Besties loving Besties

By Femkef1L4

This story is about Emma Verstappen and Grace Norris. Grace and Emma are best friends and are rookies in the... More

Introduction
On Tonight!
Start the plan!
'Bejeweld - Taylor Swift'
'...Ready For It? - Taylor Swift'
'Shut up and Drive - Rihanna'
'Applause - Lady Gaga'
'Jealousy, Jealousy - Olivia Rodrigo'

Meeting Grace's brother

109 2 0
By Femkef1L4

**Saturday 20 march 2021**

Grace's pov

I'm sitting on my bed next to my best friend since I joined F2, Emma Verstappen! We're at my house, well my parents' home. I still live at home, I'm only eighteen! Emma stays with me until we have to fly to Bahrein for our first race in F1! We're both very excited and nervous. Emma puts on 'Style of Taylor Swift'. We literally scream with the song.

'YOU GOT THAT
JAMES DEAN DAYDREAM
LOOK IN YOUR EYES!
AND I GOT THAT RED LIP
CLASSIC THING THAT YOU LIKE

AND WHEN WE GO CRASHING DOWN
WE COME BACK EVERY TIME
'CAUSE WE NEVER GO OUT OF STYLE
WE NEVER GO OUT OF STYLE

YOU GOT THAT LONG HAIRED
SLICKED BACK, WHITE T-SHIRT
AND I GOT THAT GOOD GIRL FATE
AND A TIGHT LITTLE SKIRT

AND WHEN WE GO CRASHING DOWN
WE COME BACK EVERY TIME
'CAUSE WE NEVER GO OUT OF STYLE
WE NEVER GO OUT OF STYLE!'

Apparently it was a little to loud because my older brother storms into in my room. "Grace can you please keep it down? I'm trying to sleep! And you should too! We're flying at 7 am tomorrow." Lando Norris my brother says. "When did you arrive? And why are you here?" I ask him confused. "I'm flying with you and the McLaren team dummy! I arrived like an hour ago. Who is your friend?" He asks pointing at Emma. "Ah okay! Oh this is Emma, Max Verstappens little sister! You're friends with him right? She is also flying with us." I say.

I see Emma turning red. "H-hi I'm Emma, Emma Verstappen." She says standing up and holds up her hand. "Hi I'm Lando, Grace's brother! I'm friends with your brother! Are you the new driver at Red Bull?" He asks as he shakes Emma's hand. "Yeah my brother mentioned you! Uhm Yeah I'm the new driver at Red Bull!" She says and let's go of his hand. She sits back down next to me. I give Lando an annoyed look. "Easy! I'm going, I'm going! Nice to meet you Emma!" He says and closes the door behind him. "Oh my fucking god! You couldn't say your brother is Lando Norris!" Emma says shocked."I thought you knew!" I say laughing at her. "Why do you care?" I ask her. "Well Uhm, no that's a secret to you!" She says getting red again. "YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM DONT YOU!" I scream laughing in excitement.

"Shhhhhh Grace! He can hear you!" She says embarrassed. "Whoops sorry! For how long?" I ask her. "Since I was like fifteen, I've been a fan since then and had a crush on him too." She says shy. "Aaaahhh omgggg" I say excited. "But you can't tell him!" She says to me annoyed. "I know I know,I won't!" I say reassuring. I turn off the music, "we should also should go to sleep! Lando is right it's gonna be early tomorrow." I say as I set an alarm. "Yeah you're right" Emma says and gets under the covers of my double bed.I turn off the lights and get in next to her. "Goodnight Emma!" I whisper. "Goodnight Grace!" She whispers back. I fall asleep fast.

Lando's pov

I knock on the door of my parents' house. "Lando!" Cisca my younger sister of 16 says excited as she opens the door. "Hey!" I say and hug her tight. Of my sisters she is my favourite, I don't know if it is because she is cute and young. I don't know! I think I'm her favourite too out of our siblings. She hugs me back. She takes my backpack form my hand and helps me get my suitcase upstairs. I want to walk to the attic where my room is. "Uhm Lan, you're sleeping with me! Grace has your old room now you're out of the house!" Cisca says as she walks into her room.

"Oh okay! I don't mind!" I walk into her room after her, I don't see another matras on the ground, but I don't mind sleeping in one bed with her, she is my little siste! As long as she doesn't mind. I put my suitcase and backpack in the corner of her room next to her desk. "Where are mom and dad?" I ask Cisca. "Oh they're out for diner!" She answers. "And Grace and Flo?" I ask. "Uhm Flo is in her room and Grace too with her best friend." She says. "Ah okay!" I say and let myself fall on her double bed. I take my phone from my pocket and answer the texts I couldn't answer because of the flight. One of the texts is from my best friend Max Fewtrell.

'Hey mate! How was your flight?' I answer his text and put my phone on the night stand. I almost fall asleep, until Cisca says laughing. "You still have your clothes on barf bag!" "Thanks donkey!" I say and stand up. I tickle her. "LANDO STOPPP HAHAHAHA" She yells. "Never!" I say back laughing. "What's going on here?" We hear from the door. "Oh hey mom and dad!" I say as I stop tickling Cisca and help her up from the ground. "It's good to see you my son." Dad says and he pulls me in for a hug, "it's good to see you guys too!" I say and hug my mom.

"It's already 9.30 pm, I'm going to bed! Tomorrow is gonna be early!" I say looking at my watch. "That's okay sweetheart! Love you!" My mom says and closes the door. I put on pj pants and a black t-shirt. I'm not gonna sleeping just boxers in my little sisters bed. I get in bed, Cisca gets in too. I get out again and turn off the lights and put an alarm for 5 am. "Night lil sis." I say as I put my phone on the charger. "Night big bro." She says back. When I almost fall asleep I hear loud noises and singing from my old room. "Ugh Grace." I whisper annoyed and get out of bed.

I walk up to the attic and open the door. There I see Grace with a beautiful blonde girl. "Grace can you please keep it down? I'm trying to sleep! And you should too! We're flying at 7 am tomorrow." I say annoyed to my little sister say. "When did you arrive? And why are you here?" She asks me confused. "I'm flying with you and the McLaren team dummy! I arrived like an hour ago. Who is your friend?" I ask pointing at the blond girl. "Ah okay! Oh this is Emma, Max Verstappens little sister! You're friends with him right? She is also flying with us." She says.

I see Emma turning red. "H-hi I'm Emma, Emma Verstappen." She says standing up and holds up her hand. "Hi I'm Lando, Grace's brother! I'm friends with your brother! Are you the new driver at Red Bull?" I ask as I shake Emma's hand. "Yeah my brother mentioned you! Uhm Yeah I'm the new driver at Red Bull!" She says and let's go of my hand. She sits back down next to me. Grace gives me an annoyed look. "Easy! I'm going, I'm going! Nice to meet you Emma!" I say and close the door behind me. I walk downstairs back to Cisca's room and get in bed again, I dose off in seconds, flight always exhaust me.

**the next morning**

Emma's pov

I wake up to Grace's alarm, it's 5 am. "Pffff this is to early." I groan out and turn around to face Grace. She is already sitting straight up in bed. "Ugh I know, well come on sleepyhead." She says and pulls me out of bed. "Ugh fine!" I say and put on my clothes. We walk downstairs and get greeted by a scent of pancakes form the kitchen. "Mmm pancakes!" I say and walk into the kitchen. Flo and Cisca are sitting on stools at the kitchen island and Lando is baking the pancakes. "Morning girls!" Lando says with a smile.

"Morning." I say blushing looking away fast. 'Shit why do I have to have a crush on my best friends brother?' I ask myself. "Sit down!" He says and puts down plates for all of us. We eat the pancakes, they are delicious. "Thanks big bro they were delicious." Grace says to Lando as she puts her plate in the dishwasher. "Thanks lil sis!" He says and also puts his plate in the dishwasher. He walks upstairs to get I guess his suitcase. We also go upstairs to grab our things, I look around the room to make sure I don't forget anything, her parents live in England and I live in Monaco, well I'm going to love there after the race of Bahrein this weekend! With Max (my brother) Kelly piquet and Penelope Kelly's daughter.

"Do you still live with your parents Em?" Grace asks as we take our suitcases downstairs. "Well I did until now!" I say. She looks at me confused. "After this race I'm going to live with my brother in Monaco!" I say excited. "I wanna love in Monaco too!" Grace says sad. "Ask your brother if you can live with him and Max Fewtrell! He lives there too and then we can hang out together more often!" I say excited. When we walk downstairs still talking we get shushed by Grace's twin sister Flo. We look confused at her, she points at the couch.

Lando is laying there on the couch sleeping peacefully on his back. I think it's super cute. Grace laughs at Lando but she doesn't wake him up, we hear Lando snore softly. We can't help it, we look at each other and burst out laughing. Lando opens his eyes. "What's so funny?" He asks confused. "Nothing, you just snore a little when you sleep that's all." Grace says still laughing hard. Lando looks a little embarrassed but doesn't say anything about it. We hear a car honk outside. "Our cab to the airport is here!" Lando says peaking through the curtains. "Okay let's go baby!" Grace says and grabs her suitcase and her backpack.

We put our things in the trunk of the cab and get I get in the backseat with Lando, Grace called shotgun so she sits next to the driver. "So Emma right?" Lando asks as he sits down next to me. "Yup! The one and only!" I say laughing. He laughs with me. "How old are you?" He asks me. "Nineteen! I'm turning twenty on the tenth of June!" I say. "And you?" I ask, I already know he is twenty one but I have to pretend I'm not a fan girl! "I'm twenty one! I'm turning twenty two on the thirteenth of November." He says. I already knew too that his birthday was on the thirteenth of November, but hey I'm not a weird fan girl that knows everything.

"Cool!" I say. 'Shit why did I have to say cool!' I think to myself. He laughs and looks outside. The sun is rising slowly from the horizon. We arrive at the airport at 6 am, we show our passports and we board the plane at 6.30 am. We're flying with the whole McLaren team, I didn't put on my Red Bull polo or cap because I didn't want to make things awkward. Grace gets introduced by Lando to some mechanics of the McLaren team so she gets pulled away and talks with them. Lando comes and sits next to me. "Mind if I sit here?" He asks before he sits down.

"No, no, sit down!" I say and move a little bit closer to the window so he has more space. Three people can sit in one row of seats. So Grace can always sit with us. Lando is in the middle seat and I'm at the window seat. We have a flight of a good 8 hours so I'm trying to get to sleep as soon as we take off. Lando already fell asleep before take off. Grace sits down fast after the flight attendant said that all passengers needed to be seated in the correct seat. Lando's head falls onto my shoulder. But I don't mind, he is so handsome and cute.

Grace's pov

I go sit down with Emma again, but I see Lando is in the middle seat, it doesn't matter but I wanted to sit next to my bestie. I sit down, Lando's head falls onto Emma's shoulder. "I can let his heavy head lean onto my shoulder if you want?" I ask her. "No it's okay, I don't mind." She says and looks out the window. "I'm a little scared of flying." She whispers to me. "Oh Em! Hold my hand" I whisper back, she grabs my hand and hold sit until we're flying horizontal again. "Thank you!" She says. "No prob bestie!" I say. We laugh.

We both try to sleep, Emma falls asleep in a few minutes but I can't sleep. It's weird normally I can sleep on planes and in a car but now I can't. So I just talk with the nearest mechanic about this weekend, I'm making my F1 debut this weekend and I wanna do it right! Emma is also making her F1 debut but then at Red Bull with her brother. I'm also in the same team as my brother. I fall asleep when we're 2 hours into the flight. I wake up to turbulence, I look around everyone is asleep. I look at Lando and Emma, they are also asleep. I get up and walk to the toilet.

I sit back down and go to sleep again. The rest of the flight went by really fast. We get out of the plane, "I have a jet leg." Emma complains to me in the cab to the hotel at the circuit of Bahrain. "Same here." I say and laugh. Lando sits in the front seat next to the driver. We get out of the cab and walk into the hotel. It's a fancy hotel, "oeh I like this!" I say as I point to the all-you-can-eat-buffet. "Oeh Yeah me too!" Emma says. We laugh and walk to our hotel rooms. I put down my suitcase and walk downstairs again.

I bump into Lando and I think some of his friends, one is quite attractive. "Oh yeah Lads! This is my little sister Grace!" He says to the four boys. "Hi I'm Grace Norris, it's nice to meet y'all!" I say and hold out my hand so they can shake them. The first one shakes my hand. "Hi I'm Alex Albon! It's nice to meet you to!" He says. The second one shakes my hand. "Hi I'm Carlos Sainz! Nice to meet you!" He says. The third one shakes my hand. "Hello! My name is Charles Leclerc! It's nice to meet you Grace!" He says. The last boy shakes my hand. He is really handsome if you ask me.

"Hi I'm George Russell! It's really nice to meet you Grace!" He says and shakes my hand for a little longer then the rest. We stare into each others eyes. "Uhm that's enough George thank you!" Lando says pulling us apart. "So I'll go to my room to put my suitcase there! Wanna help me George?" He asks him. "Yeah sure mate! Ofcourse!" He says and grabs Lando's backpack which was standing on Lando's suitcase and follows Lando to his room. I talk with the other boys for a moment when Emma walks into he main lobby.

"Hey Emma!" Charles Leclerc says to her. "Huh you know her?"  I ask him confused. "Uhm Yeah I know her! Via Max her brother of course!" He says and walks up to Emma to hug her. "Hi Charles! How are you?" She asks as she hugs him. "I'm good! How are you." He asks as he lets her go. "Same here!" She says. "Hey sissy." We hear from behind us. We all turn around to see who it is. It's Max Verstappen. "MAXIE!" Emma yells and runs up excited to her brother and jumps into his arms. "I missed you so much!" She says to him. "I missed you to little one!" He says. "Little one?" I ask even more confused. "She isn't that small!" I say.

"No but we all call her that! She is smaller then all of us!" Charles says laughing. As I look at Charles Emma and Max walk over to us. "I'm going to help Max with his suitcase. See ya in a bit bestie!" Emma says and gives me a hug. "Bye girly pop!" I say and hug her back. Lando and George walk back from Lando's room. Oh yeah I almost forgot. "Oh hey Lan!" I yell at him. He runs up to me. "What is it Grace?" He asks. "Can I live with you and Max in Monaco? Pleaseeee!" I ask him. "Ugh fine! You sleep in the guest room." He says with a sigh. "Omg thank you!" I say excited. I can't wait to tell Emma.

Me and Lando eat diner together with Emma and Max. The boys talk about their winter break, I tell Emma that Lando approved on me living with him in Monaco. "Omg that's amazing Grace!" She says excited. "I'm so excited!" I say. Me and Emma squeal. The boys look over at us confused and go further talking about stupid boy stuff. George joins us for diner, he sits in between me and Lando. "Hey George, shall we go out tomorrow?" Lando asks as Max goes put away his tray. "Yeah sure sounds fun!" George says. "Girls? Wanna go out?" Lando asks. "Sure!" I say. I wait for Emma's answer. "Oeh sounds good to me!" She says. "Cool! Be ready tomorrow evening at 9 pm." He says and puts away his tray.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 4.1K 32
They had known eachother for years. From bestfriends, to lovers, to fiancés. Until one fatidic morning when an accident made her forget their life to...
1.4M 33.7K 126
||completed|| "Maybe, just maybe they will figure out a way to stay together." Max Verstappen x Daniella Michaels (OC) In the series/AUs 1. Race...
76K 2.4K 21
George changed. Carla doesn't know when it happened, how or even where, but he has. He's not the same man she fell in love with five years ago. Land...
270K 4.4K 61
Jona is your typical student. Loves to party, enjoys life, but most of all wants to thrive. Being given the assignment to find an internship for her...