Romano's Queen

By DreamerGirlKes

Two months after Regenia was taken, she's finally back in her lover's arms. The question hangs over everyone'... More

Copyrights and Characters
More Characters
A Fight Against Time
What Needs to be Done
Nightmares
Still Alive
Home
Lunch Date
Reveal
Bad News
The Unthinkable
Heartbreak
The Hard Truth
No Longer Afraid
Run
Changes
The Game Changer
Choices
Rules
The Right Thing
New Opportunities
Decorate
Challenges
Gala Visuals
The Gala
Another Headache
The Gallo Mafia
Mine
Something New
59th Street
Real Answers
The Plan
Surprises
A True Family
Death Sentence
What to Do
Death is Upon You
The Early Gift
Earn my Trust
The Perfect Gift
Untold Plans
Lies
Troubled Minds
New Book Cover
The Meeting

Past and Future

243 43 17
By DreamerGirlKes

Regenia was still trying to wrap her head around what happened to Giovanni. The day before, he was his sweet shit-talking self. Now... now he was gone. It was like losing her father all over again. It seemed like every parent figure in her life was leaving her, and she didn't know what she would do if something happened to Caterina, Zoey, or Giovanni Sr. In a short period of time, she had grown to see them as parent figures which she loved, but the worse thing was seeing Giuseppe hurt. He didn't show it much, but seeing his father and planning his funeral stressed him out. Then it was Berardo; they knew the man would show his ugly face. Only he would see this as a perfect opportunity to fight for what he thought was his.

"Hey, you look like you need someone to talk to," River spoke as he walked out onto the terrace. Normally the man would stay to himself, but it seemed he also had something on his mind. Like her, the Romano family had shown River nothing be love. Giuseppe's brothers and cousins showed him how to come out of his shell, and he and Bianca had grown closer.

"Not really. I'm worried about him; Giuse had been a little distant... I know he lost his father, but I want him to know he's not alone. I know the pain he is feeling all too well. What about you? Have you tried speaking with your parents since you've been free? Or are they both still living?" Genia asked as River stared at her crazy momentarily before turning his head. She clearly hit a sensitive spot he didn't want to discuss. "If you don't want to talk about it, I understand. Tell more about you, Riv. You're always quiet, and I get the feeling you're like this because you feel like you're not heard."

"There's nothing to tell—"

"Really? Don't try to pull that damn card with me, River. Talking helps, and I would love to learn more about you... The man behind the mask. If you're going to work for Giuse and me, I think I should know more about you." Again, River sat there biting the inside of his cheek before sighing. Quickly he wiped his hand down his face shaking his head as he opened and shut his mouth. He was battling with himself, or it could have been the fact he liked her, and she wanted to know more about him.

"I was imprisoned for something I didn't do, but you knew that already. I was walking home from work... it was a Saturday evening, and I noticed something lying in the brushes. I should've kept walking, but I saw her foot. Earlier that day, everyone had gotten news of a missing ten-year-old, and I found her, naked, bruised, and barely alive, on the side of the road—"

"Wait, I thought she was dead."

"I thought that too until three years later. I was already in prison, and the little girl told her parent I was the one who saved her. Yeah, they believe her, but the system had another plan... they pin two other murders on me. Both were the same as hers, missing ten-year-olds raped and killed. Despite the little girl's words, Manhattan's prosecutor claimed I felt remorse and turned myself in. I was at the wrong place at the wrong time, and my punishment was supposed to be life in prison— because of my color." He sighed as Regenia placed a hand on top of his. None of that was in his file, and he was clearly framed.

"I read your file Giuseppe's had. A police officer did all of those things, Sadly, he is still walking free while you did his time, and the same crime is still happening, but that's not what I wanted to know about you. What were your dreams before you were locked up? How was your family growing up and your schooling?"

"Hell, Regenia, that was a long time ago. I haven't thought about that shit in years, especially after I realized I wasn't getting out of that hellhole— my family was basic. My dad wasn't in the picture, so it was my mom, two little sisters, brother, and me. I was the oldest; my sister Tanya was two years younger. Then my brother Byron and my youngest sister Brooklyn. A year after I was locked up, our mother died. I was allowed to go to her funeral but not view her body. She was sick, and I didn't know— we didn't know." Regenia understood his pain because her mom didn't tell her about her sickness until it was too late.

"That's horrible; then, what happened to your siblings?"

"They couldn't locate our dad, and my grandparents were gone. Our aunts and uncles refused to take them in; therefore, they ended up in foster care. After that, I don't know what happened to them. The system wouldn't allow me to know. I was locked up, and they were out there alone, but that was nothing compared to being in the place I was in. I had to learn to keep my head down and mouth shut. I had no one to protect me, and they all saw me as the man that raped and murdered a young girl. Imagine how that ended, getting taught lessons for what I had done. I was a straight-A student looking at the best colleges in New York. At least I was allowed to finish school, but my dreams were shattered the day I found her."

Regenia's emotions got the best of her as he wiped away her tears, pulling River into a hug. Quickly he pulled away, looking at her with a small smile as he patted her shoulder. He didn't want to overstep his boundaries, and Regenia understood it. "I'm sorry this pregnancy has me on a whole new level sometimes. Tell me about you when you were a child."

"Smart, outgoing, always there to help my mom— before you ask, my dad left his family for a younger woman. It was in the past, and I like to stay there. May I ask what this is about?"

"Nothing. I wanted to get to know the man behind the mask... What if I told you I could find your siblings?" Regenia spoke as River looked up at her quickly. He didn't know what to say; he didn't have to say a thing. He was family, and she would do anything for him if it made him happy.

"I... I would love that."

"Good, but I have to wait until my little princess is born, but I do want I can. Now tell me about you and Bianca. How are you two?" She questioned while River chuckled. She knew she was being nosy, but Regenia wanted her mind off what was happening around her the past few days. Losing Giovanni hurt, but learning more about the man beside her helped distract her. "Good, she's sweet and understanding. B listens before judging hopefully this last."

"She's okay with you being a virgin?" She asked as River quickly turned to her with his brow arched as if she lost her mind. "Who the hell told you that?" It was hard for Regenia to tell if he was offended or embarrassed by her question. "Maso—"

"Tommaso lied to you. Just because I hadn't had sex in eighteen years doesn't make me a virgin...."

"It kind of does." Arianna laughed, taking the seat next to River as she pulled into a hug. Without a thought, he did the same thing he did with her. He quickly pulled away, patting her shoulders. "Aw, that sweet you have a thing for Regenia and me... you could've had this pussy if you wanted, but now it belongs to Hakeem." She laughed, making River shake his head with a sigh.

"As I was saying, it does make you what they call a born-again virgin. Unless you had sex with the men in the prison...."

"Are you high? I may have been in prison, but it didn't mean I turned gay."

"Sure it didn't." Arianna laughed, making Regenia as they looked at River's face. "Although B told me you know how to work your big D— Don't ask. My cousin and I tell each other everything, and you keep her satisfied." She laughed, but it was a little off. Arianna was hurting and didn't want to show it. "Ari—"

"Don't say it, Genia. I don't want to talk about it— fuck that. I'm damn angry! Why is my Padre gone, and Berardo's ugly ass is standing as if you didn't fuck him up?! Why didn't he tell us... why didn't he tell us he couldn't get the surgery?! He left me... he left his little girls, wife, and sons, and we didn't get to say bye. He died alone, Regenia. No one was there with him. I wasn't ready to lose him, and tomorrow, we had to say goodbye forever." She sighed before quickly standing and leaving. Genia got up to follow, but Hakeem walked by the door in the same direction she ran.

"I-I need to find Bianca. Giu is in his office if you didn't know." Apparently, he was trying to escape Regenia before she broke down and cried. River didn't handle others' emotions well. He had gone years hiding his own, and it became hard for him to show them. "Hey, Riv!"

"Yes, Donna?"

"I promise I'm going to help you find your siblings. They will know their big brother is safe even if you don't bring them here." Regenia smiled, making River as he left. A few moments later, she left to find her husband sitting alone in his office. He looked upset, looking through the stack of papers in front of him. "Baby—"

"Damn, I'm happy to hear your voice." His excitement to hear her voice made her smile. Giuseppe's face quickly went from frustrated to somewhat happy, and Regenia was happy to make it happen as she approached him. "Any word on Berardo's whereabouts?"

"I called his son this morning after Zio Davido finally gave me his number. He was upset because he had heard from his mother in a while.... He didn't make it to Ireland in time to receive her. Ardo has her, and her children are going crazy. They will land tonight, and I'm sure Berardo isn't too far behind."

"How old are his children?" She asked as he pulled her into his lap, kissing her neck. "His oldest is twenty-six, and he hates his father's guts. Berardo Jr, but his mother and the rest of us call him BJ. This second is twenty-five... a girl, and the last two he and Pippa had were twins— twenty-four, both are girls. They are all on their way here to help take down their father. It's sad to have children who all hate you. Berardo has never been there for anyone of his kids. He helps create them then ran." He sighed as Regenia rubbed his shoulders.

"I don't want my father's funeral to be a war ground, and that's what Berardo is trying to make it. I'm praying our message to his follower won't go unheard. Until then, all we can do is hope. How about we go out for lunch today? The children would love a day out with their mother, and I would too."

Berardo was on a time limit. He had to make it to Italy before Zio's funeral; this was something he couldn't be late for. The Romano family had to see he was the one meant to rule. Yes, the title had been turned over to his cousin, but Giuseppe should've never gotten it in the first place. The Italians lived by one rule. The first legitimate heir was right to the throne. Therefore, Giovanni should have never become Don before his father. He was the rightful Don, and this was his chance to get it.

"Berardo, this is wrong. You should be paying your respects to your uncle, not starting a fight. What about your family's rule?"

"Did anyone ask you for your opinion Pip? You've always been on his side, and I'm starting to believe you wanted him more than me. It has me believing you slept with my immature cousin. Is that why you don't want me children to see me?" He asked as the woman looked over, confused. He didn't like how she was choices Giuse's side over his. She was his wife and should be on his side, not his enemies.

"You know that isn't true, but Zio Gio was nothing but nice to me, and he loved you. I don't like you going to his funeral to start a disturbance. The better opinion is to speak with your family to find out why your father was overlooked for Don. Nonno Giovanni is the only one that can answer that question... please speak to him before starting something at your Zio's funeral." Berardo sighed, shaking his head. He didn't want to hear shit Pippa had to say; Berardo's mind was set. He was going to Italy to take control and kill everyone in his way.

A little look into River's past.

Thoughts???

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 3.8K 37
Amara Coleman is not your average seventeen-year-old girl. She gets abused by her own father and watches the death of her mother before her very eyes...
366K 7.2K 41
Hey, this book is not finished, but I have been asked to keep it up! I am rewriting it right away, because there were major plot holes and it was jus...
46.7K 1.1K 25
She has returned, changed.. She was an innocent 15-year-old girl who had been through too much to list. Silently, she fights her own battles and trie...
895K 16K 48
redamancy A love returned in full; an act of loving the one who loves you. At the young age of 3, Valentina De Luca was kidnapped in the middle of th...