Broken Binds

By Hannibal_Nephew

Being called the Heir of Slytherin certainly affected Harry. While down in the chamber Harry found some shoc... More

Story info (please read) (edited)
Down to the Chamber, we go
Dueling Young Shade of Voldemort
Salazar's True Heir
The Basilisk Bite/Ending the Attacks
Salazar's Memories/Freeing Dobby
Announcment

Waking Up/New Girlfriend

624 23 9
By Hannibal_Nephew

"Rigel" -talking

'Dumbfuck' -thinking

"Enough" -familiars speaking/beast speak/gobbledygook

'Interesting' -familiars/magical creature/goblin thinking

§open§ -Parseltongue

"Hello" - speaking a different language

Hello -writing/messages/news

'Salazar'- will being read/memories being seen/visions

Chapter 5: Waking Up/New Girlfriend

===========================================================================

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤Start Chapter¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Third pov:

It has taken 3½ days for Harry to recover from the chamber incident. It is now Wednesday night when Harry wakes up. He woke up groggily rubbing his eyes before looking up at the familiar ceiling of the hospital wing that was blurry. Harry then turns over and reaches around for his glasses. As he does some soft feminine hands that smell of vanilla lotion were near his face and he heard the familiar voice of his crush.

Hermoine-*whispers while putting Harry's glasses on his face*"Here Harry but be quiet it's late and Pomfrey is asleep"

Harry-*sits up, looks at Hermoine, and whispers*"It's so good to see you up Hermoine but what are you doing here you should be in your bed at Gryffindor Tower. What time is it? How long was I out? When did you wake up? Is everyone else ok? What about the twin's si..."

Hermoine interrupted Harry by gently grabbing him by the collar and pulling him in for a kiss. Harry stiffens up in shock his eyes widen in surprise. After a few seconds, Hermoine was going to pull away because Harry wasn't kissing back. However, before she could Harry relaxed leans into her kiss and started to kiss back. They continue to kiss until they once again needed to breathe. Hermoine pulled away slowly and their lips were only a few inches apart.

Harry- *whispers breathlessly*"Wow maybe I should nearly die by a basilisk more often if that's the treatment I get when I survive."

Hermoine-*Whispers*"Don't even think about it Harry James Potter Neville told me you went down alone if you do anything like that again I will hex you to next year."

Harry-*whispers*"Then what do I get for such a kiss you know you should only kiss your boyfriend like that"

Hermion-*scowls and Whispers*"Harry James Potter if you think I kiss anyone other then my boyfriend that way then you don't know me as well as I thought you did."

Harry-*leans back in bed whispers*"I am confused I never did ask you out so why you kiss..."

Hermione-*stops him putting her hand up and whispers*"Harry before you finish that sentence let me speak also don't worry about Dumbledore he still not return yet. Harry when I was petrified I heard everything you said. *Harry's eyes wide in shock fear showing in them he starts looking around as if trying to find an escape but Hermione put a hand on his cheek to relax him. When he relaxed she starts to speak again* Harry it ok I'm not mad I know that most of the stuff you said was practice the fact you repeated practice to not upset me when I woke up. Also yes Harry I love to be your girlfriend I have felt the same way about you since you saved me from a troll it started as a small crush but as we got t know each other I started to wish we could be more than friends. I already know you are suspicious of Dumbledore and Ron, had you not explained why I would have probably fought you tooth and nail to defend Dumbledore or Ron, I did as you suggested and learn Occlumency while I was petrified. For the last 3 nights since I woke up and while you have been out, I had Neville help me with practice blocking attacks. I also refuse to look Snape or Dumbledore in the eyes until I master it. I will continue to work on it for the next few months with you during school and then by myself during the summer. Also while you were out Neville let me borrow those two books the ones called European Pureblood New &Old: Family Facts and their Sigils and Pureblood Etiquette: Things every pureblood and half-blood should know. Though I don't like or didn't understand some things but Neville help me understand from a wizard's point of view I took your advice, Harry I am trying to be more open-minded and actually see it from others points of view. I am aware that the wizarding world is slightly backwards compared to the muggle world but that because of the old bigots who are holding on to their being in charge for as long as they can we all here are the future and we can change it in time. After all, they did it in other countries so it should be able to be done here too. Neville helps me understand the wizarding world while I help him and the twins learn of the muggle world.  The quidditch chaser has been giving me advice I actually got along better with my roommates Paverti and Lavander they wanted to apologize to you they never believed that you were at fault for the attacks but they felt guilty that they never defended you. Neville had them swear an oath that they were telling the truth, they did it without hesitation, and Neville has been teaching them Occlumency for the last three days."

Harry-*smiles and whispers*"I'm glad to hear Hermione you could use more female friends though I grew up having a few female friends and even participated in things they enjoy and would do the same for you it is better to have fellow females to do that with. Also, you are right the wizarding world is backwards but someday we will change it.  I have ideas and how as you know the sorting hat wanted to put me in Slytherin."

Hermione-*smiles teasingly and whispers*"Yes  I did hard to believe you don't seem the Slytherin type with how you act."

Harry-*whispers*"You and I both know I have been hiding my true self Hermoine. I plan on showing it slowly I have plans and I going to let it show. Also, the hat had good reason to want to place me in Slytherin."

Hermione-*whispers*"Oh why is that?"

Harry- *sits up leans forward and whispers in Hermione ear*"In the chamber I found out something you will be the only one to know besides me and the hat I will tell the boys later when the time is right. Hermione my mother was not a muggle-born as everyone believed she was a Parselmouth and direct blood descendant of Salazar Slytherin I am the sole heir to him now that she is gone. The Wizarding world has no idea it thanks to this I started thinking of a plan even as we talked Hermione you are the brightest witch of our generation and I am the brightest wizard I just hid it you know I have read all the books in Hogwarts library even in the restricted section. This whole year I learned much thanks to Neville and the twins throughout the year I had been secretly coming up with possible plans when you were attacked I had solidified my decision and had been planning more thoroughly the last two months.  I have also been writing to the Twin older brother Bill the only adult I trust he is like you Neville and the twins know everything I told him when he found me outside in the middle of the night when I was staying at the Weasley's home. He swore an oath on his magic and his life that he never tell anyone what I told him and swear to have no alternative motives. I know he can be trusted. Hermoine I will say now I have never been in a relationship before and I am new to this please be patient with me as we try this relationship and for now I want to keep it a secret only a select few I know we can trust.

Hermione-*looks down and whispers*"Oh are you ashamed to have a know it all bookworm who might be a half-blood  child to squib as a girlfriend?"

Harry-*leans back from her ear gently grabs under her chin and lifts it lifts so their eyes meet, and he whispers*" Hermione don't ever think that I wouldn't give a damn if you were half troll I care for you Hermione and I want nothing more then to shout it out to the world while standing on top of the astronomy tower. If I could I would re-arrange the stars to spell it out to everyone. I don't want to keep it a secret I want to tell the world how I got the beautiful and smartest witch of our generation and in Gryffindor as my girlfriend. But think of it from my point of view Mione you were targeted by the student population hexed and other stuff because you were friends with me and openly defended me hell even most of Gryffindor attacked you.*Hermione opens her mouth but Harry interrupts* Don't lie Hermione I know the truth why you think so many Gryffindor's where pranked Me Neville and the twins had pranked everyone who attacked you because the teachers did nothing. Now let me finish you were attacked by others because you defended me and didn't fall for peer pressure to abandon and torment me like Ronald and other Gryffindors did not all were involved, but a good amount were. Then later you were attacked by the basilisk because you were close to me. Now it is proven I am not the one who attacked the school so now everyone is going to be all guilty while many will start to see me as their famous hero and savior even acting like nothing happened. These people are sheep Hermione they don't know my whole heritage only that I am heir to one of the oldest and richest wizarding families and the last of my line and the one who defeated the dark lord,  a troll, and now a basilisk."

Hermione-*whispers*"What's your point, Harry."

Harry-* still holds her chin up gently and whispers*"Hemione I am famous now I may not like it but it is the truth to many witches I am an ideal future husband I am rich, famous, powerful, and heir to the most ancient and most noble house of Potter. There are many girls who won't like that I am taken off the market many may attack you to frighten you to leave me alone. The profit might even try to spout off lies just to pin the entire Britain magical population against you like they did me. Until I can be sure you can protect yourself and I can ensure your safety and also your parents safety I only want those we trust to know not even your parents can know. Hermione if you had been hanging out with Neville and the twins they no doubt told you how you being attacked affected me had I not been trained in Occlumency so well at the time I would have let loose all my anger not only attacking Dumbledore but many who dared bad mouth you or accused me of attacking you. Hell, when Malfoy bad mouth you I nearly pulled out my wand and cast some dark spells at him that I learned from the restricted section. I not doing this because I want to Hermione they don't know it yet but soon the boys will see in you what I do and they will be continuously trying to whoo you and court you. Hermione I know I am asking a lot by wanting to keep this a secret if this is not okay with you then I will back off and stay your friend. Though it will hurt seeing you with another guy which you would no doubt find. that lucky bloke probably will turn out to be better than me but know I want you happy and will do anything to have you in my life even if I must stay friend-zoned. Now I am going to lean in slowly to kiss you if you are still willing to give me a chance at being your boyfriend then please do me the honor to kiss you again. If you don't want to be more than friends after hearing what I told you then it gives you time to stop me that will give me a clear answer"

With that, Harry lets go of her chin and leans in to kiss Hermione. Like Harry had promised he leans in slowly giving her plenty of time to stop it. To his joy Hermione doesn't stop it in fact she even closes her eyes and slowly leans in as well. With that they move in as they got closer Harry close his eyes as well. When inches apart Harry could smell the scent of spearmint on Hermione's breath he couldn't help but think that this solidify as his favorite type of mint scent. Hermione was thinking along similar thoughts to Harry as she smelled the peppermint scent on his breath. Harry and Hermione's lips touch and they slowly kiss each other gently. They kiss for a few minutes before slowly pulling away their lips only inches apart.

Hermione-*smirks and whispers*"Well Mr.Potter you have now taken my first and second kiss something that I swore to give to my boyfriend now what do you plan to do about it?"

Harry-*smirks and whispers*"My fair maiden I shall take responsibility with great honor. I will start planning and when the time comes even if you are my girlfriend I will openly court you in pure tradition by doing this no one shall deny that this is sudden or rash I will ensure that you will be safe many won't approve and many will be against it but if they do they can shove it up their arse. For now, we shall take it slow and when the time comes I will court you how you deserve."

Hermione-*whispers*"Alright Harry I like that but it's late I have class tomorrow and Pomfrey will be checking in on you so we both should get sleep."

Harry-*whispers*"Can I get another kiss goodnight"

Hermione-*whispers*"Really Harry"

Harry-*whisper*"What can I say Hermione I've been wanting this for months it still feels like a dream because it to good to be true"

Hermione-*eyes soften and whispers*"I assure you Harry it's real *leans in and kisses him and pulls back* Now rest we will talk more another time."

Harry-*whispers*"Alright night Hermione also sorry for seeming needy"

Harry removes his glasses and sets them down before laying back down and slowly drifts to sleep.  Hermione grabs his cover covering Harry up she kisses his forehead. Before getting up to lie in an empty hospital bed next to Harry.

Hermione-*lays down and whispers as she clothes her eyes*" It ok Harry I know you never went into grave details with what those horrible muggles did to you you were shown very little kindness I understand that you want to latch on to such kindness we will work on it together. Besides, it is completely understandable that you are like this Neville and the twins told me a lot while you were unconscious. You are new to this and haven't known much kindness before Hogwarts as you said the few friends you had moved away when you were 6 7 and 8 years old. You have the twins Neville and me now Harry we won't be going anywhere even if you try to push us away no matter what you're stuck with us for the long hall. Neville the twins and I all are already coming up with ways to punish the Dursleys when we come of age for what they did to you Neville saw it all Harry he even told me about your insecurities so I am prepared for you to have moments like those on occasion and when those times happen I will reassure you just like how I did just now."

Harry-*sleepily whispers*"Thank you Hermione I truly do not deserve you or the boys. I am truly grateful to have you guys in..."

Harry passes out asleep mid-sentence. Hermione looks at the ceiling from her bed then turns to look at Harry and thinks one last thing before falling asleep.

Hermione-*looks at the sleeping Harry while deep in thought* 'You are wrong Harry you deserve to have people care for you and so much more. So far you have suffered so much unfairness in life and was forced to pretend to be someone you aren't. You have been strong for so long hiding your pain and shouldering your burdens alone. However, you are no longer alone the twins, Neville, and I will help you bare the weight you will have us to lean on and when we break through your walls and find out everything in grave details, we will still be by your side. You don't know how special you are Harry soon more will join us. Girls who will love you as I do, they will love the real you not the Harry Potter everyone readies about. They will help you heal and stand by you. There will also be boys and girls joining us who will befriend you, who will care for you like the twins and Neville does. You will meet adults who you will come to trust just like you trust Bill.  You may not believe it or see it as possible right now but my new Ravenclaw friend has seen it and though she is a bit eccentric I believe what she says is true. Neville already told me how some end up taking multiple wives being from an old family like the Potter you he warned me you might have more heirships and if so you need to take more than one wife. I might have been upset at first hearing that but then knew how you were so I knew you never play favorite and could use all the love you could get after the life you have. I don't mind sharing but they have to get my approval and know I am the main girl. I already spot possible candidates for you Harry but you don't need to know that yet you weren't the only one who was a possible candidate for Slytherin. I had traits for all houses but my Ravenclaw and Gryffindor traits showed most.'

With that Hermione drifts off to sleep dreaming about her new boyfriend and her kissing. The dream then changes to a not-so-clear dream of a future with her and Harry surrounded by a large group of people the only faces she can make out are her parents, Neville, twins, Lavender, Paverti, Harry, her Ravenclaw friend Luna and herself standing with others who face not so clear to her but she could tell that they were either friend, family of their friends, more than friends with Harry and her, or like family to her harry she didn't know how she knew but she could feel it. Hermione smiled in her sleep as she had the best night of sleep she ever had in her life dreaming about Harry and the large group with them. Maybe it was because Hermione already knew that she might have to share Harry and understood why and excepted the possibility already as long as she approves of them. Maybe it was the fact that the guy she has fancied for about a year and a half actually fancied her too. Maybe it was Herniobe finally having friends that she never thought she ever had. Maybe it was because she was actually with a guy who like her for herself and sees past the mask she always had but Hermione felt that finally, her life was starting o be a happy one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 307 27
The Potters an ancient line of powerful wizards and witches though not just wealth or social statues or blood but by magic only a select few can true...
66.5K 2.5K 47
It's the end of the war and Harry has won the war for the light. But now the truth is revealed and in a final act of betrayal, Harry's friends turn a...
2.2K 94 7
The summer before the third year happens differently for Harry. The Harry that returns to Hogwarts is not the same one who left. Harry decides to mak...
394K 13.8K 50
After the war was over, and Voldemort died, all death eaters were captured and killed except for a few who escaped the country before they were found...