OMEGA (Under Rewrite)

By TinyZebraThing

She's the Omega; he's the Alpha's son. Her life's been full of pain; his has been full of parties, popularity... More

OMEGA
Chapter 1 - And here I thought my life couldn't get any worse...
Chapter 2 - My Mate's an asshole...
Chapter 3 - Why does the world hate me?
Chapter 4 - And my life just keeps on getting better...
Chapter 5 - What the hell is happening?!
Chapter 6 - Never going to happen...
Chapter 7 - Danger Zone...
Chapter 8 - Why?
Chapter 9 - There's never a dull moment when he's around...
Chapter 10 - Uncomfortable tension
Chapter 11 - Oh, God.
Chapter 12 - Ironic meanings...
Chapter 13 - Wait, what?!
Chapter 14 - Idiot.
Chapter 15 - God, this is so weird...
Chapter 16 - Wait... what exactly is he saying...?
Chapter 17 - Yep, this is definitely not going to be easy...
Chapter 18 - Oh... crap.
Chapter 19 - Well, here goes nothing...
Chapter 20 - What the hell do I do?!
Chapter 21 - Is he being serious?
Chapter 22 - Should I trust him?
Chapter 23 - Should I tell them?
Chapter 24 - What's that supposed to mean?
Chapter 25 - That's... true.
Chapter 26 - Where the hell is she?
Chapter 27 - I think I'm going to be sick.
Chapter 28 - Oh, god... what am I going to do?
Chapter 29 - I used to be able to make her smile like that.
Chapter 30 - She's trying to be strong.
Chapter 31 - I don't know...
Chapter 32 - A tale as old as time.
Chapter 33 - We'll figure this out.
Chapter 34 - Where the hell did that come from?
Chapter 35 - No.
Chapter 36 - We're basically dead already.
Chapter 37 - I'm so confused right now.
Chapter 39 - Isn't life just great?
Chapter 40 - Oh, God... please stop talking.
Chapter 41 - I could never hate you.
Chapter 42 - I still don't like it.
Chapter 43 - What's going on?
Chapter 44 - An unexpected friendship.
Chapter 45 - This definitely wasn't part of the plan.
Chapter 46 - Are we going to die?
Chapter 47 - I can't save her...
Epilogue
LONE WOLF (Sequel)
So, you thought it was all over? (Important Announcement)

Chapter 38 - What the hell have I done?

90.4K 2.4K 2.1K
By TinyZebraThing

Chapter 38 - What the hell have I done?

Lucy's POV

The second we both enter the cave, away from prying ears and the rest of the group, something inside me snaps. The blanket of controlled calmness that I needed whilst we escaped is completely ripped away now that we're out of danger, and I turn around to glare at Beck. I am pissed.

"What the fuck, Beck?" I hiss, sounding closer to a snake than a wolf right now.

"I - I can explain," he replies after his initial shocked pause. I have never been this mad at him and we both know it, although I feel like I have a pretty good reason if I'm honest.

He. Lied.

"You know what? Save it. I don't even want to hear it," I snap, knowing even as the words leave my mouth that it's a complete lie. I want answers; it's the only reason I'm still here.

"Shorty, please," he sighs, reaching for my hand but I pull it away from him faster than lightening.

"Don't fucking touch me, and don't 'Shorty' me either!" I seethe, taking a step back away from him. "I can't believe you!"

"I - I tried to tell you," he says, his words coming out fast and tumbling over each other slightly as he rushes to get them out. "I wanted to tell you, okay? I was going to tell you..."

"No you weren't," I reply, calling him on his outright lie. "The only reason the thought of telling me crossed your mind is because you knew I was running too close to your damn father."

"That's not true," he denies with a shake of his head. He goes to reach for me again but I step even further away.

"I said don't," I snap.

"I thought about telling you every single time I saw you, okay?" He says, his voice verging on panic now.

Good, let the lying little weasel freak, he deserves it.

"But you didn't," I reply, showing him straight-up that I don't give a shit about what he thought about doing. "You didn't tell me and you were never planning to." He opens his mouth to protest but I cut him off before he gets the chance to. "Admit it! If your father wasn't still hanging around you would've happily kept me in the dark for the rest of my life."

"I-" he starts, but the completely 'busted' expression on his face tells me I hit the nail right on the head. Unbelievable! "Okay - Okay so you're right. No, I wasn't going to tell you."

"God, you're such an asshole!" I practically yell at him. "Justin was right all along; I never should have trusted you!"

"Don't say that, Lucy, please," he sighs. "Of course you can trust me."

"Oh, yeah, because that's worked out so well so far," I scoff sarcastically, shaking my head and turning my back on him in disbelief.

"Look, I didn't tell you because I knew that this is how you'd react," he tries to reason, but I'm not having any of it. He may have been feeding me all his bullshit for the past three years, but I refuse to listen to it any longer.

"Well I feel as though my reaction is pretty damn just if you ask me!" I seethe, turning back to glare at him. He is so full of shit!

"Not completely," he sighs, and then interrupts me before I can fire any more of my indignant word ammunition his way. "What did you tell Justin right after we broke you out of your old house, about Devlin?"

Frowning, I study him carefully, not really sure what he's getting at. A lot happened that day; he could be talking about anything.

Sighing, Beck decides to elaborate. "You told him that Devlin couldn't choose his parents, Lucy, just like I can't choose mine. Please, just let me explain my side of the story."

And if that isn't what you call words coming back to bite you on the ass then I don't know what is.

After a few seconds of deliberation, I sigh as well and fold my arms across my chest.

"Fine," I mutter. "Just don't expect me to stick around afterwards."

He makes one final sound of frustration at my obvious lack of faith in him, sounding somewhere between a groan and a sigh, before running a hand through his hair and limping over to the sofa and plonking down onto it, wincing slightly at the impact. Gingerly, I move to perch on the arm of the sofa on the opposite side, trying to keep some distance between us as I throw my legs over to rest on the actual cushion of the sofa, facing him.

He's quiet for a few seconds, seemingly gathering his thoughts and finding the best way to tell me whatever it is he wants to tell me.

"I was ten when your parents died," he eventually says, his voice quiet as he thinks back to whatever memory he has of the incident. "My mum had only died a week before."

That brings the reality of the situation crashing down on me in one big wave. If Beck really is Kailen's son then that means... that means my dad killed his mum. Oh, God.

"I understood the situation more than I really wanted to," he continues, a frown forming between his eyebrows slightly. "Instead of just grieving like a normal person would, Kailen decided that the only thing to do was take revenge on her killer. Out of everyone he's ever known, I'm pretty sure my mum was the only person he's ever truly cared about, including me. He's only ever seen me as a warrior, but my mum..." he sighs and shakes his head. "They were pre-destined mates, knew it from the second they set eyes on each other back in Ireland, and he never looked back. She was the only person to ever make him happy, you know? I mean, everyone else he was satisfied with as long as they played by his rules, but she could've broken his rules ten-thousand times over again and I doubt he'd have given a single shit. His view of her would never change."

Beck breaks off with another sigh and leans back against the sofa, glancing over at me to find me watching him carefully as I take in everything he's saying.

"Obviously, when she was taken away from him, he wasn't exactly thrilled. He became a monster, not that he was all that great before, but this... this was something else entirely. I mean, my father was never a top-notch guy but, then again, rogues never are. He was strict, intimidating and even cruel when he had to be, but my mum usually helped to dispel his dark side. With her gone... he was awful to say the least. He didn't care if we'd been following the rules to precision, if he felt the need to punish you then he'd do it without hesitation." A slight shudder runs through Beck as he says this, barely noticeable but I still see it, and I get the distinct feeling that he's not giving the full story on that specific detail. "He turned his grief into bitterness and has never decided to let go of it.

"He sent me away for a few years," he continues. "He said it was to train me up but I knew that it was just because he couldn't be arsed to deal with me. It was kind of an on and off thing, where I'd go off for a few months and then come back home again. The group had been staying here in the forbidden land for a while and Kailen had no intention of moving until he decided that his revenge plan had be completed to the highest level. So, when I was fourteen he cut my trip short and ordered me back home only to tell me that he'd heard of a rumour about there being an orphan in the Detroit Pack... you. He'd already sent someone off to go and find out who you were so he knew that you existed. He wanted to wait, didn't want to kill you straight away," that sends an involuntary shiver down my spine, "and so he wanted me to watch you. He asked me to follow you around a little, dig up all the dirt I could find on you and, of course, I said yes. You were lucky to come out of an argument with Kailen unharmed before my mother had died, picking to argue with him after was basically suicide, even for his son."

"Did you want to do it?" I can't help but ask, my anger momentarily forgotten as the question repeats itself over and over again in my mind. "The revenge plan, I mean."

"No," he says immediately and shakes his head, no signs of lying in either his voice or expression.

Then again, I'm apparently not exactly a great lie detector when it comes to Beck.

"Why?" I ask, not entirely believing him. "I mean, my dad killed your mum, so why wouldn't you?"

"I was trained by Kailen," he says, his eyes unwavering as they meet mine, "but I was raised by my mum. At first, yeah, I was pissed and the idea of revenge was somewhat tempting, but I knew my mum would've hated the very thought of it. She wasn't a fan of violence, she was more of a peace treaty kind of person, and that's exactly what she tried to bring me up to be. I wasn't going to disrespect her by going against everything she ever stood for, no way in hell."

"But you went along with it," I remind him, causing him to wince. "At least, some of it... you agreed to spy on me."

"I was scared," he admits with a shrug, glancing away from me as he bites down on his lip, showing to me that this is the first time in a long time that he's struggled to keep his emotions in check. "I was scared of Kailen and I was scared that he'd send me... away - again."

"Where exactly did he send you?" I pry, not sure whether I really want to know the answer.

As I watch, Beck successfully locks away his emotions, his face becoming impassive as he replies. It's kind of scary to watch, actually. "Oh, you know... around."

Okay, note to self, no more talk on where he went.

"So, what exactly did you find? When you were spying on me, I mean," I ask, deciding to change the subject.

"I found that you had more courage in you than any nine year old should ever have to have," he replies with a small smile. "And I respected you for it, a lot. I saw how you were treated, how you slowly but surely got pushed further and further down to the ranking of Omega, how that dickhead Justin just turned his back on you and abandoned you... I was there the whole time just - watching. It made me feel sick the way that you were treated, the way that I couldn't do a single thing to help... I wanted to, believe me, I did. I just couldn't. Not just because I was supposed to be on a mission, but also because I didn't have the courage to face the wrath of my father if I ever went against his orders.

"You were the one that eventually convinced me to stop being such a coward," he admits with another small smile, "even if you weren't aware of it. For nearly two years I continued to follow Kailen's orders, watching from the shadows and having to see you get up every single day and face the world head-on with no argument. You just... did it. You were eleven and yet you still carried the same courage with you that you did when you were nine, even after two years of hell. You refused to let it break you."

"I didn't even know you were there," I mutter, not sure whether to feel creeped out that he'd spied on me for so long or comforted by the fact that I'd never had to live through my personal hell alone.

"Good. You weren't supposed to. Kailen would've killed me without hesitation if I'd fucked up his stupid plan."

"So, what happened next?" I ask curiously.

"I formed a plan of my own," he admits with a shrug. "I wanted to help you and I knew I couldn't do that with Kailen breathing down my neck, I also knew that he wasn't planning on hurting you anytime soon, so I ran. I wanted him to think that I was gone for good, so I stayed away for about a year and a half before returning. That's where I picked up most of the tricks that I use now, when I was on the run. It wasn't easy but I managed."

"So, what, you just came back and moved into the cave? Weren't you worried that Kailen might pick up your scent or something?"

"No," Beck says with a shrug. "He hardly ever left the camp when I lived there and apparently he still doesn't. He prefers to send out his little henchmen instead to do the dirty work for him, so the chances of him catching my scent were slim as long as I was careful about where I went."

"What about the other rogues, wouldn't they have recognised it?"

"No. Rogues move in and out of different camps all the time, they're dotted all over the place," he explains. "By the time I came back, there were hardly any of the ones I used to know still there, if any at all."

"What about Kailen? Didn't he have any friends that stuck around?" I ask, finding that pretty impossible to believe.

"No, my father doesn't have friends. He has followers, he has allies or he has enemies. There's no grey when it comes to him, just black or white unless it involved mum."

"Okay, so what was the plan when you came back?"

"To get you to trust me enough to leave your Pack," he admits kind of sheepishly.

"Of course," I sigh, rolling my eyes. "You really were never going to tell me, were you? If I'd said yes this morning to running away with you, I'd have never found any of this out."

"Probably not," he sighs. "Then again, that was kind of the point. If we'd just gone then we wouldn't have to deal with any of this anymore. We could've just had a completely fresh start."

"I doubt it would've been that simple," I sigh.

"You'd be surprised," he tells me. "I've had to up and leave a few times, whenever I had a scare that the rogues might have found me. You know at the start when I'd tell you I was going away for a few months?"

I nod. Those times always sucked for me.

"I started a new life out each time I left until I thought it was safe to return to my old one," he informs with a shrug. "If it wasn't for wanting to keep you safe, I probably wouldn't have come back."

Feeling that this conversation is now going down a completely new path that I don't want to open, I try and steer it back to the original point.

"So what happened when you first came back, besides moving in here?" I motion to the cave around us.

"I went looking for you," he replies with a slight laugh. "It didn't take long either, apparently you'd become a big fan of exploring the forest whilst I was away." My cheeks heat at that.

Oops? That probably wasn't the best idea whilst having an entire group of rogues wanting me dead. Although, in my defence, I had no idea that the rogues even existed at the time.

"Anyway, I wasn't really sure how to approach you. I mean, you were young but you weren't stupid, you knew the whole stranger danger deal." I snort at that. "In the end, though, I didn't really have a choice but to intervene. Not when I saw you headed straight for a hunters bear trap."

I think that over, knowing exactly which incident he's referring to.

"You were following me?" I guess. "That's how you were there in time to keep me from snapping my leg off."

"Yeah, that would've been pretty pointless," he says with a smirk. "Going through all that trouble of defying my father, only to have you die anyway."

"And from then on, what, you've been trying to gain my trust enough to get me to run away with you?"

"Pretty much, yeah," he admits. "I came pretty damn close to succeeding once or twice too."

"That's... crazy. You know that, right?" I say, not sure whether to be pissed or impressed at just how well he's managed to carry out his plan.

"Yeah, well, my life hasn't exactly been normal," he replies. "Yours neither."

"I..." I cut off with a sigh. "I don't know what to say, about anything."

"I wasn't one-hundred percent sure that my father was even still in the area when I came back," Beck admits with another small shrug. "I hoped that he'd given up and moved on to another camp. It wasn't until you came to me asking for help that I knew for certain it was still him. Everyone in the town was terrified of him."

I remain silent for a few seconds as I think everything over. So, Beck's mum was... good? A good rogue, is that even possible? Apparently so. And Beck, Beck is definitely Kailen's son, but he doesn't want to be. His dad's all for violence but his mum was pure peace... and I thought my home life was a mess. So... where does that leave Beck exactly? He went along with Kailen's plan but not because he wanted to, simply because he was scared of his father, and he knows that his mum would be completely against the whole plan. So that would leave Beck feeling... extremely guilty, I guess. Guilty for going along with a plan to kill me as well as defying everything his mother tried to teach him. So where the hell does this all leave our friendship? He still lied to me, that point's never going to change, and he even admits now that he was never planning on telling me.

There is a mix of emotions floating around inside me right now: Anger, hurt and betrayal (most definitely) but also sympathy, loss and (I hate to admit it) understanding. Beck was only young when this all happened, what fourteen year old wants to have to defy their crazy-ass rogue father? I know I sure as hell wouldn't want to have been in that position. Although it's the sense of loss that cuts the deepest into my heart because I know that, from here on out, nothing is going to be the same between us again... not really, not like we used to be. I can feel my best friend slipping away with every passing second, with each new secret that's revealed, and I hate it.

What the hell am I supposed to tell him? That it's okay...? Well it most certainly isn't. He still lied to me about everything, which had absolutely nothing to do with being afraid of Kailen, he did it for his own selfish reasons. He just didn't want the confrontation and drama that came with the truth.

I thought getting these answers would make everything easier to understand and deal with but it doesn't; I'm still as upset and confused as I was when I entered the cave, I just know more specific detail.

"Lucy," he murmurs quietly, his voice hesitant as if he almost doesn't want me to hear.

"Hmm?" I reply, only partly listening.

"I..." he clears his throat. "I think I'm in love with you."

A silence follows. A dead, dead silence in which I snap my head up so fast to stare at him in shock that I'm surprised my neck doesn't break. Did he just...? No, no he did not just... but he did, he so did and this is so not what I need right now. I can't... I don't even... what?

For the third time today, Beck has managed to pull the rug clean out from underneath me, leaving me to feel slightly dizzy and completely off-balance.

I jump off the sofa faster than a lightning bolt, trying not to wince when I see him painfully do the same thing, the cuts on his front obviously making the task much more difficult and much less graceful than it was for me.

"I, um... what?" is all I manage to say as I turn to face him, crossing my arms self-consciously over my stomach. If I thought that I was losing my best friend before then he's completely lost now, and it sucks.

"You heard," he sighs, his eyes not wavering from mine but his face pinched slightly as if this had been the exact reaction he was expecting.

"I - you can't just... what?" I ask again, not wanting to believe this is happening.

I can't deal with this right now! This morning he asked me to run away with him, this afternoon I found out that he's Kailen's son and tonight - tonight he's telling me he's in love with me? Jesus! Has this guy ever heard of subtly breaking in?

"Oh, come on," he says. "You must've guessed something was going on by now."

I had. I'd guessed it a while ago, I know I had, but the key thing was that I'd always successfully denied it and avoided the subject like a black hole. You fly too close then you get sucked in, leading to internal combustion. Well, this is me currently internally combusting from a deep void that I'll never be able to escape from. Beck is in love with me, and what makes it worse is that Amy totally called it!

"I... Oh, God," I sigh, hiding my face in my hands. Why now? Why does this have to happen now? Wasn't finding out that my best friend's the son of the rogue that wants to kill me enough? Now I find out he sees me as more than just his best friend too? "Beck... Jesus Christ! You can't just throw this on a girl who's had a day as crappy as mine has been!"

"Sorry, but I knew if I didn't tell you now then I never would," he admits, looking a mix between relieved, guilty and wounded (no doubt at my reaction).

"How long?" I ask, completely aware of how angry I sound right now. Anger's good, it's a lot more simple than all the other shit I'm feeling right now. This is just... I just... Ugh!

"About half a year," he replies with a sigh. "Maybe a bit less than that. It was sometime around your eighteenth, I think."

"Jesus Christ, Beck, you've seen me in my damn underwear!" I snap as my face heats up in embarrassment as I think back to all those times I didn't have pyjamas with me when I decided last minute to stay the night.

"Yeah..." he says, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly before we fall back into an uncomfortable silence.

"I can't deal with this right now," I eventually sigh, wanting nothing more than for the floor to just open up so I can fall into it and not have to be here anymore.

"Luce," he sighs, letting his arm fall back down to his side.

"No, okay? Just no. You don't love me; you can't love me," I say, trying to keep my voice strong whilst inside I'm falling apart.

"Why the hell not?" he asks, sounding somewhat offended now.

"Because-" I snap my mouth shut, unsure of how to answer.

'Because you're Beck' is what I want to scream at him, but I know that's not much of an explanation. Then again, neither is not saying anything at all.

"Because you just can't," I eventually sigh pathetically, knowing fully well that it's a crap response.

"Why, Lucy? Just give me one good reason and then we'll never have to talk about this conversation again. Ever," he promises, looking a strange mixture of determined and defeated. His expression is just one huge oxymoron.

"I-" I start, scrambling my brain to come up with some kind of reason that he'll agree with and eventually turning back to my internal debate from earlier. "I... what if you don't really love me, you just think you do?" I ask.

"What?" he asks in return, his oxymoron expression turning to complete confusion.

"What if it's really just... guilt?" I ask, cringing as I say it and ploughing on before he has time to react. "I mean, you said it yourself, you never wanted to go along with your father's plan, but you felt like you had to. You've known all along that you screwed me over at first and, if there's one thing I know about you, it's that you're loyal. You never screw your friends over, Beck, but you've had this black mark on your record even before we became friends. What if you're just trying to make up for it? You said that after your mum died your father turned his grief into bitterness... what if you're doing something similar now?"

"That's complete bullshit," he snaps, looking about as angry as I felt earlier.

I don't like the explanation any more than he does, really. I don't want to think that the only reason Beck ever spent the time of day looking out for me is because he felt guilty, but what if it's true? What if it was just his guilty conscience? What if...

"What if you never really cared about me?" I ask aloud, a frown forming on my face as I think about it.

From the look on his face, I've officially managed to shock him into silence with that one question.

"You think I don't really care?" he asks eventually, his voice full of disbelief. Then, before I can answer or even respond in any way, he's reaching out and pulling me straight to him as he connects his lips with mine.

Holy crap he's kissing me. Beck is kissing me! He's really-

Our lips break apart even faster than they connected, leaving my brain reeling and my thoughts scattered all over the place. What the fuck?

"Of course I care about you, you idiot," he says, his eyes staring into mine as they try to send me some kind of message that my brain is still too jumbled to try and read.

"I-" is all I manage to get out, not even sure what I'm about to say, before his lips are back on mine and I just feel... warm.

I kiss him back, my mind still unable to catch up with what's currently happening. I don't know what's going on right now, but I do know that I don't want this feeling to end because, right now, that hole that formed in my heart when I realised that I was losing Beck is fully healed. I haven't lost Beck, he's right here, we're both here.

Somehow, we end up on the sofa, which is kind of ironic when you think about the amount of time we've spent sat here just hanging out. Now, there's less of the hanging out and more of the making out going on. He's sat where he was before but this time, instead of sitting on the arm of the chair, I'm straddling his legs at the same time as trying to be careful not to put too much pressure on his still bleeding cuts. We should really probably stop so he can clean them and get them bandaged up.

His hands move from where they're currently running through my hair down to my lower back as our lips continue to dance together. In return, I move my hands from where they rest on his shoulders up to twist into his hair, earning a quiet moan from him.

Holy crap this is crazy and, when I say crazy, I mean full blown insanity. I'm making out with Beck! As in, my best friend Beck and I are currently making out! How the hell did this happen? I mean, obviously, I know how it happened I just mean-

"Stop thinking," he murmurs, moving his lips to trail little butterfly kisses down my neck.

"I'm not," I lie, my voice sounding breathless as he makes his way back up and along my jawline.

"Yes you are," he accuses, his lips forming into a slight smile as he continues along my jaw before working his way back to my mouth. "I know you, Shorty, your mind is on overdrive right now."

"Sorry," I mumble, moving my arms back down again to clasp behind his neck as our lips reconnect.

It's weird, though, now that my mind's slowly coming back to me and reality crashes down. I'm kissing my best friend and it is just so wrong on so many levels. One of those levels being that I kissed Justin on Tuesday...

A wave of dread flows through me.

Oh, God... Justin! What the hell am I doing?

"Stop!" I say, the panic evident in my voice as I break the kiss off and move my hands to push his shoulders back slightly.

What the hell did we just do?

"What's wrong?" he asks, clearly taken off-guard by my sudden outburst.

What's wrong? What's wrong is that I'm a completely stupid bitch! What the fuck am I playing at? I'm supposed to be mad at Beck, we're supposed to be arguing right now, this is not how this was supposed to turn out. Then again, he wasn't supposed to tell me he loved me either, but that just makes me even more stupid and even more of a bitch. The guy told me he loved me and then I kissed him! What kind of bloody signal that must have sent! Oh, God...

"This," I reply. "This is so, so wrong."

"Lucy," he sighs as he reaches back for me, but I quickly scramble off his lap and back onto my feet to stop him.

"No, don't!" I reply, my voice rising higher at the end due to my current internal freak-out.

We stay completely unmoving for a few seconds, with him sat watching me and me stood staring straight back, before I finally decide to speak up.

"I think I should go," I say awkwardly, not really sure what else to say.

I just fucked up and now I have to leave.

"What? No, wait!" he says, the panic now evident in his voice and he stands up as well, causing me to take two huge steps backwards.

Oh, God, what the fuck did I do?

"I - I have to go," I repeat, quickly turning to head out of the cave, but Beck's hand grabbing onto my arm and forcing me back to face him prevents me from doing so.

"Lucy, please, let's just... let's just talk about this, okay?" he says.

"No, Beck, I can't," I tell him, removing my arm from his grip as tears begin to form for the hundredth time today behind my eyes. "I - I'm sorry but I can't do this right now."

"Luce, listen-" he begins but I interrupt him.

"Beck, please," I whisper, shaking my head. "I can't. I need... space. I can't think right now. Please."

He doesn't say anything to that, but he doesn't need to, the reluctantly defeated expression on his face says it all for him.

"God, I'm so sorry," I cry before turning back around and walking out, leaving him stood alone.

For the entire of the journey home, only one question repeats itself over and over inside my head:

What the hell have I done?

(Hey guys!!! So... what do you think? I really enjoyed writing this one :D As I said in the last chapter, I've been planning it for ages. It was weird, though, because my plan was slightly different to what I actually wrote but I like this version even better :) I don't know what your reactions are going to be like over the Beck/Lucy moment in this chapter but I decided it needed to be done :D

IMPORTANT!!! I know some of you see the age gap between Beck and Lucy as weird but to fit in everything about Beck's past before he met her, I couldn't really see a way around it. Also, I just want to clarify that Beck did NOT have any romantic feelings towards Lucy BEFORE she turned sixteen. He only admired her AS A FRIEND!!! I don't want people to assume that it was a love at first sight thing because it wasn't and, let's face it, that's not really Beck's style :) Not to mention the fact that it would be totally weird as she was only nine when he first knew she existed. So, yeah... I just wanted to mention that in case anyone was wondering.

Anyways, I have an announcement to make about reading requests from you guys :) It's not bad, don't worry haha. I know a lot of authors on Wattpad are all like 'DON'T SEND ME THEM! RAWWWR!!!' but I don't want to be one of those people. Some of you have asked me to take a look at some of your work by either inboxing me or via my message board and I've told you I'd take a look and get back to you. I just wanted to say that I have EVERY INTENTION of doing that :) Some of you I've already got back to but some of you are still waiting and I'm sorry about that. I haven't forgotten, though, and I have all the info listed and everything to make sure I remember to do it :) It might take a while, though, and sorry about that, but I'm obviously writing this story still and am planning others as well which takes up quite a bit of my time, especially as I've just come out of exam season and all. So, yeah, I guess what I'm trying to say in this unnecessarily long paragraph is that I will get back to you eventually :) Sorry for the wait.

So... yeah, back to this story!!! I can't believe we're so close to the end, guys!!! I'm so sad but also so excited :( :D !!! The next chapter is going to be good (hopefully) and slightly more lighthearted after all the ups and downs that have happened in the past few.

ALSO!!! I've been waiting to announce this FOR AGESSS but have never been quite sure when to tell you, haha. I'm still not sure if I should wait to tell you once I've finished this book but, what the hell, you've gotta live dangerously, right? So... I wanted to know your opinions on the idea of there possibly maybe being a SEQUEL?! And when I say 'idea' and 'possibly maybe', I mean I've been planning it from probably about chapter 12ish onwards of writing OMEGA. Now I know I said in the very first chapter that I was purely writing this story as a one-off to escape from my GCSE's but, hey, GCSE's are over and now so is my AS year so it's pretty much a moot point, right? :) Anyway, I'm not going to tell you anything about the sequel AT ALL as I don't want it to possibly ruin the end of this story if you get what I mean? All you have to know is that it will be epic and will involve some old and some new characters ;) Full info will be given in the A/N of the epilogue of this story, which shouldn't be too long now. So... yeah, there's that piece of info that I've been holding in for so long now typed for you all to see :D I'm loving this, first I finally get to fess up about Beck and now this? I've been freaking out to my friend's about all of this because I had no one else to tell, haha :') Now you all know!

So... yeah... I'm now rambling and need to stop so you can actually read all of these words that I've just typed up :) I hope you enjoyed the chapter and don't forget to Vote/Comment/Add/Follow if you think it's worth it :) Thanks for reading, you're all awesome for sticking with the story for so long. Sorry for the long A/N, I've just scrolled through and realised it's a chapter in itself :') So... okay... until next time, I guess... byee!!!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.7K 2.5K 18
He's a werewolf; she's a human. He's heartbroken; she's the town's heartbreaker. He's running from his past; she's racing towards her future. He's fu...
2.7M 80.6K 48
The door opened quietly, Hades entered with all his glory, he looked at me with angry eyes. I gulped, "Before you say anything, I just want to tell...
54.4K 2.6K 64
THIS IS THE WHOLE SERIES I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY BOOKS THERE WILL BE! Blaze is a macho black haired and blue eyed guy who is destined to be alpha. He's...
46.9K 2.1K 40
It's a story about werewolves (cliché!) A girl named Heaven who was a former member of the Phantom pack. But after years of being abused and neglecte...