Always, Tulip

By Maureentab

~complete~ But what would happen when a military captain who barely talks meets an overly joyous girl who wor... More

▫️Preface
▫️One
▫️Two
▫️Three
▫️Four
▫️Five
▫️Six
▫️Seven
▫️Eight
▫️Nine
▫️Ten
▫️Eleven
▫️Twelve
▫️Thirteen
▫️Fourteen
▫️Fifteen
▫️ Sixteen
▫️ Seventeen
▫️ Eighteen
▫️ Nineteen
▫️Twenty
▫️Twenty-one
▫️Twenty-two
▫️ Twenty-three
▫️Twenty-four
▫️Twenty-five
▫️Twenty-six
▫️ Twenty-seven
▫️Twenty-nine
▫️Thirty
▫️ Thirty-one
▫️Thirty-two
▫️ Thirty-three
▫️Thirty-four
▫️ Thirty-five
▫️ Thirty-six
▫️ Thirty-seven
▫️Thirty-eight
▫️Thirty-nine
▫️Forty
▫️ Forty-one
▫️Forty-two
Extra : proposal
▫️Forty-three
▫️Forty-four
▫️ Epilogue
Author's note
🔸Bonus | 1
🔹Bonus | 2
🔸Bonus | 3

▫️Twenty-eight

16.2K 495 80
By Maureentab

Ginelle's pov

Grey was asleep.

I mean I thought he was because his eyes were closed and he was resting his head over my plush orange pillows. His face was calm, hands in his pant-pockets and I leaned closer to look at him.

My very handsome man.

I blushed at my thoughts as I gazed at his face, eyebrows full and a knot appeared between them where I pressed my index finger to straighten out the furrow.

How was he even thinking in his sleep?

He sighed once as my fingers pressed on his forehead and his furrow instantly dropped. Smiling, I held my palm over my jaw then supported my elbow over the couch as I continued to stare at him.

It was like seeing him for the first time, so strong and tough yet soft and tender. My hands moved to his sideburns that I loved and I ran my palm over them, loving the tickling feeling they left.

Cupping his face, I squinted my eyes when I saw a cut at the base of his jaw that disappeared into his turtle neck. It was almost healed and I wanted to pinch him for not showing me.

It might have been very small to him but I needed to know that he was safe at all times. I made a mental note to scold him when he was awake. His work must have taken a toll on him so I let him rest.

Sighing at his perfection, I made sure that his breathing patterns were almost even before I leaned down to kiss his inviting lips.

Softly patching my lips on his twice, I pulled back to see that he was still relaxed so I leaned down for the last kiss though I gulped when he suddenly took charge.

I looked down at him wide eyed though his eyes remained shut. How was he kissing me when asleep? Or was he dreaming? Forget that, his arm pulled me by my waist that I fell on his chest.

He didn't release me, both my waist and mouth as he continued to press our bodies together. His lips roamed over me non-stop, our breaths mixing up as his trail fell to my neck.

He repeatedly kissed the spot where my collar bones dipped and I held my hand over my mouth to avoid making any noise when he began to suck over the spot.

"G-Grey," I pleaded as I held onto him, dropping to his chest when he stopped and I panted for air. Looking up, I was met by the darkened gaze of his eyes.

"Yes, sweetheart." I pursed my lips when he thumb began to trace over the spot he'd just kissed. I suddenly felt shy under his eyes thus I squeaked out.

"You weren't a-asleep!" His lips curved up the slightest in a smirk as I sat up and playfully slapped his chest when he didn't deny it.

"Just resting my eyes but you seemed to have other plans." He crossed his arms over his chest, his muscles bulging and that made me swoon.

"Continue?" He suggested with a straight face and leaned back to close his eyes as he'd done before, expectantly waiting for me to proceed.

He eventually peeked through one eye when I didn't do anything and he almost grumbled with a pout. "I'm waiting baby,"

I smooched his face from his forehead to his eyebrows then his eyes, nose, his lips then his cheeks and repeated the whole process thrice.

His whole face lit up like the city during the night as he pulled me to him by my waist so that we were attached to each other. For a while, he just stared at my face without blinking.

"Your smile keeps me awake for days, do you know what your small touch does?" I shook my head and he looked down at my neck and smiled mischievously.

"It burns through me and I can't just hold back." He moved to kiss my neck again and I noticed he had formed an obsession over that area, majorly my collar bones.

"I keep wanting more," he stared at my face for a while before pulling me into a hug. He held me for the longest time and even though he was being affectionate all evening, I could tell something was at the back of his head.

"Can I stay the night?" He mumbled into my hair, never pulling back and I easily agreed to his request. He held me tighter by the waist and softly patted my hair for an entire minute.

"Babe?" He quickly hummed and I felt his breath over the back of my neck so I asked, "Is everything okay?" He hesitated first before nodding and that didn't make me feel any better.

"We're okay?" He pulled back to cup my face and then mumbled 'very okay' with a kiss over my temple then continued to pat my hair.

"Will you come with me to see Nana?" I looked into his eyes and there seemed to be uneasiness in them. He looked away first but I angled his jaw towards me.

"Is Nana okay? Did something happen?" I anxiously asked while cupping his face. He snuggled his jaw into my palm before shaking his head and I sighed in relief.

"I wanted us to go see her together before I left," my hands stilled at his words and I just looked at him unbelieving before I looked away at the prick on my eyes.

"You're leaving? Why? You promised not to." My throat constricted at my own words as a lump formed and I didn't have it in me to face him.

Uncertainty creeped into me as the thought of Grey leaving pulled the strings of my heart painfully. We were doing so well and I thought what we had was mutual.

"No," he firmly protested that I whipped my head towards him. "This is about work," he wiped away the tears I didn't realize were trailing down my cheeks.

There was a short term relief in my heart then the severity of the situation got to my head. His work; guns, fighting, blood, bad people and danger looming from all corners.

"Is it going to be safe? When do you leave? How long does it take? Promise to be safe?" I trembled as I fired the questions and my heart began to beat unusually fast.

"Calm down sweetheart," my eyes were apprehensive as I looked back at him. He was so relaxed about this even as he continued to rub my back, evening my breaths.

Grey then told me about the mission that was coming up after I was breathing steadily. He assured me that he'd be fine, nothing would go wrong but I found it so hard to believe.

Flying to another country, chasing after criminals for an unknown duration and more so fighting. I was on the edge about this even as he kept reassuring me.

"I promise to be safe, there are so many things I want to do with you." We maintained eye contact and after I'd nodded along, he kissed my forehead.

"Don't worry about this, I'll be okay." I felt his heartbeat with my palm that lay on his chest and I slowly gave in to his promise, he never went back on his words.

My thoughts drifted to many places as the situation at hand settled into my mind. I had to have faith that it would be well, my man would be safe.

Softly nudging my arm, Grey cupped my cheeks to get my attention. "Never again think of me leaving you because my heart is tied to you, there's no better place than here next to you."

"Know that you'll forever remain to be mine, my tulip." His thumb traced over my cheeks warmly as he took my hand and kissed the back of it. "We are an inseparable pair."

I smiled at his gentle words, my heart knowing that I had already chosen him. He continued to hold my hand and I was hesitant at first before suggesting, "Do you want to cuddle?"

Nodding eagerly at me, he adjusted his back to the arm of the couch then stretched his arms sideways in an inviting embrace. I shyly crawled onto his chest, my blush enhancing till I settled my legs in between his.

I lay my head sideways on his toned chest as his hands rested on the bare skin of my waist where my shirt had risen. Grey pecked my forehead once more, his hands roaming over my back, underneath the shirt.

We silently listened to each other's heartbeats, my hands occasionally tracing the bumps on his chest. I remember seeing them that rainy night he came to see me.

Smiling at the memory, I looked up when I felt him shuffle underneath me. He extended his hand to get a brown paper bag I'd seen him carrying after our date.

I had seen him carry the bag long before Leila and Louis had dropped us here. He had perhaps gotten it after we'd finished eating.

"What's in there?" I turned my head to see him unwrap the package. Oranges. That's what was in there and I glanced at him then back at the wrapping.

"You normally eat fruits after a meal," he slowly took out the already peeled oranges and I just couldn't describe the feelings the I had for this man.

He tapped out my lips when I had zoned out and urged me to open up as he began to feed me. I simply stared at me because there were times I thought he was an angel.

So perfect.

"Is something wrong, don't you like them?" He tilted his head down to look at the oranges then back at me. I wondered when he'd even peeled them off.

I shook my head before taking out some of the oranges from the bag and began to feed him too. His dimple popped out as he grinned, I'd never seen him this happy.

We settled into feeding one other, resting in each other's arms and I knew nothing would compare to this moment.

"When do we visit Nana?" I asked after a while, the idea of him inviting me to his family home casting a swarm of butterflies in my stomach.

"Will you be free on Saturday?" That was like three days away and since I didn't have work then, I happily accepted.

"Tell me what Nana likes," I lifted my head to meet his eyes and he raised one brow as if in confusion so I added, "I want to buy her a gift."

Grey furrowed his eyes again and mumbled not so quietly. "You can ask me what I like instead," I almost laughed at the pout he had on as I pulled his cheeks.

"What then do you like?" I asked along as I noticed his eyes look down at me, a far away look in them. Then suddenly he turned to point at the flowers at the table beside us.

"You like flowers?" He shook his head once and I looked again at my vase that he was pointing at. "Tulips?" I tried again this time, a pleasant smile present on his features.

"What else do you like?" I smiled along with him and waited for his next response. He stared at my face for a moment before touching my collar bones.

I shook my head as I held back another smile, he was surely something else. He spoke again when I didn't say anything else. "And babies,"

I blinked severally trying to process what his words meant. My mouth opened though there seemed to be no words coming out.

Grey liked babies.

Don't think about it, don't think about. Even though I tried to divert my thoughts elsewhere, I still thought about this new discovery.

"Nana likes fabrics, anything cloth related will do." Grey snapped his thumb in front of my eyes since I had travelled so far away.

"What about the others?" I figured Nana wouldn't be living alone so I had to at least buy something for them as well. Grey didn't seem pleased at the idea as he scowled.

"I'm going to get jealous if you buy everyone a gift." He pursed his lips and pretended to get angry so I decided to tickle his sides.

He didn't react at first but when I moved my fingers to his lower back, he chuckled softly. So he wasn't ticklish on the sides but on his back.

I didn't give him a break as I ran my hands all over his back, loving how deep his chuckles were and I later laughed along with him when he tickled me back.

We rolled along together before I suddenly got up to get to the washroom. Grey followed me thinking I was trying to run away from him but I locked him out.

I cleaned up then tied up my hair and slowly peeked through the door to check whether he was there. He stood up by the wall, his back leaned over and just when I was about to look away, he caught me.

"Don't hide from me," he flicked my forehead once and then picked me up bridal style, taking me to my bedroom.

"I'm getting you to bed," I wasn't sleepy yet but I didn't protest because I loved being in his arms. He softly lay me on bed and I stared at him as he towered over me.

Grey continued to gaze at me and I at him before he leaned over and began kissing every spot on my face. He pulled back to look at me before asking.

"Can I read you this?" He took out a book by my night stand and I nodded picking it up and sitting up, my back leaned over the head board.

I patted the spot in front of me on the bed and when Grey seemed to get the message, he climbed up. The bed dipped massively as he situated himself.

"Today, I'll read you." Seeming pleased at my words, he lay down on his stomach so that he could easily hear me. I waited for him to settle down and when he was done, I began reading.

Almost at the third page, Grey stirred and I looked up to see him tugging the ends of his turtle neck. He grumbled about it being so hot before taking it off.

I gulped at the bare skin of his chest. His back muscles flexed as he tossed the clothing to the chair a few steps away before turning to me.

I dropped my eyes to the words on the book trying not to stare but then his arms wrapped around my thighs and he laid his head between my knees.

"I'm fine now," I don't know if I was going to keep counting the words in every page or the abs that showed everytime he turned around.

I never knew I was a stammerer until I began to read again.

✪ ✪ ✪

I wish you guys a blessed August; in school, work, friends, families and all that you do. I wish you well.
<333

(⁠๑⁠˙⁠❥⁠˙⁠๑⁠)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 26K 70
"This book is the perfect mixture of deep and hilarious. I'm in love with that" - crackhead4ever Teen fiction has given cheerleaders a bad rap. And...
9.6M 311K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
41.7K 1.1K 26
"You really get on my nerves, Sunshine." I stare her down, watching as her lips curl into a smile. Carson brings her hand to my own. "But you like t...
4.1K 638 67
Book 1 of Affection Series ♡ You were an unexpected surprise, the defining moment. The collision of stars that slammed into me hard and sent my chaot...