In the shadows of passion

By alexandrajeon07

Meet Athena Alessandra Lopez, a resilient young woman kidnapped by her envious aunt and sold to a married cou... More

Author's note
♥Aesthetic♥
prologue
Chap 1. A day in the life
Chap 2. The dark secret
Chap 3. Identical
Chap 5. Sperm donor
Chap 6. Happy
New characters aesthetics
Chap 7. BI
Chap 8. BI part two
Chap 9. silent return

Chap 4. Found

26 1 0
By alexandrajeon07

The faint light of the moon shone on my face as I turned to see my wife on the other side, looking beautiful as always.

Her light brown hair was poking through the soft white fabric of the silk pillow as her angelic facial features showed that she was relaxed without a problem in the world.

I pulled the fluffy white comforter over my body, careful not to wake Valentina.

It was a good thing she was a heavy sleeper.

The cool breeze hit my body as I heard the weak crying grow louder, I moved closer to it, only to find it coming from the room right in front of us. The room where my youngest children slept.

My babies. Why is someone crying?

When Ezra and Athena sleep together, they don't cry. They always have each other to soothe the other when they wake up, but right now, the crying baby kept going and was just one person.

When I reach the room, I open the door, the cold metal turning slowly as it makes contact with my skin, to make sure it doesn't overwhelm them too much. I furrow my brows as I watch Ezra's  small body sobbing in his crib, his chubby little fisted hands pounding and wiping away his tears at the same time. My heart strings tugged at seeing my son like this.

But where the hell is my fucking daughter?

"Where is ale, ezra?" I whispered, hoping it would calm him down a bit, slowly lifting his small frame up, cradling him in my arms and wiping away the wet salty tears, his usually light stormy gray eyes red and puffy at this point. It broke my heart to see him and his sadness at his angelic baby features that he received from his mother. And my mind was running in circles, my two year old daughter was missing at night.

He slowly replies, "atnt twoook ale," his hiccups made it harder for me to understand what his baby's voice was saying, but I made it work, and having 5 kids before him made it so much easier.

[aunt took ale,]

Why would Avery take Athena?

Confused as to why Avery hasn't returned yet, I call Avery, my wife's youngest sister  and the children's aunt. Suddenly, a bright light goes out in the room along with a quiet ringtone and I turn around to see Avery's phone in the big purple bean bag in the corner of my kids' room.

I quickly start to panic for my daughter's safety, running as I scroll through my contacts, trying to find the seconds head.

I find the number to press it while he picks up the third ring.

"Do you know if anyone is on the ground or has left the ground?" I ask, worry and anger tying my voice.

"Yeah boss, Avery Fox left about 10 minutes ago." There comes a harsh response, nervousness and fear in his voice.

"Shit," he growled under his breath, "did she take anything with her?"

"Two bags, a duffel bag and I think a baby bag, though I'm not quite sure sir." Jason answers, confused as to why he's asking about her.

"Fuck. Search Athena's grounds, NOW!" I command, walking back and fourth in the room. My heart clenched painfully.

He was supposed to protect her.

Ezra was snuggling up next to me, his red eyes and golden brown hair swaying from the cool air blowing in through his open window.

"Yes sir". Jason answers as I end the call.

I take Ezra sleeping body and enter the hallway. I rush to the twins room where the two of them sleep and place him in the extra crib, knowing he'll be calm when he wakes up seeing his older siblings.

I'm leaving in a hurry, I need to see Silas, Leo and Luca. Happily, the three of them sleeping, snoring lightly.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pants pockets, a buzz that is only heard in my ears. I look at the screen to see that it is a call from an unknown person.

I pick it up, hoping it's some information about my little daughter, walking into my room to see my tired wife sleeping.

"Hi Maximillian, this is Avery and Athena." Averys scratchy, annoyed voice blared through the phone's speakers in a sickly sweet voice, making me want to shoot her in the head a million times.

Even though she is my sister-in-law, she hurt my wife a lot and that alone makes me hate her.

"Where is my daughter and why the hell do you have her?" I ask angrily, not loud enough to wake my wife, texting one of my best trackers to trace the call that was currently going on.

"You see that she may be your daughter, but now I am her legal guardian." SHe laughs, Ales crying entered the phone lightly.

"What the hell are you talking about? I swear to God. If you don't bring her back, you're going to fucking regret it." I get on the phone, ready to kill her annoying ass.

"See, I may have kidnapped her. And then I did a lot of paperwork. That part was the boring part though. And this little bitch can't stop crying, it's fucking annoying. Plus, you can try to find me, but it won't work. I know people." She says, laughing slightly as if I've told her a joke.

"And why the hell did you do that?" I get on the phone while texting my tech to trace the phone call.

"Isn't it obvious? You and Valentina, you have it all. Money, children, a loving family and I have nothing, so now I'm taking the only girl produced in the Lopez family in over generations. Have fun without Athena!" Not too much". And then the phone went dead.

No.

No.

No.

No, this can't happen. My daughter. The only girl born into the Lopez family in generations, she left because a bitch was jealous of her sister.

I quickly call my tech to see if they have any information on Avery, but they say it's a burner phone, so there's no way to trace it.

Silently, I fell to the ground, cold wet tears streaming down my pale face, my nails digging into my scalp as I realized I couldn't protect my own fucking daughter.

I'm pathetic and a horrible father.

                             20 years later

and still no trace of my missing daughter.

My wife, Valentina, suffered a lot, she went to a depression state, but thankful we recover and we're there for our children

They lost their sister. They needed to have their parents love.

We hired the best detectives and trackers in the world to find Athena, but nothing. Nothing came up.

It's like it never existed. As if it were an illusion. As if it were a figment of our imagination, but not all of us could have imagined it. But we had proof of it. She was with us. They took her and we needed to find her.

And we never gave up nor will we.

I promise you will return to your family.

I will find my daughter if it is the last thing I do.

                               2 month later

As the Don of the Cuban mafia, I take immense pride in our traditions, and the yearly mafia gala is no exception. It's a time to showcase our strength, unity, and power while enjoying the company of other powerful families. Tonight, however, my heart is not fully in the event. My mind keeps drifting to Athena, my missing daughter, and I feel a pang of sadness amidst the glitz and glamour.

In my mansion, my five boys and I gather in the spacious living room, all dressed in sharp tailored suits, waiting for our beloved Valentina to join us. Our sons, Silas, Leo, Xavier, Adriano, Luca, and even little Ezra , have grown into fine young men, and they know the importance of this gala for our family's reputation.

Silas, the eldest, stands tall with a strong presence, reminding me of myself at his age. Leo, the second-born, has a calm and composed demeanor, and I know he will one day become a great leader too. Luca, our third son, is filled with charisma, a quality that makes him a favorite among the ladies. the oldest twins Xavier and Adriano, Xavier still has his comedy charm, Adriano is the toughest, drinks, smokes, fucks whoever he wants, doesn't care, but nobody has been able to get to him, I think the only one who can is Athena. Ezra, with his stormy gray eyes and golden brown hair, is a fierce protector like his mother. A reminder of the joy Athena brought to our lives.

As we wait, my mind often wanders back to the night Athena was taken from us, still an unsolved mystery. I hope the gala might bring us some new leads, but my determination to find her doesn't mean I've neglected my family. I've made sure to provide my wife and sons with the love and support they need during this difficult journey.

Finally, after what feels like an eternity, I hear the soft footsteps of Valentina coming down the grand staircase. She is the epitome of elegance, her light brown hair cascading over her shoulders, and her sparkling dress complementing her angelic features. My heart swells with love for her, knowing that she has stood by my side through thick and thin.

"Sorry for the wait, my loves," Valentina says, her warm smile lighting up the room as she joins us. "I wanted to look perfect for you all."

"You always do, Mom," Luca compliments, earning an affectionate grin from his mother.

The kids walk ahead of us, I take the opportunity to wrap my hand around Valentina's waist and pull her to me.

"You look beautiful, mi amor. I love this dress, even though it would look better on the floor." I whispered in her ear, softly kissing her and biting her earlobe

Her moans are addicting

"Behave, max you'll get to do whatever you want when we return." She laughs

"Shall we get going?" I ask, taking Valentina's hand in mine. She nods, and we head out to the awaiting cars, my sons following us with pride and respect.

The gala awaits, but tonight, my heart is not just in the celebration. It's with the vow I made to find our daughter and bring her back to our loving family. And so, with determination burning in my heart, we set off to face the world, united as a family, no matter what challenges lay ahead.

                                 At the gala

As we arrived at the grand gala, the opulence and glamour of the event were on full display. The beautiful venue was adorned with lavish decorations, and mafias dons from all over the world were gathered to celebrate. This year, the Indian mafia was the host, and it was a mix of familiar faces and new acquaintances.

As we were introduced to the guests, I exchanged pleasantries with some of the fellow dons, maintaining a composed demeanor despite my disdain for the Indian don. I never liked him, and his presence made my skin crawl.

When he greeted me with a seemingly friendly tone, "ah Maximillian, it's so good to see you here." I kept my emotions in check

I looked at him with a blank face "yeah couldn't say the same." replied with a curt acknowledgment.

"I see you came with your beautiful family, such a shame Athena was killed."  things took a dark turn when he brought up Athena. His attempt to play it off with laughter only fueled my anger further

"What the fuck did you just say." Valentina's reaction was fierce, and I felt the rage bubbling up inside me.

I couldn't stand anyone disrespecting my family, especially when it concerned Athena. She was my flesh and blood, and the wound of her disappearance was still raw and painful.

My grip tightened as I stood up, lifting Valentina in my arms with the intention of escorting her to safety. Valentina stood by my side, her protective instincts kicking in I walk over to where the don was standing

"Go wait for me at the bar, Mi amor." I whispered in Val's ear. She looked up at me understanding what I meant. Before she left she pecked my lips. she gave the Indian don a glare that sent a clear message: he had crossed a line. After I made sure she was gone.

With a blank face but a fierce glare
I grab the tie from the don and pulled him to me, "I don't care who you are, I will skin you alive and cut you to pieces and give them to my dogs, you will suffer and you'll beg. Don't ever speak about my daughter." In a low, chilling voice. my words were accompanied by an unyielding intensity that made the other dons wary.

As the Indian don callously spoke about Athena, I could no longer contain my anger.

I glanced behind me to see my sons, each of them wearing expressions that mirrored my own anger. Their loyalty to our family was unwavering, and the Indian don could see the united front we presented.

Fear was evident in his eyes as he backed away, realizing he had provoked the wrong family. I released my grip, letting him retreat with a stern warning. The tension in the air was palpable, and the other dons kept a respectful distance, knowing not to interfere in our affairs.

After the Indian don had fled, I went to the bar to join Valentina. She greeted me with a mixture of concern and pride, knowing that I had stood up for our family with unwavering determination.

As we gathered at the bar, our united front stronger than ever, I knew that no matter the challenges we faced, we would always stand together as a family.

As I excused myself to go to the bathroom, I walked down the dimly lit hallway, my mind still preoccupied with thoughts of my missing daughter, Athena. The weight of her absence was heavy on my heart, and it was difficult to fully enjoy the gala amidst the constant ache.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't see the figure walking up to me, and I bumped into her accidentally. In that moment, my heart skipped a beat as I looked into her eyes, blue contacts, and a platinum blonde short wig, cute button nose, and full pink lips. My breath caught in my throat, and I felt a surge of emotions rush through me.

My mind raced as I stared at her, why does she look so familiar. She looked stunning with her soft pink makeup and The waiter's uniform she wore added to the surreal feeling before me.

Could it be-

Athena

Before I could gather my thoughts to speak, she muttered a quick apology and ran off. I stood there, frozen for a moment, unable to process what had just happened. My heart was torn between hope and despair, hoping against all odds that I had just seen my daughter and grappling with the reality that it might have been a mere coincidence.

As I tried to make sense of it all, I felt a mix of shock and hurt. Seeing her and then watching her disappear in an instant left me feeling like I was losing her all over again. My emotions were in turmoil, and I felt a deep longing to know if she was really my daughter or just someone who happened to resemble her.

For a moment, I considered chasing after her, but the fleeting glimpse of her had vanished into the crowd. My mind was filled with questions, doubts, and uncertainties. Was it really her? Could she have been hiding all this time? Or was it merely a chance encounter with a stranger who resembled my daughter?

Feeling a knot in my chest, I took a deep breath and decided to continue to the bathroom. As I washed my face in front of the mirror, I tried to compose myself, pushing away the overwhelming emotions that threatened to consume me.

The rest of the gala felt like a blur as I struggled to focus on the event. My thoughts kept drifting back to the mysterious woman who looked like Athena, and I couldn't shake the feeling of uncertainty that lingered within me.

As the night wore on, I knew I had to share this encounter with my family, but I also didn't want to raise false hopes. When we returned home, I gathered the boys and val around the living room, feeling their support and love surrounding me.

I took a deep breath and began to tell them about the encounter, describing the woman who looked like Athena. Their eyes widened with surprise and curiosity, and Valentina's hand reached out to hold mine, offering silent comfort.

Though unsure of the significance of the encounter, I knew that we couldn't ignore it. I decided to take action and have a portrait artist create a sketch of the woman based on my description. We would use it to help us in our search for Athena.

The memory of the mysterious woman lingering in my mind. The journey to find my daughter was far from over, and this encounter had stirred something inside me, reigniting my determination to bring her back home, no matter the obstacles ahead.

I rushed to my office, determined to help my sons in any way possible as we tirelessly searched for her. I insisted that Matthew, the chief of the Italian police, must find my daughter and handed him a portrait. Hours later, my phone rang, and I hurriedly answered to hear Matthew's low, raspy voice saying, "We found someone." I thanked him and hung up.

Excitedly, I went to tell Valentina, but she wanted to join us. I hesitated, unsure if it was really her, and she agreed to stay home. Arriving at the police station,

"Maximillian Ivan Lopez, here for my daughter." The receptionist seemed scared, pointing us to a door down the hall.

As we entered the office with a glass window facing the interrogation room, I noticed the woman looked a little different, she doesnt have makeup up on and she has her natural hair out,  jet black curly hair. After some time, Matthew left the room and faced us, shock written all over my face, waiting for him to elaborate. "That girl is definitely your daughter," he said.

"She has 5 DUI, theft, vandalism, drug offenses, property crimes, curfew violations, alcohol offenses." Matthew continued, listing a troubling series of offenses she had committed.

Despite the shock, I couldn't help but feel pride and admiration for my daughter, and I saw the same emotions in my sons.

Ezra eagerly asked, "What's her name?"

When Matthew revealed "Athena Alessandra Lopez," tears welled up in my eyes.

"Well, what are you waiting for. Release her now." Silas impatiently urged Matthew to release her. With a nod from Matthew, he went to let Athena out, and a mix of emotions overwhelmed me as I prepared to see her again.

———————————————————————————

What y'all think of the Lopez family

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 5.3K 30
Athena comes home for the holidays to a big surprise. When she arrives in her old home place in Lakeden she finds out that she is in a marriage to so...
51.9K 1.3K 15
Alexandria Brio is a 16-year-old girl who knows pain like the back of her hand. After getting kidnapped at the young age of two she has known nothing...
1.1M 34.7K 98
The Mafia Heirs #3 Athena was many things; gorgeous, a killer, an assassin, a psychopath but above all, a Romano. And that was her biggest secret. No...
142K 2.6K 32
Isabella Moretti had been born in Italy with the Moretti's. Her Biological family. But one fateful night her Mum sneaks into her room while she's asl...