RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.4) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the fourth volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celt... More

Author's Note
Character Short: Y/N
Character Short: Christina
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 8

229 9 0
By ZANE_555

(Ruby)

Drifting in her slumber, Ruby views the same darkness bordered by moving yellow circles before hearing the same voice, echoing in her ears.

Pyrrha: "Jaune... Jaune!"

She then hears the sound of a sword being drawn from it sheathes.

Pyrrha: "Jaune!" 

Ruby opens her eyes slowly and just breathes, letting her eyelids drift shut. Her eyes open wide when, from nearby, she hears the same voice, speaking calmly.

Pyrrha: "Jaune..."

Ruby sits up and looks around. There are little will-o-the-wisps floating around, looking very similar to the white circles in the dream. The campfire is still burning but has died down. Y/N, Ren, and Nora are asleep while their weapons are once again at their sides. Jaune's sleeping bag, however, is empty. Through the trees beyond Jaune's sleeping bag, Pyrrha's voice can still be heard, but it is muffled.

Pyrrha: "Alright, Jaune, just like we practiced. Follow these instructions."

Two of the words are louder and echo like in Ruby's dreams, making it sound like Pyrrha is saying "Follow me".

Ruby gets up and walks toward the voice. She takes a moment to play with one of the wisps as she looks around, uncertain. Moving forward, she spots something, and her mouth falls open. Gazing with concern, Ruby moves next to a tree and watches from there. A slight distance in front of Ruby, but facing away, Jaune draws his sword, while hearing his helmet. He poses with it and the shield, before dropping his shoulders and turning to his right. His scroll is set up on a stump with Pyrrha's voice being played in a video. 

Meanwhile, Y/N jolted up from his sleeping bag, breathing heavily after experiencing another nightmare once more. He looks around his surroundings only to find Ruby's and Jaune's sleeping bag empty. Panic begins to swell up inside him only to hear a familiar voice in the distance. 

Y/N #1: ("Pyrrha...")

He then follows the direction of the voice slowly as he spots Ruby, hiding behind a tree, watching Jaune train his sword, with the help of the video Pyrrha made.

Pyrrha: "Alright, Jaune, just like we practiced. Follow these instructions. Shield up."

Jaune lifts his shield so that only his eyes up are not protected.

Pyrrha: "Keep your grip tight."

Jaune tightens his hand on his sword.

Pyrrha: "Don't forget to keep your front foot forward."

Jaune hasn't forgotten and doesn't need to move. Y/N's eyes widen upon seeing Pyrrha in the video, realizing that Pyrrha once told her that she would make a video to help Jaune's training. 

Pyrrha: "Ready? Go."

Jaune steps forward with the sword, cutting at the air and making a fighting cry.

Pyrrha: "Again."

Jaune moves forward with his other foot, again slashing the air and releasing a cry.

Pyrrha: "And again."

Jaune spins in a circle, putting a lot of feeling and effort into his next cry and slash. It has cost him a bit, and he pants, but continues anyway. Y/N slowly walk up to Ruby, who is unaware of his presence. He proceeds to tap her on the shoulder, making her jump slightly as she turns to see him and speak in a whispering tone.

Ruby: "Y/N! You scared me."

In response, Y/N whispers as well.

Y/N #1: "Sorry about that, Rubes. How long has he been doing this?"

Ruby just shrugs.

Ruby: "I don't know. I only just got here."

The two continue watching Jaune as he continues to swing his sword before finally stopping and catching his breath.

Pyrrha: "Okay. Now assuming you aren't cheating, we can take a break."

Jaune stands upright and lets his head fall forward a bit, closing his eyes.

Pyrrha: "I know this can be frustrating..."

Jaune turns toward Pyrrha's image on his Scroll.

Pyrrha: "And it can feel like so much effort to progress such a small amount, but I want you to know that I'm proud of you. I've never met someone so determined to better themselves. You've grown so much since we started training. And I know this is just the beginning."

Back in their camp, Nora is in her sleeping bag, listening to Pyrrha's voice, barely hearing it in the distance. Visibly upset at hearing her voice makes Nora curl in on herself and takes a deep breath.

Nora: ("Pyrrha...")

She then closes her eyes to force herself back to sleep. Back with Jaune, Pyrrha turns her head, struggling with her thoughts for a moment.

Pyrrha: "Jaune, I-I..."

A wide shot shows Jaune taking a step closer to his scroll as Pyrrha tries to find the words before confidently place her hands over her heart as she resumes.

Pyrrha: "I want you to know that I'm just happy to be a part of your life. I'll always be here for you, Jaune."

The scroll rewinds the video of Pyrrha without being touched. Jaune stands before it, holding his sword, Crocea Mors, his head bowed. Ruby couldn't help but feel upset over hearing Pyrrha's voice only to hear Y/N sigh deeply, causing her to look over at him. 

Ruby: "Y/N?"

Y/N #1: "You know... everyone keeps telling me that it wasn't my fault Pyrrha died. But... it is my fault. I was the one who let her down. I could have taken her to safety. But no... I thought I could take down Cinder, even when I knew how dangerous she was."

Upon saying this, Y/N tilt his head down in sadness as Ruby took Y/N's hands in hers.

Ruby: "It wasn't your fault, Y/N. She was just too strong for you."

Y/N #1: "And that's what pisses me off. I have the power to do something, to do anything, and yet... it still wasn't enough... to save Pyrrha..."

Ruby: "Y/N..."

Y/N #1: "Because of me, Pyrrha is gone... and no amount of 'hope' can bring her back."

This entire conversation starts to make them both teary-eyed, especially when they hear Pyrrha's voice in the video, still being played. As Y/N pull Ruby into a hug to comfort her, he accidentally steps on a twig, which snap upon impact, causing Jaune to look over to their direction. 

Jaune: "Who's there?"

Realizing that they been discovered, Y/N and Ruby step out of the tree to show themselves to Jaune, much to his surprise.

Jaune: "Y/N... Ruby..."

The blonde boy leaves the recording as he approaches them. They all share teary-eyed looks, unable to say anything to each other with Y/N shifting his gaze to the side. Wanting to end the awkward silence, Jaune let out an embarrassed laugh over the recording.

Jaune: "Oh, it's just old stuff... I'm already familiar with it but, the new sword has a different weight to it and I just... want to hear Pyrrha's voice again..."

Y/N doesn't say anything, clenching his fists. As for Ruby, she weakly responds back.

Ruby: "It's like... she still with us that way."

Jaune nod to her.

Jaune: "I believe that she still is."

Y/N glances over to Jaune, finally replying to him.

Y/N #1: "What makes you say that, Jaune?"

Jaune: "Well... I was never the most religious person but, I can feel it... that she's still watching over us."

Ruby laughs a bit, wiping away some of her tears.

Ruby: "She always did have your back."

As she says this, she remains motionless before recalling memories of Jaune and Pyrrha together while she was present and for a moment, Ruby's silver eyes actually flicker for a mere second. Caught off guard, Ruby is stunned by this as well as Jaune. As for Y/N, he steps back a bit as he does his best to remain compose from the sharp pain, he's feeling from the brief flash of Ruby's silver eyes. 

Jaune: "What just happened?"

Y/N #1: "R-Ruby...?"

Ruby doesn't know how to respond as she begins to breathe heavily for a bit, making Y/N goes to hold her to keep her standing. 

Ruby: "I... I don't know."

Jaune clenches his fists, gritting his teeth before replying.

Jaune: "Ugh, I just hate how we don't know and there's so little we can prepare for. I just want to find the people that did this, all of this, and make them pay for what they did and end this mess entirely." 

Y/N #1: "Trust me, Jaune. I-we all want to stop Cinder and her lackeys for good. Especially when I could've done something about it..."

Jaune stares at Y/N, who slowly shift his gaze away from once more.

Jaune: "I know... I know that Cinder person trick you, trick all of us. This mess isn't yours."

Y/N look up to meet Jaune's gaze.

Y/N #1: "We're in this together. We are all going to make them pay for what they did."

Jaune: "That's good to hear... just wish we know more."

Ruby: "Don't worry, Jaune. We'll figure things out. Times are tough, we're confused, but as long as they have each other, we can make it through."

When the conversation fails to continue, Ruby decides to end it herself. 

Ruby: "I think... I should head back to sleep."

Before responding, Jaune looks back at the recording that is still playing.

Jaune: "That's a good idea." 

Ruby nod to him before turning to Y/N.

Ruby: "You can let go of me, Y/N."

Y/N slowly let Ruby go as she manage to stand properly. Seeing that she's okay, Y/N grab Ruby's hand as they head back to their camp to sleep. Jaune sees Ruby and Y/N off and then drops back into position as Pyrrha begins to tell him to strike again and again, while Y/N can't help but glances over to Jaune.

________________________________________________________________________________

(Mistral, Adam)

Adam is practicing with his blade in a retrofitted practice hall in the conquered villa where Sienna had demoted him. As he practices, he hears the faint whispers of Blake and Y/N as he recalls his previous interactions with them. 

Blake ("This won't bring equality.")

Y/N: ("You're no different than those human supremacists.")

Hearing these makes Adam grit his teeth in rage, as he uses more violent strikes on a battered training dummy, which loses chunks after chunks of itself from his attacks. After exhausting himself, Illa appears behind him, crossing her arms. 

Ilia: " You look ragged, Adam."

Her remark makes Adam turn around to face her as he sheathes his sword.

Adam: "I run this way by my new 'superior.' If I had to guess, Sienna has them under orders to work me hard so I can quit the White Fang voluntarily."

Ilia: "Is it working on you?"

Adam just smirks as he replies back.

Adam: "Heh. As if I'd give her the satisfaction. I want the humans to pay more than I am miserable." 

Ilia goes silent, not really commenting for or against his statement. After a moment, she finally asks him, while visibly upset. 

Ilia: "Why... Why did Blake left?"

Adam pauses in the middle of cleaning-up equipment around the room as he responds back.

Adam: "Blake was... weak-willed. We saw what the White Fang was headed, what needed to be done. But when the time came, only I had the will to pull the trigger. In many ways, I can relate to Sienna's paradigm shift for the group. Aggressive protests, limited quiet assassinations, and propaganda campaigns. All of it is garbage if no one listens. Under Onrio, we were finally making progress but, with Sienna, we're taking steps back. Then, there's Blake..."

Ilia: "Blake? W-What about her?" 

Adam: "Blake is worse. She didn't just start advocating peace for humans but, started working with them. Fighting alongside them. Against us. She had her head so filled with lies and delusions that she's just another puppet on the string for the humans to parade around. Just like her father before her."

Ilia: "Ghira Belladonna. His way of doing things were getting us nowhere."

Adam: "I thought when Blake turning her back on her family mean that she was immune to their way of thinking. I was wrong. I blame myself for not protecting her better from the 'filth'."

Ilia: "Those the 'filth' includes this, Y/N guy? The traitorous Faunus ally to the White Fang?"

Adam goes silent for a bit before replying.

Adam: "Yes. I don't know the details, but he and Blake made contact in Beacon Academy." 

Ilia: "And is he one of the reasons Blake decide to work and fight with the humans?"

Adam looks at her as she waits for his answer.

Adam: "Yes."

Ilia fold in on herself, still in a state of shock over hearing Blake's defection to the White Fang and to them.

Ilia: "I... I still can't believe that she would just... leave... for this guy... for those humans... after everything I told her and warn her... how cruel humans can be... what happened to my parents... she should have understood that peace with humans needed to be fought for, not negotiated." 

Adam takes a sigh of relief as he looks over to Ilia. 

Adam: "Honestly, I'm glad to be in the same room with someone that understands. I must admit, we never really saw eye to eye on things, but knowing I'm not alone gives me some comfort, Ilia."

Ilia just chuckles at this.

Ilia: "Maybe it's because we're so similar. Maybe... we understand each other a little too well."

Reflecting on her words, Adam then asks her.

Adam: "So... how are the responses has been to Sienna's coup?"

Ilia: "Well... there's more than enough that want to follow the 'less overt' direction Sienna has plan for us but, there's a growing number that still believe Kin Onrio was leading us down a more successful path."

He nods to this.

Adam: "Good. In time, the White Fang will need to reassert itself on the world stage if they're ever to make any kind of progress and I hope that you will be there alongside me to see it through."

The two pauses, staring at each other. Adam expects her to say something but, Ilia simply hesitates to respond. After a few moments, Adam quietly walks out of the room without hearing if she decides to respond at all. Now by herself, Ilia clenches her fists, pondering over the whole exchange she has with Adam, especially with Blake's defection, the anger towards Y/N and the humans.

__________________________________________________________________

(Blake)

Y/N and Blake are doing their rounds around town while dressed in their snazzy Menagerie guard armors. 

[Imagine Blake's long hair being tied up in a bun.]

Accompanying them is a fellow Menagerie guard, another cat Faunus, who regroup with them a few minutes ago. 

Y/N #3: "Hey, you done with your rounds too?"

Menagerie Guard: "Sure have."

After some time, they end up at the town guard's headquarters, walking inside with Y/N sigh in relief.

Y/N #3: "Another day, another round of surveilling the town."

Menagerie Guard: "I should be heading to the locker rooms now. See ya later."

Y/N and Blake wave goodbye to the guard as they head to give their report to their superior. As they do, Y/N glances over to Blake.

Y/N #3: "So far so good, huh Blake?"

He doesn't get a response from Blake as she's lost in thought. It's only when Y/N tap her shoulder that she gets her attention.

Blake: "Huh? Oh, yeah. I guess so."

Y/N #3: "You doing okay, Blake?"

Blake: "Yeah... just lost in thought." 

Y/N then goes to grab her hand and pull her, much to her surprise and blushing a bit.

Blake: "W-What are you-"

Y/N glance over to her, giving her a cheeky smirk.

Y/N #3: "What's the problem? We're all alone at the moment."

Once they reach to an office, Y/N let go of Blake as Blake knocks on the door, which a voice soon answers.

???: "Come in."

Opening the office's door, they are greeted by their captain, Saber Rodentia, the head captain of the Menagerie guards, sitting at his desk. 

Saber: "Ah, Blake, Y/N, anything to report on?"

Before Blake can reply, she and Y/N stand firmly beside one another. 

Blake: "Not much, no. The only thing of note was us stopping a kid from pickpocketing random civilians."

Saber: "I see. What happened then?"

Y/N and Blake share a look before turning to their captain.

Y/N #3: "We decide to let the kid go with a warning."

Saber is quite amused by this, not looking at his notes on his desk as he examines them.

Saber: "How long has it been since you two join the guards? A month? A month and a half?"

Blake: "It'll be two months in the next week."

Saber: "So, how are you two liking to work here?"

Once more, Y/N and Blake share a look with each other before shifting their gaze to Saber with Blake responding first. 

Blake: "It feels nice to help people even if the work is a little dirty."

Y/N #3: "It's been... peaceful for the most part."

Saber: "I see. Have the other guards been giving you hard time, Y/N?"

Y/N can tell that his captain is giving him a look of concern, which Blake also does the same as Y/N quickly replies back.

Y/N #3: "If you mean trying to pick a fight with me because I'm human who is only here because I'm dating Blake, then no. I didn't give them time of day. In fact, I chose to ignore them."

Saber nod to his response and Blake sigh in relief.

Y/N #3: "Besides, that's probably the only exciting part of this job."

This makes Saber chuckle a bit before looking back at them.

Saber: "Well, the more exciting work is along the wall. You two are exemplary at this job, especially compared to that 'friend' of yours."

Y/N #3: "What's wrong with Sun? He didn't get into any trouble with guards because of me, right?"

Saber: "No, no, it's more like... he's lazy and careless for my taste."

Y/N #3: "Oh... well, he's a good fighter. That's got to count for something."

Saber: "It's not just him. I also got reports that I've read mentioning how 'reclusive' Blake is."

Blake: "Me?"

Y/N #3: "Reclusive? She hangs out with me and Sun plenty of time before."

Saber: "What I mean is that you help out, you do your job, but you never quite seem all there when on duty."

His remark makes Y/N glances over to Blake with concern as she merely remains unresponsive. Saber leans over to his desk. 

Saber: "So, I must ask again, Blake. Are you happy being in the town guard?"

Blake raises a brow before finally responding.

Blake: "Who's really asking? You or my father."

Saber levels a stare at her, crossing his arms. 

Saber: "Is it really that hard to believe that I'm genuinely concerned over my subordinates?"

This makes Y/N perk a brow as he lightly points at their captain.

Y/N #3: "What about that snide remark towards Sun not a minute earlier?"

Saber: "Look, Sun may think he's endearing with his shenanigans but, I largely agree with Ghira on him being an... irritation."

Y/N #3: "Oh come on, that's a bit-"

Before their conversation, the cat guard from before coming bursting through the office's door, half armored and panting, which catch their attention.

Saber: "What's going?"

Menagerie Guard: " A breach... in the southern wall... not too far from where... the guard post is."

Catching her breath, she then continues as Saber stand up from his chair.

Menagerie Guard: "The town guards managed to... seal it... but a Deathstalker managed to... break through and.... we're having trouble taking it out."

In response to this, Saber attaches his sword to his belt as he faces the panting guard.

Saber: "Go put on your armor on."

Menagerie Guard: "Yes, sir."

Quickly, she leaves the office in a hurry. Saber spares a glance at Y/N and Blake, who is frozen on the spot, which Y/N soon notice.

Y/N #3: "Blake...?"

Wordlessly, Saber decides to go without them only for Blake to grab his arm and hold him in place, despite her visibly trembling. She then looks over to the captain with a resolute look.

Blake: "Y/N and I dealt with Deathstalkers before. We can handle this. 

Saber: "Are you s-?"

Blake: "We can do this."

Y/N then chimes in. 

Y/N #3: "Let us help, sir."

In a brief second, Saber nods to them.

Saber: "Okay then. You two, follow me."

Blake and Y/N #3: "Yes sir."

They then rush out of the town guard's headquarters and into the streets with their weapons in hand. After some running, they arrive at a roadway where the other guards are trying to contain the Deathstalker like one would a wild bull, using whatever they can get their hands on as barricades to block the Grimm's path. Unfortunately, they're doing it poorly as it uses its claws and stinger to swipe the barricades away, which in turn, push away the guards too. 

The Grimm spot a nearby guard all by himself and goes to stab him with its stinger. It's only when a certain someone manage to grab the guard and pull him away to safety. The guard then look up to see who save him. 

Menagerie Guard #7: "You... You're that human."

Y/N #3: "It's been almost 2 months and you still call me that?"

Menagerie Guard #7: "I..."

Y/N: "Ah, whatever. Just be glad that Grimm didn't get you."

Blake: "Y/N!"

Y/N turn his head to see Blake and Saber finally making it into the scene. 

Y/N #3: "Good news is that it's not an Alpha Deathstalker."

Saber: "And the bad news?"

Y/N #3: "Well, it's still going to take some effort to kill it." 

Blake: "Okay, we'll handle-"

She's interrupted when the Deathstalker swinging its claw at them. Luckily, Blake and Y/N jump out of the way on top of some building's rooftop, but Saber resorted to block the attack with his sword. The Deathstalker then follow this up by another swing at Saber, which hits him into a wall, knocking him out of commission. Blake and Y/N are shocked to see this as Y/N goes to take out Crimson and Violet and send a barrage of dust bullets at the Grimm's head and eyes to draw its attention from Saber, which it does work. The other remaining guards are basically ineffective in slowing down the Grimm. Blake then proceeds to use Gambol Shroud to cut off its stinger only for said stinger to hit her, knocking off her guard helmet and herself away from it.

Y/N #3: "Blake!"

Y/N rush over to Blake's side only to be relieved that she's okay and then focus on the Deathstalker with Blake beside him. The Deathstalker slowly walks towards them as Y/N and Blake ready themselves. 

Blake: "Got any ideas?"

Y/N #3: "Hmm, you take out its stinger and I'll take out it's claws. Then, we immobilize it by cutting off its legs."

Blake looks around their surroundings to find something for the Grimm's stinger to get stuck on only to spot a nearby electrical cable box.

Blake: "Okay, I get it now."

Y/N #3: "Good luck on your part."

The Deathstalker tries to puncture them only for them to jump to the side as Blake use Gambol Shroud to shoot the Grimm's head to get its attention. In retaliation, the scorpion Grimm tries to swing its claws at her until Y/N block it with Grimm Slayer. He then shoves the claws away from him and sprint away as Blake, who now stands behind the electrical cable box, continues to shoot at the Grimm. It attempts to skewer Blake only for her to use semblance to leave a shadow clone, which disappear upon impact and the Grimm ends up stabbing the electrical cable box, giving it a hearty shock all over its body. Seeing its tail locked in place, Blake and Y/N give a quick nod as Blake uses Gambol Shroud's blade to sever the stinger, which leaves the Grimm stumbling and crying in pain. 

Y/N #3: ("Time to die, pest.")

Y/N quickly sneaks into the Grimm's blind spots and with Crimson and Violet in hand in their blade mode, proceeds to sever both of its claws in sequence before he and Blake goes to cut off its legs from under it, making it fall into the ground with a large thud. With the Grimm finally subdue, Blake casually walks up to its still living head as it tries to attack her with its sharp mandibles. Y/N, on top of the Grimm, saw this and quickly leap off and cut them off with his two swords, making it scream in pain. Landing next to Blake, Y/N glances over to her.

Y/N #3: "You would you like to do the honor?"

Blake: "Gladly."

She then impales the Grimm's head with Gambol Shroud, killing it for good. She pulls her blade free just as several civilians begin snapping pictures and cheering, which she and Y/N soon take notice of. Not a minute later, Sun arrives, while wearing his guard armor, which he tries to adjust a bit. He breath heavily as he now stands in front of them.

Sun: "Hey guys... I'm here to... help..."

He soon realizes that the Deathstalker is already dead as its tar-like skeleton is becoming more visible. 

Sun: "Oh..."

Blake turns just to smile at Sun and Y/N, a full-toothed genuine smile that is observed by a now conscious Saber from afar, who is being supported by a couple of barely injured guards.

Menagerie Guard #7: You okay, sir?"

Saber: "For the most part, yeah."

The captain continues to watch over Blake, still smiling as she warmly hugs Y/N for a job well done as he returns the hug. Sun, meanwhile, watch the dead Grimm leave its skeletal remains in amazement. Saber shakes his head and chuckles a bit as he ponders to himself.

Saber: ("So that's how it is.")

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 396 37
Here is the third volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing RWBY Series.) (Discla...
3.3K 105 28
I know what you're thinking, "Another RWBY story?" Yes yes, another RWBY story. I just love making them. And do not fret! I have all the way up to th...
23.2K 492 30
RWBY x Male Reader Story Sorry if a lot of things in the chapters seem really confusing, rushed and stupid. It's because I'm really not the best at w...
4.7K 93 17
This is a fanfic me and my friend have been working on since February of this year. He has an account on Fanfiction.net called purple27gamelord and...