Beyond

By B0omers399

"Hunk Garrett?" Lance asked lifting his gaze. "No." "Keith Kogane?" "No." "Pidge Gunderson?" "No." "Katie Hol... More

Green
Q and A
Please
Blue
Mission
Aftermath
Comfortable?
Missed
Glow in the dark
Struggle
Honest
Crimson Tide
The Kid
Wattpad: Discussion
Time
Grounded
Thunder
School?!
Adapting
Lunch
Stacy and Morales
Danger
Ink
Bond
Shade
Rage
Heist
Ghosts
Heal
Forgive
Rested
Friends
Struck
Sight
Embers
Branches
Cracks
Dude
Bad day
Dance with Death
Announcements
Deep
Night falls
Icy waters
Reunion
Rolling
Hang in there
Slight Snag
Loyal
Fault
Give in
Maps
Flash
Black
Visitors
Calling
Swift
Watch me!
Power
Launch
Hearts
Burn From Inside Out
Hopes
Twisted
Flying
Introductions
Disconnected
Secured
Minds
Blast From The Past
On the edge
Whispers
Moving
Black
Claws
Truths
Where now?
Endgame
Finished

Outnumbered

130 7 7
By B0omers399

The Blades base was bigger than Lance had anticipated and seeing the rebels too, that was reassuring.

There was a great number of people who refused to let Zarkon and Haggar crush them.

And Lance's arrival seemed to be the icing on the cake.

"The blue paladin!"

"He has returned!"

"We're saved!"

"Zarkon and Haggar will fall now."

"This is more than I expected." Lance smiled glancing to Axca. "I think there's more here than we thought there would be."

Axca nodded. "Far more."

"What's your plan paladin?"

"How are we going to stop them?"

Kolivan stepped forward. "The paladin has only just returned to us, we must update him on what has been happening here before he can make any plans."

Krolia had ahold of his arm and was gently pulling him away.

Once they were in a quieter area she turned to him, her glowing eyes narrowed at him. "Do you have any plans on how to stop Zarkon?"

Lance sighed. "Voltrons an option, if I've done it once I can-"

"No, it's far too dangerous for you." Krolia snapped quietly.

"What do you mean?"

Krolia closed her eyes for a moment and shook her head. "One paladin forming Voltron is unheard of. It could kill you."

"Well it didn't, when I saved the-"

"It won't always end happily." Krolia cut him off. "You're draining your life force every time you do it."

Lance's gaze dropped as those words settled.

"I know that it's a lot to think about, but you cannot even offer Voltron as an option. It will kill you."

"But what have I got left to live for?" Lance whispered as he met her gaze. "My friends are all dead, and my universe is dying."

"I won't let you do this." Krolia stated firmly. "We will come up with a different plan."

Lance let her go. He couldn't think past his own fear. His own anger.

He needed to calm down.

The yellow lion appeared at his side and he slowly leaned into her. "I wish the others were here." He whispered into her fur. "Shiro would know what to do. Keith wouldn't be afraid. Pidge would be so excited to just help and... Oh Hunk where are you?"

~~~

"Zarkon is moving." One of the rebels informed as they ran over.

Lance was staring at the hologram map hoping that he could just knock himself back into normality.

He tried to imagine that he wasn't alone, but it was becoming harder with each passing second.

"Okay. Paladin, with the Blue lion you can shuttle us to the ship and then begin your attack."

"What if they launch that mecha suit?"

"One lion will not be able to take it on alone."

"Any suggestion?"

"I'll take the black lion." Lance decided leaning against the table. "Zarkons obsessed, I can play on his obsession, make him more crazy than he is then I draw him away from you guys."

"And how do you propose that we get in?" Krolia asked tilting her head.

"The green lion, she can camouflage." Lance explained. "She'll get you guys in undetected and wait for you there. I'll test out Zarkons mecha suit and see how tough it really is."

"But as we said, one lion will not be enough."

Blue jumped onto the table and growled at them all, she then glanced at Lance and he offered her a nod of thanks.

"I don't have to be piloting them to direct their attacks." He said crossing his arms. "They're ready to fight."

Blue roared loudly making Lance chuckle.

"And we will be ready to help you in this battle." The rebels assured. "We'll deal with the fighters, you can deal with Zarkon."

"If I play on his pride then there won't be any fighters." Lance smiled. "I've fought a couple of guy with big egos in the other universe, I can handle Zarkon."

"Don't get too assured of yourself." Kolivan frowned. "You haven't seen Zarkon in two deca-phoebs."

"He can't have changed much." Lance reminded.

"True."

"So we're going with this plan?"

Lance stared at Blue who gave a faint pur. "Oh yeah, we got this."

~~~

"Everyone in position?" Lance asked gripping the controls.

This was by far the most terrifying thing ever. He was shaking with adrenaline.

"We're ready paladin." Kolivan assured. "Are you?"

"I really hope so." Lance mumbled. "Let's do this thing!"

Lance was aware of the others moving onboard the ship, disappearing to handle the Galran's and that was his cue.

"To the Galran's of this cruiser, this is the blue paladin." He licked his lips. "And I challenge Zarkon one on one."

He knew he was playing a dangerous game. A very dangerous game.

But he had to try and get Zarkon riled up and angry. Then he could play him.

"A foolish move paladin, but I will accept your challenge."

"Right." Lance nodded patting Blacks controls. "Let's do it then."

He cut the coms and flicked his com open to the others. "I got him, time to move into phase 2."

"Be careful paladin." Krolia encouraged before the radio silence kicked in.

Oh what Lance wouldn't give for the others to be there. He just wanted to hear their voices and to cheer them up, to feel the power of their teamwork again.

But not wasn't the time to remanice.

He had a battle to win.

The mecha suit that was released from the cruiser wasn't too dissimilar to Voltron itself. But it had sharp blades that went up it's arms.

And it just looked 100% more threatening and overall evil.

Lance shivered.

Zarkon didn't waste a second, he launched toward Lance with a fiery passion that forced Lance into a defence instead of an attack.

And yes Lance was very much outmatched here. But Zarkon was going to be in for a surprise.

Lance grit his teeth twisting the black lion through the ink of space as Zarkon blasted after him.

Lance quickly snapped his helmet closed. He wasn't going to risk anything today and if needs be he would get Blue and her teleporting involved.

Zarkon surely didn't know about that.

"Paladin!" Krolia shouted through the coms followed by an explosion. "What are you doing?"

"What I do best." Lance offered. "Black, jaw blade."

The black lion roared as the blade formed within her mouth, Lance doubled back, pulling harshly on the controls making a tight turn just sharp enough to cut cleanly through one of the mecha suits arm.

Lance didn't hold off, he doubled back cutting a leg free before a punch knocked the black lion flying to one side.

Lance gasped as he slammed into the side of his chair. Pain ricocheted up through his side making tears come to his eyes.

"Don't get ahead of yourself paladin." Kolivan reminded. "You cannot underestimate him."

Lance turned his attention back to Zarkon. Kolivan was right, staying ahead of him was one thing but beating him was another.

"Okay Zarkon, you want the black lion," Lance breathed placing his hand on the console, "come and get her."

All Lance had to do was knock Zarkon down to a size he could deal with.

One of the mecha arms, the remaining one swung for him but Black batted it away with a swing of her tail.

"You challenge me paladin, the one who was able to destroy the original team and the ones that you once called friends." Zarkon rumbled through his com. "You do not stand a chance in this battle."

Lance stared at him he was sure he had cut communication with the Galran's as the battle began. "How are you doing this?"

"I had my witch lock onto your com channel. Your taunts mean nothing to an experienced fighter like me."

Lance narrowly dodged another swing.

"Your defective friends are right. I am not one to be underestimated."

"Then feel the wrath of all the lions." Lance scowled. "Come on girls, let's show him what we got."

Blue soared past Zarkon blasting ice along his extended arm.

Red and Green twisted past wrapping him in lava vines which constricted around the mecha suit.

The Yellow lion plowed into Zarkons back allowing Black to slash across his chest.

Lance turned towards the shattered and beaten husk of the mecha suit. "You should never have tried to attack my family."

"If you destroy me, you will doom yourself to the hands of Haggar."

"I don't care anymore." Lance whispered pushing the Black lion forward.

The Black lions jaws snapped closed around Zarkon with a sickening crunch.

Lance shook with the energy that burst through the lion. Lines of darkness surged through the back lion and enveloped Lance in darkness.

Black... Get out of here.

Paladin...

Go!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332K 6.3K 30
Scenarios between Peter and the Avengers. ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE, SORRY FOR GRAMMAR MISTAKES I only write 1 or 2 parts/story. Please don't...
296K 4.4K 134
REQUESTS HAVE REOPENED This is just a bunch of random imagines I've come up with. You can request if you want! More details in the first chapter. Cur...
55.9K 1.1K 51
BOOK 2 OF 3 SHIELD is compromised, an evil murder bot named Pinocchio, and a Civil War! How will the Avengers work this out? Or... Just basically Ave...
1.8M 43K 200
Hi, everyone! Welcome to my Marvel Imagines book. I encourage you to at least try this book out. If you don't like it, that's fine! I will say that i...