusement. 

"I'd like to see you lure Klaus into Mystic Falls after the doppelgänger bleeds to death." Elena tried and Elijah shook his head. 

"Stefan won't let you die." He reminded her and Elena had to acknowledge that he was right about that. 

"No, he won't. He'll feed me his blood to heal me, and then I'll kill myself and become a vampire, just like Katherine did. So unless you want that to happen again, promise me the same as before...promise me...You won't harm anyone that I love. Even if they've harmed you." Elena blackmailed and Elijah looked a little worried that she would do that, but figured she was more selfish than that. 

"I'm sorry, Elena. I'm going to have to call your bluff." Elijah told her and Elena breathed out, and pointed the knife at her stomach. Elijah watched, unsure of what she would, as Elena looked up at him and then stabbed herself in the stomach. She screamed in pain and fell to the floor as the knife clattered to the floor and blood gushed everywhere. Elijah rushed towards the door, but stopped at the threshold because he had not been invited in. Elijah watched her with horror in his gaze. 

"No!" Elijah shouted as she tried to stand up and kept her gaze locked on him. 

"Yes. Yes, you can have your deal. Let me heal you." Elijah requested, needing her alive for the ritual. 

"Give me your word!" Elena shouted at him and finally Elijah sighed. 

"I give you my word." He finally said and Elena limped outside and into Elijah's arms. Suddenly she stabbed him with the silver dagger and Elijah gasped and then coughed as he died, his lady thoughts, hoping that Elizabeth wouldn't think he had left her. His body dropped onto the porch as Elena fell to the ground as well, weak from blood loss. Stefan rushed out of the house, bit his wrist, and fed Elena his blood. He placed his chin on her head as she pulled her mouth off his wrist when her stab wound healed. Alaric walked out and stood in the doorway as Stefan cradled Elena and they both looked at Alaric. 

"Little tip. Don't pull the dagger out." Alaric sighed. 

Alaric walked into the kitchen after he got back from the lake house and Jenna was in there getting a bottle of water. 

"Where did John disappear to?" He asked and Jenna gave him a dirty look. 

"Maybe the same place the rest of the dinner party ran off to." She snarked and Alaric looked embarrassed. 

"Look, Jenna, I'm, uh...I'm so sorry tonight was..." He tried to apologize, but was interrupted. 

"What happened to Isobel?" She asked and he stammered. 

"You know, John should have never brought that up." Alaric tried and Jenna scoffed. 

"That's not an answer." She said and Alaric gave her a pleading look. 

"He's just trying to stir up trouble." He said and Jenna shook her head. 

"That's not an answer, either." She told him and Alaric sighed. 

"I can't talk about this, Jenna." He tried again and Jenna finally slammed her water bottle down. 

"I keep thinking that maybe it's me. Maybe I'm reading into things. I should trust you. That's what a relationship is about, right? But then I think that maybe John and Elizabeth are right and maybe you're not being honest with me. So...are you being honest?" Jenna interrogated and Alaric pursed his lips together and didn't respond. Tears started to fall from Jenna's eyes, but she composed herself and took a deep breath. 

"Right, okay. Well, that was an answer." She said before walking out of the kitchen. John entered behind Alaric with a smug look on his face. 

"Well, that was awkward." He commented and Alaric turned around with a furious expression as he looked at John. 

"You know, I can clear all this stuff up about Isobel tomorrow, if you want. Or not." John hinted and Alaric took the ring off his finger and placed it on the table. 

"You want it? Take it. It's yours. And after what you did to Damon..." Alaric said, smirking at the end as he imagined what Damon would do to John Gilbert. 

"You're gonna need it more than me." He commented before walking out of the room, leaving a stunned John behind. 

Damon and Stefan carried Elijah's body down into the cellar, Elena was standing with them. Stefan wrapped his arm around her as Damon knelt down and searched through Elijah's jacket.

"Uhh! What do we have here?" He asked as he pulled out the moonstone

"A little moonstone bar of soap. I'll hold on to this." Damon said as he put it in his pants pocket. 

"So, that's it. I mean, as long as we keep the dagger in there, then he stays dead." Elena wondered and Damon winced, he knew he'd have to keep Elijah daggered for a little bit, wait, and then decide that Elijah was the lesser of the two evils. 

"Pretty much." He confirmed and Elena nodded, looking somewhat relieved. 

"Okay, then...Good night." She said as she started to walk out, but turned back around to look at them. 

"You know, you guys want me to fight, fine, I'll fight. But if we're gonna do this, you can't keep anything from me anymore. From this moment on, we're doing it my way." Elena ordered and Damon laughed. 

"No, you and Stefan are on your own on this since neither one of you are interested in protecting Elizabeth from the originals. Elijah told me how she wasn't on your list of people to spare, Elena, and you've never been concerned about her, Stefan. You'll only have my and Rose's help when it concerns both of them or just Elizabeth." Damon told them and Elena exchanged a panicked glance with Stefan. Rose was the only one who somewhat knew what the other originals looked like, and that included Klaus. 

"Damon..." Stefan trailed off annoyed and Damon shook his head before walking away. After he had gotten a safe distance away, he pulled out his phone and called a familiar number. 

"Hey, it's Damon. I'll need your help with Lilibet." He said once the other person picked up. 

______________

Flashback:

Damon walked down the stairs and headed for the front door when Lexi walked in and stopped him. 

"Going somewhere?" She asked him and Damon turned to look at the woman. He had to admit she was beautiful, but he still loved Katherine. 

"You must be the vampire I hear my brother complaining about." He commented and Lexi bobbed a small curtsy. 

"That would be me. And you must be the brother who hates him." She said as she walked closer to him and he put the suitcase down. 

"We are at irreparable odds." Damon admitted, stiffly 

"You know the hate you're feeling towards Stefan? Towards everyone? You think you have it under control but you don't. It will get the best of you." Lexi warned and he picked his suitcase back up before turning to look at her. 

"Help him. He needs it." He requested, quietly and Lexi nodded with a smile. 

"I'll help him." She agreed as he opened the front door and walked out, her watching him until she could no longer see him.

______________

"Of course, Damon, what's wrong? Has she flipped the switch? Gone on a blood binge?" Lexi asked and Damon sighed. 

"No, you know that mark on her shoulder?" He asked and he could hear a sharp intake of breath on her end. 

"The Mikaelson crest?" She asked and Damon stopped as he stood in front of his bedroom door. 

"You knew about that?" He asked, feeling a bit betrayed. 

"Yes, I was trying to let her maintain her innocence and let her feel a little ignorance before she had every enemy of Klaus coming after her." Lexi admitted and Damon couldn't argue with that. 

"Well, one of them found her. Elijah, and since he's showed up and they've started spending time together, she admitted tonight that she's been fighting the urge to bite him and drink his blood. I asked Rose, but she didn't know what to do about it, and she has been on every vampire's kill list since Trevor made them enemies of Klaus so she's out of the loop. 

"I'll explain it when I get back to Mystic Falls in two days. Keep an eye on her Damon." Lexi ordered before hanging up. Damon stepped inside his bedroom and heard the shower running

"Lilibet, you know I don't mind you borrowing my shower with it's amazing massaging shower head, but I thought you'd left by now." He called out, but got no response so he walked into his bathroom. To his shock, Katherine was in the shower and got out and stood in front of Damon, completely naked.

"Hello, Damon. Hey, do you have a robe?" She greeted, but Damon ignored that in favor of giving her evil eye. 

"How did you get out?" He asked and Katherine shrugged. 

"I knew that if I begged you not to kill Elijah, that's exactly what you'd do. Little known fact...Originals can compel vampires. But as soon as they die, the compulsion wears off." She admitted and Damon scowled at her. 

"And you knew." He accused and Katherine laughed. 

"And I'm still here. I didn't run. I meant what I said, Damon. I'm going to help you and Marilyn Monroe." She reminded him before looking down at her naked body. 

"So...How about that robe?" She asked. 

______________

A/N: 

Surprise!! I have returned with the newest installment of Elizabeth!! I look forward to reading everyone's comments!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 3K 21
"Baby, you're all I need. Come now, set me free." "I look into your sunset eyes, waiting for the moon to rise, so I can feel your heat. This love is...
6K 240 12
TVD SEASON 2 TO TBD KLAUS MIKAELSON X OC