The Mysterious Mr. Miller

By mahumwrites

"Why can't you let me go?" I asked, my voice dripping with frustration. He had cornered me against the wall... More

PROLOGUE
1. MEETING MR. MILLER
2. LOOSE SCREWS
3. KINKY
4. THE INTROVERT'S PARADISE
5. BRIEF FREEDOM
6. OLD TRUTHS
7. UNINVITED
8. THE SOFT CORNER
9. SHOPPING WITH MR. MILLER
10. THE OTHER WOMAN
11. SPITFIRE IN MY HOUSE
12. A BUNCH OF RASCALS
13. NIGHTMARE
14. CONTROLLING AND ABUSIVE
15. SHARING IS CARING
CHARACTERS
16. ROADTRIP
17. HATE ME LIKE YOU DO
18. HURDLE IN THE WAY
19. THE KIDNAPPERS
20. SECURE
21. SEARCHING THROUGH THE PAST
22. A NIGHT AWAY
23. WALK OF SHAME
24. A PIECE OF TRUTH
25. ENCOUNTER
26. BEDMATES
27. SKIN TO SKIN
28. GOODBYE?
29. SWEET BETRAYAL
30. FORCEFULLY YOURS
31. LOCKED
32. JEALOUSY
33. IN THE HAZE
34. INSIDE THE HEART
35. SNIPPETS OF THE PAST
36. CRIMES AND TERRORS
37. CAPTURED
38. FINDING HER
39. DAMSEL IN DISTRESS
40. ESCAPE
42. INNER TURMOIL
EPILOGUE

41. KEEP ME CLOSE

11.4K 479 23
By mahumwrites

Despite the bruises and the scratches, my body felt lighter than air when I woke up in the morning. I stretched my limbs and let out a satisfied yawn and that's when I realized I wasn't wearing anything. Embarrassed, I pulled the sheets on top of me to hide my very naked state.

Once covered, I looked to the other side of the bed, hoping to find Sean there but the bed was empty. A sigh of disappointment left my mouth and that's when I noticed him standing near the window, sipping his coffee.

Smiling, I wrapped the sheets around me and hopped off the bed. Once I reached him, I rested my head against his back and nuzzled into his warm, muscular torso.

"Why don't you join me in the bed?" I offered.

His body stiffened a little and he turned around to face me. I blushed as he looked at my flustered state and my cold body, covered only by a white satin sheet.

Bringing his hand towards my face, he caressed my cheek and I leaned into his touch. "Did you watch TV?" He asked, grazing his fingers along my jaw and then my neck, tickling me during the process.

I shook my head in no.

He walked over to the sofa and turned it on. The news of the capture of Machiavelli brothers played on the screen and he gave me an assuring smile. "Congratulations. You're safe." he said.

"Finally." I said and walked over to him, cozying myself in the empty space beside him. He rested his head in the crook of my neck and nuzzled his nose along the naked skin. "I can go home now." I said.

"Do you want to go home?" He asked, pulling away from me.

"Do you want me to go home?" I asked, smiling.

"No." He said and I blushed. It means he wanted me to stay there with him and possibly start a relationship. The thought made my stomach funny. "I want you to go to London with Lucas." He added.

"What?" I asked in surprise.

"Yes. Living in US would be too risky. You'll be starting a new life in London." He said and tried to touch me again but I pulled back.

"I'm not going anywhere." I said, crossing my arms in front of my chest, securing the sheets tightly.

"It isn't a discussion, Penelope. You are going." He said softly.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Sean Miller?" I groaned as I stood up in anger. "After last night, you're sending me away?"

"Oh so you expected me to marry you?" He said.

"Yes." I said and then instantly regretted. " I mean, not marry me exactly. But we both know there's something between us. We could date. Why are you sending me away?"

"Because that's right for you." He said in his usual finalizing tone.

"Who are you to decide that?" I said, controlling the urge to chuck something at his handsome face.

"I'm the guy your father sent you to. And that's my final decision." He said and stood up, towering over my short built. "Get dressed. We are going home."

As he was leaving the room, I groaned loudly. "I hate you, Sean Miller!!!" He stopped in his tracks for a moment but instead of turning around, he continued walking.

•°•°•

The whole drive back to home went silently as I kept my face stuck to the window. I was furious at him for trying to control my life even when I was out of danger. Just when I thought we were finally getting along together, he decided to drop this bomb and push me away.

"Penelope." He called my name but I didn't look towards him.

"Penny," he said this time.

"Don't." I said and kept looking out.

The drive finally ended and we reached the Miller mansion. Never did I think I would feel happy on seeing this place. Spending two days at that prison made me realize this place's worth.

Before Sean could speak, I walked out of the car and stormed inside the house. On my way inside, my eyes fell on Thomas who gave me a nod. A nod from Thomas was equivalent to a hug therefore, it warmed me up and I smiled back to him.

Once I was in the lounge, I found Lucas sitting on the sofa, staring towards the ground with an angry face. When he noticed me, his expressions didn't change. Instead, he said, "Didn't think you'd be back so soon."

"Aww. I'm happy to see you too." I said sarcastically and then felt Sean's presence behind me. "And just to be clear, tell your brother I hate him."

"You are not the only one." Lucas cast an annoyed glance at Sean and stood up to leave.

"Oh so he is also being forced to leave?" I asked Sean, who just looked away instead of looking at me. "You are a dictator, Sean Miller." I accused.

"Dictator or not, you both are going." He said, sitting on the sofa lazily.

Huffind loudly, I walked out of the lounge instead of getting involved in another argument with him that we both know I won't be winning.

•°•°•

I was deeply frustrated and angry at Sean. I wanted to change his mind but I already knew that wasn't possible. It was Sean; stubborn, arrogant Sean, who would die before changing his decision. What does he think of himself? He thinks he can make anyone do anything. Fuck him!

Cursing loudly, I hopped off the bed and made my way towards his room. It was midnight and the whole mansion was drowned in darkness. I walked on my tiptoes to avoid getting caught and once I finally reached his room, I found that the lights were on.

I slid the door and peeked into his room. He was sitting on his work chair, reading a file. May I add, he wasn't wearing a shirt and damn, he looked good. His toned chest reminded me of last night and how I was wrapped around him while he did unspeakable things to me.

Not now, Penny. You are here to scold him.

"Come in." He said and I jumped. How did he know?

Bracing myself, I walked inside and stood straight in front of him, crossing my arms.

"I don't know how but you have to change your decision." I said firmly.

He lifted his head to look at me and I realized he was wearing glasses. He looked like an intellectual hot professor and it made my mouth water.

Closing the file, he placed it on a side and stood up to match my gaze. He took a step towards me while looking deep into my eyes. Getting unnerved by his intense gaze, I took one step back. He took another step towards me and before I could take a step back, he snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me towards himself.

"What were you saying?" He asked as he grazed my jaw with his bearded one.

Tingles shot to my belly as I fought with the need to be as close to him as we were last night. 

"I.... Um..." I gulped, feeling his warm breath on my earlobe. "Uhhh."

"You were saying?" He said and bit my earlobe, making me sigh.

"You.... You are.... You are a.... You are a cruel.... Ah." My words were caught in my throat as he picked me up and guided my legs around his waist.

"I'm listening." He said as he walked towards his bed.

By now, I had forgotten what I was planning to say to him. Instead, my whole focus was his toned biceps and his chest, both were under an assault by my hands right now.

He lay me down and once again lay on top of me, slowly undressing me all the while kissing me hungrily. I didn't want him to take control this time so I rolled him over and straddled him.

"Don't make me go, please." I said, kissing his neck and chest and abs, whatever I could get hold of.

"Don't be stubborn, Penny. Machiavelli's will escape prison one day and they will come straight to you." He said in between his gasps.

"Then keep me with you. Protect me." I said and kissed his mouth this time.

"And keep you a prisoner in this house? For how long?" He said, breaking the kiss momentarily. "You'll have a life in London. You'll be able to work, take a walk, go out with your friends, all this without fear."

"Sean," I said his name in frustration as I kissed him again. "You don't get it. I love you, for God's sake. Don't send me away." Tears spilled out of my eyes and I punched the mattress. I didn't even realize I just accepted my feelings for him.

His eyes widened on hearing my confession and he rolled me over all the while looking in my eyes. "You love me?" He asked, caressing my face.

"Maybe." I said nervously and then added, "Yes."

His mouth widened into a smile. "I love you too, Penny. And because of the love I have for you, I have to let you go." He whispered as he kissed my teary eyes.

I closed my eyes in desperation. The lust had dissipated and now, I was just sad. I hugged him tightly because if I was going to leave, I was going to savour this moment. I wanted to be as close to him as possible.

He was also not in mood of sex now so he extended his arm to turn off the lamp and pulled over the blanket on both of us. He hugged me back and hid his face in between my hair. That's how we spent the night; cuddling and committing each others scent to memory.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 44.5K 45
"I-I should be heading to my room now." I told him not in anyway ready to face him. "Turn around." He instructed. "Your fiancee may w-wake up soon to...
121K 2.9K 55
His eyes narrowed at me, looking me up from head to toe in a slow almost seductive manner. I tried my best not to shudder from the intensity in his g...
402K 16.7K 41
"I don't fear darkness. I am the darkness." Being the leader of the largest Mafia group in USA, Ruslan Searlus is a man to be petrified of. Everyone...
262 18 5
"I'd have you begging for more." He said and I laughed "As if you could handle me." I joked but I could tell he didn't find it funny. "You think I ca...