Angel's Temptation | BTS TAEH...

By bangtanpoetry_

A Tale of Revenge, for the Angel who suffered at the hands of Male Violence, left behind in the darkness of... More

Author's Note (Warning)
Prologue
Chapter 1: Tempted
Chapter 2: Game of Vegeance
Chapter 3: The huntress and shepherd
Chapter 4: The light
Chapter 5: Reversed
Chapter 6: Monsters
Chapter 7: Blood moon
Chapter 8: Red meets hell
Chapter 9: Sinners
Chapter 10: The last summer
Chapter 11: Breakdown
Chapter 12: The plan
Chapter 13: Dangerous silence
Chapter 14: Murderer
Chapter 15: One step away
Chapter 16: Who are you?
Chapter 17: SeΓ±orita
Chapter 18: Dare
Chapter 19: Abstract art
Chapter 20: Trust?
Chapter 21: Never ending pain
Chapter 22: Infidelity
Chapter 23: The Devil himself
Chapter 24: The day has come
Chapter 25: Game of survival
Chapter 26: Inception
Chapter 27: Reshuffled Cards
Chapter 28: Salvation
Chapter 29: A fragile bond
Chapter 30: Demons
Chapter 31: Bridge between Love and Hate
Chapter 32: Tables have turned
Chapter 33: The Angel and The Devil
Chapter 34: Collision
Chapter 35: My wild Siren
Chapter 36: Hide & Seek
Chapter 37: Escape
Chapter 38: You're in Danger
Chapter 39: Secrets
Chapter 40: Trapped
Chapter 41: Melting Fireplace
Chapter 42: Tempted Angel
Chapter 43: The trial of Life

Chapter 44: The END (Part 1)

2.8K 175 442
By bangtanpoetry_

"The final stage of healing is using what happens to you to help other people"

-Gloria Steinem

Y/N'S POV

I take in the smell of the empty corridors and the sound of my heels clicking against the vinyl flooring of the hospital. With Dr.Kim Woobin next to me, we were silently walking towards the last room at the end of the hall, which was currently being watched by an officer.

I was fighting with my breathing, the hospital, the smell, the last room and the man behind that door were making it harder for me to keep my calm and Dr. Kim noticed it.

"You okay?" His calm voice caressed my side and I looked up at him, tilting my neck to reach his eyes.

With a I slightly lifted the corners of my lips "I'm trying to be" my voice was calm but the silence in the corridor was like a ticking bomb tingling down my spine and filling me up with tension.

He was about to say something when a loud voice made me jump back in horror.

"I JUST WANNA SEE HER! GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM!"

My eyes were wide in shock when Dr.Kim stepped protectively in front of me and blurred out the scene for me. While staring at his back, my racing mind needed a second to realize what these two sentences meant and whom this deep horrific voice belonged to.

The sound of things being thrown around made me flinch behind Dr.Kim. With widened eyes I stared at my trembling hands while my heart was racing in shock. He immediately turned around and placed his hands on my shoulders. I lifted my head and looked into the eyes of the man who had taken over my life as the missing father figure and filled my life with a strength only a father is able to provide for his daughter.

"Y/N I want you to stay here until he's ready. If you feel unwell, we can leave any second. Just let the officer know and I'll be here in a blink of an eye, okay?" His worried eyes took me in and with the sound of another scream I flinched again and his eyebrows creased.

I nodded and placed my hand over his which was resting on my shoulders, to assure him that I got this. With a soft blink his warmth left in a second and with a  nod towards the officer he ran inside the room.

When the door creaked open, I stepped back and it took all my being to look away and not try to take a curious glance.

With a deep breath I ran my hand through my hair, the soft layers slipping through my fingers while walking towards the nearest bench and taking a seat, far away from the troubled, last room.

I crossed my legs and placed my face into my hands. All kind of thoughts were racing through my mind, in between them the eyes of the man behind the door.
Once the source of warmth turned into the bloodiest betrayal.

Eyes, that I haven't seen for many years, but I knew I would always recognize them. That's the thing with memories, you think you can erase them, but once triggered, they will play like a movie in front of you.

His scream echoed again and I flinched on my seat in shock. I lifted my head and sat up straight while looking at a blank spot on the wall across from me.

I was once in the exact same position as him, screaming, crying and throwing things around like a maniac. They betrayed me and hurt me beyond repair and yet I was the one sitting outside today.

I shut my eyes at another scream, I couldn't understand what made him behave this way.
There was a question burning in my head, a question that kept the nation on their toes, which's answer was screaming behind the shut door.

What happened to him after that night?

The screams suddenly silenced and I looked at the Officer who met my eyes before the door finally opened after what seemed like hours of waiting and enduring the screams.

Dr.Kim stepped out and I immediately stood up and walked towards him. My heels were loud but nothing compared to the beating drums of my racing heart against my chest. I suddenly felt 18 all over again.

Dr.Kim's attire looked disheveled and I gulped, sensing the anxiety creeping in I closed the last gap and met him. Dr. Kim ran a hand over his face before looking at me with eyes full of worry that pained my heart.

"I'm sorry Y/N for making you wait and listen to all of that" He said while placing his fists on his hips and taking a deep breath.

"It's fine Doctor, I'm good but seeing you like this makes me more worried." I said with a nervous glance at the shut door.

"He had a panic attack" He explained and my eyes met his. "They can't calm him down and his body is refusing the IVF." He pinched the bridge of his nose and my heart broke at the sight of him.

"Will you tell me what has happened to him?" I asked and his arm fell weekly on his side. I gulped with worry while tilting my head to the side.

"I will but I want you to see him first." He said and caressed my hair. I blinked but then I nodded and leaned into his fatherly touch on my head. If there's a single man on this earth I could trust, it was him. There was a reason, only he knew to make me wait for the answers that were burning my head but I chose to wait and see what'll unravel behind those shut doors.

"Okay, I'm ready" I said with determination and he gave me an exhausted smile. "Are you sure?" He asked with his worried tone.

"The Taehyung behind these doors, is nothing like the one you remember. What you're going to see, is capable and grotesque enough to break anyone at the plain sight of him. Are you sure you're ready Y/N? Because if you hesitate, I'll end this whole visiting here and now." His index was pointing towards me and I smiled because he was underestimating me.

"You're underestimating me Mr.Kim" I said with a smile but he kept his stoned expression.

"I'd never underestimate you Y/N, you know that. See for yourself and you'll-" The sound of something shattering behind that door made me jump and gasp loudly.

With a worried expression Dr.Kim glanced at me and we immediately walked towards the door that was yanked open by the police officer. Dr.Kim walked in after the Officer but I was glued at the doorway with widened eyes and a racing heart in fear.

My breath got stuck in my throat and time seemed to slow down like an awful horror movie. My eyes were so wide, it was burning to keep them open while looking at the scene unfolding in front of me.

The man in front of the windows was aggressively being yanked back by the police officer. The piece of glass he was about to throw at the windows slipped out of his hand and scattered into a million pieces with a gasp of mine and dark eyes that were piercing me with agony.

Eyes of betrayal, of scattered warmth and trust, of clenched love and pain.

I would always recognize them, that's what I thought.

With racing heartbeats and the rush of fear running through my blood I was staring at him in horror.
His hair had grown for years, it was dirty and long around his face, a face that was half covered by a dark beard almost as long as his hair.

I unconsciously held onto the doorframe to give my knees the support to stand while meeting the pair of eyes in between strands of dark hair. I didn't notice at first, but my whole body was shivering. Not because the scene was as grotesque as a splattering horror movie, but because I was staring at his eyes after so many years.

"Y/N" I flinched and trembled on the spot at the sound of his deep voice that echoed through the silent room. My bag slipped out of my hand and I was one step away from turning around and running out of this damned hospital. I wanted to run as long as I could, with my heels digging into my feet to remember the pain and run faster away from this reality.

As if he could hear my thoughts, he suddenly raised his head a little more, as if his soul just left his body he stumbled backwards and it was then when I noticed his full body that had barely anything left except for his remaining bones.

"Y/N" He breathed and it scratched my ears so painfully that I wanted to cry. He stumbled again and was about to collapse on the ground when the officer pulled him up and medical professionals rushed past me into the room while I was still standing at the doorway, trembling and staring at the sight of a man I no longer knew.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

With the help of the medical professionals, sedatives were inserted into Taehyung's IVF and he was cuffed to the bed for his own and Y/N's safety.

When the room went finally quiet after all the turmoil, Y/N was left alone with him in the room with Dr.Kim and the police officer waiting behind the door.

Y/N was silently sitting on a chair next to Taehyung's bed, her eyes glued on the devastating state of the sleeping man in front of her. His lips were almost invisible behind his long messy beard, but she was still able to see how chapped they were. His skin was dry and patchy, some faded scars that haven't been there before, were now etched to his skin.

The long hair was framing his face in long waves and his skin color looked tanned and almost burned by the sun. She gulped and ran her eyes down his thin frame to his hands next to him, her eyes widened while trying to stop herself from vomiting.

His fingernails were long and covered in dirt, they had turned brown and yellow, knobby scars were spread across his hand and knuckles.
He once had the most beautiful hands.

She lifted her head to the ceiling with a heavy breath and blinked her tears away, the shock was setting deep in her consciousness and she didn't know how to handle it. She decided to stand up, because she wasn't able to sit there any longer, because her heart was aching and he didn't deserve even the ache of her heart.

Without saying a word she silently turned on her heels and was about to walk out of that suffocating room when her whole body held in and shivered at the sound of the echo that filled the room.

He was awake.

Her heart started racing and suddenly every ounce of courage disappeared in thin air after realizing he's awake, maybe that's why she wanted to walk out before he was awake because she was afraid to face him alone.

"Y/N" His deep voice echoed again and vibrated through her whole body. She tightened her grip around her bag and tried to calm herself down. She had waited for this moment for all these years and she would face it, not because she had to, but because she owed it to herself.

"Is that you?" He sounded like he was on the verge of coughing, so raspy as if he hadn't talked in years. She shut her eyes and took deep steady breaths, she wasn't allowing her mind to think or re-live any memories. No, this was her now facing a man who did her wrong in so many ways.

She shook her head as her reply while still standing with her back to him and facing the door.

"It's you" He confirmed, agony whispering in his voice, all of a sudden her knees wanted to give in.

"I'm smelling you" The bed started rustling and she held her breath. She was turning into a trembling mess while her thoughts were knocking against her consciousness but she wasn't allowing them any access. Not a single emotion nor memory.

"Let me see your face just once Y/N" His deep voice was a beg at the verge of crying. A single tear escaped Y/N's eye without her realizing.

"Please let me see the face of my Y/N" He begged and it was evident he was rusting on the bed by pulling the cuffs around his hands and feet.

It suddenly felt like a nightmare coming to live.

His voice was blurring the lines between the present and the past in her mind. It was tempting. It was painful. And all she wanted him to do was to shut up and let her go.

"Once Y/N, let me see your beautiful face just once" His voice was trembling as strongly as her body. Her tears were running and burning her eyes, she didn't want to but she had learned to let them fall, it's okay.

"Please Y/N" This time it was a scratching whisper and it took all her being to wipe her tears away with a sniff before collecting herself and slowly turning around with a racing heartbeat and a stuck breath.

At the sight of her, his lips parted slowly and he took a deep shaky breath, as if he saw a ghost. "Y/N" He breathed out again and she nodded without looking into his eyes.

Taehyung might be the one cuffed to the bed but it was Y/N, who was cuffing herself away from the emotions that were scratching her insides.

With each step towards his bed, her breathing became heavier and the tears in her eyes more painful. She was restraining herself from looking into his eyes, she was punishing herself for feeling the way she was feeling.

While taking the seat next to him, he was silently admiring her with big eyes, like a little boy but with tears of agony swimming inside them.

Their memories of the past was playing like a faded movie in the back of the room and she couldn't stop the single tears.

When she reached the chair and sat down, he smelled her scent lingering in the air "My Y/N" he breathed out and started smiling. It was then when she allowed herself to lift her eyes and meet his gaze.

She held in her gasp, tears were streaming down his cheeks while she wiped her own away with her trembling hand. She was seconds away from breaking down, she couldn't hold back the restrains any longer, because once her eyes settled deep into his, painful daggers were digging into her flesh.

What has happened to him?

"I'm not imagining. It's your smell, it's you" His voice wasn't louder than a breath which made Y/N take a deep breath while she nodded and looked away. It was suffocating her because his eyes were still his eyes and they haven't changed.

"Why aren't you looking at me?" He suddenly cried and with the sound of his trembling cry, Y/N held her breath for a few seconds and tried every possible way to calm herself down but she couldn't hold it back anymore, she couldn't fight it anymore and instead she covered her face and broke down into hot tears.

"No no no no, NO, DON'T CRY. Shh, Shh! They will take you away from me! Don't cry my Y/N. Please don't cry." He begged while crying in despair.

"Taehyung" She cried out for the first time in almost four years while wiping her tears away and looking at him through her blurry vision. She was begging him to keep quiet, to not make it more difficult than it already was.

The room stood still, they both held their breaths while he was looking her in a paralyzed state with big eyes.
"Can you say it again?" He whispered, like a scared kid.

She looked at him in confusion through her wet lashes while taking deep breaths.

"My name" he added and she gulped while taking heavy breaths through her parted lips.

"Taehyung" she whispered and he slowly started smiling while another tears slipped down his eyes. He couldn't move his hands so he wiped his face against his shoulder and looked at her again.

"She's real" he confirmed breathed out "She's not an imagination" he nodded.

"Right?" He asked and Y/N frowned, her heart racing in worry while realizing there is something terribly wrong with him.

"I'm real Taehyung" her voice was shivering but the base was steady after slowly collecting herself.

"I know" he grinned and started laughing. She shivered again and it was then when she realized, his once polished, pearl white teeth were now yellow with a layer of dirt covering them. She clenched her eyes.

"Where have you been?" She finally asked the question after he calmed down. The question, that was always lingering in the air, while the shadow of his absence was hovering above them for the past 3 and a half years.

His eyes suddenly darkened and she gulped when his agony filled expression was suddenly filled with unreasonable anger. "Why are you acting like you weren't with me?" He growled deeply and she frowned.

"I wasn't" she answered, carefully watching his behavior.

"Stop lying! You're always with me!" his voice became suddenly louder as he tried pulling at the cuffs.

She started laughing in frustration, not believing her own ears. "Stop it!" He suddenly warned her "Why? Is the truth tasting bitter?" She arched an eyebrow and watched as his expression turned dark.

"It wasn't an imagination" He whispered painfully "I touched you, held you, through the rain, through the storms. I didn't eat anything, so you could have the food. I washed you. I kept you warm." He whispered in awe while staring ahead from her and Y/N gulped, her tears crawling back the longer she watched him behave this way.

She shook her head and a tear escaped her eyes again. His eyes were begging her to say what he wanted to hear and she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

He shook his head too and suddenly started screaming "You're lying!" He screamed and she watched him in trance while her tears were streaming painfully slow like the daggers through her skin.

"STOP LYING! STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT!" He started screaming like a maniac, trying to kick his feet.

Y/N stood up in shock and stumbled backwards as the nurses rushed in and Dr. Kim escorted Y/N out of the traumatizing room, down to the campus of the hospital.

~

Dr.Kim and Y/N were sitting outside of the hospital on a bench while she tried to calm herself down but there was this lump in her throat, itching her tears to fall until she finally gave in.

Dr.Kim silently patted her back, as she silently cried out the whole shock she just went through. The images of him were hauntingly traumatizing and she couldn't run away from them.

After a while Dr.Kim started slowly explaining about Taehyung's state and opening up the case to her, "They've found him in the mountains Y/N, the special army force found him near the military area." Y/N lifted her head and looked at him with parted lips, slowly putting the pieces together.

"Three and a half years of his life were spent in the mountains with other homeless people. The impact this experience can have on the human brain is severe." He explained and Y/N nodded her head in disbelief while looking at the reality of the present situation.

"Taehyung had already experienced an heavy past, we've talked through this, you know he was my patient at the age of 15 after his mother's suicide case and his father's abuse. Now imagine all this pain boiling up and then one day, his cousin abuses you in front of his eyes, then stabs him while he's trying to save you from the burning hut. The pain finally exploded in his brain and he chose to disappear. Actually, he didn't choose, that's what his primal instincts told him to do."

"Stabbed?" Her voice trembled as she looked up at him. Dr. Kim nodded before continuing "Kim Jongin stabbed him in the heat of their fight, then Taehyung ran into the burning hut and saved you."

"I didn't know it was him." She blinked in confusion. "At least that's what he's repeating all the time. It has to be investigated"

She listened silently "You have to know, he was being drugged in the mountains to survive up. He got it from other homeless people up there."

Y/N breathed out and ran a hand through her hair "Can he heal?" Her voice was shaking and Dr.Kim looked at her in worry.

"He can and he will but it takes time." Dr.Kim explained and Y/N nodded, her mind was a mess.

"He's only been saying your name since they've found him. Screaming the whole hospital down" He said and she looked up at him through her wet lashes.

She didn't say anything "He believes both of you have escaped and lived in the mountains together"

She shook her head, recalling Taehyung's words from earlier "That's pure madness" she said while exhaling. Her chest was heavy and her head was throbbing in pain.

"What are your thoughts Y/N? Talk to me, I'm also your therapist." Dr.Kim turned towards Y/N while she was trying to collect herself.

"You know Doctor, for the past three years no one spoke about him in my presence. He was like a forgotten memory lingering around every trial. Through our therapy sessions I was able to heal whatever the damage these two men had caused me. The truth is, I didn't even allow myself to miss him, not to mention even cry for him. I kept it all in here" She tapped her chest, right above her heart while glancing at the forest across from them.

He nodded proudly at her emotional development throughout the healing journey to reach this point, where she's so sorted out to speak this openly about everything, with a clear and objective mind.

"Today it felt like my heart exploded with all that I kept trying to push away." She took a deep breath before continuing, scenes of their encounter flashing before her eyes "Sadly the truth is, my heart broke when I saw him today, his state shocked me beyond explanation, Doctor. I suddenly felt like an orphan in this room all over again and I don't know why." A tear rolled down her cheek, her emotions were all over the place.

"Sometimes the grasp or the tiniest hope of a reunion keeps us steady but when it's overcompensated in a way that the reality is almost horrific, it'll feel like the ground you were walking on has been suddenly wiped off your feet. In a way, you've explained it, you'll feel like an orphan because the reality seems beyond repair. Beyond that tiniest hope"

She nodded and leaned back at the bench while brushing over her thighs absentmindedly.

"All of you went through your toughest times in the past three years, but this one is different. It'll take time for him to heal, unless his love for you comes in between" She turned her head at him in confusion as a chill ran down her spine.

"What do you mean Doctor? That's not love, that's stupid madness! No man let's the woman he claims to love get abused in front of his eyes." She looked at him suddenly in rage, old emotion creeping back, she could feel it.

"Let me explain this for you Y/N, his case is very sensitive and severe. In cases where the cognitive abilities are abused by drugs and deep psychological trauma roots are in play, the patient holds only onto that one thing that kept him emotionally sane. In this case, it's the mad love and the imagination of you that lived with him. Look, his case shows symptoms of schizophrenia, these patients can be tricked by their imaginations. It's really severe Y/N, be aware of that. There is the possibility of him to do anything in order to be with his love." He rubbed his hands together. The silence was heavy to hold and bare.

"His understanding of love is what he has learned from his caregivers, it's messed up and disgusting. He knew that and tried to fight against it. His mind was in a constant battle between right or wrong, he couldn't differentiate it, but i'm not the one to tell you his story, it's him and he owes that to you and the law. He'll explain himself like a man and he'll be begging you for forgiveness, but in order to be capable of doing that, he needs to heal." The silence was resting heavy on Y/N's shoulders while trying to grasp what Dr.Kim was trying to tell her.

"Is there anything I can do?" She asked a little hesitant.

Dr. Kim looked at her with a proud smile "There is. By becoming the imagination. An imagination doesn't have a heartbeat, an imagination doesn't smell, but his head can make it up. When reality meets the imagination, obviously the reality will overpower him. The key is to trick the mind, the Y/N in reality will tell him you're crazy, but the imagination loves him madly."

She looked at him with widened eyes "I'll not do that Doctor." She said determined by her decision and he nodded. "I know that, I wouldn't allow it either" He smiled.

"Do you still love him?" He asked suddenly and she looked at him in shock. Her heart suddenly racing in fear.

"Why would you ask that, isn't it obvious that I don't?" She replied while blinking at him.

He smiled "It's not" he said and she gasped in terror "Doctor!" She was about to stand up when he calmly placed his hand on her shoulder and softly pulled her against him so she could rest her head on his chest while he patted her head.

They both engulfed into the silence, the unspoken words heavy in the air while she shut her eyes to escape Taehyung's images.

After a while Dr.Kim broke the soothing silence "You can always visit him if you want Y/N" He said and she took a while before answering.

"I'll think about it." She answered and Dr.Kim smiled knowingly while looking up at the hospital at Taehyung's window, finding his silhouette cuffed to the bed before looking down at Y/N and realizing both of their similarities.

They were both punishing themselves.

~

Taehyung was standing in front of the windows of his room in the hospital, with his palm pressed against the the window, he watched the snow gradually falling.

It's been 31 days, he's been counting. 31 days since he saw Y/N.

They cut his hair and shaved his beard. He had been taking care of his skin, his nails, his teeth and hygiene for Y/N. But she wasn't coming.

The day Dr.Kim held a mirror in front of Taehyung's eyes, was the day he realized the weight of his crucial Reality. He fell on his knees, begging Dr.Kim to help him bring her back.

"Nothing is going to be how it was" Dr.Kim had said to him "And it shouldn't. If you really want her back, this time, do it with honesty, get the treatment you need and become the man she deserves. You have to work really hard Taehyung, it won't be easy but it'll be worth it. She deserves the world, I hope you know that. If not, I'll make you know it." After Dr.Kim's words all he did was trying, every single day.

The knocking on the door made him flinch "Y/N?" He whispered looking through the window glasses but his hoped quickly died down, when he heard Dr.Kim step inside.

He turned around and met Dr.Kim who looked at him with a proud smile after seeing his physical transformation. "Are you ready my son?" He asked him warmly and Taehyung's eyes dwelled in tears while nodding.

"I'm-" he took a deep breath, her imagination clear "I'm ready" he nodded with determination to himself.

"Then shall we? The medical team is already waiting for you" Taehyung slowly grabbed his bag and walked towards Dr.Kim. His body craving the drug and his heart clenching for Y/N. He sniffed and wiped his eyes while Dr.Kim caressed his back.

"Be strong my boy, the future is yours." Taehyung nodded before glancing at his mentor and guidance "She will come, right? You promised" Taehyung's teary eyes were begging and the heart of Woobin shattered seeing him so devastated for Y/N.

"If God will, she'll come" At this Taehyung lowered his head, not being able to say a word anymore and walking down the empty corridor with the pain sitting deep in his chest.

The ride to the rehabilitation Hospital of Seoul was tough for Taehyung, his body started to show severe withdrawal symptoms now that he wasn't on the IVF the hospital regularly put him on to calm him down.

The anxiety was creeping in and he started feeling restless. Impatiently moving on his seat, the feeling of uneasiness was settling in. Cold sweat started covering his forehead, his mind and body were rebelling against his reality.

He was burning while hitching for breath when he all of a started screaming in the car as the pain pierced through his body like a storm, his scream echoed of pain, severe and deep pain. He kept his hands next to his ears while crumbling in pain. A single tear rolled down the side of his nose while his veins were sticking out on his face and neck while he was fighting against the ache in his body.

He was immediately rushed to the rehab after arriving on the parking lot, the medical team was already awaiting the man of the mountains as they called him.

Dr.Kim was standing in the back when Taehyung's lifeless body was rushed in. He ran his hand over his face to cover the tear that had escaped the eye of the man who had over 15 years of experience in this field but never experienced someone's story so deeply before.

~

With the arrival of Lawyer Kang Haneul, Dr. Kim Woobin and the medical professionals of the rehabilitation hospital started discussing Taehyung's case.

"After intense discussions we decided to divide Taehyung's treatment, which step by step has to be brought forward depending on his progress. We'll start with his Detoxification in the initial phase of his treatment. This will help to get rid of any poisonous substance in his body and basically detox him completely. This has to be combined with MAT, also known as the Medication Assisted Treatment. He'll be prescribed medications that'll help him to manage the cravings which will definitely occur after the detoxification. Dr. Kim supports us with Taehyung's psychotherapy including group counseling. It's very important to also include the educational aspect, to make him understand the nature of an addiction and what it can cause to his life and how to succeed in a long term recovery. Of course, physical activities are also a major part of hisrecovery plan, he'll be assisted in this too." The head of the Rehabilitation Hospital explained.

"Is there a possibility to have Miss Y/N with us?" He asked and Lawyer Kang and Dr. Kim exchanged glances before Kim spoke "I'm not sure Doctor. The history they've shared had a very negative impact on Y/N's mental health. She needed to go through a lot of therapy and deep healing to be able to put the past behind." Dr.Kim explained to them and they nodded.

"We surely understand and respect her situation but we also don't think he can go through this without her, at least not emotionally. We've had many patients in the past but the way his mind and body craves her, it's as if she has been the one drugging him, I haven't seen anything like this before. His symptoms literally cool down in a snap with the mention of her name." Said one of the doctors, the only female in the team.

"As Dr. Kim knows, loved one's and family members play an immense role in the improvement of the patient. If not, it's the most important part of the rehab treatment. The emotional security, that's what the patient needs the most when the first symptoms of withdrawal appear. In fact, most of the cases we take care of, originate from weak family dynamics and the lack of an emotional supportive environment. We'd really appreciate it, if you could get in touch with her just once, in case she changes her mind."

"I'll do that" Dr. Kim assured them and the Doctors face lit up in gratitude.

"What about his family members? Have they been informed?" The head of the hospital asked Lawyer Kang.

"He has a sister who's in coma in the US and his father has sadly cut off any relation he has with Taehyung after the death of his wife. He only supports Taehyung financially but doesn't want to know anything related to Taehyung. His daughter is under his care but from what I've heard from Dr. Kim, his father is very abusive. I'll try my best to connect to Mr. Kim." Lawyer Kang explained.

"That would be great. Maybe we can succeed and bring the siblings together. They both need each other."

"I always wonder, how a parent can fail so pathetically." Dr.Kim sighed and shook his head.

"And that's the outcome, the wife's committed suicide and the children are in medical care." The lawyer said and the others agreed silently, everyone deep in their thoughts.

"I'll try my best to get the law of the US involved in this case. The father will definitely face the consequences of his crimes, if it can be proven that he hit his daughter to coma."

"Thank you Lawyer Kang!"

"No mention sir, that's all I work for. How is our soldier?" Lawyer Kang asked.

"He's been put to sleep, we went through the first hypnotherapy which was a lot for his weak body to take. The heavy withdrawal symptoms will begin soon, it's going to be very hard but he's going to be fine. He's in good hands here, you can have my word."

"Never doubted that" Dr. Kim patted the Doctor's shoulder warmly.

"We'll stay in touch!" The medical professionals said goodbye to both of them and disappeared into the corridor while Dr. Kim and Lawyer Kang walked towards the parking lot and continued talking about the case.

~

In a half conscious state, Taehyung's body twitched unconsciously. The weight on his eyelids heavy, making it difficult for him to even open them the slightest. The bright and harsh light hit into his eyes as he managed to slowly crack them open. His dry throat was all he registered first until a few seconds later he could fully sense his body.

A sudden burn internally started spreading through his whole body, making him feel his itching and aching limbs. When he tried to move his body, he found his  arms and legs fastened to the bed, which immediately triggered a sense of angst inside him.

His body reacted rapidly and jolted forwards, pain was scratching the insides of his skin and his veins were visibly noticeable when he started to pull on the strings attached to his hands.

The withdrawal symptoms were beginning to struck him like a storm and turning him into a possessed man. His body aggressively jolted forwards and fell hard back on the bed, flinching from left to right, the pain was eating him alive, as if acid was being poured into the open flesh wounds on his body.

His movements became slowly demonic the more the pain started to spread like venom through his body and turned the room into an orchestra hall of his ear piercing screams.

Despite the whole chaos, the only thing that escaped his bleeding lips was Y/N's name, like a desperate prayer and a plea for solace in the midst of the torment he was facing. His eyes were wide and bloodshot and his screams were reaching a pitch that chilled the halls of the Rehabilitation Center.

Each painful twist of his body seemed to replay the agony of the day Y/N was torn from him by destiny, by Jongin, by himself.

As the nurses rushed in he became even more erratic. In his possessed state, all he managed to do was to say what he needed in desperate cries "My-" he breathed out "BAG!" He screamed and his back hit the bed again. His eyes darting around the room, searching for his bag.

The Nurses responded quickly and tried to decipher his aggressive pleas. The whole dark atmosphere of the room intensified even more when Taehyung suddenly screamed "BRING MY BAG!"

One of the nurses hurried to retrieve his bag from his closet "The fabric!" He babbled as he was being pushed against the bed by the security. Layers of sweat were covering Taehyung's body as the nurse fumbled to unzip the bag, she hurriedly searched for that one piece of carefully hidden fabric, while the anticipation was rising in the room.

She grabbed the fabric which seemed to belong to a woman's dress. The moment the fabric emerged, the fabric which once carried the scent of Y/N, something shifted in the room's energy.

With a nod to the security, the nurse carefully freed one of his arms, his bloodshot eyes fixated on the piece of the dress as he grabbed it from her and brought it close to his nose, inhaling deeply as if trying to consume the love he had lost with his own hands.

And then finally, the demonic convulsions of his body seemed to fade away, replaced by a slow, rhythmic rocking as if he found refuge in the familiar scent that only existed in his mind and not in reality.

The room that was just filled with the haunting echoes of his screams was now keeping a silence as the nurses observed his transformation in awe, using the opportunity to inject his medications into his blood before the Doctor rushed in and exchanged glances with his nurses.

As Taehyung continued to breathe in the scent, he slowly seemed to calm down. The intensity of his cries softened into whimpers and he clung to the fabric as if his life was dependent on it.

In that surreal moment the scent of Y/N's dress became his anchor. The nurses held their breath and the Doctor watched as Taehyung's withdrawal mania slowly gave way to a fragile serenity.

The Doctor shook his head "If only there was a medical treatment to heal the heart's unrequited love" he spoke out what everyone in the room thought aswell before quietly leaving the room with a soft smile on his face.

In the aftermath of Taehyung's episode, he clutched the fabric close to his chest like a child seeking for warmth but slowly the weight of regret started settling on him, like way too many times the feeling began to suffocate him.

He out of nowhere pounded his free fist against the cold wall. The nurse shrieked in shock.

The weight of the wrongdoings he had inflicted upon Y/N was suddenly eating him alive as the withdrawal symptoms faded away.

With his forehead resting against the cold broken wall, he started crying. His screams took on a different tone, they started reflecting the guilt that was crawling up his consciousness. Bitter tears were rolling down his clenched eyes and yet amidst the tumult of emotions, the scent of her dress lingered as a reminder in his fist.

In the dim light of the hospital room, Taehyung's  pounds of his regrets against the wall continued one after another.

The nurses standing at a respectful distance, witnessed the raw vulnerability of a man confronting the consequences of his actions, trying to find solace in the scent of love and regret intertwined in the fabric he clutched so desperately to his heart.

"Y/N!" With a last punch he screamed her name out and started crying like a baby while holding onto the wall and scratching it as if he was trying to scratch his inner guilt away.

ONE YEAR LATER

In the cozy glow of the orphanage, decorated with christmas lights, a sweet little girl caught Y/N's attention.

"Y/N Unnie?" With eyes filled with curiosity and a shy smile on her lips, the girl named Jiyeon approached Y/N with a colorful book in her hands.

Y/N smiled at the beautiful little girl and knelt down to meet her at eye level. Jiyeon smiled and shyly asked her to read the book with her. Y/N immediately felt a warmth in her heart as she took the book from her small hands.

In the quiet chapter of Y/N's life, she found fulfillment in spending time at the orphanage. The laughter of the children filled her heart with nothing but warmth of the children's joy. For her, this wasn't just a volunteer commitment, it became a sanctuary, a place where she discovered purpose in making a difference.

Y/N found peace in the simplicity of storytelling, playing games and helping with homeworks. Y/N loved listening to their stories, wiping away their tears and celebrate the small victories that often went unnoticed. Overtime she had become a steady presence, a pillar of support for the little children. An older sister they never had, like a fairy just without the wings.

Together, Y/N and Jiyeon found a cozy corner and glanced at the snowflakes and twinkling lights of the book cover. While being surrounded by faint holiday melodies playing in the background, Y/N began to read. The pages came slowly alive with tales of snowy landscapes, reindeers and the timeless joy of giving.

Jiyeon's eyes widened with each turn of the page, captivated by the festive scenes painted by the author's words. For Jiyeon, the room suddenly transformed into a winter wonderland and the words suddenly formed a cozy cocoon around them.

Y/N and Jiyeon shared smiles, their giggles blending with the melody of the season. The little girl's excitement was contagious and Y/N found herself slowly immersed not only in the story but also in the pure delight radiating from Jiyeon's beautiful spirit.

As they reached the end of the christmas tale, Jiyeon hugged the book tightly in her tiny arms. Her eyes were reflecting the magic of the story, which made Y/N smile at her and place a soft kiss on Jiyeon's head.

"Thank you Unnie! You're the best" Jiyeon jumped excitedly. "You're the bestest, my dear" Y/N smiled at her like a proud sister, she never experienced to be. As the story's magic lingered in the air, Jiyeon stood up and ran to her friends to recite the tale to each of them.

Captivated by the magical joy of the children, her phone suddenly started ringing. She smiled at the name and answered before Dr. Kim's voice sounded through the speaker.

"I'm right outside, take a look out of the window."

Confused, Y/N approached the window and there beneath the glow of the Christmas lights was Dr. Kim, his expression filled with kindness and gestured for her to come outside.

Y/N nodded and before she was able to put on her elegant coat, the children in the orphanage noticed her movement and came running to her. Small sized footsteps echoed and Y/N couldn't help but laugh as they gathered around her, their eyes wide with curiosity.

Y/N knelt down to their height, a smile gracing her lips "This is Dr. Kim" She explained and pointed towards him through the window.

"He's like a father to me and a doctor for our brains. Just like we need doctors for our injuries, our hearts and our bodies, we also need someone to check and care for our brains now and then."

Dr. Kim greeted the children warmly and they waved back at him, their faces a mix of fascination and understanding. Y/N smiled and stood up, caressing over their heads and signaling to her colleague that she's about to leave.

As they drove away from the orphanage, the twinkling lights faded in the distance, Y/N's mind stayed stuck with the children's pure spirit.

"How are you my daughter?" Dr. Kim broke the silence and Y/N chuckled "I'm good sir, how are you? How's Mina-sshi?" She asked about his wife, which she hasn't seen in a very long time.

"We are all well, she sent you warm greetings and told me to tell you, that she's awaiting you over the holidays and doesn't accept a no" He smiled and Y/N laughed.

"I really adore her, thank you for the invite. I'll let you know." Dr. Kim nodded with a warm smile as they drove through the snow. "So what's the plan Doctor? Where are we going?" She asked curiously.

"To meet someone who's awaiting you for a very long time." Dr. Kim explained and Y/N's heart sank.

"Doctor, I would have appreciated it if you had told me this beforehand. You know how I feel about this" She stared at him but her heart was suddenly racing.

"That's true. I should've informed you beforehand, and I'm sorry about that. But I know you very well, Y/N. There would be no chance you would've agreed to this" he said and glanced back at her.

"Who says I'm agreeing to this right now? What if I don't want to visit him?" She retorted and tension slowly filled the car.

"If that's the case then I'll drive you home, right now" He said as he prepared to turn the car around, to gesture her that he honors her wishes but she stayed silent.

"Is that a yes?" He asked and Y/N turned her head away, watching the snow-laden landscape with silent anticipation within her.

The car made a gentle U-turn, retracing its path through the snowy landscape, Y/N remained silent while listening to the fog of the conflicting emotions inside her.

Dr. Kim sensed her internal struggle and decided to maintain the silence while the snowflakes outside the window were dancing in the dimming light. Yet as they neared Y/N's new apartment, she found herself caught contemplating. Her heart was pounding against her chest and in that second she decided to make up her mind, maybe she already did but wasn't brave enough to escape the unspoken words.

"No" she finally spoke, her voice was steady but he knew her better to hear out the vulnerability. "I want to see him" she almost whispered the last part. Was it just a curiosity that had built a nest inside her mind for the year? Or was it the legal part she wanted to get over with that made her take this decision?

A subtle smile played on Dr. Kim's lips as he continued driving through the wintry landscape. Y/N hid her smile while the snow suddenly seemed to soften and despite the uncertainties inside her she decided to go with her gut feeling. It's been long enough.

"He's shown remarkable progress." He broke the silence, making her turn her head towards him.

"His treatment is crucial and demands a lot of strength and patience from him but he's fighting with all he has." Dr. Kim smiled proudly and Y/N gulped while glancing at the scenery.

"Don't get scared if he seems very weak. He's not eating properly." He explained and Y/N blinked in a worry she didn't want to admit.

"Why?" The words slipped between her mouth, faster than she could register.

Dr. Kim took a heavy breath "All he says is, Y/N needs the food, I get full just by looking at her eat." She blinked before looking at him with shock "He still sees an imagination?" She asked, her voice almost trembling.

Dr. Kim shook his head "Not anymore, he just puts the food aside, in case you're there." Y/N licked over her lips, the shock sitting deep in her mind.

"What is this Doctor?" She decided to ask the question that kept burning her mind whenever she thought about Taehyung.

"What do you mean?" He asked, genuinely curious to find out.

"Is this really love?" She asked, her heart suddenly skipping a beat, she clenched her hands which he noticed.

He smiled "See for yourself and find out my dear" He answered with a grin and she gulped before looking out of the windows again and biting her lower lip.

The past year flew by in a blink of an eye, from getting her college degree to sending Jisoo off to Busan to continue her masters and watching Jimin and the other boys grow their companies, peace has been settled into their lives. Sometimes, it's as if it the past didn't even happen but for most of the times when Y/N visits Soyeon's grave, she can't help but look back at their journey.

Their bond holds them together and gives them the warmth of a family most of them couldn't experience. They find solitude within another and a sense of understanding only they get to have within their bond.

After Taehyung's arrival, Jimin was about to set the hospital on fire. It was, as if the past had been crawling back into their realities, but this time they were stronger, they were grown and better. Dr.Kim talked them through everything and they put the decision into Y/N's hands. The case was still open and the law was awaiting Taehyung's trial once half of his medical treatments would be over.

In between shared moments, Y/N could still feel Jimin's gazes lingering a little longer on her, even after so many years. She had tried, she genuinely tried to make it happen and fall for Jimin but she couldn't. She already knew the answer to her unspoken words, but she kept on punishing herself for words her heart was trying to say but she didn't want to hear, not in three years and not in almost five years.

But today she was ready to face it and see it herself, what are these unspoken words and will they stop once she faces him?

~

Dr.Kim guided Y/N through the Rehabilitation center while explaining to her the different facilities within the center. She was genuinely interested in the patients and couldn't help her curiosity while sneaking glances into the open rooms.

With each step closer to Taehyung's room, her breathing became heavier and her heartbeats faster. Does he still look the same? Did they cut his hair?

The questions were racing through her mind until they stopped in front of a door at the rather end of the corridor. She was expecting loud screams again but it was completely quiet. She glanced up at Dr.Kim whose eyes were already watching her curiously.

"I'll go in first and then call you, okay?" He glanced at her and she nodded "Okay" She smiled and stepped aside.

He knocked at door and stepped in but didn't shut the door. Y/N leaned her back against the wall next to his door and listened carefully with racing heartbeats.

The sound of their voices were muffled while she glanced at her nails, keeping her mind busy until Dr.Kim's head peaked out and with his index against his lips, he signaled her to be quiet while walking in. She nodded and took a deep breath. Her steps suddenly felt even heavier than a year ago, when she first met him in the hospital.

Taehyung was standing at the right side of the room when she stepped in. Her heart almost jumped out of her chest when she glanced at him, at the way they had cut his hair and shaved his beard off. At the way he seemed to look like the old Taehyung but he didn't.

His eyes were shut, clenched tightly even while she slowly stepped forward in confusion. She looked back at Dr.Kim but he blinked warmly to keep her calm.

She nodded and when she was finally standing across from him, with a wide distance between them, it took al lot of fighting to not run down the memory lane.

All she had to do was remind herself that the past doesn't exist and they're in the present.

"Why can't i open my eyes? Why cant i see her?" His voice sounded and she shivered on the spot.

"You can my son, you just don't want to. You're scared not to find her here" Dr.Kim answered and Y/N's eyes softened.

Taehyung stayed silent and Y/N slowly stepped forward, her body wasn't trembling anymore. It reminded her of the days when his eyes were her world, the warmth that fulfilled her and kept her safe from the world she feared.

"I can smell her, it's my Y/N" his voice trembled while she took another curious yet brave step towards him.

He gently raised his hand to touch her but she flinched in shock and he held in, taking a step back, his eyes still shut.

"Not touching" he babbled "I-I'm not like him" he whispered "i-i promise i'm n-not like them" he pleaded and Y/N's eyes widened. She gulped down the lump in her throat and glanced at Dr.Kim who gave her a patient nod.

Taehyung's hands went up to the brown cardigan which was placed on his shoulders. He slowly pulled it down, his hands were visibly shaking. He made a small step forward before lifting the cardigan and gently placing the cardigan around Y/N's tender shoulders.

She lifted her face and placed her hand on her mouth, suddenly overwhelmed by all her emotions that kept her at the verge of crying.

Taehyung stepped back and turned around, step by step, lowering his head, with his eyes shut he was about to leave the room when Y/N's voice filled the room.

"Taehyung." Her voice almost paused the room.

Taehyung held in his steps, slowly raising his head and shaking it in disbelief before cracking his eyes open. He couldn't believe his own ears.

Y/N wiped a tear away and took a deep breath. Taehyung slowly dared to turn around bit by bit. He could feel his heart racing, his mind not registering the reality.

When his body fully turned around and their eyes met after what felt like an eternity of life, with a loud thud he fell on his knees.

Y/N screamed in fear, not knowing what to do Dr. Kim rushed to Taehyung and tried to pick him up but Taehyung refused.

"F-Forgive me" Taehyung's deep voice cracked with tremble and her eyes widened. With his palm on the ground, his head lowered and his body weakly hanging over his arms, he was pleading.

Y/N looked up at the ceiling, fighting her emotions while not being able to see him in this state.

"P-Please forgive me Y/N" He cried. His body scrambling on the floor, his voice breaking with his plea.

"Forgive me" He whispered, single tears slowly running down his face. Y/N wiped her tears away, oxygen not reaching her lungs. She walked forward while looking at the man she once loved, broken in pieces.

She looked at Dr. Kim, she was also scared and vulnerable and needed guidance. He nodded at her with a smile before slowly turning around and leaving the room while wiping his hand over his wet eyes.

Y/N walked towards him, each step reminding her of the last moment they shared in the hut together before the downfall. The last kiss, the last glances and promises. She held in, snapping back into reality.

She slowly knelt down, "Taehyung" she whispered, tears falling. She placed her trembling hands on his weak shoulders, he immediately flinched under her touch. It was the first time she was touching him after four years and nine months. He held in, a momentary silence filled the room before he slowly lifted his head.

His face streamed with tears, he looked at her through wet lashes "I forgave you a very long time ago" she said and gulped. He shook his head, not being able to look into her eyes. She silently pressed her forehead against his shoulder while his upper body was still bowing on the ground. He started shaking under her touch and she dared to do something she never thought she will one day. She never thought that one day, the tables would have turn in such way that she would need to calm him down.

She lifted her trembling arms and wrapped them around his shaking shoulders. He silently started sobbing, his forehead on the tip of her knees while shaking in her arms.

"I-I'm sorry" He sobbed and she shut her eyes. "Forgive me" he begged over and over again while Y/N stayed silent and only caressed his back while her head was resting on his back.

After minutes that felt like hours he slowly calmed down and lifted his head. Her arms fell weakly on her sides when his red teary eyes met her gaze. The sun that was hitting on the snow outside the windows, was reflecting into his eyes and turning his eyes in whiskey colored gazes that made her hold her breath.

With his tender fingers he searched for something inside the pockets of his hospital gown, till he finally slipped out a piece of fabric. Y/N blinked, not knowing what it was.

He held it in front of her "Yours" He whispered and she blinked before the realization hit her. It was the dress she wore in the night of the burning hut.

She gently grabbed it from him and traced the fabric, her mind tried to think of the memories but she stopped herself and placed the fabric back into his trembling hands.

He looked up at her and when their eyes met the world seemed to stop around them. He tilted his head to the side, admiring her beauty his eyes could never get used to.

"Will you show me around?" She suddenly asked him and his eyes widened in shock. His lips parted, he licked over them before nodding immediately and standing up after her.

With a hand move he gestured for her to step forward and she did but she held in "It's snowing, you'll freeze" she said and panicked a bit before rushing in but he stopped her.

"I've lived in the mountains" He whispered "You being here next to me, keeps me warm" he slowly looked up at her but she kept her eyes low, hiding her sudden blush.

Y/N nodded and they both stepped out of the room. She couldn't believe anything that was happening.
While slowly walking next to each other down the empty hallway, Y/N found herself silently praying for his betterment.

At the sound of a sudden scream coming out of a room, Y/N flinched in fear and Taehyung reacted immediately and put his arm protectively in front of Y/N. "Don't be scared. That's normal here" He said to her before taking his arm away. Y/N looked up, silently searching for his eyes and when they met, Taehyung froze, he did that every time their eyes locked.

They continued walking but kept their pace slow, Taehyung's steps were weak but he tried his best to cover it up. He didn't want to look weak, he wanted to be the strongest man for the woman who was walking next to him, that made it hard for him to believe it was real.

"I'm hungry" Y/N suddenly said, remembering Dr. Kim's words from the car ride. She almost shut her eyes in embarrassment, she was acting like a teenager all over again.

"Can we eat somewhere?" She added and looked at him, his eyes were gleaming with longing whenever he looked at her, now she realized.

He nodded, shock visible in his eyes while slowly leading the way. Y/N's fingers unconsciously reaching for his cardigan around her shoulders and pulling it closer.

Sounds of cutlery and different tone of voices could be heard from the Cafeteria they were walking towards. Y/N gulped nervously, what would await her inside that hall? She was nervous in this foreign facility but somehow with Taehyung out of all people by her side, she felt comfortable.

"Here" He said as they almost reached the cafeteria and she nodded "Will you eat with me?" She asked and he lowered his head "You can have my food" He said but she shook her head.

"Eat with me Taehyung" She said and his eyes widened, lips opening to say something but no words were coming out.

"No, no you need food" He tiredly shook his head, desperately in need for enriching food.

"I won't eat if you don't eat with me"

When they entered the cafeteria, suddenly all eyeballs turned towards them and silence filled the hall. It didn't affect Y/N's confident demeanor, she looked at the people staring at them one by one acknowledging them all. Her heart sank seeing the patients, their state resembled Taehyung, some worse some better.

The nurses smiled at her, their eyes wide, almost not believing what they were seeing. Y/N wondered if they were aware of their story.

"They're shameless" Taehyung suddenly said and Y/N couldn't help but chuckle because it was so unexpected of him. "Why?" she asked laughing.

"How they're staring" he said and she smiled while they slowly walked towards an empty table.

"Why? Can't they?" She arched an eyebrow and he shook his head "They can't" A statement.

With a smile she sat down at the stool Taehyung pulled out for her and watched as he slowly took the place across from her. One of the nurses immediately brought them the menu they had for the day and Y/N thanked her.

Taehyung kept silent, his tired eyes fixated on Y/N entirely.

"Nice to meet you, you must be Y/N, right?" The nurse asked her politely and Y/N nodded with a smile "Nice to meet you too. Do we know each other?" Y/N asked and the nurse smiled.

"Everyone has been waiting to meet the Y/N of our Taehyung and trust me when I say we just collectively had a fan moment right now" she said and Y/N started laughing. Taehyung's head immediately shot up and his eyes found Y/N laughing. His lips parted in awe at the sound of her laugh and expressions. He was madly pulled into a trance he never wanted to stop.

"I appreciate it, thank you" Y/N smiled and with a little bow the nurse disappeared and left them alone at the end of the cafeteria where they've been sitting.

With a glance at Taehyung she looked at the food, at the kimchi-jjigae and the rice along with a dessert. Taehyung wasn't paying attention to the food at all, his eyes were only on Y/N.

She held in and looked into his eyes which seemed to fall asleep any moment soon. When she stood up he suddenly flinched and panic made itself visible in his eyes. She walked over the table and set next to him. His eyes grew wide in shock, silently he watched her pour the Kimchi-jjigae along with some rice in to a bowl and put some on a spoon, blowing softly on it before holding it in front of Taehyung.

His eyes darkened and he immediately shook his head "Taehyung, please" she said and his face turned pale. He couldn't comprehend the word that came out of her mouth. In trance he gave in and took the spoon from her and ate the portion. When the warmth of the food spread inside his mouth, his eyes started shimmering while chewing. Y/N smiled and nodded slowly.

Y/N'S POV

We were sitting on a couch in the relaxing area of the Rehabilitation hospital after I gave my best to make him eat the portion. I could sense the tiredness setting in after he was full, his lids slowly shutting.

I silently patted my lap, infected by the sleep he slowly placed his head on my lap, that was the second, the tears I kept away started flowing.

Four years ago, I believed the day I would ever see Taehyung again is going to be in court and all I would ever feel was going to be hatred, there was no other option. There was no other way this story could unfold. There could be no other explanation.

I dared to run my hand through his soft hair and shut my eyes, letting the tears fall. The more I thought about today, the more my heart hurt.

Taehyung started moving on my lap and I placed my other hand on my mouth to keep my sobs shut but he was quick to realize and immediately sat up.

"W-What's wrong?" He was scared for me, his tired eyes had angst reflecting in them.

"Nothing" I breathed out with a smile but when I looked into his pain filled eyes, I couldn't help the tears.

The realization hit me that day, i still love this man.
I allowed to hear the unspoken words my heart was trying to tell me all along.

"What did happen to you Taehyung?" I sobbed and stared at the man who looked nothing like before.

"Will you tell me everything?" I asked and his eyes seemed troubled but he nodded "I've written everything down. I'll give it to you but-" he gulped and looked into my eyes "I'm scared to never see you again" he said in a whisper "i'll die"

My tears were a mess at this point, his eyes widened and he lifted his trembling hand to touch my cheek in trance but when he snapped into reality he stopped himself.

At the sound of steps coming towards us we turned around and saw Dr. Kim approaching us. He smiled warmly and sat across from us.

"It's time for Y/N to go home, my boy" He said and I looked at Taehyung.

He looked at me and then at Dr. Kim before nodding. "Can I have something before you take her?" He asked with a lump in his throat. I exchanged glances with Dr. Kim and nodded.

"What do you want son?"

Taehyung looked at me and pointed at my shirt. "A piece of the fabric" my heart sank.

"But why?" He asked in confusion.

"If she decides to never come back, I want to keep a piece of her, to smell her, imagine her, and spent the rest of my days with her memories" He said and I quickly wiped my tear away.

"This time, I'm keeping a piece of you" I said and pointed towards the cardigan around my shoulders and his eyes carried the longing while looking at me again and my heart started racing.

"I see, it's been not even three hours since she's been here but he improved more than he did in the last 6 months" Dr.Kim said and I hid my smile.

They called Taehyung back into his room and we heavy heartedly accompanied him down the hallway. His shoulders hung low, he didn't say anything. Muffled screams could be heard from single rooms and I flinched everytime, moving closer to Taehyung. He noticed it while glancing over his shoulders and I smiled when I realized he was walking in front of me to make me feel protected.

The nurses, another Doctor and Dr. Kim were talking in front of us and disappeared behind the rooms while we were silently walking next to each other. There was this uneasiness in my chest I couldn't explain, but when he slowed his steps my heart sank. When we reached his room the unspoken words of were lingering in the air, it was time to say goodbye.

He slowly raised his head and a tear rolled down my cheek, I didn't know what was happening to me and why I couldn't stop tearing up while looking at him.

"Don't cry" He begged, his own tears gleaming with tears.

"Why did you leave Taehyung?" I asked the question i didn't dare the whole day.

"Why did you leave and did this to yourself hmn?"

"Why would you punish yourself?" I grabbed his collar, he flinched under my touch.

"I'm sorry" His deep voice not less than a whisper while I was pulling his collar "Stop being sorry!" My trembling voice got louder.

"Heal Taehyung, get better and leave that stupid past behind. I did too" I said almost repeating the words he once told me.

I hung onto him, finally realizing the words Dr. Kim once told me,

"You and him are like one soul separated in two bodies. If you watch carefully, you'll notice how similar you are. Whatever you've experienced, he did too, in a different dimension."

"I have to go" I whispered, the words cut my tongue sharply.

"Don't" He whispered

"They are waiting for you" I said, not wanting to go either.

"Mr. Kim, it's time" The voice of the Doctor sounded but Taehyung didn't pay attention.

"Taehyung" I whispered but he shook his head, plea in his eyes.

The nurse tried to touch him, when his angry growl suddenly shook up the whole hallway.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" I flinched while he warningly lifted his index at the shocked nurse.

"I'm sorry sir, but the Doctor is waiting for you" She bowed and took a step back.

"Can I get five more minutes?" I asked the nurse and she looked at the Doctor and Dr.Kim who were standing outside the room and nodded at me.

I smiled and looked at Taehyung "Come" i whispered and we walked into his room. His expression was confused when I shut the door behind me and faced him in the dim lit room.

He turned around and walked towards his bed and grabbed the notebook sitting on the nightstand. I glanced at the brown notebook while he was walking towards me with exhausted steps and look into his eyes.

He ran a hand over the cover "One year, that's all i've been doing" he was about to hand it to me but held in while my eyes were staring at the bruises on his knuckles "Please come back" He whispered "And if you don't" he lifted his head and met my blurry vision.

"My love was never a lie." His voice trembled and he wiped over his eyes before continuing "I love you so much that I want to rip my flesh apart and show you with my heart how much I do. I can't explain it, words will never be enough for you. This madness i can't explain it, but it's real, it always have been. I swear on my sister who's my last relative on this earth except from you" He handed me the notebook and with shaking hands i grabbed it from him and wiped my tears away.

"If it's real, i'll be back. If not, i want you to heal and take care of this facility. Help people who need help Taehyung." I smiled while tears were running. Help people who need someone with the warmth in your eyes. You're capable of healing them.

He watched me silently as if I was all he had ever seen, while neither of us could stop these tears.

"Can you say my name for a last time? The way you used to say it" he whispered the last part and my eyes widened. "I want to remember it a little longer" he added and i gulped. My heart clenching painfully.

He shut his eyes and waited "Taehyung" I said with all the love I was carrying inside me, not how it used to be but with the emotions i was feeling right in this moment.

He opened his eyes and the lingering emotion was telling me he knew and I took a step back, my legs would give in any second and i needed to go. He needs to heal and I can't stay here any longer.

"Bye Taehyung" I lifted my hand and waved at him while crying as he was silently looking at me and whispering my name before I took all my courage and turned around to walk towards the door but before I could place my hand on the doorknob, my racing heart stopped me and for a first time in five years and before trying to fight against it like all these years, I stopped myself.

I turned around and met Taehyung's glistening eyes before suddenly running into his arms and wrapping my arms around his neck. He stumbled backwards and his weak arms were hanging on his sides in shock before he suddenly wrapped his arms strongly around my trembling body and burrowed one hand into my hair.

I started crying out loud into his neck while his scent was invading my senses. He was trying to give me what he didn't years ago. While running his hand through my hair, pulling and holding me close, i could feel him all. All the unspoken words he could never tell. All the words inside the notebook in my hands i was about to read.

I pulled him closer and so did he. I couldn't breathe but I didn't want to because nothing in all the years of my life did ever make me more alive than this moment.

Not even our past.

This was more than the hug of a parent or someone you love, it was as Dr. Kim said, madness. Pure madness.

"I'll wait for you beyond eternity" he breathed into my ear and pulled me even closer. "Because having you is to have the stars"

________

My dear angel babies, I hope you're all doing well🤍
I hope you had lots of tissues by your side because I definitely needed a lot while writing this chapter.

First, let's talk about the formal part, I decided to divide the last chapter of Angel's Temptation into two parts:
The End (Part 1) & The End (Part 2)

So there's another part still coming, this is not the official end, the next chapter is.

Now coming back to the first half of Angel's Temptation's ending, how did you like it?

What are your thoughts about Taehyung's comeback?
His first arrival up to his betterment? Did anyone had any idea where he had been for all these years?

There were lots of tears shared but I'm genuinely curious, did you cry? If yes, what part made you cry the most?
(This helps me to get to know what part makes the readers emotionally connect the most with a character)

Now coming to Y/N and Taehyung
What are your thoughts?
Did you like their moments?

I'm so proud of Y/N, she handled all of this so well despite what she's been through

Do you think Taehyung and Y/N will be endgame?
Will she come back after reading the notebook and finding everything out about Kai and Taehyung?

Tell me everything you want to tell me, even if you're usually a silent reader I'd love to read your thoughts and wishes regarding the very last chapter

Also I'm still contemplating whether this story will need an epilogue or not, i'll let you know.

That's all for now from my side,
thank you for every single one of you who has been so invested in this story and it's characters, those who have been there from the beginning and supported me throughout.
I love you guys so much and can't wait for you to find out where Y/N's story ends, because this is her story.

The Angel of this story has always been her
🤍

With love
-Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 5.7K 65
πŸ“– ❝What, baby? Am I making you nervous? ❞ He already knew the answer to that. ❝Just wait until I bend you over on that desk and have my way with you...
450K 9.4K 36
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
453K 28.5K 92
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...