Midnight Memories

By CallmeCristine

• An Eremika Vampire Au The moon turns Vermilion The horror and nightmares Keeps her... More

MIDNIGHT Memories
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28 [Bittersweet]
Epilogue [Would they be able to have their happy ever after now?]
Final Note

Chapter 27

30 1 0
By CallmeCristine

Chapter 27

          The era of vampires is over, the shadow smiled to himself slowly taking a form of a child. He was still possessing Eren's body, and he look at himself in the mirror. It wasn't Eren that he was seeing, instead it was shim this time. Bright green eyes, a dirt blonde wavy hair, and a sad look on his face. The child was called Zeke Yeager, he vaguely recalled his name. He had forgotten his purpose, so suddenly, so he felt annoyed but he was still angry. The anger in his heart was too much to handle, but he wonders if what he was doing is right. Will his father be proud of him? There is a desperate look on his face as he looks around, everything is burning and the mother Queen was burning in agony infront of him. The woman whom his father marry after their death, how dare he replace his mother!? It's only been a hundred of years. It was still too early to replace them after their death. There was too much anger in his heart. He had been observing for one thousand of years. His body already died but his soul was left wandering in
their world, observing everything, building his energy and sabotaging everything.

The blood tree dies because of him, even their new discovery failed because of him and he was happy. He was nine when he died and had been here for one thousand and nine years. That man, his father, was a heartless man. He did not know he could even do such thing and his anger only build up, making him even stronger. His father is the reason for their death yet he was there, saved his other child and died instead of him. It filled him with disgusting anger.

" What a lucky boy." He spoke, his voice child-like due to his physical age when he died.
He left his anger arising as he carefully feels his surrounding. A running woman, a dying person, he searched even further. Oh, this location, the blood tree they were studying.

He laughs, a fruitless study, the blood tree couldn't be planted. The tree they've grown in the laboratory with soon wither and die, he laughs. The tree was now under his control. He made a contract with the tree which he didn't know was possible back then. Nobody knows such a thing, even the creatures that lived before didn't know such thing so if he were to vanish, the tree would vanish with him. He knows that his soul is slowly withering, the evidence was the only tree in existence of the whole vampire land so he grits his teeth, taking advantage of Eren's vulnerable state. He hums, angrily, carefully sensing his surrounding. Mikasa continues to run towards the opening of the castle, close to the blood tree and his blood boils trying to prevent her. He was about to make another slash to kill Mikasa when Eren takes over him, stronger this time, fighting . He hums once again, obviously furious.

"Eren," he calls the man who was obviously feeling lost. " Look at your surroundings, this is all your fault."

Eren grips his head, his head was pumping from the inside, a headache slowly making him feel dizzy. He went out of Eren's body and takes a child form in the mirror. He looks so happy.

" Hahahahahaha!!" His laughter echoed like he was a psychopath, he wasn't thinking straight anymore. The door suddenly swang open and Tybur was shock. He was about to shout the word monster when his head suddenly flew off, the child decapitated him, angry. 

"Your a child?" Eren was obviously flabbergasted. He didn't mind the head that flew off in the wall and his blood scattering, slowly evaporating in the air. 

"Huh? " The shadow who already took a form stared at him.
" Child? I'm older than you. "

" Who are you? " He ask the shadow, he didn't mind that his body was left with no strength as he crushed to the ground. 

" Who am I? " He thinks, he does not remember every part of his life but he knows two things. " I am Zeke Yeager, the first child of that bastard who killed me and my mother. " His voice is full of anger as he introduced himself. He looks at Eren's face, he took his Dad's eyes, resembling his mother's face but now, it's more like Grisha's face.

Eren was shock of the information but did not continue being shock, when he regain his strength, he stood up and held the child by his neck. " Bastard. "

But the child only laugh, he didn't seem affected. "Yeah, a bastard am I?"

The blood tree glowed.

" Eren!!" He heard his name being called so he looks at the door and there she was, Mikasa was panting. She looks bathered, exhausted and in pain.
" 'Ren!"

"Mikasa!" He calls, he look horrified. " Get away from here!"

" Oh, I didn't know you were alive!" The child in the mirror suddenly spoke, he look innocent but she knew better than to be enchanted by him. His voice is cheerful but it sounds annoying. " How have you been?"

" Who are you?" Mikasa ask the child.

" Me? I'm Zeke," Then he look at her from head to toe. " You look so funny, are you in pain?"

There is something in his eyes that made her feel so sick.

" You!! –" she thinks, " You are the bastard who trick him into forming a contract with you."

"Why," He narrowed his eyes,
" You're so smart." He giggles, a wave of heavy air plunges straight to her, like tiny ice spikes prickling her skin.
"Unlike this man."  He sounded impressed but his expression resembled anger more.

Eren had sensed it, after all, they were connected, so even if he was struggling as his knees feel too weak, he managed to stand up, his eyes bleeding in pain.
" Mikasa," He calls. " Please… run away."

"Eren," she looks at him, scarred, her knees were shaking and he could tell. "I can't leave you alone."

"Do me a favour Mikasa, leave. Leave with my mother!"

"E–"

".. if you truky loves me then do it. " He see her bit her lower lip, hesitant but she still does what he tells her and after she was gone, he glares at the child infront of him. " You bastard! "

" I see, you're a gentleman. " Annoyed, he kills once again, this time wiping out the Ackerman family, laughing as he felt their energy evaporate.

" I swear I'll kill you! " Eren shouts angrily, after feeling their life forms fade away.

"You can't –" before Zeke finished his sentence, his head flew though unable to kill him and he laughs as Eren runs.

_________

Run Run. Run, all he did was to run until he was exhausted. He was mentally and physically exhausted but he was still thinking of what he shall do to save his dying land. He was the reason for it's downfall and therefore must also be the one to solve it but he couldn't think of anything and infront of him, his people calls for him, hoping to be saved but he could not do anything. He is powerless. The usually britght red moon that usually resemble fervor and love now resembles pain and death for the vampires, as the only known blood tree in existence begin to wither and die. He found Mikasa near the tree, exhausted.

" Mikasa." He calls, pitying his wife, who in this life is still a human being. Their supposed to be happy day turns to a nightmare. Their reunion an ugly memory. Mikasa looks up to him, tears sliding from her eyes and it hurts him. If hurts him so badly, if only there is a way to transfer all her pain to hi, he would.

"Eren." She called, she is obviously weakened. " I can't do anything." She desperately tells him. She wounded her arm, trying to feed the tree with her blood, she figured it could also work but it just withers more and more. She is becoming furious. Watching her, he could feel the essence of the old Mikasa in her, the same courageous Queen who will do anything for her people. She was broken and he blamed himself for bringing him here.

" The mother Queen, where is she?"

" She's dead, I don't know. She suddenly died, even Sasha… Eren all of them are dying, I don't know what to do. " Her eyes are wide, they were shaking as he look at them, and dulled, gone was the light he usually see on those pretty eyes of hers. His heart tightens, as if being squeezed.

" Mikasa. " He quietly calls. He needs to be strong, for her, for himself, from all of them. There are still vampires remaining in the area, coughing their bloods and panting, desperately trying to get a fruit from the dying tree to save themselves.

She saw it before her eyes as she was running to find them, she was guiding the Queen out as the Queen felt too weak to stand up on her own. She is full of wounds and her breath is slowing, while Mikasa tried to get her to a safe place, the Queen was speaking to her. The Queen told her to be strong, for her to fight but before she could even finished, her head flew off and her body soon evaporate. A scream was forced out of her tightly sealed lips.

"Eren.." she calls again, calming down a little, watching his frozen body. Tears floods her eyes once again, her pain was nothing compared what to Eren was feeling. He has been suffering for so long, for how many years with nobody to confide with, no comfort and until the end there was nothing, no one to help him. Her heart tightens as she looks at him, he doesn't have an expression on and she wished he had because he can't take it, he wanted him to cry or something else rather than be completely numb, she would prefer it.
".. Ren!"

The child appear before them, looking at his surrounding as a pleased smile stretched on his face. The usually red place that the people grown to love, full of happy memories and love before was the last thing they will see but this time, it was full of pain and agony. The child slowly approaches Eren, stilled in his position like a statue, the child grabs Eren's throat.

" Look at what have you done. The deal you made with me, you finallyade it happen."

"Shut up."

" Huh!" The child snapped his head towards her direction.
" Why should I? This is something that he made five hundred years ago, this deal could not be broken. We mix our bloods for this. " He grinned, his head snapped back at Eren. " Am I correct, Eren? You were the reason for this. I even ask if you were sure, then you agreed to the contract. He was the villain all along. "

Eren's expression darkened at that. He laughs without humor as he looks at the child infront of him. " You cruel bastard. "

Mikasa watches from a far, still thinking, she tries to remember what she had read, the theories present in the books, she and the scholars read. She search through her memories for that particular page in that book. Although, she does not remember everything that she read, she still remember the important details that she highlighted while reading. A smile rose to her lips once she find it, her eyes brimming in determination. Although, it would probably be futile , she would still try it. She grits her teeth, the theory present in the book reads like this:

      Theory of the Blood tree
                by unknown 

‘The blood tree gives life thus when removed from roots cannot be revive again, however if an object that gives life could be given nutrients of it's own kind: It gives blood to vampires thus vampires shall return the favour and give it life.’

Would it work with her? Mikasa ask herself, Eren was the only alive vampire left so Mikasa looks around the dying people. She ran and ran again. She figured out already, she won't be able to do it alone, she's not a vampire. Mikasa looks around, there was still vampires slowly evaporating but it's fine. Mikasa took a scoop of blood from them and runs to the dying tree. As she runs, she accidentally scraped her arms, a gush of blood coming out of it but she ignored the pain and focus on running.

Not knowing that her own blood mixes with the vampires blood, making it even darker than before.

When she finally arrived at the tree, she immediately pours the blood on the tree and there, she noticed that her arms were bleeding a lot. She smiled at Ere as the blood tree glowed a bright green color.

It seems it was taking affect so she cheered  inside, but the child soon laughs and Eren's face contorted with worry and pain, she look back at the tree.
Infront of her, the tree slowly decays.

--------------------------------------------------
Hi, it's been super duper long since I created this book and I'm not yet finished but don't worry, this book will end soon. Lol, to be honest I've already wrote the epilogue before I even wrote this part. Hahahahaha, and since the plot is fixed, I didn't really change anything although I kind of feel bad for them.. you will know why. Bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 5.9K 22
《Confirmed. Reconstructing the spirit...『Gamers mind』 has been acquired. Report. 『Gamers mind』 and 『Gamers body』 evolved into one skill category: 『G...
213K 11.7K 52
(Cover made by me!) (!Updates 1-4 times a month¡) You died by cracking your skull open as you walked out of the shower. Godamnit life!!! To die in th...
2.3K 155 18
Y/N dreams of adventures like the ones she reads about in her books-until she becomes the prisoner of a fearsome Beast in a mysterious, enchanted cas...
815K 23.9K 56
Sora, a guy who was reading up on "That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime", had not been paying attention when he got struck by a moving truck. H...