Gone in December

By iAreNotaPotato

In the year 3050, in a world of advanced technology and mystic wonders, Wilbur Finch, an unemployed strugglin... More

[ CHAPTER II FRIENDLY STRANGERS ]
[ CHAPTER I TRASH DUMP ]
[ CHAPTER III THE OBSERVATORY ]
[ CHAPTER IV FINAL ]

[ Gone in December all Chapters ]

40 1 0
By iAreNotaPotato

[ CHAPTER I TRASH DUMP ]

As Wilbur was laying on the ground, his arm was cut off, blood pools around him, fading in and out of consciousness he would recall how this all happened.

He woke up, getting up off his bed,
Looking out the window he saw it was night.

"I need to fix my sleep schedule."

Wilbur walked into the bathroom, looking in the mirror and combed his fingers though his brown hair, he looked in the mirror for a minute, while Wilbur was attractive to most people, he did not think so, he remembers he was looking for something valuable to sell at the Landfill he walked out of the bathroom and walked over to the top of the stairs glancing at the briefcase, he walked downstairs.

Wilbur looked at the countertop noticing no one was there.

"He'll be here in an hour."

"I probably should go to the Landfill."

He looked up and saw the flying cruisers and ships, he walked out of the building, down the street was landfill.

"Nothing new toda- HUH what is that!?"

Wilbur gazed at mountains of trash covered by the dark night sky caked in Snow.
He found his eyes drawn to a bright red ship, red was his favorite color,
It looked squared, rounded on the edges, it had long wings that went out around five feet with thrusters on them, with a door and stairs on the side of the ship.

"It looks like a large trashcan with headlights."

Wilbur dashes to the ship, stumbling into trash along the way.

"I wonder if It will start!?"

As he approaches, a tiny man with a hat appears, standing in front of him.
he couldn't barely make any details out of his face.

"I'm going to have to stop you there."

"Uhh why?"

Wilbur's pink eyes gleamed through his glasses, at dave.

"That ship is mine."

"it's the Landfill, currently it's no one's..."

"Perhaps ours would be a better use of words."

Wilbur noticed what looks to be about five to six of the tiny men around the ship.

"Oh great there's More of you"
Wilbur said sarcastically.

"Listen you seem like a good fella we can't even use-"

"Why do you even want it you don't know how to use it!?"

Wilbur blurted out.

"I wasn't done talking and you just yelled at me why should I give it to you."

"Uhh because I have a wonderful smile and charming personality?"

He smiled at the man widely.

"Not impressive but I like the spirit we'll have to get his permission.

"Who's permission?"

"Why do I have to get someone's permission?"

Wilbur said to himself.

"We'll get there. what's you're name?"

"My name is Wilbur Finch."

"Well nice to meet you Wilbur my name is Dave."

could you step out into the light? I can't really see you."

"Why don't we both."

They both step out into the light, dave has a white Beard and a red coned hat and a blue bath robe

"OH your a Gnome!?"

"Yep actually we all are."

"How long have you guys been here?"
"I'm here almost everyday I have never seen you before."

"We've seen you."

"Oh that's weird, anyway, what exactly did you mean by we'll get there?"

"You'll have to talk to someone."

"I know that I would like further information than that."

"Like I said we'll get there."

Wilbur followed over to the ship surrounded by gnomes, Wilbur suddenly stopped by Dave.

"We will have to talk to King Gobby."

"King Gobby, who's that?"

Dave turns and points to King Gobby.

"A rock?"

King Gobby behind the ship is a bumpy rock, ,with a crude smiley face on it, a tiny cone on its head, broken in the shape of something of a crown.

"WHAT!? KING GOBBY IS NOT BUT A ROCK!"
"YOU MUST APOLOGIZE TO KING GOBBY RIGHT NOW!!!"

"oh sorry king gobby?"

Why do I have to do this? I'd like to be doing other things right about now.

Wilbur thought.

"King Gobby accepted your apology but is hurt, however that's not why we're here, ain't that right?
King Gobby this man's name is Wilbur, he would like to know if he can have the ship?"

The gnome puts his hand over his mouth to king gobby, whispering incoherently to Him.

"Ah I remember the days where I didn't buy stuff from gnome cults "

Wilbur thought.

"Uhh what did he say?"

"King Gobby says yes, for a price."

"Ugh ok what's the price?"

"He said whatever's in your pockets."

"I forgot my wallet, I have a paperclip and a Lego so..."

He whispers to King Gobby.

"That's perfect!"

Dave takes the money and runs to his fellow Gnomey friends, yelling "guys i did it I did it."

"Bye... I guess, that was an experience."

Wilbur walks into the ship excited to see if it will work, he sees a living room, a futon sits with a small coffee table and a couch in front of it, to the right there was a bathroom, to the left a kitchen, he went through the kitchen a electric stove was there next to it was a microwave, and countertops lining the walls, he went through the doorway onto the next room it was the ships driving room.

"Huh full Energy, How is this furnished? Whatever, not my concern"

Wilbur reflected on the fact that he bought a ship for a Lego at the back of the landfill from a rock.

Wilbur started the engine, it was surprisingly quiet as he started to move upwards in the air, piles of trash fall off.

Wilbur sees the ice glazed waters,
As the ship heats up the windows frost.

[ CHAPTER II FRIENDLY STRANGERS ]

Wilbur landed near Larry Berry's Donuts where he works.

"Hey middle aged man I neglected the time and effort to learn the name of, how are you?"

"Fuck off my name is on the building."

"Ah doing great I see I would ask about the wife, but she left you didn't she?"

"You live under my roof and you will respect me!"

"Alright you get no customers, your business is dying, my paycheck that 90% of the time I don't get, I go to the Landfill I sell stuff to Bella and it keeps your business alive and I'm not homeless."

"You are a Dirty slacker!"

"I don't care what you think I am!"

"You should be I am your boss I can fire you!"

"Like that matters I pretty much work for myself I stay because you're such a riot to talk to."

"You-"

"Ok whatever I'm going to escort me and myself to the attic now, goodnight and remember to always get pissed off about insignificant things, goodbye."

Wilbur slept peacefully like a baby.

The next morning Wilbur grabbed his Briefcase, he also grabbed his clothes in a sutecase l, he walked downstairs and found his boss cleaning the counter with his usual scowl,
Despite his green skin he usually was red in the face from anger.

"I'm going to the arcade. enjoy hating existence."

"No you're not. If you take one step out of that door you're fired!"

"You know I took what you just said into accountability and I wanted to say..."

"Say you're sorry for being a slacker?"

"No just toodles, and hey maybe you're wife and kids might talk to you now that you have no employees."

"Enjoy sleeping in the snow You son of a-!"

Wilbur leaves not being able to hear his boss's kind words of encouragement,
He walks to his ship and sets the briefcase by the futon and gets on going to the arcade.
He noticed the snow covering the entire city, he landed at the arcade.

"Man do I love this place!"

The neon sign, the loud music, bright colors flashing, Wilbur walked over to the archaic consoles he saw sitting there a kid playing a Nintendo switch neo, and another playing a PlayStation 64,
Of course Wilbur went to his favorite, Understory 8.

"You like that game too?"

Wilbur continued playing the game and responded To the stranger, the stranger spoke with a English accent.

"Like it? I've beaten it over a hundred times before."

"I see people over here playing this all the time."
"what do you like about the arcade?"

"Eh I don't know the atmosphere of the games around us, I just like it here."

"You know what I love about here?"

"Hmm?"

"People, the way they laugh the love. The humanity of it all."

"You come here to watch people?"

"You can call it that."
"I like to think of it more like, the human experience."

"Huh that's interesting I've never heard that before."

Wilbur looked over to the man he notices his height,
he was the tallest person in the room,
He had long curly black hair, he was missing an eye too.
his skin was Black with an undertone of gray.

"What's your name?"

"I'm Wilbur what's yours?"

"I'm Zack."

"Nice to meet you Zack."

"You too, May we meet again."

The two men went their separate ways and Wilbur continued on with his day,
A few hours go by, Wilbur is done for the day and goes into his ship,
He flies the ship over to Larry Berry's donut parking lot.

"Well quitting my job was the best Decision of my life, with no repercussions I will have."

Wilbur sleeps for the night.

The next morning he hears a loud knock at the ship door, he gets up to answer the door.

Wilbur says putting on his glasses.
"Uhm hello who's there?"

"It's me."

Wilbur opened the door

"Zack, what are you doing here?"

Zack not answering his question walks into the ship uninvited.

Zack always ducked down to not draw attention to his height.

"Hey wait what are you-"

"Nice ship you got where did you get it?"

"I got it at the Landfill."

"Reminds me more of a mobile home."

"Yeah I guess, why are you here."

"Just wanted to hang out."

"Huh, you want to watch something?"

"Sure."

"What do you want to watch?"

"Anything really."

*KNOCK
*KNOCK
*KNOCK

"I'll get it."

Zack strands up and Opens the door,
Zack See's a Woman and a child,
He moves so Wilbur can see out the doorway.

"Wilbur please you need to take her."

Zack notices that Wilbur's eyes dart around the woman and land on the girl, looking at them like an alien.

Wilbur abruptly stands up and grabs his coat.

"I'm going to the bar."

Wilbur walked past them all.

Zack turned to the woman and the child.

"He'll be right back."

Zack follows Wilbur to the bar.

Wilbur sits on the barstool, Zack sits next to him.

"What would you two men like?"

"Vodka."

"I'll do water."

"Do you want to talk about that?

"Nope."

Wilbur takes the shot and taps the counter signaling for another.

"Wilbur this is childish are you sure you don't want to tell me?"

"Nope."

"Okay suit yourself."

In quick succession Wilbur drinks several more,
He can barely see, the world is spinning.
An hour passed and they sat completely quiet,
Until Wilbur broke the silence.

Ok, I have a theory"

"What would that be?"

"Ok ok so... I think this guy was a time traveler, like seriously."

Wilbur looks Zack dead in the eyes.

"Time traveler you say?"
Zack said in an unenthusiastic tone.

"Okay he was in a time where there was a plague. it started in like 18... Uh I don't know, it started at a year or something
it, it killed a lot of people it was a bad, like bad plague,
The point is, he appears in multiple pictures that are over hundreds of years apart.
I think he escaped his... like place and went forward because everyone was, dying...
Or something like that I don't know."

"Uh huh..."

"I have a daughter."

Wilbur said quiet and mournful.

And then it went black.

Wilbur wakes up in the ship, he smells pancakes.

"Huh, what happened?"

As he looks around the room he sees Zack at the stovetop making pancakes,
In front of the TV sits a girl with Bright red hair watching a kids show.

"You blacked out last night I had to take you home."

Wilbur walked to Zack still looking at the girl."

"Why is she here?"

"She was in the living room when I came in."

Wilbur spotted a large children's backpack, he walked over to it,
He kneels down and starts going through it, he finds lots of clothes, toys, and comic books and a rubiks cube.

Zack puts a large plate down full of pancakes.

He turned and handed Wilbur a note.

"She left this for you, it was on the backpack."

It reads, "I am dying, it's a fate a child
should never suffer through, especially our sweet Charlie Finch, make sure she knows how much I love her." - signed Alex

"She named her after me."

Zack saw Wilbur still looking at her like she was an alien.

"I didn't take you for a coward."

"I didn't even know she existed, I mean I know she is mine, she looks like my mother."

Wilbur feels a tug on his sleeve.

"Hm?"

"Bathroom?"

"Do you need help?"

"I am 8."

Charlie says putting her hands on her hips.

"Down the hallway."

"Ok."

She walked down to the bathroom.

"So what are you gonna do?"

"I don't know."

"Well you probably should figure it out."

"I know I know it's just, everything is different now."

Charlie comes out of the bathroom and walks over to Wilbur and Zack.

"Dad can we get ice cream?"

"Oh that sounds amazing, don't you want ice cream Wilbur?"

"Sure I guess..."

"Yay!"

Wilbur walks over to the front of the ship he started it felling the rumble in his hand as he turned the key, in the air, Wilbur looks out the windshield through the frost gazing at the beautiful city, Charlie sat on the couch next to Zack talking.

"What's your name."

"My name's Zack."

"How did you lose your eye?"

"Didn't eat enough vegetables."

"Ohh scary."

"I know, it just fell out one day."

"How old are you?"

"Oh I couldn't tell you."

"Why?"

"It's a secret."

"A secret? I'm good at secrets."

"You promise you won't tell anybody?"

"No never ever."

"Okay, Charlie I Zack am 2002 seasons old."

"No you're not."

"No It's true I am."

"You're lying."

"Me a liar? Nah."

The ship slows coming to a stop.

"We're here!"

Zack opened the door the cold intruding the warmth of the ship, Charlie next to him the step out, ahead is an ice cream parlor, In winter themed text it says Paris's Flurry on top of the building, they step inside the warmth coming back to them,
Wilbur followed behind,
They see a man in the ice cream shop
A large muscular man with brown skin.

"Hello gentlemen and little lady, what will you be having?"

Zack and Wilbur sit in the stool, zack pulled up Charlie.

"Charlie what would you like?"

"The blue one!"

"Do you want a blue flurry?"

"Yes."

"And you?"

"I'll do trail mix vanilla."

"Alright and what will you have?"

"Nothing I don't want anything."

The man wrote everything down and walked into the kitchen.

"Why don't you want ice cream Dad?"

"Oh I couldn't think why."

"Hey Charlie why don't you go sit over there and draw?"

"Ok."

Charlie sits in a Booth across the ice cream parlor.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

Zack whisper yells to Wilbur.

"What do you mean? in not doing anything."

"She is a child, she cannot control that her mother; listen you're acting like a child because you don't want to take care of her."

"Don't want to take care of her? This is a lot of stress on me, I mean I got to take care of this kid I barely know, think of how hard that is for me."

"Wilbur's hands move around frantically as he speaks."

"Wilbur can you hear yourself? think of how hard this is for her!"

Wilbur freezes and looks to the counter thinking."

The man comes back out holding two ice creams.
Charlie runs over holding her hand out.
The man across the countertop hands her it.

"Thank you!"

"No problem little lady."

He hands Zack his ice cream cone.

"Hey what's your name?"

"I'm Paris Swan."

"Oh Paris's Flurry."

"Yep I've had this place for 20 years started it when I was 18."

"Man that's crazy."

"My family has had it for over 400 years we've passed it down for years."

"400 years? That's really interesting."

"My dad's grandpa wanted to end the business but my dad fought him on it and didn't let him."

"Harold Swan right?"

"Yeah how'd you know?"

"Lucky guess."

A conversation that felt endless to Wilbur finally ended with Charlie finishing her ice cream.

"Anyway everyone has finished their ice cream we'll be going, oh and I forgot my wallet stupid me, Wilbur can you pay?"

"Yes, I will pay."

"Before you leave, what's your name?"

"Zackry Mortimer."

"Nice to meet you."

"You too, may we meet again!"

Zack and Charlie go into the ship and sit down on the futon.

"He was nice."

"He was wasn't he?"

Wilbur Opens the door walking in.

"Do you want me to drive you home."

"No I'm going to be staying for the night."

"Why?"

"Because I wanted to make sure you're being nice to Charlie."

"Whatever there's only a futon."

"Sounds good."

Wilbur didn't reply.

"It's getting late, we should head to bed."

"Already?"

"Yep."

"Okay."

Wilbur lays on the futon,
Zack sits leaning in a chair and Charlie lays on the ground by the futon.

As the night continues hail dressed the ship.
Lighting flashing followed by thunder,
The ship violently shook as the wind pushed one direction to snap and go the other.

Charlie wakes up and Swiftly moves to Zack.

"I'm scared."

"Go to your dad."

"I can't."

"Yes you can go over to him,"

Charlie makes her way to Wilbur and pulls his arm down.

"I'm scared."

Wilbur opens his eyes and looks at her.

"No go to Zack... what am I doing? Come here."

The next morning Zack wakes up the storm has cleared, he looks to the futon and sees Charlie next to Wilbur on the futon.

[ CHAPTER III THE OBSERVATORY ]

"Wilbur, wake up."

"I'm up."

Wilbur gets up and walks behind the Futon to talk to Zack.

"How do you feel?"

"Like an asshole, I'm sorry for being horrible all yesterday, Zack thanks for being nice to Charlie when I wasn't."

Charlie popped her head up over the futon

"Is it over?"

"Yes it is."

Wilbur grabbed the remote to the TV and touched its screen putting on the news.

"Reports that billionaire, philanthropist, Hector Oswald signed a deal to sell Oswald Technology Incorporated to rival company CEO Ronald Gates."
Wilbur switches to the next channel.

"Live on 180 news, King George the 35th has been crowned."

"Boring can we watch something interesting?"

"Yeah I agree."

Wilbur turned the TV off.

"It's actually interesting that Oswald is selling the company."

"I've never liked that guy."

"Why."

"I don't know, he Just gives me the creeps, I mean he may give away a ton of money, but I feel like people only like him because they think he will give them his money."

"He was like my childhood I always watched him."

"It's just strange."

"Eh all rich people are strange, Oh and that reminds me, I got to do a job interview today."

"What is it."

"Well in school I had a major in engineering, was at the top of my class, I graduated with a degree and everything, but I never did anything with it, however I got invited to a job interview from the people at OTS and that's probably why they want me, but it's just weird though."

"What's weird?"

"It's at the Observatory and it's like at night and I don't want to put effort into it, but then it's like a really good opportunity."

"You mean the big one that's a once and a lifetime experience to go to?"

"Yeah, I don't know if I should go though."

"I think you should, besides if you do you'll be able to go be a nerd for an hour and if you don't get the job, hey you visited a place that cost over a thousand dollars to go see."

"Don't call me a nerd."

"Nerd."

"This is going nowhere."

"Well I can take Charlie for a bit, and then my house if you're still out"

"Yeah I'll drop you off."

"That being said how long will you be?"

"I'll be back at nine."

"Alright."

"See you later!"

"Good luck with the interview."

"Thanks!"

"Bye love you dad!"

"I love you too."

Wilbur drops off Zack and Charlie, he grabs the suitcase puts it on the coffee table and looks at it.

...

He takes the suitcase and puts it under the futon.

Wilbur heads to the Observatory, he gets out of the ship, the Observatory is a large white dome with a massive telescope peeking out, Wilbur Opens the double doors, he looks inside and sees, absolutely no one.

"Hello? Anyone there?"

Did I read it as pm instead of AM?

Wilbur takes a few steps into the building looking around, the moon being the only light.

"Whatever, waste of my time...."

"Hello Wilbur."

"Hector Oswald! How do you know my name?"

"Your school work grabbed my attention."

"Hector Oswald was around 8 feet tall he was Bald and wide frame."

"But why me? There are people that tenfold of what I do."

"That's because I see great potential in you."

"Really?"

"Yes, here take this."

Hector hands Wilbur a white Lab coat, it goes down to his ankle when he puts it on, there's a weight to it and it feels good.

"I want you to be my apprentice."

"T-this is great! This is better than great."

"But, I need something from you."

"Huh?"

"Follow me, I didn't just choose some random place you know?"

"The Observatory?"

"Yes exactly."

Wilbur sees a rectangle standing in front of the telescope with a glowing print of a hand.

"Now this rectangular box usually controls the skylight and moves the telescope, but there's another function that doesn't meet the eye, with two simple words."

Hector puts his hand on it, he speaks aloud.

"Project Unity."

A voice announces through the building [ACTIVATED].

The floor beside them opens up to a platform with a red button on it.

"Follow me."

They both stand on the platform, Hector pushed the red button.
The platform descends, as it does Wilbur sees passing levels of the building.

"Oswald what is this place?"

"It's an underground lab, we're researching something
very magnificent."

They hit the bottom floor.

[YOU HAVE ARRIVED AT YOUR DESTINATION]

"Where do we go?"

"Down at the end of this hallway."

The hallway is long it looks like it will never end, they both start walking down it.

"Why did you sell OTS?"

"That you will find out in a second."

Wilbur deep in thought has a thousand questions that cannot be asked in a lifetime.

"So where are you taking me?"

"Right Here."

Wilbur sees an oval door with a circular window, on the other side lays a meadow and floating above a crack like a glass cup just sitting there.

"What is that?"

"A fracture between space and time."

"Where does it lead too??"

"Our research has led us to believe that it leads to a pocket Dimension, in it is a tree, this tree is what I call a tree of life a manifestation of infinity, impossibility, the tree grants an Apple if you eat it you can ask for anything impossible, possible, the cure for cancer, solving world hunger, To be a god, anything."

"Why do you need me?"

"Because of the suitcase."

"What, Why would you need that, how do you even know what it is?"

"Wilbur what's in that suitcase would allow me to help so many, I sold my company for 30 billion, I will give you it all, you'll never have to work again, you have all the riches anyone can dream of and your daughter, Charlie will never miss a meal, she won't hunger you and her will give for years to come."

"I can't."

"This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, I suggest you say yes."

"No, I won't give it to you, I can't trust what else you would do with it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Fine, but now, You die"

Hector loses all emotion in his face the second those words slipped out of his mouth.

"What?-"

Zack makes pancakes for Charlie back at his house.

"When will dad come back?"

"He'll come back, don't worry."

"I hope so."

"here, the pancakes are done, it's gonna be alright, okay?"

"Okay."

Back to Wilbur

Hector pulls out what looks to be a slanted handle almost like a box cutter, he presses a button on it and a long gray ribbon comes out.

Wilbur starts running through the hallway.

"How amusing you think you can get away."

heat starts radiating from it, it turns orange from the bottom up and straightens into a blade.

Hector starts charging at Wilbur.

"Shit shit shit!"

Wilbur sees a small trashcan right beside him, he grabs it and swung it directly at hectors head.

*CRASH*

Pieces of paper fly around him, blood came out of his right nostral Hector brought his hand to his face and looked at the blood on his finger.

"That's hilarious, that was the first time someone has drawn my blood in 178 years."

Wilbur makes it to the platform and hits the red button,

"Come on come on, faster."

The platform gets several feet in the air.

"Phew I escaped."

"The platform shook as hector jumped on top of it."

"Shit."

"I told you that you could not escape, Goodbye."

"He raises the saber in the air."

"Wait!"

Hector's saber connects with Wilbur's Right arm, with no resistance it goes
Completely through, it continues through Wilbur's chest.

[YOU HAVE ARRIVED AT YOUR DESTINATION]

"I Guess this is your stop."

Hector picks up Wilbur and moves him to the front door.

"You will die here."

"..."

He walked away Wilbur distantly heard him say "Project Unity".

As Wilbur was laying on the ground, missing an arm haveing no one there, he would die.

"We're going to go check on your dad."

Zack pulls a child's car seat out of a closet and walks outside to his truck, Charlie follows closely.

"Man I didn't know I would ever have to use this again."

He picks up Charlie and puts her in the car seat he starts the car and drives to the observatory,
Zack gets out of the car and shuts the door.

"I'll be right back I just got to get your dad."

Zack's heart raced as he speed-walked to the front door, his mind filled with worry for Charlie, He swung the door open and the words spilled out in a frantic rush of anger, "Wilbur, I swear to God, you said you would be back by nine, and it's already midnight, are you-"

His words caught in his throat when he saw the chilling sight: a dark puddle of blood surrounding Wilbur, who lay on the floor.

"Jesus Christ, Wilbur, what happened?" Zack's voice trembled with fear as he knelt beside his friend.

Panicking, he gently lifted Wilbur into his arms and sprinted to the car, Charlie, watched with wide eyes, terror written across her face.

"Is Dad, is he okay?" Charlie's voice quivered.

Zack tried to sound reassuring, though uncertainty gnawed at him. "Your dad got hurt really bad, Charlie."

"Is he going to be okay?"

He swallowed hard, a lump in his throat. "Yes, he will," he whispered, his words more to reassure himself than Charlie.

With Wilbur in the front passenger seat, Zack floored the accelerator, speeding toward the nearby hospital. The observatory had been a mere four blocks away, and their proximity to medical help gave Zack some hope.

As they arrived at the hospital, Zack's hands gripped the steering wheel tightly. Wilbur was rushed into emergency care, and Zack settled into a hard, plastic chair, never leaving Charlie's side as they waited through the long, agonizing night until the next morning.

"Sir wake up" a nurse said nudgeing.

"You have visitors."

"Ugh everything hurts."

"Dad!"

"My arm is gone... my right one... Well I was right handed."

"What happened?"

"Oswald betrayed me."

"What?"

"The briefcase!"

Wilbur abruptly gets out of bed.

"Sir you shouldn't do that."

"Eh I'll be fine."

"Wilbur what happened?"

"We need to get to the ship!"

"Just follow me."

"Sir you can't leave yet-"

Wilbur ignores the nurse and continues on.

First he grabbed his old clothes and put them on in the bathroom, then He wakes out and picks up Charlie and starts making his way to the ship, Zack followed.

"So uh you're gonna wear your bloody clothes?"

"Better than a gown."

"What do you mean he betrayed you?"

"I'll talk about it When we get to the ship!"

Wilbur moved fast, taking Sharp turns.

He sees the ship covered in snow, he reaches in his pockets looking for his keys.

"Here take Charlie, the door key is gone."

he takes a few steps back, Leading with his shoulder, he slammed into the door.

*CRACK*

The door makes an cracking noise as the door flies open, Wilbur falls to the ground, Zack saliently started at Wilbur, Wilbur reached under the couch and pulled out a briefcase, he put it on the coffee table,
Zack walked in and turned the lights on and put Charlie down, he sits next to Wilbur, Wilbur opened the briefcase, but there was nothing in it.

"As I thought."

"So now are you gonna tell me what happened?"

"I got there and no one was there, and confusingly enough Oswald came out we talked for a minute, he brought me under the observatory and showed me a crack, like broken glass just floating, he said it was to a another realm with a apple tree that can grant any wish, but he needed what was in the briefcase,
It was Knowledge he wanted, the most valuable thing, he offered me 30 billion for it, I adamantly said no, and then he tried to kill me."

"What was in that briefcase?"

"My life's work."

"Your life's work?"

"Yes, in the briefcase there were blue prints, blue prints to a infinite battery,
It's actually what made me so distant to Alex, it's why we broke up."

"Wait wouldn't that help people?"

"It would fix many problems there would be no power outages, and people who can't afford electricity, or places that don't have any would, it was truly revolutionary, but with one massive-

"Dad your boring!

"Yes I know honey."

"Anyway, one masive problem, you see it works off of Fission, Fission is when a neutron Crashes into a larger atom, forcing it to excite and split into two smaller atoms, Additional neutrons that can cause a chain reaction. When each atom splits, creating a tremendous amount of energy."

"What does that mean?"

"I'll explain, The atom bomb works the exact same way, the atoms splitting creates energy and for an atom bomb you would use nuclear energy, but there's no way to contain it, then not making it infinite, I found a very special type of steele that absorbs radiation and turns it into pure energy, which the battery makes nuclear fission. however if anything were to ever go wrong with the battery and it where to crack, it would destroy the planet, it would be like a billion Atom bombs at once."

"And now, he has it, and not only that, he wants to go to, some universe."

"And what are you gonna do?"

"Lay on futon and die."

"What are you going to really do?"

"That but with more macaroni."

"Wilbur? Are you gonna let some old rich guy kill everyone?"

"Probably."

"Wilbur?"

" *Sigh* No I won't let anyone else get hurt, I'm going to confront Oswald... how do I do that?"

[ CHAPTER IV FINAL ]

"Anyone you know? We need to prepare."

"No... Wait actually I know this Woman named Bella, she's an inverter from Italy, she's by the Junk Yard."

"That works, we can fly over and get our equipment."

"We need to put charlie somewhere, we need the ship."

"We could have Paris take her."

"Who?"

"The ice cream guy?"

"Oh him!"

"We can drop her off and then go see Bella."

Wilbur gets in the front of the ship and flies over to the ice cream parlor, Wilbur stays in the ship.

"Hey Paris!"

"Hello Zackry!"

"Can you do me a favor?"

"What is it?".

"Could you take Charlie for a little while?"

"Little lady?"

"Yes."

"Wait I get to hang out with the ice cream guy!?"

"Yes."

"Yay!"

"So is that a yes?"

"Of course it is, anything for the little lady."

"We are on limited time, so we do have to go, thank you."

They both run out to the ship.

"They fly over to the Junk Yard and they both get out of the ship."

"Hello? Bella, it's me Wilbur!"

"Bel-"

"I'm over here nitwit!"

They both run over to her, they see a woman in her late 30's with thick curly hair and green goggles.

"Hello bella!"

"What do you want, What the hell are you wearing?"

"That's irrelevant, why would you assume that I would want something?... Bella."

"Because you always want something- what the hell happened to your arm!?."

"Unenportent anyway, Armor... Weapons... Uh stuff to not die, a lot."

"And why should I do that?"

Zack steps forward in front of Wilbur.

"Bella the stakes of what we are faci-"

'I can handle it Zack."

"Okay, it better work."

"Trust me it will."

"Uhh because I have a wonderful smile and charming personality?"

"He smiled at Bella widely."

"Eh whatever, fine."

"Told ya."

"Dave keep em company, I got to get their stuff."

"Hello."

"Dave the gnome...! It's you."

"Just Dave but okay."

"Sorry for being rude to Gobby."

"I know Gobby isn't real, us gnomes life is pretty short, i had to eat my gnome friends, on a really hungry barren night *sniff* *sniff* ya know it's just really sad I guess."

"sorry about your gnome friends... Dave"

"Alright I'm back, Dave stop crying go weld... Creepy gnome."

"Yes my sadness will make a great sword!"

"Okay Wilbur you get these."

"Gloves?, you know I only can use one."

"That reminds me new arm, oh and theses are Not just any gloves, shock wave gloves."

"Wait really?"

"Here put the arm on and then put this on."

She lines the top of the arm to his cut off arm, it stabs in and connects.

"Ow."

"Don't be a wimp."

It glows blue and he can move it as of it's his own.

"Wow thank you."

"Don't thank me yet."

Wilbur then is handed a necklace with a yellow stone in it.

"Put it on."

"Okay."

"The gloves don't work without it, it's an ancient stone made by the old word bees."

Wilbur puts it around his neck, Honey colored hexagons appear tightly around his body, they dissipates quickly.

"What did that do?"

"Ugh do I have to explain everything?"

"Yes."

"if you get hit, it power's the gloves."

"Oh okay, that was simple."

"And for your tall friend-"

"I'll be fine."

"Alright then good luck with whatever your doing."

"Thanks we'll need it."

Zack replies.

"Why not Zack?"

"Don't worry about me I'll be fine."

"Did I mention the Lazer sword he had?"

"Nope."

"Does that sway you to get armor or weapons?"

"Nope."

"They both walk into the ship."

"So what's the plan?"

"I don't know."

"Hmm we could sneak in?"

"I don't think that would work."

"Why?"

"We went down an elevator thing, It was pretty obvious... I think i have a plan!"

"What is it?"

"You'll see it's good."

"Okay let's do this!"

They make it to the Observatory.

"So the plan?"

"I was thinking of just diving the ship to the bottom."

"Are you serious?"

"No, we can get in the-."

The observatory started shaking.

"Uh something is wrong."

"Clearly!"

A blinding light explodes out of the observatory.

BOOM!!!

the observatory is exploded! The ship shakes uncontrollably.

"Shit I'm losing control of the ship!"

"Well get control again!"

"It's taking energy from the ship, I don't know what to do!"

The ship turns off, it goes into a barrel roll in the air falling down to the ground.

"AHHHHHHH!!"

"PEACE OF-"

the ship goes through what's left of the floor and hits the ground, Wilbur is thrown though the windshield at the wall, the ship finally stops and lays motionless on the ground sideways

"Ugh everything hurts but like less."

"Hello Wilbur."

"You, you cut my arm off."

The room was dark and dusty, debris falling around them, the bright light flashing again, it was a large circular frame flickering.

"A Portal really, Don't you think that's a little Cliche? The big bad guy has a Portal."

"You see the fracture in space and time has lots of energy, but it was leaking, every time I tried Linking it to the portal frame, it wouldn't connect, the energy would leak out, I needed something to hold it open, thanks to your infinite battery now I can complete my goal."

"Enough talking I'm here to end this!"

Wilbur runs at Hector at full speed.

He raises his fist and jumps to try and punch him in the face.

"Nice try."

Hector catches his fist and punches him in the head.

"That's all you got?"

Wilbur's nose is now bleeding.

Hector grabbed Wilbur by his arm and threw him into a wall.

"You'll die, give up."

Wilbur spoke on one knee

"Never, *huff puff* you think you're doing something good, but you're gonna hurt a lot of people."

"Something good? Wilbur I know what I'm doing I know people will die, you dare and think I'm stupid enough to think I'm a good person? That died a long time ago."

"That's it though, you once were a good person, you can stop all of this, you can turn off the portal and this will all be over."

"Nah."

"Oswald grabs Wilbur by the neck."

"Wait, no, Oswald, you can be, better."

Oswald squeezed harder the honey hexagons start to crack and fall out.

Wilbur gasped.

A Axe sinks deep in Oswald's back.

"Put him down!"

"Agh!"

Oswald dropped Wilbur on the ground.

Wilbur gasps for air.

The axe ripped out of his back and into Zack's hand.

"Let's end this."

"You think your simple weapon can kill me?"

Oswald turns around.

"I don't know, but I bet it would hurt like hell."

Zack running at Oswald a flurry of Axes hit him swiping through him deeper then the last.

"AGH Stop!"

The axe's disappeared, Zack stands holding a two handled battle axe.

"Heh do you know who I am?"

"Someone who's going to prison? That's a good guess."

"Oh don't you remember, 63?"

Zack's axe cuts his right arm off and then the other.

"Never call me that!"

"Hit a nerve?"

The bright light comes back, this time the portal is on, it's a blue that fades into white in the center of the portal.

The axe floating rests against Oswald's neck.

Wilbur strands up and runs over.

"So I guess that's done."

Zack ignores Wilbur."

"why shouldn't I kill you?"

"ᴮᴱᶜᴬᵁˢᴱ ᴵ'ⱽᴱ ᴬᴸᴿᴱᴬᴰʸ ᵂᴼᴺ."

His voice goes inhumanely deep and demonic, his head turned backwards the crunch of his neck breaking, they could hear the meat in his neck tearing, he started levitating in the air.

"What the fuck!?"
"What the fuck!?

They exclaimed in unison.

Out of his wounds poured a black liquid like ink, his head continues the wrong direction and turns to Wilbur and Zack, his eyes rolled back his jaw broke, the black liquid flowing out.

"This does not look like winning to me!"

Wilbur said in horror.

Oswald's skin is now pale white, black spots form on his face spreading fast, suddenly swelling like an infected thumb, his Head exploded, his body hit the ground limp and lifeless.

"I'm going to vomit."

"I already did."

The black liquid comes together in front of them and forms the body of a human, Its head was like a swirling never ending pitch black flame, turning into itself, emerged misaligned Teeth forming a smile, above sat silver glossy white eyes. It formed a burgundy cloak with a gold trim, it was 7 feetp tall.

"Greetings."

It looks at Wilbur.

"Hello Finch."

"Why did Hector turn into soup!?"

"That was the deal, I would help him with his needs and when he died I would live."

Zack holds his axe at it.

"What do you want?"

"Mortimer? I want nothing with you, besides magic souls are no help, what I want is on the other side of the Portal."

"What are you?"

"I am Nihility in Infinity however, You can call me Nil."

Nil goes in the Portal.

"I guess we're following that."

"Guess so."

"Ugh I think I just stepped in hector."

They both jump in the portal.

they walk onto a small floating island with grass and lay a single tree with a golden apple on it, they can see into a void around them.

"Wait Nil!"

Wilbur stands in front of unity.

"I can't let you take that apple!"

Wilbur grabbed the apple.

"Wilbur this isn't a good idea."

"Your friend is right, give me the apple."

"Don't do anything or ill throw it into white space or whatever that is."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes!"

"Last chance."

"Nil I'm not giving you the apple!"

"Hmm let's take a peek in your memories to see if there's anything, useful."

Nil eyes turn into static, all Wilbur can hear is white noise.

"Got it."

The noise stops.

"Nil snaps his fingers, and then Charlie appears in it's hand."

"Charlie!"

"Charlie!"

"Give me the apple, or she dies."

"What!?"

"You heard me, now do it."

Nil reached his hand out.

"Fine take it!"

Wilbur throws the apple in it's hand.

"Good."

"A blade completely pichbalck goes through Charlie's stomach."

"No!"

Nil drops Charlie.

Wilbur catches Charlie, he hits his knees.

"Ch- ch- Charlie? Charlie? Charlie!? I'm so sorry I let this happen to you, Charlie! Please I'm so sorry."

She's unresponsive.

"Please just wake up, I'm so sorry."

The truth was he tried and tried but no matter how loud he sceamed, Charlie was dead.

Zack runs over.

"Wilbur, I can help her."

"You can?"

"Yes but she'll be, she'll be like me."

"That's fine."

Zack puts his hand on her forehead.

"I'm sorry Charlie."

Magic goes through his hands.

"Wake!"

Nothing.

"Let me try again."

"Wake!"

"She's not waking up, is she?"

"One more time."

Zack puts his hand on her forehead one on her stomach

"Wake!"

She gasps for air.

"Oh thank goodness you're alive!"

"I feel, tingly."

"Wilbur hugs Charlie."

Meanwhile.

"I wish for my soul back."

Thousands of teeth emerge consuming the apple.

And just like that a turtle appears in front of Nil.

Nil snaps his fingers, suddenly The turtle turned into a humanoid wearing a black suit and a floating white orb for a head and large black eyes.

"brother it's been so long, I've missed you"

"Uni how wonderful it is to see you."

"nil is that a child? what in creators name is going on here?"

"Oh how I missed my soul."

"wait, nil you know if you do this you'll collapse this universe, you take too much energy!"

Nil plunged its hand in unis chest, he pulls out a white flame consuming its own hand.

"Cease."

Uni tuned completely white and Crystalized he fell to the ground, Nil puts the soul in his own chest.

"Zack, take Charlie out of this place it's not safe."

"What, I can't leave you here?"

"It gets worse, then throw the battery the Portal will instantly try to close so be quick."

"I can't do that, I can't leave you here."

"Please, trust me."

"Fine, I'll do it."

"Thank you."

Zack grabs Charlie and runs into the Portal, a few seconds later he throws the battery out to Wilbur.

"Got it."

"Hey Nil I closed the Portal!"

"The universe is collapsing on us, you have doomed only yourself!"

"You misunderstood I didn't need the Portal to close, all I needed was the battery! And I think the shockwave gloves will do just the trick."

Wilbur shoots energy through the battery it gets loud and starts shooting electricity, Wilbur quickly drops it.

You said you were nihility,
Nihility means nothing, You're a void you absorb, and you probably don't take electricity too well, do you?

"Stop talking, you insufferable vessel."

The electricity winds into Nil.

"AGH Stop it fool, ugh let Me out!"

Wilbur takes a running start and bear hugs Nil and pushes it off the island into the void.

"Do you know what your doing?"

"Honestly I don't, but I do know you do"

"We will Plunge into the void, No!"

They enter the void, the void is cold and bright.

"Do you know how many years your taking off your life?"

Nil pushes himself off of Wilbur.

"You die this day!"

"And so do you!"

Wilbur plunged his hand in its chest.

"No, do you know what It would be like to die without a soul!?"

"Eh I don't really care."

Wilbur ripped the soul out of Nil's body.

"NO!"

Nil dissipated into nothing.

Wilbur looks at the soul in his hand.

"So uh guess we both die, sorry about that."

Wilbur sat floating for a few minutes.

"Pretty boring... Wait is that the battery!?"

Wilbur sees the battery floating beside him, he, air swims slowly over to it and grabs it, he touches the both ends of it, he feels energy go through the gloves.

"She didn't tell me this could take electricity?"

In one hand the soul the other he pointed into the void.

"How do I get this to wor-"

Energy shoots out of the glove and blasts him back out of the void onto the island.

"That was easy, oh yeah dead guy."

Wilbur puts the soul in uni's chest.

"oh I'm awake now."

He looks over at Wilbur.

"is nil?"

"Yeah, sorry."

"i knew it would happen at some point."

"Who are you?"

"i'm uni I was, his brother."

"I'm-"

"wilbur finch I already know, you probably want to go home don't you?"

"Yeah it is a plan of mine."

"Well Cary on then."

A rainbow colored Portal Opens in front of Wilbur.

"Wait how did you know my name?"

"till we meet, wilbur."

Uni pushed Wilbur out of the portal.

Wilbur, are you okay?"

"I think I met God."

Charlie hugs Wilburs arm.

"Dad you're alive!"

"Yeah somehow."

"What happened?"

"A lot I'll tell you Later, now how do we get out of here?"

Wilbur starts floating Charlie next to him.

"Huh?"

"WEEEE!"

"Powers, remember?"

"Oh yeah."

They are put inside the ruble of the building, Zack floats up with them.

"So were do we go?"

"I have a house you guys could stay at, untill everything figured out?"

"Yeah that'll work."

"you want to talk about your Powers?"

"I'm a century, as the name States we live endless seasons, and depending upon your parents powers you can get varus Powers."

"I thought they all were dead?"

"For the most part yes, there are very few due to the horrific acts against them."

As they walk Wilbur feels sharp pain in his side.

"Ow."

"What?"

"Black spot on my side."

"strange."

"Ya know what? it doesn't matter, I'm not worried."

[15 YEARS LATER]

Wilbur would be brought to the hospital due to intense pain in his side, he was Riddled with a unknown sickness, over the course of the last 15 years it worsened, he was ordered to stay in the hospital for a week,
By his bed stood his Charlie, beside her was Zack, it was quiet.

"Wilbur I can save you, I can do what id for charlie."

"That would kill you correct?"

"Yes... It would."

"No."

"..."

"Wilbur please just let me."

"I've lived long enough, I have everything I've ever wanted."

"Charlie."

"Yes, Dad?"

"If and I'm going to keep it at if, if I go, if I leave you, live."

"Zack, will you take care of her?"

"Wilbur please, it doesn't have to end."

"Zack you know that's a lie, everything has to end for there to be a beginning, now promise me."

"Yes, I will."

A nurse walked out and tapped Zack on the shoulder.

"Hey uh Excuse me you're visiting hours are up."

"Alright we'll be just a moment."

"Okay."

They walked out.

"Love you bye."

"Love you dad."

"Zack, may we meet again."

"May we."

Five hours later, on a truly unremarkable day Wilbur would go into Cardiac arrest, CPR was attempted Three times, it failed, at 12:23 pm December 11th 2065. Wilbur was pronounced dead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1 0 1
⭐서울&경기⭐O❶⓪-2133-7544❤️합정동서양인출장마사지후기❤️후불⭐#견지동러시아홈타이번호,#반포동코스타리카여자출장안마추천,#상하베네수엘라여성출장마사지후기⭐서울&경기⭐O➀O-2133-7544❤️광명백마출장맛사지추천❤️후불⭐#사당외국인출장안마,#석관멕시코여자출장안마...
77.7K 8.1K 144
Back by popular request! The 2017 rough draft of The Virus Within! (Caution: Contains massive plotholes that were fixed in the polished The Virus Wi...
2.1K 55 15
Hola soy M.E.OC y este el primer Fan fic que hago en mi vida, esta basada en una de mis series favoritas de youtube hecha por Alan Becker Animator vs...
1 0 1
《英国本科文凭证书急速办理利兹贝克特大学毕业证和学位证》Q微-1954 292 140《LeedsBeckett毕业证和学位证办理》如已删请点开网页快照,办理利兹贝克特大学真实教育部学位认证,国外假文凭成绩单,假学历,假毕业证,国外假文凭找工作!给家人看! #澳洲文凭毕业证 #美国毕业证 #英国文...