Fearless (Jamie's Version)

By hockeylifefr

Lily Grace Hughes is the twin brother to the famous Jack Hughes. For as long as she can remember, she's been... More

The Peoples
Chapter 1 - The argument
Chapter 2 - The Airport
Chapter 3 - The Family
Chapter 4 - Chaos
Capter 5 - Lover Era
Chapter 6 - matchmaker
Chapter 7 - Date Night
Chapter 8 - Before Vacation
Chapter 9 - The Lake
Chapter 10 - Instagram
AN!!!
Chapter 11 - Forgiveness
Chapter 12 - History
Chapter 13 - Rainy Day
Chapter 14 - What a break.
Chapter 15 - Change.
Chapter 16 - Pain
Chapter 17 - Heartbreak
Chapter 18 - Hurting
Chapter 19 - Make or Break
Chapter 20 - Game time
Chapter 21 - Family Christmas
Chapter 22 - Twitter
Chapter 23 - Christmas Eve
Chapter 23 (pt 2)
Chapter 24 - Christmas Day
Chapter 25 - Home
Chapter 26 - Falling
Chapter 27 - New Years Eve
Chapter 28 - twitter pt 2
Chapter 29 - instagram pt 2
Chapter 30 - Valentines Day
Chapter 32 - Round 2 (pt 1)
Chapter 33 - Round 2 (pt 2)
Chapter 34 - Round 2 (pt 3)
Chapter 35 - Here We Go Again
Chapter 36 - what now?
Chapter 37 - one more go?
Chapter 38 - Here We Go
Chapter 39 - why?
A/N
your opinion matters!

Chapter 31 - Round 1

1.1K 17 2
By hockeylifefr

Lily's point of view

April 18

Much to everyone's surprise, players included, the Anaheim Ducks have made it to the playoffs. No one saw this coming at all. Today was our last regular season game, and we beat the Golden Knights 5-4 in a shootout. Trevor scoring the game winning goal.

Trevor and Caroline won't admit it, but Jamie and I are pretty sure those two are dating - or hooking up - one or the other. She actually moved in with us, taking my room. Jamie and I decided that i could move my stuff into his room, we've been dating since October anyways.

Things have been running smoothly, and the first round of the playoffs start in two days. My brothers, Cole, Turcs, Jamie and Trevor all made it so this is going to be an interesting playoff run. The match ups are: Devils vs Rangers, Islanders vs Blue Jackets, Canadians vs Bruins, Maple Leafs vs Sabres, Wild vs Stars, Avalanche vs Ducks, Golden Knights vs Kings and Canucks vs Jets.

As someone with friends on a team in each match up, it's going to be a long month. Jamie and Trevor are hysterical. They weren't expecting to make it this far in the season, and now they're running around like idiots trying to get their life together. Me and Caroline are sitting on the couch enjoying the show.

"LILY HAVE YOU SEEN MY SKATES?!" Jamie yells from our room.

"They're in your bag, in your car. Where they always are." I tell him.

"FUCK WHERE IS MY JERSEY?!" Trevor yells.

"My god. Trev! It's at the arena! Where they stay!" Caroline yells back.

"It's like they don't play hockey for a living." I mumble.

"Trevor was running last night 'trying to get in shape'" Caroline says.

"They had a game last night, and this morning." I say laughing slightly.

"Hey! Stop making fun of us!" Trevor says.

"Yea! We have the right to be freaking out! Playoffs start in two days and we play the freaking Avalanche!" Jamie says.

"Yea! The AVALANCHE! THEY WON A STANLEY CUP IN '22!" Trevor yells.

"First of all, stop yelling." Caroline says.

"Thank you. Second of all, both of you represented your country at Worlds. You play hockey for a living. You play the Avalanche during the regular season. You guys got this." I say.

"She's right. You two wouldn't be in NHL if you weren't ready for this moment. Now lets pack up the circus, lets eat some lunch, and lets chill the absolute fuck out." Caroline says. The mention of food calms them completely.

"We can stay in and cook lunch, or we can go out. What are you two in the mood for?" I ask the guys.

"Lets go out. I need a good burger." Trevor says. Jamie nods his head in agreement.

"And maybe a drink." I whisper to Caroline.

"No shit." She whispers back. Trevor grabs the keys and we all head down to the car.

"Jamie you wanna check to make sure your skates are in the back?" I ask him.

"Oh yea, good idea." He says. "Um... they're not back here?"

I turn my head so fast i swear i could have whiplash. I walk around to the back of the car, and there they are. In his bag. Under his pads. Men. "Yes they are. They're right he- shit." I say. I managed to cut my finger on the blade.

"Oh shoot. Are you okay!?" He asks, panicked.

"What happened?" Trevor asks from the drivers seat.

"Someone didn't have their blades covered and i just cut the absolute shit out of my finger. Do you have any napkins up front?" I ask calmly.

"HOW ARE YOU NOT FREAKING OUT?!" Jamie yells.

"For the second time this morning, please stop yelling." I say annoyed. "It's not the first time this has happened."

"Here." Trevor says handing me napkins.

"Thanks."

"Are you okay?" Jamie asks.

"Yea. The bleeding should stop soon." I say.

"I think you forget her brothers play and don't know how to pick up anything, or Trevor for that matter. The amount of times she's cut something on those blades is insane." Caroline says.

"Idiot." Trevor mumbles.

"Trev i will throw my blood on your white shirt." I say to him.

"Lets not." He says. "I like this shirt."

"And quite frankly, I don't wanna see that." Jamie says. I just roll my eyes at the two. We get in the car and start driving towards some bar. A couple minutes later the bleeding still hasn't stopped. I check the wound and realize it's a lot deeper than i thought.

"So uh-"

"What?" Jamie asks panicked. He cannot catch a break.

"Z, imma need you to take us to the hospital." I say.

"Why?!" He asks.

"Well in case you forgo-" i start but Jamie cuts me off again.

"The bleeding still hasn't stopped." He says. I roll my eyes at him for cutting me off.

"Well as i was saying, in case you forgot i cut my finger on Jamie's skate blade. The wound is deeper than i thought, and i need stitches." I say.

"Oh right. Okay yea i'll get us there." Trevor says.

"Idiot." I mumble.

"I heard that." Trevor says.

" 'i heard that' okay and? Get me to the hospital." I say. He rolls his eyes at me from the front seat.

————-

"While im stitching you up, mind explaining to me how this happened?" The doctor says.

"My boyfriend plays hockey and i was moving his gear and i accidentally cut my finger on the blade." I tell her.

"Oh, does he play professionally?" She asks. Jamie stayed in the waiting room, while Trevor and Caroline are in the parking lot.

"Yes he does actually." I say. "He plays for Anaheim."

"Ah, is it Zegras?" She asks.

"No, bur he's one of my good friends. My boyfriend is Jamie Drysdale."

"How did you two meet?"

"Me and my brother fought and i decided to move in with Trevor. My family and his are good friends and Jamie is Trevors roommate. One thing lead to another, now Jamie and i are dating." I explain.

"Does your brother play too?" She asks.

"Yep, all three of them actually." I tell her.

"Oh wow. Three brothers. How do you do it?" She asks laughing.

"They make it fairly easy. Well all but Jack. Luke and Quinn make it easy i guess. They're quieter and easier to get along with most of the time." I say.

"Oh! You're the famous Lily Hughes! I don't know why I didn't make that connection." She says.

"Most people don't." I say half embarrassed.

"Well it was nice talking to you Lily, but you're all done and stitched up. Be careful around those blades, yeah?" She says.

"Yes ma'am." I say laughing.

——————-

"Okay now that i'm all stitched up, lets get food." I say.

"How on earth do you have an appetite after looking at that?" Jamie says. What a wimp.

"I'm used to it, i'm fine. The stitches didn't even hurt. I was too busy being asked about my brothers, boyfriend, and best friend." I say.

"Aww she knows about me." Caroline says sarcastically.

"How'd that even get brought up?" Trevor asks.

"She asked how i cut my finger, i said i cut my finger on my boyfriends blade, she asked if he played professionally, i said yes. She actually assumed it was you Trev, i nearly threw u-"

"You'll throw up at the idea of dating me and not the fact that you could see the bone in your finger?" Trevor asks.

"Yes. Now as i was saying, she asked how Jamie and I met, i told her i got into a fight with my brother and moved in with you, then she asked if he played, i said all three of them did. She put two and two together after that." I finish.

"Lets go get you food, yeah?" Jamie says.

"Please! Oh and, you two a drink." I say.

"Why a drink?" Jamie asks.

"You need it. Caroline and i are hoping it'll calm you down."

"Especially you Jamie, you've been all over the place since you two got home this morning." Caroline says. I nod my head in agreement.

"In my defense, it's the Stanley Cup Playoffs, not to mention my girlfriend nearly cut her finger off." He says.

"He's got a point. Give us a break." Trevor says rolling his eyes.

"Just drive Trev." Caroline says.

——————

April 20

The Ducks won their first game 6-3. The boys are hyped up and ready for game 2 on the 22nd. Tonights game and the next are at home. The next are away. If we have to play games 5, and 6, those are home. Game 7, would be away.

The Devils, Canucks, Kings, Blue Jackets, Wild, and Sabres all won their games tonight as well. So Hughes and friends are all in high spirits.

————

April 26

The Ducks just swept the Avalanche. I took a few pictures of the team celebrating, and Leo Carlsson comes up to me after the game.

"So since i scored to game, and round, winning goal. You should let me take you on a date." He says.

"I'm flattered Leo, but i'm already seeing someone." I tell him.

"Yea sorry kid, she's taken." Jamie says coming up behind me. Trevor laughs from beside us. I roll my eyes at the boys. Leo walks off, probably to find some other girl to bother.

"Well boys, you've officially made it to round two!" I say.

The Devils are up in their series, 3-0. Tonight could possibly be the last game, so we're rushing home to celebrate and watch that game. The Canucks and Canadiens are tied in their series 2-2. Unfortunately for the rest of the friend group, they're down 3-1.

We get home and the devils game is already over. They lost the game, but they are up in their series 3-1 so they still have a chance.

——————

April 28

"Come on Jack!" Trevor yells from the couch. Jack is on a break away. 1... 2... 3.. HE SCORES. The buzzer sounds. The devils advance to round 2!

"Switch the channel! Canadiens game! Z hurry!" I yell.

"I'm trying Lily!"

Just like that, Cole passes the puck off to Suzuki. Suzuki takes the shot - he misses.

"Nick what the hell!" Jamie yells.

The goalie lets go of the puck, expecting the puck to go to a yellow and black jersey. Instead it goes to a red, Cole to be exact, he takes the shot. It his the back of the net.

"FUCK YEA COLE!" I yell.

"Canucks game! Now! GO TREVOR!" Caroline yells.

Jack calls me.

"Hello?
Did you see the devils game?
Yes we watched it. We're happy for you!!
What about the Canucks? How are they doing?
Just turned it on. They're down 2-1, 10 minutes left, puck on their defensive side of the ice.
Shit.
I know!
What about the Canadiens?
Cole scored the game winning goal. Get home safe. Watch the games. I gotta go. Love you.
Love you too. Bye."

The puck is being passed around. 8 minutes left. Still on the Canucks half. They take a shot. Demko puts it aside with ease. Quinn passes the puck up the ice to Boeser. He passes the puck the Petterson. He takes a shot. It's in! The game is tied!

"Hell yea! Quinny get that assist!" I yell.

"Okay next game! We'll come back, or someone put it on their phone! Blue jackets! Now!" Caroline says.

I turn the Canucks game on, on my phone. I set my phone on the table in front of us. We're all in a variety of jerseys. I'm in Lukes Devils jersey, sporting devils colors and Quinns number. Jamie is wearing Cole's jersey. Trevor is wearing Owens jersey, and Caroline is in Adams jersey.

Adam is passed the puck. He's on a breakaway. He shoots! It goes just wide of the net.

"What the fuck." I mumble.

The puck is passed off to the opposing side of the ice. Barzal has the puck. He fakes the goalie out. He shoots. Just off the post. Brindley gets the puck. Passes it off to Adam. Adam passes it back to Gavin. He shoots. This time, it's in!

"Hell yea!" Trevor yells.

"OH MY GOD. CANUCKS WON!" I yell.

"LETS FUCKING GO." Jamie yells.

"Sabres game! Trevor get with the fucking program!" I yell at him.

"Im trying!"

The puck is in the Leafs end. Sabres are up 4-3. Nylander gets the puck. He's racing down the ice. The seconds are winding down. 3... he shoots. 2... it's going. 1... it's in the back of the net. Game is tied 4-4, going into overtime.

"We'll come back, go Trevor! The Wild!" Carline says.

He switches the channel. The wild are down 4-1, Roberston of the Stars, has the puck. He shoots he scores. The buzzer sounds. Game over. The Wild are out of the playoffs.

We switch the channel again. Kings vs Golden Knights. The Kings are down 3-2. Turcs isn't in the NHL right now so we're not too worried. But Eichel has the puck. Before he can shoot, the buzzer sounds. Golden Knights advance to the second round.

"Back to the sabres game come on Trev!" Jamie says.

"If one more person rushes me, i'm kicking them out."

"Boohoo." I say.

He switches the channel. The game is about to start up again. Owen starts on defense. Buffalo wins the face off, Owen gets the puck. He passes it to Tage Thompson. Tage gets hit, Marner gets the puck. 2 minutes down, 18 to go. Marner is racing towards the net, Owen blocks his shot.

Matthews gets the puck. He shoots. The goalie puts it aside. Owen gets the puck and passes it up the ice. Cozens has the puck. He shoots. The goalie catches it, handing it off to Brodie. Brodie passes it to Knies. Knies shoots. He scores.

"FUCK." I yell.

"No it was supposed to be the Sabres!" Caroline says.

"Shit!" Trevor yells.

——————

April 30

It all comes down to tonight. The Canadiens and the Canucks have the opportunity to close it out tonight. The Blue Jackets need to win this game to go to game 7. Jack, Luke, Owen, and Turcs are all on facetime watching the games together.

We have the Canadiens game on, Jack and Luke have the Canucks game on, Owen and Turcs have the Blue Jackets game on.

"Y'all.... Cole, Nick, and Newhook have the puck." Jamie says to the phone.

"Shit! Jets have the puck." Jack yells.

"Come on Quinn! Hell yea! Quinn just laid some dude out!" Luke says.

"Adam just scored!" Owen says.

"That's game! The games over! Blue Jackets go to game 7." Alex says.

"Boeser just scored!" Jack yells.

"Hell yea! Canucks advance to round 2!!" I yell.

"It all comes down to this." Caroline says.

"Nick has the puck." Trevor says.

"Passed it to Newhook, wait now Cole has it." I say.

"Cole just passed it off to Nick!" Jamie says. "He shoots! And it's in!"

"CANADIENS GO TO ROUND TWO!" We yell in unison.

The rest of the guys get on the call and we celebrate everyone winning tonight.

—————

May 1

We have everyone, besides Adam of course, on the phone. We're watching the game. 5 minutes left in the 3rd period. The game is tied 1-1. Islanders have the puck. Barzal shoots and it's in.

"SHIT!" Everyone yells or some other string of cuss words.

"It's okay! We still have 3 minutes! They can do this." Caroline says.

They could in fact, not do it. The Blue Jackets lost. The Islanders advance to round two. No one is happy besides the Islanders of course.

We all pack up our stuff and head on to bed. Jamie and i lay down and fall asleep almost instantly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.5K 1.3K 55
STELLA JEAN was a natural born figure skater. She would skate for hours without a worry in the world. And that, she destined would be her future. JA...
187K 2.5K 50
โ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช ๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ช๐˜ต'๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ "๐˜ช ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ," ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๏ฟฝ...
19.1K 800 16
๐—ก๐—˜๐—ช ๐—ฌ๐—˜๐—”๐—ฅ'๐—ฆ ๐——๐—”๐—ฌ ! โœฟโŽฏโŽฏ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ he's convinced that they're soulmates but she just doesn't know it yet. ๐Ž๐‘ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ luke hu...
98.3K 1.3K 40
It's the most horrible time of the year for Miracle Zegras, especially when hearthrob, boy next door and-her childhood crush-comes home for the holid...