Midnight Memories

By CallmeCristine

• An Eremika Vampire Au The moon turns Vermilion The horror and nightmares Keeps her... More

MIDNIGHT Memories
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 [Bittersweet]
Final Note

Epilogue [Would they be able to have their happy ever after now?]

44 0 0
By CallmeCristine

This is the final part of the book and to be honest, I wrote this first before chapter 27 and I thought of this finale while washing the dishes so kyah, enjoy. Classes are about to begin for me again and I hope I can through all of this, good luck with your classes as well.
Written July 27-28.

-------------------------------------------------

Epilogue

Mikane Azumabito, 22, was busy readying herself for a date. She is infront of her small vanity table doing her make up. She wasn't thrilled to meet whoever the man she will date, it was a blind date to begin with set up by Szasza, Jhin, and Aermin to a friend they had from their department before. This is her third date this month, a lot of her dates doesn't really end well or they loose touch of each other so, she wasn't really looking forward to anything in particular.

"Trust me, Mika." Szasza, who had barged in on her room with a potato chips in hand tells her.
" You would love this guy, he's fun loving. Well he's a bit resentful but he's a fine guy. He wasn't as bad as your ex."
She even wiggled her eyebrows.

Her ex, wasn't bad, Porco Galliard was her first boyfriend and her first kiss, their relationship lasted for two years, starting from when she was nineteen until she was twenty one. There is no cheating between them, they just fell out of love with each other and decided to end it all and be friends. It didn't take long for him to find the woman he dreams while she was on her quest to find her the one.

" Seriously, are you trying to build him up or are you making me feel turned off? " Mikane raised her brow as she tried to remove the excess lip stain on her lip's lower corner. Szasza laughs,
" Both. "

She sigh, Szasza was very unserious. She turn to look at her friend. " Does it look good on me?"  She was talking about her make up and Szasza immediately nods. "Yep, he'll be whipped when he see you."

" Oh come on. "

" What?! " Szasza laughs. " You are exactly his type. Slanted eyes, small nose, sharp jawline, pale skin and full pink lips. When he first mentioned it, I actually thought he was describing you."

" You, Jhin, and Aermin is so weird. I don't really know why you guys are my friends."

" If you don't have us, you'll be friendless, idiot! " Szasza quickly replied and grinned at her. " You cannot find someone as beautiful as me. "

" Sure, I can. " 

Szasza looks at her, offended.

Her date would start in two hours and here she is, busy readying herself, but she hasn't chose a dress to where for the night. It seems like she was having a hard time choosing, just based on the pile of clothes scattered in her bed. She said she wasn't interested, but here she was trying to look her best. As if she knows who she'll be dating, she does not, infact, because she is going on a blind date. "Argh, I feel like I don't want to go anymore." She throws a regretful look at the pile of clothes infront of her, saddened and unsure. Her friend snapped her head so quickly, she could almost feel it cracking and stared at her with wide eyes.

Her friend mentally cursing her. " Damn you, I try so hard to convince him and you'll only going to ditch the man!" She gasped,".. besides, you agreed to date him so you ofcourse, must come."

" Fine.. fine, I will. " She rolled her eyes as Szasza gives her a dress.

He did not come. The bitch had ditch her and she was fuming in anger. All the good things Szasza told her about the guy was thrown out as she felt her anger arises by the minutes. For once, she actually tried to look good for this 'oh-so-good man '. He's late, and she has been waiting for an hour for his arrival. When she finished taking a sip of the drink she ordered, she decided that this is her last straw. She called a waiter and pay her bill before leaving.

"HE DID NOT COME!!" The three of them stared at her with wide eyes, as if they don't believe and she only rolled her eyes in return before nodding her head. She does not look pleased at all. They are in the school cafeteria, savouring their sweet vacant time before their next class. The cafeteria isn't loud due to the fact that other student has their classes.

"Yeah,yeah! Shocker." She rolled her eyes. " I thought that friend of yours was good. You didn't tell me that he was also a ghoster. "

" He never does that." Aermin shakes his head. " Could not be. That guy was basically begging for a date since I can't remember."

".. but he already did! " She snorts, obviously annoyed. " He has already turned me off. If he asks for a second chance, please tell him I'm not willing to date him. "

" That's weird. " Jhin commented. " .. maybe something came up so he can't come. That guy always has a reason to do something even if he is going to do some dumb shit. "
" Right. " Szasza then agrees after eating her remaining Takoyaki. She had been quiet busy with eating to even give a damn about their conversation. " He said he also has a reason for putting a frog in Mr. Erwin's bag back in elementary. "

" He did?" Mikane was shocked. She knows the man he was talking about, it was her older brother's best friend who was also the best man at his wedding. Mr. Erwin is a pretty chill guy but he is very authoritive and scary. If he did that, the man got some balls.

"Yeah, it's unbelievable. " Aermin shakes his head. " Aunt Carla who is also a fellow teacher had to sit with him in the principal office as he was being scolded."

"He's a troublesome kid then," she concludes, shock, her displeasure for the Man is only growing as Szasza continues telling her stories of that man.
".. but worry not, he's a fun loving guy and you would absolutely love being around him."

"Don't sugaroat him for her." Aermin warned Szasza while shaking his head. His blue eyes look at her before shaking his head with a big sigh. " Yeah, he's a fun loving guy but it sometimes turns so annoying. I would really to punch him some day."

"Hah!" Jhin snorts. "As if you could, min. You'd be in a blood bath once you challenge that man in boxing. That guy is a beast. "

".. and she's the beauty. " Szasza added, before she look at her.
" Do you know the famous Ezekiel Yeager? "

She shakes her head even though she knows him. What does knowing him got to do with anything? Is he the man she was supposed to meet the other day? If so, no! When she raised a brow, Szasza looks at her with a smirk. " He's the older brother of the man you were supposed to meet."

"So," Mikane replied, irritation starting to built inside her the mere mention of her unnamed date was heard. " That ghoster!"

"Well, aren't you curious of his name?" Jhin was the one who ask this time, a knowing smile present on his lips but Mikane only gave him an annoyed smile. " Come on, you could stalk him and bash him in social media if you want."

"No thanks." She immediately refused. " That's a cheap move. If I were to say bad things to him, I'd rather do it infront of him." 

" Aww, how sad. The Yeager's are your family's friend. " Szasza informs her, as if she does not know that they are.  "Have you not seen their children?"

"Children? They only had one child and that's Zeke." She raised an eyebrow. " .. unless, they had another."

"They had another." Aermin spoke. " He live in another country so you have not seen him. He rarely goes to Paradis and often stays in Marley. Ren was a busy man to be in with, so it must be the reason why he can't meet you."

"He should have canceled it." She still sounded annoyed. ".. and for him to be that busy, how old is that guy? I would tie the three of you in a tree full of red ants if you said he's on his thirty's. "

" Chill! " Jhin chuckled. " He's twenty two like us, except for Szasza, she's twenty three. "

" You're making it sound like I'm too old. " She wiped the stain of mustard and ketchup around her lips. "Argh, I just wish I could graduate already."

"Aren't you going to graduate this year? " Mikane points out. " You should be readying yourself for the board exam."

Szasza is a smart girl, there's no doubt that she will pass the board exam but it's not so good to always confide in being smart. It still needed some work. Szasza looks at her with a smile, a very confident one. "I know, I'm already having my private review sessions. My dad hired one for me."

" Wow! " Mikane giggled. " How rich! "

"Like you didn't come from a rich family. " Szasza rolled her eyes.
" You're more privileged than us, you came from a long line of royalties. May I remind you, Princess?"

" Shut up! " she rolled her eyes.
" I wanna know the name of the guy. "

" You said you don't want to, but fine, " Aermin chuckled. " His name is Ezrael Ren Yeager and he prefers to be called Eren. "

--

" Young Miss. " A maid called Mikane who was busy reading a book. She was reviewing for her final exam, her room was full of crumpled papers and the gadgets are randomly placed in her bed and her study table. She arrived back home last Saturday for the beginning of their semestral break, and was busy reviewing for the exam that will happen exactly after their break.
Mikane looks up to look at the maid. " The master called for you. "

She nods. The maid was referring to her dad who had just arrived from his business trip in Germany.

She believes he met with the Yeagers but she doesn't know why he called for her. She does not even know anything about his business. When she gets out of her room, she saw her younger brother busy with his mobile phone. " Wow, it's a miracle you even go out."  Her brother rolls his eyes before shifting his position.

She arrived at her Dad's private room, the room he uses to finish the works he was unable to do in his office. Her mom was with him, checking something in her computer. Her mom looks up with a smile once she heard the door clicking.

"You called for me?" Mikane went to her mother's side to kiss her cheek before looking at his father who was smiling at her knowingly.

"Hello to my favourite daughter."

She rolled her eyes. " I'm the only daughter, the middle child and you have two boys."

"Yeah, that's why you are my favourite daughter." Her mom chuckled after her father spoke.

"Tell me why you called me." She smiled. "I'm busy reviewing for my incoming exam after the break."

"Oh, I see. Good luck then," Her dad smiled. " .. but the thing is, I want you to meet My. Yeager's son at the airport. He does not know much about Hizuru, so will you do your dad a favour?"

She thought it was serious, but it was only a simple request. Seeing no harm on it, Mikasa nods her head. " Sure, Zeke is a nice companion."

"Not him, his younger brother."

She blinks but did not protest. She's angry but still wanted to know the person who decided to ghost her. " When?"

" Tommorow. " This time, her mom answered.

--

" SAY WHAT? "  Szasza shouted from the other line, obviously excited. " Oh, the destiny is deciding to make a move for you. Ain't that right, Jhin? "

" Correct, correct! "  Jhin shouted with her. Obviously as excited as Szasza, she could only roll her eyes in return. " Cons, should hear this too."

" Don't tell him, he's too loud. He might tell the man. " They were referring to their other friend whom decided to study in Marley. He was pretty busy so he come with them rarely and because of the difference in time, he wasn't in the call with them.
".. besides, I want to have some thrill."

"Oh, are you interested with him now? Ho! Ho!" Szasza was ecstatic, as if she has been waiting for this very moment.

" No, no! " She strongly deny.
" My dad wanted to me accompany him. He's the son of his business partner after all and dad said it will be his first time in Hizuru. "

" Hah! Your dad is playing a match maker! " There was something about Jhin's smiled that made her believed that it was probably true but it was immediately shut down.

" Don't be weird Jhin, " Aermin was with the chat with them the whole time but he was just queit. " I'm sure, uncle was just doing that to help Mikane know other people besides us and now you already know why he did not come, he was still in Marley. Argh, He did not even inform me that he was still there. 'm so sorry, Miks. I forgot about it."

"Don't be a Kill joy, 'Min." Jhin rolled his eyes and grunted, which they could hear from where they are.

"Anyways, I just called to tell you guys that. It's pretty late already, we should all sleep and 'min, I figured. Thank you."  She said after looking at the upper left corner of her laptop.

"You are just excited to meet him!" Szasza tried to annoy her.

"Good bye!" She turn her camera off.

"Oh, the bitch was trying to get away." Mikane could hear Szasza's laughter as she hang up.

--

Szasza was right. She was indeed very excited. She came to the airport two hours earlier than his arrival time and she was here boredly looking at the people walking to different locations.  She does not know why she is so excited to meet him, and his anger for the guy was false. She's not really angry, well maybe she was disappointed but nonetheless, she is still excited to meet him. It's not a desperate thing, Mikane reminds herself. She look at her wrist watch, and smiled when she found out that the airplane will land in less than ten minutes.

She began fixing herself, putting on a light make up and cologne to make herself smile fresh. She has been here for two hours or so and even if the place is air conditioned, she still feel somewhat not that fresh looking. The plane soon landed and she watch as the employees of the airport put on a big stair for the people.

She wasn't thrilled to meet the man at first but somehow right now, she does. It's a weird feeling.
The people soon began descending from the plane. There was one problem though, she does not know what the man look like, she forgot to search him on Facebook and to her luck, her phone doesn't have a signal for some weird reason. There's supposed to be a signal in here, this is an airport, she sourly thought.

Why did she forgot to search his face on social media!? She laments.
Now, how would she knows if this is supposed to be the guy. It's so inconvenient.

"Miss Azumabito." Someone called from behind her, and she was slow to look at him. She did not give the man a smile, instead she raised an eyebrow as she observed his face.

Thick eyebrows, green eyes, pointed nose, and a dull pink lips. He is also tall, despite being tall too, she only reached his shoulder. Fair enough, he's good looking.

"Yes?"

"Are you here to escort me?"

She look at him again.

"I supposed if your name is Ezrael Ren Yeager, then it's a yes."

"You don't have to call me by my whole name, Eren is alright."

"Aermin calls you Ren." She still stared at him with an unpleasant expression, though he somehow look familiar despite her meeting him for the first time.
"Yeah, but especially for you it's Eren." He had a charming smile but she is stubborn.

"Whatever, let's go."

Her father welcomed him with an open arm and they seem to know each other a lot. Her mother is also queit fond of her, it seems to her that they meet each other a lot while she unluckily, never met him before in her entire life. Her older brother Levi also seem to know him, though he does not look like he was fond of the gree eyes mine whom mysteriously caught her attention. Though, he look queit unique, he wasn't that intriguing.

Yes, unique.

Green eyes and brown hair is queit unique.
Infact green eyes are pretty rare, although his hair weren't that rare.
He has a very beautiful face.

"Mika?" Her father called.

"Why don't you show him around?"

She points at herself as her father nodded. " Fine."

--

They met queit often after that, going on movies after her class or simply buying ice cream in a convenient store after their stroll around the village. Eren was quiet a fun man to be with although he tends to be too passionate at times, she never get bored around him and now, they are here in the park. It was already nine time and they are watching a firework display that will run for about an hour or so, together with other people, mostly young couples hugging in the grass.

"Mika." He called, so she averts her eyes from the fireworks to look at him.

"Yes?"

"I've wanted to tell you this for a long time." He sounded nervous but he was still looking at her. " I like being with you. You make me smile and whenever I see you I feel like something in my chest will burst… like that felt so natural that I was instantly drawn at you. "

" Eren.. " her heart is beating fast against her ribcage. " Ezrael.. "

" I know you might not feel the same way I do but I still wanted to confess, it's a once in a life time opportunity. " He sounded nervous, but he was happy nonetheless. " I do like you.. no, I love you so I wanted to take this opportu ity to ask, Mikane, What am I to you? "

Her eyes widen upon his confession , her heart beating wildly against the prison that is called her ribcage. She did not take her eyes off of him. " You are … the one Iove."
She says, like it felt like, like something she should say thousand of years ago, like something that has been buried in the past, and he digs just to claim it was his.

He smiles.
"Eres mi reina." and just like that, they kissed under the biggest fireworks, indicating that is was midnight, he bit her lower lip as they continue to kiss.

The destiny had given them a chance,Without memories to hinder this time.

In their first life,They were a childhood sweetheart, born for one another as the other one dies and the other continues to live relieving her memory.

In her second and his first life, they met again through chance despite differences with love still burning them inside, they fought and they lost.

In her third and his second life, they met through chance without memories to hinder them, with love still burning them inside, a thread of fate connecting them from thousand years ago.
Through third chance, would they be able to live happily ever after now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5K 1.8K 24
!! STORY COVER DOESN'T BELONG TO ME NEITHER DO THE CHARACTERS IN THE STORY !! (ps; I forgot the book I got inspired in doing this.) A Fate untold. A...
184K 7.9K 73
(Hello, some parts are maybe harder to read as I don't have the motivation to edit it lmao anyways) 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐘/𝐧 𝐰𝐞�...
354K 13.2K 40
PLEASE READ BEFORE GETTING INTO THE STORY Description: Your name is (Y/n) and you are originally from an au called Dreamtale! Your life hadn't been...
816K 23.9K 56
Sora, a guy who was reading up on "That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime", had not been paying attention when he got struck by a moving truck. H...